Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

SaucyCosplays

SaucyCosplays

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:40 pm

There has been a lot of buzz around this forum about this girl. Since she has a non-guru channel and she is frequently talked about in other threads, (ehem) anything about her cosplay / channel / or whatever's related to her can go here, I guess.

(I checked and there was no thread of her yet I guess.)

Re: SaucyCosplays

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:25 pm

I am interested to see what she has to offer with her cosplays :). I would like to see her break from being just known as "his ex".

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:34 pm

Jess has some content in the works right now! She's almost done but we can expect some travel vlogs when she's up and running!

I know I'm harsh to her but I'm truly excited to see what our girl can do.

I don't want us speaking of him here. I want this to be critism on her work. Suggestions and ways she can mold herself to be better!!

We're rooting for you jess!!Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:39 pm

Gorillaz1236 wrote:Jess has some content in the works right now! She's almost done but we can expect some travel vlogs when she's up and running!

I know I'm harsh to her but I'm truly excited to see what our girl can do.

I don't want us speaking of him here. I want this to be critism on her work. Suggestions and ways she can mold herself to be better!!

We're rooting for you jess!!Image

I saw what she said about her vlog! Can't wait to see it.

And that's why I put no names. Making sure that it's strictly about her work :)

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Yes! I do think she's really good in cosplay, and although I'm not too technical with cosplay details with fabric types, etc. i think it's nice that her cosplay is about creating costumes and not the "sexy revealing" cosplay I've been seeing a lot in other female cosplayers (ehem)

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:14 pm

So her new ASMR video...

I think that she could be a good ASMRer. However, for the love of god, don't bring up politics during your ASMR video. People watch these to relax, not to hear about what you think of American and Japanese imperialism. :roll:

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:36 pm

I was reading in the MR thread that she was gonna be a weaboo channel? Did she really say that? because a weaboo is not something to be proud of since she is so vocal on cultural appropriation and other social issues (by reblogging them) doesn't that kinda seem side eye worthy lol I could see thisisnotjapan rolling their eyes at this. I had no idea what asmrer's are so this is a totally new thing for me to learn about. none of the triggers work for me though and I just found all the whispery voice as a sign of nervousness and the nail tapping and breathing thing just...I don't know lol It's new for me. I want to root for her but I prefer the travel vlogs than 54minutes of nail tapping and whispers :?

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:02 pm

Personally I've seen worse cosplay BUT I've seen better and when I say that I mean I really don't think she could make a living from it so I hope she has something to fall back on. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's just my opinion.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:10 pm

TheFormerLurker wrote:Personally I've seen worse cosplay BUT I've seen better and when I say that I mean I really don't think she could make a living from it so I hope she has something to fall back on. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's just my opinion.

I hope she does well with her cosplay BUT I also hope that she doesn't expect for it to blow up so soon. Anything could happen but I agree, it would be a safer move to have something to fall back on.
excuse my word vomit

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:22 pm

TizMe wrote:
TheFormerLurker wrote:Personally I've seen worse cosplay BUT I've seen better and when I say that I mean I really don't think she could make a living from it so I hope she has something to fall back on. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's just my opinion.

I hope she does well with her cosplay BUT I also hope that she doesn't expect for it to blow up so soon. Anything could happen but I agree, it would be a safer move to have something to fall back on.
excuse my word vomit

I agree and it wouldn't blow up so soon. Cosplaying is a very tough thing to make a living off unless you are very good at it. I've never tried it but I imagine it's one of those things where it doesn't seem so bad but is A LOT harder than a lot of people think.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm

I haven't watched it yet butno don't think a video of unboxing for almost an hour was a good idea.

I think she should I have talked about her travels and give some clips and even introduce Nicole!
And she should have showed her fashions. And saved the box for last, since she went to the Expo and Con last.

But it's her first video! Let's have faith in her!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Gorillaz1236 wrote:I haven't watched it yet butno don't think a video of unboxing for almost an hour was a good idea.

I think she should I have talked about her travels and give some clips and even introduce Nicole!
And she should have showed her fashions. And saved the box for last, since she went to the Expo and Con last.

But it's her first video! Let's have faith in her!

