We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

PointlessDelusions: Alfie's busy Deyes Part 7

simplyanna7
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PointlessDelusions: Alfie's busy Deyes Part 7

Post by simplyanna7 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:53 pm

He always ill when he goes away - isn't he confusing it with jet lagged?

cookiesandcream
Talker
Talker

Post by cookiesandcream » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:29 pm

AmenAmen91 wrote:Alfies just tweeting all day about how about ill he is. How many of us have been ill/are ill but get on with life. Don't whinge like him. Poor baby. Kmt.

Also.that tweet when he said who wants to get chicken nuggets I bet if he could he would get one of his minions to deliver nuggets to his bed as he's too fragile.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
The total time he spent tweeting about how pitiful and sick he was could have been put into filming and editing an entire video :roll:

wanderingseoul
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by wanderingseoul » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:18 am

Gabz_is_shite wrote:
wanderingseoul wrote:I hope he doesn't just go home and return back to the old routine, this new Alfie is, dare I say it, actually okay.
I wouldn't go this far either. He's still been a bit of an arse, even though he's being more adventurous. "Oh I'll just get out something from the internet and have a good old laugh at how you yanks pronounce things!", and Zoe can rest assured that she's not the only one who gets ignored by Alfie. Roman is telling him he loves white chocolate in the shop, and Alfie TOTALLY blanks him and just picks up something he's interested in. It's not like he's nervous, he tells Roman he's really comfortable vlogging - so why be in your own selfish bubble when people are talking to you?
You know, I have to admit I agree with you. I don't know if I posted that before I saw his vlog, but him mentioning the whole subscribers thing really made me cringe. Like, he was making it blatantly obvious that the only reason he went to America was to get more subscribers. I felt like even Roman was a little uncomfortable with the way he was overly talking about it? Plus, yes, that American/British word thing really annoyed me too. Its mainly because I've lived abroad for a while and know a few Americans, so the conversation seemed so basic and obvious to me. Anyone who had traveled even for a short time, (like Alfie has done in the past) would know those differences.

dearinternet
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by dearinternet » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:17 am

I know I'm a bit late with this but I really didn't like the shooting range thing. I mean, I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, but his audience are young. Is there not a gun problem right now? Should someone with the power of youtube fame (or any fame of that matter) be showing how much fun they think it is to shoot a gun?

Personally I hate guns. I've actually never seen one in real life and they honestly scare the hell out of me. That's probably due to the fact that I live in a country that prohibits guns but... seriously... there's a time and a place. And a 20 something year old guy showing his young teen fans how cool and fun it is for him to shoot a gun is really not appropriate.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

xoxo_madam
Talker
Talker

Post by xoxo_madam » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:51 am

dearinternet wrote:I know I'm a bit late with this but I really didn't like the shooting range thing. I mean, I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, but his audience are young. Is there not a gun problem right now? Should someone with the power of youtube fame (or any fame of that matter) be showing how much fun they think it is to shoot a gun?

Personally I hate guns. I've actually never seen one in real life and they honestly scare the hell out of me. That's probably due to the fact that I live in a country that prohibits guns but... seriously... there's a time and a place. And a 20 something year old guy showing his young teen fans how cool and fun it is for him to shoot a gun is really not appropriate.

It's pretty unfortunate timing, given the events of the last couple of day, that's for sure.
I haven't watched that vlog, but the thumbnail is terrifying - he looks so manic with his open mouth pose :roll:

Also, the Accent Challenge?! Really, Alfie? This is taking your boring lack of creativity to a whole new level. It is no longer a novelty to see an American and British youtuber in the same room. This "challenge" has been done hundreds of times and is the most boring video ever to exist. I actively avoid all 'Brit vs American' videos, even if they're put up by someone that I like, because they are so mind-numbingly repetitive.

I can't decide whether the "BRIT EATS AMERICAN SWEETS CANDY" or the "ACCENT CHALLENGE" videos are more dull. I will never understand why they get views, or why people keep thinking that they're an interesting or amusing video to make.

JuniperJones
Debater
Debater

Post by JuniperJones » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:48 am

It's good we can rely on Alfie Deyes with his unique and creative content. Good ole Alfie... good ole simple Aflie... good ole simple milquetoast Alfie... good ole simple milquetoast unoriginal Alfie. I hope he does a video of himself doing Zoella's makeup because that's never been done before by any YouTuber. Or he can do some kind of format where the viewers ask him questions and he responds to them. I hope they're about spirit animals!!! Let me stop because I'm just handing over these fresh ideas to Alfie!!

