We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Dan & Phil Part 49: Peter Phan Syndrome

yupitsme
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 49: Peter Phan Syndrome

Post by yupitsme » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:50 am

missemma wrote: I can't quite make the connection between sailors and January (as that's the page the sailors are from), any takers on that?
Maybe something about sailing into a fresh new year :P ? Idk, i guess there aren't many themed options for January and they probably just wanted an excuse to dress up :D
Also, once again the Itunes interview doesn't seem to work in my country? Does anyone know if it is just available in the US/UK or whether it's just my shitty laptop that's causing trouble?

alittledizzy
Informer
Informer

Post by alittledizzy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:59 am

yupitsme wrote:
missemma wrote: I can't quite make the connection between sailors and January (as that's the page the sailors are from), any takers on that?
Maybe something about sailing into a fresh new year :P ? Idk, i guess there aren't many themed options for January and they probably just wanted an excuse to dress up :D
Also, once again the Itunes interview doesn't seem to work in my country? Does anyone know if it is just available in the US/UK or whether it's just my shitty laptop that's causing trouble?
What level of hell do I skip straight to if I admit that the first thing that popped into my mind reading that is a photo of Dan laying in the snow with Phil about to kiss him? (Obligatory writing in the snow beside them.)

hyliandeity
Debater
Debater

Post by hyliandeity » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:00 pm

Phil's reaction to Dan talking about #dick was quite funny, he seemed vaguely annoyed at it all and answered with only a couple of words with a straight face (???)

But that interview was so good! The lady was very nice and friendly, very similar to the Huffington post one.

missemma
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by missemma » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:08 pm

yupitsme wrote: Maybe something about sailing into a fresh new year :P ? Idk, i guess there aren't many themed options for January and they probably just wanted an excuse to dress up :D
Haha maybe, it's just an odd thing to dress up as.

I haven't been able to watch the iTunes thing yet as it's still downloading and when I try to stream it it just buffers. I want to watch them answer my trolling question again 8-) :love2:
felucca wrote:missemma I'll take you as my lawfully wedded digital wife, I'll keep on licking if you keep on wanking babe.

vsannil
Lurker
Lurker

Post by vsannil » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:34 pm

After all the interviews in the past day, day and a half, I am amazed not only at how their dynamic and chemistry are out of this world, but that they are ever present. There has not been one moment, where they haven't bounced off each other perfectly. It's beautiful to watch.

I just listened to the Itunes thing (on soundcloud, thanks updatedphan) and what stood out most throughout the whole thing was how Dan is absolutely not able to say a sentence without referencing Phil- from including him in all the stories to just plain using "we" where it doesn't even make that much sense to use. ie the question about how they overcome writer's block, which Dan answered by saying (paraphrasing) "watch a series we like, wath a movie we like, read a book we like. I definitely don't mean to use that as #proof, just it's quite interesting how their lives (and brands) have completely merged into one.

I came across a Dan ls clip just yesterday, where he was explaining how Phil and him were two separate creators and entities, and the contrast ist stark between that (2013 I believe) and now. I haven't been deep into the phandom for that long, so the default for me is Dan and Phil and it's strange to look at times where that not only wasn't the case, but their mindsets (particularly Dan's) were completely different. I just hope it was a conscious decision and not just something they fell into and don't know how to get out of.

I find it fascinating to observe that progression and speculate about their reasoning and possible joint future endeavors.

trying to post for the last 30mins ffs

kathrynxjane
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kathrynxjane » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:02 pm

yupitsme wrote:
They just wanted to dress up and live out Dan's sailor suit Haru fantasy!

The Itunes interview doesn't want to work for me either. I downloaded it but it just keeps buffering and not running smoothly. I gave up in the end and am just listening to it through the Soundcloud Updatedphan tweeted out (Only 5 minutes in and nothing really excting yet but I love Caitlin Moran anyway).
I'll try to watch it again tomorrow as it took like an hour to download.

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Has anyone gotten the iTunes interview to work with video?
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

internethangs
Lurker
Lurker

Post by internethangs » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:33 pm

the itunes video works sort of okay for me.. it keeps freezing but I think it's the video itself because it freezes on the exact same spots every time I re-watch it.

