Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

American Horror Story *SPOILERS*

Re: American Horror Story *SPOILERS*

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:01 am

Yes, I completely forgot about Anne Frank in Asylum! The references just pile up ;)

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:39 am

Really quick question:

Can I watch American Horror story independent of each other?
As in, do I have to watch Season 1 to watch 2, etc etc?

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:58 am

onigiri815 wrote:Really quick question:

Can I watch American Horror story independent of each other?
As in, do I have to watch Season 1 to watch 2, etc etc?

No, they are completely different story lines with different characters. There are parallels, but the plots are all different.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:52 am

^ Thank you! I thought I could but I'm going to go with my mates were stirring me and saying there were too many 'easter eggs' in each season to not watch them all in chronological order.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:25 am

I was a bit underwhelmed as well but I like where it's going so far. I was so disappointed in Coven last year so I'm glad they're actually bringing horror back into this season (I mean I know there was horror stuff in Coven but meh to me it was mostly just "lol wear black witch bitch *smokes a cigarette*")

I'm guessing that after the clown guy saw everyone hacking up the cop at the end he's gonna be like "wow I like these people I'm down to clown with them" and somethin somethin Elsa sells him to that lady and her son who were at the show.

ALSO I guess Season 5 has already been decided and in some interview with Ryan Murphy he said to watch closely in the first two episodes because they drop clues about what the theme is going to be and he said it's going to be a "radically different idea" from what they've been doing. They pulled what someone said from a blog post thinking it might be outerspace because this season takes place in Jupiter, Florida, and Jessica Lange's character is named Elsa Mars, she sang "Life On Mars", etc etc. Idk though, just rumors.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:52 am

They've alerady done aliens, so I don't think it would be that ^ but maybe..

I was so freaked out by the clown. The scene in the trailer was actually horrifying for me, and I don't usually get scared by things. Hopefully it won't get any worse scare-wise >.< I was internally screaming at that scene in particular.

HeyBoo

Post by HeyBoo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:02 am

I didn't really like the first episode, I thought it wasn't that interesting. But episode two looks way better :tu:
Also I seem to be the only one who isn't creeped out by the clown, he just made me curious, perhaps the most interesting of the characters I've seen so far.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:06 pm

I actually did not find clown creepy, just weird and I want to know more.
I thought that sex tape part was disturbing. What the effing god was that?
Also, I did not like how they all are killers and how they struggle with fame. Kinda overused theme.

Also, which actors were real "freaks" and who had heavy grimm?

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:16 pm

SPOILERS:
Holy goodness this episode... I do NOT like Strongman, at all. He's trying to control the show and take it away from Elsa IMO. His wife is probably becoming one of my favorite characters though! Hopefully her and Elsa take him down reminiscent of Fiona and Marie Laveau's massacre :D Also, a Dandy and Twisty duo? Excuse me while I never sleep again.

And poor Meep! I was so weirded out by him but that last scene.... :(

Also, since we were talking about how some of the characters of the past were inspired by real-life things, I found this article talking about how some of the freaks were inspired by real people. Super interesting.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/10/16/ ... ual,manual

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:21 pm

I want to know what Dandy saw in Twisty's bag that made him take off suddenly!
A bit crazy but..
has anyone noticed the conjoined twins in the opening credits touching themselves/making out? Do we think this might happen??

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:15 pm

husky wrote:I want to know what Dandy saw in Twisty's bag that made him take off suddenly!
A bit crazy but..
has anyone noticed the conjoined twins in the opening credits touching themselves/making out? Do we think this might happen??

I think it was the head of the guy twisty killed in the kids store? And maybe they do because I read an interview with Ryan Murphy where he said their were hints of what will happen in the season in the intro.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:01 pm

Maybe it's just me but the season so far is kind of boring/slow. I hope it'll pick up when Emma Roberts comes into the episodes.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:58 am

Theultim8troll wrote:
husky wrote:I want to know what Dandy saw in Twisty's bag that made him take off suddenly!
A bit crazy but..

I think it was the head of the guy twisty killed in the kids store? And maybe they do because I read an interview with Ryan Murphy where he said their were hints of what will happen in the season in the intro.

I completely blanked about that :oops: Seriously though, what is Dandy doing? lol :lol:

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:59 pm

I read an interview with Ryan Murphy and he said he can confirm that next season will definitely not be about aliens. He said something along the lines of: it's called "American Horror Story" not "Galactic Horror Story".