Oooh, what about trying different candy?? I don't think he's done that yet.
When life gives you lemons, give 'em back and say "Fuck you, life!!!"

Jasmine S
Debater
Debater

Post by Jasmine S » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:11 am

The thing is, I would be ok with not so original content if he was charming/funny/entertaining. Back in the old days of jacksgap, I loved watching their q and a's and fan mail videos because they were so cute and entertaining!

jbsayshi
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by jbsayshi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:08 am

Yeah I can't believe he was boasting about his subscriber count going up like that. Like, what is it going to achieve? I won't make even more people subscribe to you. It'll just make people think your a douche who only cares about the numbers. Makes me think he did it to highlight how well his channel is doing to potential companies who might sponsor him?

It's just such a shame that it is obvious that both him and Roman did it to boost their subscribers. Roman probably benefited the most from getting a bunch of 14 year old British girls. Shows how fake youtube really is.

sophie2592
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sophie2592 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:26 pm

I love how much this guy takes the piss out of Alfie. Amazing.

LadyBugB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:48 pm

sophie2592 wrote:

I love how much this guy takes the piss out of Alfie. Amazing.
His face is atrocious. Yikes! These British youtubers are really getting by with being crap all around aren't they.

jadkhistoryday
Learner
Learner

Post by jadkhistoryday » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:11 pm

If you're talking about is adrian then I don't mean to sound prissy bc I understand this is a gossip website but the word 'atrocious' is a bit harsh. Adrian's fresh and original and works very hard to make his videos. Im not even an avid viewer of him but his value as a youtuber shouldnt have anything to do with his looks. It's not really nice when people say mean things about anyones looks- they're not exactly something they can change. But especially about the good youtubers, like, yeah he's not the best looking but there's more to him than that. Not trying to hate on anyone though, obviously you're entitled to your own opinions.

helia
Talker
Talker

Post by helia » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:03 am

I'd take Adrian over Alfie any day.

twitch213
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by twitch213 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:10 am

oh wow he's vlogging him and Zoe watching Christmas films, finally some good content :roll:

dz_grey
Learner
Learner

Post by dz_grey » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:35 am

dearinternet wrote:I know I'm a bit late with this but I really didn't like the shooting range thing. I mean, I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, but his audience are young. Is there not a gun problem right now? Should someone with the power of youtube fame (or any fame of that matter) be showing how much fun they think it is to shoot a gun?

I see what you're saying but he was at a completely controlled and safe zoned shooting range.

LadyBugB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:49 am

jadkhistoryday wrote:If you're talking about is adrian then I don't mean to sound prissy bc I understand this is a gossip website but the word 'atrocious' is a bit harsh. Adrian's fresh and original and works very hard to make his videos. Im not even an avid viewer of him but his value as a youtuber shouldnt have anything to do with his looks. It's not really nice when people say mean things about anyones looks- they're not exactly something they can change. But especially about the good youtubers, like, yeah he's not the best looking but there's more to him than that. Not trying to hate on anyone though, obviously you're entitled to your own opinions.
I wasn't basing his work ethic or accomplishments on his looks I was simply stating that he along with a lot of british youtubers (incl Alfie) are fug. I was totally being shallow is all.

All I know is that he runs with Jack and has done some of Caspar's vids; he does a sub par job but at least he tries. Again, not knocking him for that but when people post vids of him, I click play and am presented with his mug, the first thing that comes to mind is that he is not nice to look at.

jbsayshi
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by jbsayshi » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:39 pm

LadyBugB wrote:
jadkhistoryday wrote:If you're talking about is adrian then I don't mean to sound prissy bc I understand this is a gossip website but the word 'atrocious' is a bit harsh. Adrian's fresh and original and works very hard to make his videos. Im not even an avid viewer of him but his value as a youtuber shouldnt have anything to do with his looks. It's not really nice when people say mean things about anyones looks- they're not exactly something they can change. But especially about the good youtubers, like, yeah he's not the best looking but there's more to him than that. Not trying to hate on anyone though, obviously you're entitled to your own opinions.
I wasn't basing his work ethic or accomplishments on his looks I was simply stating that he along with a lot of british youtubers (incl Alfie) are fug. I was totally being shallow is all.

All I know is that he runs with Jack and has done some of Caspar's vids; he does a sub par job but at least he tries. Again, not knocking him for that but when people post vids of him, I click play and am presented with his mug, the first thing that comes to mind is that he is not nice to look at.

Return to “The British Crew”