We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Game of Thrones

hellyeah
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by hellyeah » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:30 am

Love this show. Fave characters: tyrion and Dany (khaleesi).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayleeee
Talker
Talker

Post by kayleeee » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:39 am

Anyone pick up A World of Ice and Fire yet? I'm considering it, once I eventually find time to run to the book store
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

user484
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by user484 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:03 am

I've bought the entire series (to date) and am currently on the second book, A Clash of Kings. Highly recommend!

onigiri815
Learner
Learner

Post by onigiri815 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:34 am

I haven't re-read the series yet as for me it's "too soon" since I first read them all and I will be tempted to skip through some parts in order to get to my favourite parts rather than actually reading it properly. I'm very excited for this season as for some characters it will go ahead of their current book storyline.
My favourite part will be to see what becomes of Varys and if he stays with Tyrion as this is a change from the books! Also if anyone knows about the Cersei scene...

onigiri815
Learner
Learner

Post by onigiri815 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:30 pm

Screaming over the trailer.

han_han
Learner
Learner

Post by han_han » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Same! I do love Game Of Thrones but I feel like I'm gonna have to go back and watch the last few episodes again to remember what was going on so I'm prepared for the new episodes!

Tsubaki
Learner
Learner

Post by Tsubaki » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:00 am

I love Game of Thrones but I only watch the TV series. Epic novels are not my thing, unless someone could argue otherwise. In fact, I struggle following a book series.

han_han
Learner
Learner

Post by han_han » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:03 pm

^ is that valyrian? ;)

SarahG
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SarahG » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:45 pm

New fresh leaked episodes and I have to study :boohoo:

han_han
Learner
Learner

Post by han_han » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:16 pm

han_han wrote:^ is that valyrian? ;)

I posted this when there was a big spam post above that, seems to have been deleted! Haha

Sooo tempted to watch the new leaked episodes but then I'll have to wait another 4 weeks for new episodes! Can't decide what to do. Think I'll see how the first episode ends and then decide if I can handle another week waiting..

kayleeee
Talker
Talker

Post by kayleeee » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:33 pm

I don't think I'm going to watch the 4 leaked episodes because then I won't have anyone to talk to it about for a month, AND i would of seen almost half the season.

But nonetheless I'm so happy the season has finally started. SPOILERS??????? I can't wait for the Sand Snakes and Arya next episode.

featherly
Debater
Debater

Post by featherly » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:51 pm

I watched the leaked episodes and I regret it since I have nothing to do until the next episodes. Pretty good episodes so far, but I'm unsure where some storylines are going. There's a bit of diversion from the books, but some of the changes are promising.

han_han
Learner
Learner

Post by han_han » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:21 am

I wonder if GRRM gets pissed when they change his story. Are they not setting themselves up for a mess further down the line?

SarahG
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SarahG » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:25 am

these episodes are setting up for other things, I just don't know how interested I am in that direction, other than Daenerys and Tyron

featherly
Debater
Debater

Post by featherly » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:41 am

han_han wrote:I wonder if GRRM gets pissed when they change his story. Are they not setting themselves up for a mess further down the line?

I think D&D talked to GRRM about everything. They did say that the show will spoil future books. I guess none of the changes are going to detract from the ending of the series. I can see why they made some changes. Maybe so favourite characters' stories don't just fizzle away for a season or two or maybe they didn't see some storylines (i.e. Sansa's) worth going through and adding all these super minor characters in the process.

husky
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by husky » Mon May 18, 2015 2:05 pm

Thoughts on this season so far? The show is catching up to the books now and I'm REALLY interested in a) how the show will progress from here and b) how all the plots in the books will turn out.. :confetti:

onigiri815
Learner
Learner

Post by onigiri815 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Really happy with the Season. Very sick over the Sansa storyline, as in I felt ill in that controversial scene.

kayleeee
Talker
Talker

Post by kayleeee » Tue May 26, 2015 3:09 pm

I'm baffled at how they have taken two books worth of material and mashed it into one season, but then again both the last two books where slow and boring tbh.

I'm still on the fence on this season. Most of the action I'm guessing is left needed a lot of set up and I just hope it pays off.

featherly
Debater
Debater

Post by featherly » Tue May 26, 2015 7:41 pm

The Sand Snakes are pretty horrible. The season hasn't been anything spectacular. The only storylines I actually like are Stannis, the Night's Watch, and the High Sparrow ones.

onigiri815
Learner
Learner

Post by onigiri815 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:51 pm

I'm disappointed with the lack of depth the sand snakes have when they could be incredibly strong players within the story. The high sparrow story line is definitely keeping me on my toes.

kayleeee
Talker
Talker

Post by kayleeee » Wed May 27, 2015 6:02 am

The Sand Snakes had so much potential! I'm still one of those people complaining over not having Arianne Martell.

onigiri815
Learner
Learner

Post by onigiri815 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:14 pm

I can deal without Arianna. While her story line was good in the books I feel she would have been bland in the tv show. They would have really had to smoosh into the season to make it have an impact.

holly golightly
Learner
Learner

Post by holly golightly » Fri May 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Sansa is my favourite character. To say I am disappointed by the way her storyline has unfolded is a bit of an understatement. And if Theon is the one getting the revenge and redemption then I will be well and truly annoyed. He deserves to get revenge on Ramsay, sure, but if they play it up as him being Sansa's saviour then no. If Sansa is getting a saviour it better be Brienne but I'd much rather Sansa do the dirty work herself.

But I'm so glad they sped up Tyrion and Daenerys meeting. I had a feeling it would be this season but I thought they'd have it be a cliffhanger to end the season, so I'm glad we have three more episodes to let it unfold. Makes me wonder how they're going to end the season 5 though.

kayleeee
Talker
Talker

Post by kayleeee » Fri May 29, 2015 4:34 pm

I agree 100% with you, I hope they aren't using this as just a Theon redemption story arc. I hope they make Theon and Sansa save themselvs together.

I saw the HBO synopsis for the last two episodes and if the events I think are going to happen actually happen, this season way redeam itself for me.

Kasumi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Kasumi » Sun May 31, 2015 11:22 pm

This night's episode was sooooooo good!!

I really like the dynamic forming between Dany an Tyrion. I'm glad she's smart enough to realize his expertise, although I'm still waiting until she's smart enough to release her damn dragons from the dungeon. Also, am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about Jorah? I used to but now I'm just like 'get over it, you fucked up'. I'm so happy they devoted half the episode to Jon + White Walkers(!!!!!!!). Tbh, Jon's arc could basically be its own show. Jon and Tormund are my new brotp.

Also, I'm glad that Sansa finally knows her brothers are alive(although will probably not appear in this season... who knows what D&D are gonna do with Bran now), although I'm worried her arc will become a Theon redemption arc instead. I feel like Sansa is seriously underrated and under appreciated by the producers.

Return to “TV Shows”