Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

Game of Thrones

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Guest » Tue May 26, 2015 7:41 pm

The Sand Snakes are pretty horrible. The season hasn't been anything spectacular. The only storylines I actually like are Stannis, the Night's Watch, and the High Sparrow ones.

Post by Guest » Tue May 26, 2015 8:51 pm

I'm disappointed with the lack of depth the sand snakes have when they could be incredibly strong players within the story. The high sparrow story line is definitely keeping me on my toes.

Post by Guest » Wed May 27, 2015 6:02 am

The Sand Snakes had so much potential! I'm still one of those people complaining over not having Arianne Martell.

Post by Guest » Wed May 27, 2015 12:14 pm

I can deal without Arianna. While her story line was good in the books I feel she would have been bland in the tv show. They would have really had to smoosh into the season to make it have an impact.

Post by Guest » Fri May 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Sansa is my favourite character. To say I am disappointed by the way her storyline has unfolded is a bit of an understatement. And if Theon is the one getting the revenge and redemption then I will be well and truly annoyed. He deserves to get revenge on Ramsay, sure, but if they play it up as him being Sansa's saviour then no. If Sansa is getting a saviour it better be Brienne but I'd much rather Sansa do the dirty work herself.

But I'm so glad they sped up Tyrion and Daenerys meeting. I had a feeling it would be this season but I thought they'd have it be a cliffhanger to end the season, so I'm glad we have three more episodes to let it unfold. Makes me wonder how they're going to end the season 5 though.

Post by Guest » Fri May 29, 2015 4:34 pm

I agree 100% with you, I hope they aren't using this as just a Theon redemption story arc. I hope they make Theon and Sansa save themselvs together.

I saw the HBO synopsis for the last two episodes and if the events I think are going to happen actually happen, this season way redeam itself for me.

Post by Guest » Sun May 31, 2015 11:22 pm

This night's episode was sooooooo good!!

I really like the dynamic forming between Dany an Tyrion. I'm glad she's smart enough to realize his expertise, although I'm still waiting until she's smart enough to release her damn dragons from the dungeon. Also, am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about Jorah? I used to but now I'm just like 'get over it, you fucked up'. I'm so happy they devoted half the episode to Jon + White Walkers(!!!!!!!). Tbh, Jon's arc could basically be its own show. Jon and Tormund are my new brotp.

Also, I'm glad that Sansa finally knows her brothers are alive(although will probably not appear in this season... who knows what D&D are gonna do with Bran now), although I'm worried her arc will become a Theon redemption arc instead. I feel like Sansa is seriously underrated and under appreciated by the producers.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:12 am

LITERALLY 100/100 ON THE EPISODE.

Fabulous, spectacular. Absolutely loved the progression with the white walkers and definitely know what will happen next episode now that they have had quite a large fight in this episode. (Book reader, we know its going to be a long walk for someone!)
I am interested to see the relationship between Dany and Tyrion. It looks like they will get very clever scripts and have a good bunch of verbal sparring throughout their time together, should it last a bit longer.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:11 am

That was an absolute 10/10 episode! That last 15 minutes put me on edge haha. Interest to see where it goes from here (not a book reader) but now I want to know after reading the above comment :'(

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:30 pm

10/10 :tu: looking forward to the last two episodes now! There's plenty still to look forward to.. (I hope!) 8-)

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:35 pm

I'm a bit worried for the next episode 9. Something bad always happens in episode 9!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:54 pm

I think you mean something intense happens! I definitely think it will be back in Kings Landing for this one.

I'm also interested in that hinted dynamic between the Nights King and John Snow. It is possible that it's nothing but considering john has now killed a walker and how the Nights King watched it so intently it could hint at a few things.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:47 am

I feel like im over the show haha

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:59 am

onigiri815 wrote:I think you mean something intense happens! I definitely think it will be back in Kings Landing for this one.

I'm also interested in that hinted dynamic between the Nights King and John Snow. It is possible that it's nothing but considering john has now killed a walker and how the Nights King watched it so intently it could hint at a few things.

Oh I definitely think the White Walkers see Jon as a threat now. I mean here's this random kid who just killed one of their generals in a way they probably haven't seen before. I'm so excited for the next episode. Jon's storyline is probably the most interesting for me, since he's the one dealing with the biggest threat in Westeros. But I'm also worried on what will happen to Jon in the season finale, or maybe next season(if you book readers know what I mean). There's definitely tension between Jon and the Night's Watch, with the wildings coming along. I guess it all depends on how much D&D decide to change things.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:30 am

Wow.
WOW.

Okay, I'm waiting for the backlash of a young girl, I would waged, 12-14 getting BURNT ALIVE?
I absolutely hated the scene with Sansa, but that burning was a hit too. A really painful one and he doesn't deserve to be King. No matter what he says.