Try this link? http://podcasts.apple.com/eaas/uk/autho ... il/ep1.m4v

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:36 pm

^ Yessss, thank you. :love2:
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

niknakool
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by niknakool » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:39 pm

felucca wrote:Has anyone gotten the iTunes interview to work with video?
I have. I had to watch the whole thing through, though, because it wouldn't work if I paused it.

I loved that interview. It was definitely on the same level as the Huffington Post one. They seemed very relaxed in it and seemed to treat it more like a conversation than the ones they've done in America this week.

hyliandeity
Debater
Debater

Post by hyliandeity » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:01 pm

niknakool wrote:
felucca wrote:Has anyone gotten the iTunes interview to work with video?
I have. I had to watch the whole thing through, though, because it wouldn't work if I paused it.

I loved that interview. It was definitely on the same level as the Huffington Post one. They seemed very relaxed in it and seemed to treat it more like a conversation than the ones they've done in America this week.
I also managed to get it to work with video! I'm within the UK so maybe that helped a little I'm not sure how it all works. However it did require some pausing, restarting, pausing again and rewinding until it finally decided to play through in one big sweep. Just keep on trying maybe? I played it on mobile not through iTunes, not sure if that might effect the odds of it working (and my iPhone is only a 4S so not exactly a super fast one either).

I really enjoyed the interview it was a lot of fun! Notable moment I hadn't seen mentioned: Dan reenacting a person who enjoys listening to ASMR (is that the correct acronym), then making some breathy squeaky 'yes' (sex) noises whilst everyone in the audience gasps like he had just scandalised himself on live television [emoji47]

fakelights
Talker
Talker

Post by fakelights » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Could only catch up with everything now, so...

About the HuffPost Live interview: great questions, too much deflecting.

The interview was great, don't get me wrong, but I think they could have given so much more and it was kinda flat. Their reactions to the questions were better than most answers.
Sometimes they are so caught up in keeping their 'relatableness' and distancing their personal lives from everything that even the most mundane questions get no decent response. I see this mainly on Dan. He tries to deflect everything by talking big and going around the same topics. It's a big waffle, really... But it works for him and he is a really good seller. The way he talks about the book and the tour makes you want to own/experience it. So yeah...

I think Phil came off as more genuine here (and in most of the other interviews too). Or maybe was just his lack of interrupting at any moment that gave me this impression, who knows! And like other people said, great thing he was actually trying to talk here, he definitely needs to make himself more present.
And about them being their real selves and/or doing things only for the camera, I'm too with the opinion that they are really like that. But that's only a part of their personalities and experiences in life. I'm for sure I'm not somebody who goes around showing everything about me, why would they be?! I think it's important for them to separate their personal to their professional life (even though I said they distance themselves too much from their personal lives before, I respect that).

The radio interviews... oh well! Them being asked if they were married was funny, but that's about it lol

iTunes interview:
First, I had to download it. Thanks iTunes for being shit.
Loooved it! This is my favorite one from the last few weeks for sure. They both came off really well and seemed confortable (and they had an audience in front of them!) answering everything. I don't even know anything to point out, liked everything.
(and woho missemma! saw your question ;) ) The interviewer did a great job and made the mood in the room be really positive. :tu:

trashqueen
Learner
Learner

Post by trashqueen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:48 pm

you can tell gg is kicking everyone out when the d&p thread says that there are 'no registered users' online

ok so i watched the iTunes thing, took me like a decade to get it to load, thought it was my wifi but apparently it wasn't, it was good but imo the huffpost one was way better simply because the interviewer asked more interesting questions, and yeah they deflected most of them but i still felt like i learned more about them watching it, this one was simply entertaining

i find the deflecting very interesting because it almost exclusively happens when they are asked about their relationship (be it romantic or platonic, that's not relevant), which is funny and ironic because i feel like they really do share a lot about themselves online, but the one thing they decide not to share (or share a very 'staged' and edited version of) is the one thing most people subscribe to them for (lbr i love them both but they are way more entertaining together)

also the rehearsed answers are starting to drive me crazy if i have to listen to them say one more time that they wrote the book in case the internet is deleted or the world ends i might throw my phone across the room

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:06 pm

The fact that Phil look similar to BenCum scares me if he ever put on drag makeup :o how could they made a beautiful man into this :( Its a blasphemy! I'm pretty sure they could made him up drop dead gorgeous. This is when a fringe is a good choice :lol:
avatar from phantheraglama & signature from amazingfiru

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”