I guess the space-related stuff this season is all a coincidence. Or maybe they purposely put it in there to confuse us. Who knows.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:38 am

I'm addicted to the Lana Del Rey cover....I enjoy it more than Lana Del Rey's version.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzFCROrvS0A[/youtube]
Also, I'm 99.9% sure that that guy in the top hat is Ricky from American Beauty.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:08 am

wanderlust wrote:I'm addicted to the Lana Del Rey cover....I enjoy it more than Lana Del Rey's version.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzFCROrvS0A[/youtube]
Also, I'm 99.9% sure that that guy in the top hat is Ricky from American Beauty.

SAME. I ADORE Jessica Lange, she is total perfection.

The latest episode has been my favourite so far! I love Edward Mordrake (he's pretty sexy, ngl), and I'm glad it's a two-parter.

I love all the freak characters so far except the effin' Strongman (HATE HIM!) and I'm not sure how I feel about Emma Roberts' character yet.
Add me to the list of people without a clown phobia but are terrified of Twisty! :lol: For real, though... That asshole keeps me up at night. I really want to know what his deal is!

Was anyone else totally thrown off by the professor guy Emma Roberts' character came to town with in the hotel room with the viking dude? :| Are they going somewhere with that? Is he gonna join the Freakshow because he has a giant wang or something?

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:32 pm

It is the guy from American Beauty, Wes Bentley, he was also in the Hunger Games if anyone was trying to place him.

Idk about this season tbh. After the last episode I'm really over it. I hated Asylum and stopped watching it half way through, and this one is reminding me far too much of it. I really liked the (relative) simplicity of Season 3, and to some extent 1, and already we're in episode 3 and there seems to be a lot of extraneous plotlines that just don't have any need to be in the show.

I'm gonna keep watching it for now, but it's already wearing thin.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:50 pm

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the other two.... it looks like its just setting up next week IMO. Good thing, too, as the Halloween specials are always really good. However, all of the references to the movie Halloween were so on point! Loved it.

As much as I love the freaks and the freakshow theme, I really want to see more of Dandy and Twisty! They're such interesting characters and I want to know more about them.
I read somewhere that we might get to learn Twisty's back-story next week so lets hope!

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:32 pm

I also loved the Halloween references. I like the way things look (the set and the costumes and the adorable 50s styling) and so far I enjoy the season way more than Asylum and Coven. However, it might be because of the 50s dresses and makeup. There are some interesting characters, so hopefully this season will be more satisfying for the viewers. The bald impotent dude needs to go. Dandy is bugging me too, but he can stay.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:15 am

After hearing so many great things about this show I decided to watch... I get more comedy than horror. This last episode was especially hilarious. Dandy is one of my favorites. When he screamed "I hate you Dora!" I was nearly in tears. I love when he throws tantrums. I can't wait to see how his character plays out. Do y'all think the clown feels sorry for him? He didn't kill him lol. The clown doesn't scare me either. I have so many questions about him as well. Why the hostages?

I like the show, but I thought I would be scared or watching between my fingers. Can't wait to see how the storyline plays out with so many diverse characters.

Also loveee the "freaks". In college we had to do weekly reports on rare/strange diseases or medical abnormalities, 'twas my fave! <3

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:59 am

For those of you who watched Dexter, Twisty is reminding me of the Trinity Killer. I really get the feeling their backstories are gonna be similar, especially with the way the children are involved.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:02 am

VeronicaSawyer wrote:I was still wondering about her accent, so I looked it up, and I read an article that said it's probably supposed to be a Philly accent. If that's true, then it's REALLY bad, lol. =/

To me, her accent sounds similar to John Travolta's accent in Hairspray. So, I'd guess she's supposed to be from Baltimore? That's the best I could come up with, but the accent grates on me a bit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhkYrd0Sg3o[/youtube]

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:29 am

VeronicaSawyer wrote:I was still wondering about her accent, so I looked it up, and I read an article that said it's probably supposed to be a Philly accent. If that's true, then it's REALLY bad, lol. =/

Which is funny because all of Jessica Lange's accents are always on point and Kathy Bates is an amazing actress.

Jessica Lange's German accent this season is so not on point though. It's like half-French, lol.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:21 am

CherryCake wrote:

Which is funny because all of Jessica Lange's accents are always on point and Kathy Bates is an amazing actress.

Jessica Lange's German accent this season is so not on point though. It's like half-French, lol.

What, she's supposed to be German? I seriously thought she was French, they should have gotten help with their accents. They are just plain terrible IMO!

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:55 am

im curious why the clown havent died the little boy and the girl, i was wondering maybe he kidna likes them, and wanna look up them as a "family" but than came Dandy, and im just standing it why the clown keep lhim alive, and the halloween episode just makes me wonder more, why does the clown need more people? maybe wanna he have a pirvate show? and if they dont enjoy it he will kill them?

Return to “TV Shows”