(edited slightly because I will probably get my screen filled with hate about spoilers.)

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:55 am

Yea - that scene was intense, but due to all the foreshadowing the internet has been doing, I was expecting it. The camera did a lot of that too - notice the toy she was holding with the background it showed? It wasn't very subtle.

I know the whole internet is having a fit right now, especially since some of the chapters of the sixth book are out - but I found this quote, especially followed by what Melisandre says to Davos that has an impact: https://goo.gl/iGKW0m (don't read if you haven't seen the ep yet!)

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Shed a little tear at that episode! The kids were treated like absolute shit weren't they?

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:12 pm

^ I can't find the quote? just google reviews.

The camera also did alot of the work in the Sansa scene which is why I find it ludicrous everyone was getting their knickers in a twist seeing as there have been more explicit rape scenes and implications in previous seasons.
I was expected what happened to her because this season focussed more on her character and especially the moment between her and her father in the tent where he dubbed her princess and finally told her he loved her. But honestly, I'm shocked that none of the men seemed to bat an eyelid. Definitely didn't expect her mother to crack first either and I wonder what Davos will do on his return even though I'm pretty sure he knew.

I'm pretty bummed now, only one more episode to go but I think that will take place in Kings Landing (i know I said that for this past ep, but now I'm certain) definitely will tie up Arya's line and will hopefully glimpse Ramsay all bloodied like he was in an interview he did.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:55 am

onigiri815 wrote:I was expected what happened to her because this season focussed more on her character and especially the moment between her and her father in the tent where he dubbed her princess and finally told her he loved her. But honestly, I'm shocked that none of the men seemed to bat an eyelid. Definitely didn't expect her mother to crack first either and I wonder what Davos will do on his return even though I'm pretty sure he knew.

I don't think he knew at all. I'm pretty sure that was partially the reason why Stannis sent him away. Davos wouldn't stand for it, he probably cared more for that little girl than Stannis himself. Their relationship was so cute... he's going to be heartbroken. Just when I started to root for Stannis...

And I also didn't expect the mother to crack! She's been acting like a stone cold bitch towards Shireen this entire time, but damn looks like she still cared enough to try and stop it.

Is no one gonna bring up that epic scene with Dany? Because it really was epic. Now I just want her to release the rest of her damn dragons before they resent her forever(though they probably already do..) . It was stupid locking them up in the first place.

By the way... what the hell ever happened to Gendry? Is he like... gone forever? Poor boy is probably out on a rowboat somewhere.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:34 pm

I watched Thronecast afterwards (only on in the UK I think!) and apparently we'll see Davos find out what happens next week. That scene and the scene with the young girl in the brothel made me feel so sick.

Dany on the dragon was insane! Is she missing now?

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:12 am

Dany's scene seemed almost pointless without the context of what happens in the books if you have read them. I just think after the gravity of the scene with Shireen they didn't pick the best slot to have the Dani scene. I don't know ... I haven't been a fan of Dani this season honestly.

I still think Davos knew something was wrong. He gave her that stag and his response was ".. because you deserve it" i don't know. I just think he knew something was up but wasn't sure exactly what. As for Selyse I think it shows the complexity of that particular family. We have her who was so steadfast and hated her daughter for so long for not being a boy. She watched her own brother burn.
Then we have Stannis who was almost doubting Melisandra and having a bond with his child and now it is, not flipped, but has all been changed.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:07 pm

yeah i just dont have the balls for this show anymore, i dealt with the rape and graphic deaths but i can't deal with a child being burned alive. im out

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:57 am

onigiri815 wrote:^ I can't find the quote? just google reviews.

The camera also did alot of the work in the Sansa scene which is why I find it ludicrous everyone was getting their knickers in a twist seeing as there have been more explicit rape scenes and implications in previous seasons.
I was expected what happened to her because this season focussed more on her character and especially the moment between her and her father in the tent where he dubbed her princess and finally told her he loved her. But honestly, I'm shocked that none of the men seemed to bat an eyelid. Definitely didn't expect her mother to crack first either and I wonder what Davos will do on his return even though I'm pretty sure he knew.

I'm pretty bummed now, only one more episode to go but I think that will take place in Kings Landing (i know I said that for this past ep, but now I'm certain) definitely will tie up Arya's line and will hopefully glimpse Ramsay all bloodied like he was in an interview he did.

Here is a image for it. http://i.imgur.com/jdzuvY9.jpg

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:40 pm

woah missed that one

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:25 am

I was two weeks behind because I was on vacation and OMFG! Episode 8 and 9 where so insane!
The battle scene they shot was one of the best to date.
And I still can't wrap my head around what happened to Shireen.

Return to “TV Shows”