Agreed. For a first video you should keep it short and sweet but not too short though just so it grabs people's attention but doesn't bore them because a lot of people really don't want to sit through a long video especially one about unboxing because that can easily turn it into a Youtube version of watching paint dry heehee :D

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:06 pm

Romantica wrote:Personally, I think it's a very dangerous move for her to try to make a living off of cosplay.
It's not impossible, and I admire the idea of doing what you love as a career but like TheFormerLurker said, it's something that's incredibly difficult to do.

I thought it was a bit overly optimistic of her to say she was going to attempt to do it full time too, at least right now. I think she should see how things play out for a little while first before deciding to rely on cosplay and etsy for a living. Becoming successful with these things takes a lot of time and she's only just starting. She is free to dream big and I don't discourage her for having these aspirations, but a smidge of reality is also important to get anywhere. She has promise with her cosplay but so do a lot of other people with many being at it longer than she has. I just hope she doesn't have it in her head that she's going to take off within a year. I mean she hasn't even had enough time to show any of her cosplay on her channel yet but she's already talking about this being her career path? Good luck to her but I hope she plays this smart.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:55 pm

Agree with you guys here. She's just starting out but she might be rushing a bit on going full-time on cosplay...

Back here I can name two cosplayers who made it really big in the relatively small cosplay scene: Liui Aquino (known for his Hiccup & Tadashi cosplays among others) and Alodia Gosiengfiao (the most mentioned name here when one thinks of "cosplay"). And I only knew those two because they made it really big are technically veterans as of now. They started earlier than Jess, and I dunno if they have merchandise businesses like the other cosplayers mentioned. But word of mouth (but mostly the Internet) and hard work got them where they are, and it took them years.

As for her latest video, that fidgeting around the box with those French tips do not go well with ASMR. Her voice may be trying to calm the viewer down, but the squeaks and tapping will send his/her nerves in another direction. And also, 54 minutes with inclusion of political commentary could be cut down with some simple editing.

[On a semi related note what did she exactly say about Japan and America in this video? Didn't watch past 5 minutes since the box tapping bothered me...]

Hope she takes that criticism because she's "all ears" for that. (Her words, not mine.)

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Oh boy, my very own thread^^;

Everyone here is being very respectful so I've decided to engage, where better to find criticism? Let me be clear though, I am here about my own works, not my personal life.

First and for most, thank you for the concern on "making a living" off of cosplaying. What you've seen is only the tip of the iceberg of what I have planned, I know this will not be easy, I've spend months and months and months just planning out a lot a number of things that will be slow to start, hoping that in the beginning stages, the combined efforts will be enough until one thing or another really starts to gain traction. Quite frankly, I purposely dove into the deep end. I needed to make some changes in my life and I made a bold move. I am forcing myself to sink or swim and trust me, I am beyond aware of my dwindling resources with every day that passes. This is something I love, I had a job in costuming out in LA fall through and yes, a certain friend of mine was a huge driving force encouraging me to pursue it anyway and that's what I'm doing. You never know unless you try! And that's what I'm doing. And yes, I have a back up plan ;)

Second, I'm surprised how many people who seem to dislike me would sit through an hour of me nervously babbling about anime! ASMR probably does seem pretty frickin' weird to someone who doesn't experience it, especially considering the way we trigger it sometimes! Above all else, these are ASMR videos, I just believed the sounds of boxes and packages and the flow/focus of putting figurines together would all play to those triggers quite nicely. The unboxing is secondary. All things considered, an hour to unbox two figures slowly and meticulously does sound silly if that's all you think the video is supposed to be, this series will not be for you and that's okay! If you're genuinely interested in me, I have plenty more content planned that will not be ASMR related.

@Dragonmax, I am really sorry tapping doesn't do it for you, it's one of my favorite triggers! I am aware that some triggers are other people's nightmares. But that's a choice many ASMRtists have to make. Some people do a wide range of videos with all different triggers and cover all their bases, and some people specialize. Unfortunately, at least with the way this particular set up is, I will be specializing in tapping/scratching/crinkling. If the ball gets rolling and there's enough demand, I definitely could work in role-plays and soundscape videos! I think it's best to focus on what I've been working on right now, and follow the demand from there^^

As far as the politics go, I do apologize. the focus of that comment was not the actual past conflict/current issues, it was just a piece of trivia about the series I failed to notice. The point was it was something I should have been able to pick up on because I do have a fair amount of knowledge on the subject. I never intended to agree or disagree with one view over another, I gave a vague overview of the symbolism and left it to the viewer to research if they wished, but looking back I can see how casually mentioning something like that could be taken as it was.

