Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

Annoying things youtubers do/say

Re: Annoying things youtubers do/say

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:18 pm

When vlogging and they say" I just did _______ or _________ is so beautiful " without showing you. Like what is the point of you vlogging, you might as well just sit in front of the camera and give a play by play of your day. We want to see what you are doing not look at a close up of your face while you tell us about it.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Also insert random guy in the background shirtless walking around in boxers or sleeping. Why am I looking at this random guy? It's f*****g weird. Couldn't you have avoided that or edited it out.

Also not on the phone but talking to a friend in the room who is just casually watching you film or talking to your mom who keeps shouting something that we can't hear. Edit it out. Why on earth would you leave that in.

Not to mention constantly looking at yourself while filming. Checking occasionally is fine but staring at yourself for so long, to the point where you have pauses in what you are saying because you are more focused on fixing that invisible strand of hair in your face, is annoying.

Also the whole let me put my relationship in my videos constantly but when we break up I just casually won't mention him ever agin and ignore the flood of comments asking what happened.

PoisonedApple

Post by PoisonedApple » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:45 pm

I despise jumpcuts and annotations. Just NO.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:40 am

1) squeaky fast forward voices - sTFU PLEASE NO *COUGH* NIKKI DAMN PHILLIPPI

2) WHEN BEAUTY GURUS PUT ON THIS FAKE HIGH PITCHED VOICE AND ACT LIKE 4 YEAR OLDS *COUGH* (MISSGLAM, TANYABURR, MACBARBIE)

3) when yters talk about anxiety in 24/7 of their videos and they play it up SO MUCH (number 1 pet peeve of life) cough fucking tanya burr and zoella

so many more i just cant think of rihgt now

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:08 pm

*different clips every two seconds*

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:27 pm

When they say that they make videos "for us" and they act like we should be thankful they even posted anything at all. ??? You do it because it's your job and I wouldn't give a rat's ass if you never made a video again, there are literally thousands of other Youtubers lined up to take your place.

I just hate when they adopt the attitude that they are doing us a favor by making videos. (This is mostly encountered with "beauty gurus.")

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 pm

1) When they call themselves 'social media experts'
2) When they call people who watch them 'viewers'

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Acting like 5 years olds.... it just makes me wanna do this

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:35 pm

PoisonedApple wrote:I despise jumpcuts and annotations. Just NO.

Absolutely. I can't stand constant jumpcuts.

And they're usually the same people who do the other thing that annoys the crap out of me and that is REALLY OBNOXIOUSLY EXCITABLE TALKING and playing up their "super quirky" personality. Holy crap calm yourselves.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:31 pm

^^^^Yup, it just feels like everyone tries to be so special and unique and quirky.......except they all act like each other, so it obviously doesn't work. You can always tell when someone is putting on an act.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:38 pm

This is really specific but... Olga Kay making a fundraiser to create content. Like... what? You know your views have fallen, how are you going to raise 100 freakin' grand to make videos? Jeez... obviously she doesn't make as much money as she used to

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:51 am

Reaction videos, for new music especially, where they dance and sing, often badly, to the music they should be 'reacting' to. I check these vids out to see if they like the same moments I liked, or if I missed something interesting. A lot of times ppl forget to even articulate how they felt about the content they just flailed around to for 10 minutes. Smh. Oh let me not forget the fake crying...

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Patreon, bla bla,bla, Patreon :barf:

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:37 pm

I find the whole oversaturation of videos annoying, not only that, but it hurts my eyes! Also I dislike it when YouTubers say "like" as their filler word and touch their hair. Just pin it back already!

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:34 pm

*makes note of these things in my brain as I have a small youtube channel and don't want to piss people off*
thanks actually this helped. I couldn't agree more and now I know what I should do :tu:

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:21 pm

"Excuse my hair, nails, realy tiny pimple, etc"
I don't notice until they point it out, I doubt anyone does.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:13 am

The constant oversharing of their lives. Documenting every single second of their pregnancy and their relationship and their pets and their new house. Who even cares that much? Sometimes it makes me think that people who make videos are searching for attention by showing how 'perfect' their lives are and trying to impress young girls. And then a lot of the viewers are young girls/women who have this ideal life in their mind and want to fit in my commenting 'omg goalsss!' on pictures and videos.

Now obviously this is not true for every Youtuber and every viewer but I feel like this is what happens a lot.

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”