Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

Rebecca Black

Rebecca Black

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:56 pm

I didn't see a thread about her, but does anyone watch her channel? Didn't really know she became a youtuber until I kept seeing her in other ppl's vlogs. Isn't she a little young to be hanging out with some of these ppl?

Re: Rebecca Black

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:44 pm

I was listening to Shane's podcast and he just had the O2L guys on who pretty much said she's a wild child.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:06 pm

Well, her best friend is Alexa sooooooo yeah. She's a wild child. Smoking weed, drinking, partying.
I don't like the two of them.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:49 pm

She's what 16? I don't get why her parents would let her hang out with 19/20 year olds.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Her parents are obviously stage parents so I doubt they care as long as she's making connections and gaining relevancy no matter the cost.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:24 pm

I've met her, and she's super sweet and easy to talk to. I had no clue Sam Pottorff and her had dated until the podcast!

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:09 am

I don't watch her channel, but whenever she shows up in a collab with someone I'm subscribed to I watch it. She comes off as really fun and adorable!

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:30 am

im sure the 20 year olds hang out with her because she's "internet famous" and can gain them more subbies/attention

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:13 am

What do you think about her and her "best friend" Alexa Losey? At times it seems genuine, but others, not so much.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:02 pm

I don't know about this Alexa girl. I can't really comment on her too much since I haven't watched her, but she seems really immature. Again, why is Rebecca hanging with these much older ppl? Better yet, why are they hanging with her? Alexa will be 20 next month (born 1993) which makes it a little lame that she calls an almost recently turned 16 yr old (born 1997) her best friend. The only guess I can come up with is that they are purposely trying to turn Rebecca out. It's like when you try to get your 6 yr old sibling to curse because there's just something about corrupting young ppl that is so amusing.

Youtubers seem like such a weird bunch.

On another note, I checked out a few of her videos. Her singing has gotten better since her "Friday" days, but she's still pretty mediocre and unoriginal. Don't really see her having a music career, but she might have a decent chance at sitcom.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:27 pm

I love how she ditched the whole singing thing and wants to be a full time Youtuber now.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:09 pm

tiara107 wrote:I don't know about this Alexa girl. I can't really comment on her too much since I haven't watched her, but she seems really immature. Again, why is Rebecca hanging with these much older ppl? Better yet, why are they hanging with her? Alexa will be 20 next month (born 1993) which makes it a little lame that she calls an almost recently turned 16 yr old (born 1997) her best friend. The only guess I can come up with is that they are purposely trying to turn Rebecca out. It's like when you try to get your 6 yr old sibling to curse because there's just something about corrupting young ppl that is so amusing.

Alexa is only 18 her imdb is wrong.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:26 pm

I watched loads of her videos today and she actually seems quite funny and nice.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:11 pm

@miserlou I think she's funny too which is why I think she has a decent chance at tv.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:47 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVCzdpagXOQ[/youtube]
Oh my lord.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:59 pm

Am I the only one who absolutely loves it?
I love when people spoof/make fun of themselves.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:01 pm

I thought it was cute also and definitely sounded better than Friday. It is catchy.
I just think the whole "day after party/hungover" theme isn't the best fit for someone that just turned 16.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:07 pm

It doesn't bother me at all. Something I've gotten used to seeing in this generation. But I'm really surprised Alexa wasn't in it. You'd think she'd be in all the scenes.

Also, why is everyone getting butthurt over the black guy getting arrested at the end? Do they not understand that he's supposed to be the guy who produced Friday and was the rapper in the video/song? lol Literally my favorite part of the vid.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:55 pm

I think that was funny. She clearly made fun of herself and other things :D She knows what reputation Friday has and I think she agrees with that :D
But I also find that that video and lyrics were little bit awkward for 16 year old.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Busy Beeing Useless wrote:
clandestine wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVCzdpagXOQ[/youtube]
Oh my lord.

A few observations:

2. Quote from the song: "Yesterday was Friday, today it's Saturday..." NO SHIT SHERLOCK! How lame!!!

5. WTF is up with the dude and the cop in the end? Totally unnecessary and it could be seen as stereotypical by some.

...those are both huge rips on her Friday video.

I loved it. But I love Rebecca Black.
I do agree it's kind of eye rolling to have a song about partying too hard... at 16.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Teens are acting like adults these days…

It's annoying, frankly.

It's not like they've got all the positive traits of adulthood, like responsibility and experience… they've only got the "I GET TO DRINK A LOT" and other types of traits that may be okay for adults but are only negative for teens.

Anyway, the only part I didn't like about the video was the Miley Cyrus-esque cameo, that was lame. The rest of it was fine… at least it wasn't a bunch of overly sexualized tripe. I'm glad familiar (attention ho) faces like Alexa Losey were nowhere to be found in it. That surprised me… you know she must have wanted to be in the video.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:57 am

@sweetpeam I think her and Alexa had a fall out or something because Rebecca tweeted something like "I miss my best friend" and Alexa replied "Me too" and Rebecca tweeted her back ":\". So I don't know if they were talking at the time.

I really like Rebecca and I think the song was really funny, it's just a shame that the majority of people that are watching it probably wont understand that she's taking the piss out of Friday and herself.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:05 am

miserlou wrote:@sweetpeam I think her and Alexa had a fall out or something because Rebecca tweeted something like "I miss my best friend" and Alexa replied "Me too" and Rebecca tweeted her back ":\". So I don't know if they were talking at the time.

I really like Rebecca and I think the song was really funny, it's just a shame that the majority of people that are watching it probably wont understand that she's taking the piss out of Friday and herself.

Ahh thanks! I've never liked Alexa and I don't keep up with them as much so I was clueless lol

And for some reason, it really pisses me off how everyone thinks she is serious about it. Like are people really that dumb? But I guess that's the internet for ya. Girl should have put "parody" instead "music video" in the title.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:18 am

The song was ok but why always songs about what day it is? Why is someone that young boozing it up with strangers and waking up in a haze not knowing where she is anyway? Good way to get raped.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:44 am

They are definitely not talking. Alexa hasn't mentioned anything about Rebecca's new song in any of her social networks. I wonder why they had a fallout

Return to “N-Z”