And for the record, I call myself weeb 100% ironically. When I was 12/13 I was a full blown otaku and would embarrass the hell out of my current self but I grew up. I love anime, I appreciate the culture, I took classes on the language and culture in college, and when I see a half jersey that says waifu on it, I'm like, "that is absolutely ridiculous. I'm going to spend real money on it." You will never see me in kimonos, you will never see me doing Harajuku fashion tutorials, you may see me incorporating purposely butchered japanese words into my sentences in jest, not because I think I'm sugoi for doing so ;)

Lastly, I don't really want to talk about my friend here either, but it has been heavily implied that I find joy/profit from the constant buzz that surrounds us, you couldn't be farther from the truth. There are aspects that amuse me yes, but overall it's exhausting and demoralizing. Mainly because there's nothing I can do about it. I will always be followed by the rumors. I don't want to be known as anybodies anything, I am 100% focused on my projects. I don't really know what anyone would have me do. My inflated numbers are thanks to other's actions, not my own. And they only affect my personal accounts. My YouTube and my cosplay twitter only have 96 subs and 167 followers respectively. I am not seeing any success by association. I am well aware how many eyes are on me for curiosities sake, they don't translate to support.

I hope that clears some things up! I really do take true criticism to heart. I am a human, I have and will make mistakes, we all do. I'm someone who believes you are never done growing as a person, you should always be trying to better yourself, and I really do want to give this my best shot.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:27 pm

SaucyCosplays wrote:Oh boy, my very own thread^^;

Everyone here is being very respectful so I've decided to engage, where better to find criticism? Let me be clear though, I am here about my own works, not my personal life.

First and for most, thank you for the concern on "making a living" off of cosplaying. What you've seen is only the tip of the iceberg of what I have planned, I know this will not be easy, I've spend months and months and months just planning out a lot a number of things that will be slow to start, hoping that in the beginning stages, the combined efforts will be enough until one thing or another really starts to gain traction. Quite frankly, I purposely dove into the deep end. I needed to make some changes in my life and I made a bold move. I am forcing myself to sink or swim and trust me, I am beyond aware of my dwindling resources with every day that passes. This is something I love, I had a job in costuming out in LA fall through and yes, a certain friend of mine was a huge driving force encouraging me to pursue it anyway and that's what I'm doing. You never know unless you try! And that's what I'm doing. And yes, I have a back up plan ;)

Second, I'm surprised how many people who seem to dislike me would sit through an hour of me nervously babbling about anime! ASMR probably does seem pretty frickin' weird to someone who doesn't experience it, especially considering the way we trigger it sometimes! Above all else, these are ASMR videos, I just believed the sounds of boxes and packages and the flow/focus of putting figurines together would all play to those triggers quite nicely. The unboxing is secondary. All things considered, an hour to unbox two figures slowly and meticulously does sound silly if that's all you think the video is supposed to be, this series will not be for you and that's okay! If you're genuinely interested in me, I have plenty more content planned that will not be ASMR related.

@Dragonmax, I am really sorry tapping doesn't do it for you, it's one of my favorite triggers! I am aware that some triggers are other people's nightmares. But that's a choice many ASMRtists have to make. Some people do a wide range of videos with all different triggers and cover all their bases, and some people specialize. Unfortunately, at least with the way this particular set up is, I will be specializing in tapping/scratching/crinkling. If the ball gets rolling and there's enough demand, I definitely could work in role-plays and soundscape videos! I think it's best to focus on what I've been working on right now, and follow the demand from there^^

As far as the politics go, I do apologize. the focus of that comment was not the actual past conflict/current issues, it was just a piece of trivia about the series I failed to notice. The point was it was something I should have been able to pick up on because I do have a fair amount of knowledge on the subject. I never intended to agree or disagree with one view over another, I gave a vague overview of the symbolism and left it to the viewer to research if they wished, but looking back I can see how casually mentioning something like that could be taken as it was.

And for the record, I call myself weeb 100% ironically. When I was 12/13 I was a full blown otaku and would embarrass the hell out of my current self but I grew up. I love anime, I appreciate the culture, I took classes on the language and culture in college, and when I see a half jersey that says waifu on it, I'm like, "that is absolutely ridiculous. I'm going to spend real money on it." You will never see me in kimonos, you will never see me doing Harajuku fashion tutorials, you may see me incorporating purposely butchered japanese words into my sentences in jest, not because I think I'm sugoi for doing so ;)

Lastly, I don't really want to talk about my friend here either, but it has been heavily implied that I find joy/profit from the constant buzz that surrounds us, you couldn't be farther from the truth. There are aspects that amuse me yes, but overall it's exhausting and demoralizing. Mainly because there's nothing I can do about it. I will always be followed by the rumors. I don't want to be known as anybodies anything, I am 100% focused on my projects. I don't really know what anyone would have me do. My inflated numbers are thanks to other's actions, not my own. And they only affect my personal accounts. My YouTube and my cosplay twitter only have 96 subs and 167 followers respectively. I am not seeing any success by association. I am well aware how many eyes are on me for curiosities sake, they don't translate to support.

I hope that clears some things up! I really do take true criticism to heart. I am a human, I have and will make mistakes, we all do. I'm someone who believes you are never done growing as a person, you should always be trying to better yourself, and I really do want to give this my best shot.

Welcome! I'm the one who touched on the weebo thing but I'm not japanese so it's not my place to say if your explanation is ok or not. I'm a woc though so when people do things even ironically it might translate differently to that group. So I just say be careful!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Welcome to your thread jess! I was wondering if you would actually come here or not, but it is your thread so why not? Though yes, pretty much all of us here have our "thoughts" on the other thread, we're the few that actually care to see you be your own person. And I appreciate that you acknowledge these rumors will haunt you, but that is the price you choose to pay so as long as you accept that then okay. I too am not all that into asmr so I have nothing of great value to say about your video. Well, if you're gonna do an unboxing that's extremely long you should include either multiple items, or choose a group of items from the same theme. Hope that makes sense? Best of luck to you. Being an artist is hard, especially when there's no real industry for your particular interest.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:48 pm

SaucyCosplays wrote:... This is something I love,... You never know unless you try! And that's what I'm doing. And yes, I have a back up plan ;)

... Above all else, these are ASMR videos, I just believed the sounds of boxes and packages and the flow/focus of putting figurines together would all play to those triggers quite nicely. The unboxing is secondary. All things considered, an hour to unbox two figures slowly and meticulously does sound silly if that's all you think the video is supposed to be, this series will not be for you and that's okay...

@Dragonmax, I am really sorry tapping doesn't do it for you, it's one of my favorite triggers! I am aware that some triggers are other people's nightmares. ...I will be specializing in tapping/scratching/crinkling...

... I don't want to be known as anybodies anything, I am 100% focused on my projects. I don't really know what anyone would have me do. My inflated numbers are thanks to other's actions, not my own. And they only affect my personal accounts. My YouTube and my cosplay twitter only have 96 subs and 167 followers respectively. I am not seeing any success by association...

I hope that clears some things up!

Hi Jess!

Thanks for actually clearing things up.

It's good that you're following your passion and it's great that you have a back up plan. We thought this was an impulse move on your behalf, but maybe not that sudden if you actually have something to fall on.

And the tapping with long nails is more of a distraction than a trigger for me. For a calm video, the taps stood out. But I guess that's just me.

(There's nothing wrong with being interested in Asian culture, really... Source: Asian girl.)

I bolded out what you said because I feel the same. You are your own person. You got your own username, identity, interests... You do you.

Ok sorry I'm quite out of what to say, haha.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:55 pm

mariokatty96 wrote:

Welcome! I'm the one who touched on the weebo thing but I'm not japanese so it's not my place to say if your explanation is ok or not. I'm a woc though so when people do things even ironically it might translate differently to that group. So I just say be careful!

I completely understand that! I typically don't say things that people may not realize are ironic outside of close friend groups and definitely not in public, but I guess it's a little different since weeaboo has been sort of reclaimed? Don't get me wrong it's still an insult, but even ironically it's still an insult, typically in a self-depricating manner. I think it's the anime fan version of the current trend that it's hip and cool to call yourself trash. No one says it positively, even towards themselves. I think the main difference there would also be the face that a lot of cultural appropriation/fetishization in the west is taken as such an offense because of the struggles that group has had to endure in our country. When anime obsession is taken to an extreme, it's seen as shameful in both our culture and theirs. Otaku is an insult in Japan whereas it's worn pridefully stateside by people who don't understand it's full context. Of course, otaku doesn't cover the fetishization aspect that weeabo implies, but I still think it's a point worth noting.

foxymoxxy wrote:Welcome to your thread jess! I was wondering if you would actually come here or not, but it is your thread so why not? Though yes, pretty much all of us here have our "thoughts" on the other thread, we're the few that actually care to see you be your own person. And I appreciate that you acknowledge these rumors will haunt you, but that is the price you choose to pay so as long as you accept that then okay. I too am not all that into asmr so I have nothing of great value to say about your video. Well, if you're gonna do an unboxing that's extremely long you should include either multiple items, or choose a group of items from the same theme. Hope that makes sense? Best of luck to you. Being an artist is hard, especially when there's no real industry for your particular interest.

I actually did open two items, they are two versions of the same character though so if you skimmed the video, that probably wasn't very clear! I have also done a few episodes that are in queue, the 1/8 scale figures take significantly less time than the nendoroids. The length had more to do with the amount of parts and assembly than me purposely dragging it out! ASMR videos tend to be lengthy, shortest typically being around 15 minutes, and I've watched some upwards of 2-3 hours. I don't plan on ever going more than an hour. One of the key goals of an ASMR video is typically to get the viewer to fall asleep, it's probably the only genre on youtube where it's the longer the better! For every other type of video, especially without an established fan base, an hour usually is a death sentence for minutes watched as people will tune out, so I totally get the concern! But the people tuning out from this video don't seem to be my target audience so I'm not too worried.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:16 pm

I know I'm late to this party but Jess, welcome!

Here is your very own place. We will offer you advice, good critism and tips!

We don't hate you at all!! We just try not to sugar coat so you can get the best critism. We want to see you do good and get yourself rolling and moving to your career goals.

So, don't feel threatened for us because we are very strict on keeping things on topic.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:20 pm

SaucyCosplays wrote:
mariokatty96 wrote:

I completely understand that! I typically don't say things that people may not realize are ironic outside of close friend groups and definitely not in public, but I guess it's a little different since weeaboo has been sort of reclaimed? Don't get me wrong it's still an insult, but even ironically it's still an insult, typically in a self-depricating manner. I think it's the anime fan version of the current trend that it's hip and cool to call yourself trash. No one says it positively, even towards themselves. I think the main difference there would also be the face that a lot of cultural appropriation/fetishization in the west is taken as such an offense because of the struggles that group has had to endure in our country. When anime obsession is taken to an extreme, it's seen as shameful in both our culture and theirs. Otaku is an insult in Japan whereas it's worn pridefully stateside by people who don't understand it's full context. Of course, otaku doesn't cover the fetishization aspect that weeabo implies, but I still think it's a point worth noting.

foxymoxxy wrote:Welcome to your thread jess! I was wondering if you would actually come here or not, but it is your thread so why not? Though yes, pretty much all of us here have our "thoughts" on the other thread, we're the few that actually care to see you be your own person. And I appreciate that you acknowledge these rumors will haunt you, but that is the price you choose to pay so as long as you accept that then okay. I too am not all that into asmr so I have nothing of great value to say about your video. Well, if you're gonna do an unboxing that's extremely long you should include either multiple items, or choose a group of items from the same theme. Hope that makes sense? Best of luck to you. Being an artist is hard, especially when there's no real industry for your particular interest.

I actually did open two items, they are two versions of the same character though so if you skimmed the video, that probably wasn't very clear! I have also done a few episodes that are in queue, the 1/8 scale figures take significantly less time than the nendoroids. The length had more to do with the amount of parts and assembly than me purposely dragging it out! ASMR videos tend to be lengthy, shortest typically being around 15 minutes, and I've watched some upwards of 2-3 hours. I don't plan on ever going more than an hour. One of the key goals of an ASMR video is typically to get the viewer to fall asleep, it's probably the only genre on youtube where it's the longer the better! For every other type of video, especially without an established fan base, an hour usually is a death sentence for minutes watched as people will tune out, so I totally get the concern! But the people tuning out from this video don't seem to be my target audience so I'm not too worried.

Thanks for that clear up on the ASMR. But no worries! Build up to your target audience.

Your fashion is very good. I follow you on Instagram and I loved your outing outfits. When you get rolling, how about something on a little mainstream fashion with a Korean or Japanese twist.

I'm a dweller in that world so im pretty anxious!!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:40 pm

Gorillaz1236 wrote:Thanks for that clear up on the ASMR. But no worries! Build up to your target audience.

Your fashion is very good. I follow you on Instagram and I loved your outing outfits. When you get rolling, how about something on a little mainstream fashion with a Korean or Japanese twist.

Thank you!

If people want me to, that'd definitely be easy for me to do, but I guess I was trying to avoid making a carbon copy of beauty guru style cosplay channel? The YT market is over saturated in all fields, grass roots doesn't cut it anymore, you've got to stand out and there's a lot of pressure to be uniquely un-unique. That's also why I want to avoid traditional vlogging, I want to put my own twist, my own take on the staples to a channel like this, if that makes sense? I'm not above doing any sort of content if that's what people want! If that sounds arrogant or like I'm shitting on other channels, that's not my intention! I watch a lot of them myself actually, I just figured people want to see something new brought to the table, and that's what I'm trying to do, but there's never any guarantees. I've put a lot of thought into my content. What can I do differently?

I do plan on having a traditional one on one talking to the camera vlog for con hauls, but I really do have a confidence issue alone in front of cameras haha. Even though I have a lot of training in News anchoring and radio voice over work. It's always easier to read someone else's script though. It's definitely something I know I need to get over and I'm working on it. That's one of the reasons the post con vlog hasn't gone up. I've been busy but I also haven't worked up the courage to film the haul :?

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:53 pm

SaucyCosplays wrote:
Gorillaz1236 wrote:Thanks for that clear up on the ASMR. But no worries! Build up to your target audience.

Thank you!

If people want me to, that'd definitely be easy for me to do, but I guess I was trying to avoid making a carbon copy of beauty guru style cosplay channel? The YT market is over saturated in all fields, grass roots doesn't cut it anymore, you've got to stand out and there's a lot of pressure to be uniquely un-unique. That's also why I want to avoid traditional vlogging, I want to put my own twist, my own take on the staples to a channel like this, if that makes sense? I'm not above doing any sort of content if that's what people want! If that sounds arrogant or like I'm shitting on other channels, that's not my intention! I watch a lot of them myself actually, I just figured people want to see something new brought to the table, and that's what I'm trying to do, but there's never any guarantees. I've put a lot of thought into my content. What can I do differently?

I do plan on having a traditional one on one talking to the camera vlog for con hauls, but I really do have a confidence issue alone in front of cameras haha. Even though I have a lot of training in News anchoring and radio voice over work. It's always easier to read someone else's script though. It's definitely something I know I need to get over and I'm working on it. That's one of the reasons the post con vlog hasn't gone up. I've been busy but I also haven't worked up the courage to film the haul :?

I hope you do put it up! I'd like to see the post con haul

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:54 pm

SaucyCosplays wrote:

Thank you!

You're not wrong in what you say. It's a competition and youtube is growing daily with new channels. Sometimes you do have to ride on coat tails or pull a Brittany Spears (though I feel you're higher than that)

We have yet to see your main stuff, so we'll leave what you can do that's different on the back burner until then.

But, from the cons you've went to, I feel you have to gather as much inspiration from others while adding your personal touch.
In your cosplays, direct copy cat is good but adding a twist is what makes it fun.
Like your Yoko bunny and those Victorian Sailor Moons.

Do a character you feel you can make their style malleable. Change a costume. I know this is easier said than done but a challenge is a challenge.

I have a newtype magazine with Cosplayers in it. I'll reread their advice and see if you can benifit from it.

Try working up your courage. Being a youtuber is about shoot and miss. If no one likes it, screw it. We know what not to do next time.
You take criticism very well, so I feel that while not deluding your content, try new things.

Don't be afraid. Be brave. If it doesn't work. Move on and try something new.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:12 pm

A thing I've done for video projects in the past is type out a script or bullets of main points, record my voice reading it, and lay it over film of me and or the main subject. Just be a character or do silly dramatic gestures with your hands. I'm terrible at talking to a camera without a script too so this vlog technique had worked for me and it's more fun imo! And don't be afraid to use conventional or even "overused" editing techniques like the jump cut if you really want to. Who cares if a million people have used the same technique, if you wanna use it then do it! You'll find what works and what doesn't when you go back and watch your videos.

Return to ā€œN-Zā€