Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

Nash Grier

Nash Grier

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Hello, everyone. I really hope this thread hasn't been made before. I searched the site and no results came up. If it has been, a mod can take this down. :)

Nash Grier, a YouTuber, made this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBkGqmqhqqI (Sorry, I don't know how to embed... I'm new here.) He deleted the video after two days because controversy arose, but luckily someone was able to get it before. This kid has over 500k+ young followers (most of who are girls) and in this video they basically told girls what we has to do to be attractive. As a woman, I am so offended by this video. Once you watch, you will understand why. I would explain all of my opinions, but I feel like other YouTubers have already done it.

After you have watched that video, watch these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj6ydkMSGZs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnGtpKQBl8k

Oh, and by the way, this douche has a little sister.

Re: Nash Grier

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:40 pm

the video was offensive, lost all respect for the guy. he's a tool. I saw this tweet on tumblr and I laughed out loud for a solid minute

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:09 pm

I agree with all of the above and LOL at the tweet

and ughh...I knew creating a thread for him would come eventually. I've discussed this before but I think the Vine guys trying to do YouTube is a massive fail. They should just stick to their 6 second videos lol. I feel like the large amount of attention is just going to their heads (not completely their fault, but hey). Another GG member said it best "You don't even go here!"

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:33 pm

This guy is a talentless prick

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:04 am

Are there any Spark Notes on this?? I couldn't get past the first 30 seconds of the video.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:13 am

Oh wow I was actually wondering if someone might create a thread on this guy!

I watched the video before it was removed, (what the fuck?! telling ladies to shave because hair is weird, have to be petite, don't play too easy to get bc you would appear like a whore, don't wear lipstick...)
This guy has a young impressionable fan base of girls. The entire video is extremly hypocritical with the ending of be yourself but match my standards.

I might offend someone but honestly I don't think the popular vine guys really possess any real talent. Most of them are getting way too ahead of themselves.

Also I have seen people on the Internet claim they know him or interacted with him in real life and say he's a massive douchebag. Apparently he goes to a private school.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:40 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AtEKfNEo-M[/youtube]
This response is hilarious. Literally had to hold my chest while hyper-cackling with tears in my eyes. Lamarr actually commented on Nash's channel about this; I'll try to find the picture.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:47 am

And the Hank Green comment that Lamarr mentioned:

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:58 am

nupersatural wrote:Hello, everyone. I really hope this thread hasn't been made before. I searched the site and no results came up. If it has been, a mod can take this down. :)

Nash Grier, a YouTuber, made this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBkGqmqhqqI (Sorry, I don't know how to embed... I'm new here.) He deleted the video after two days because controversy arose, but luckily someone was able to get it before. This kid has over 500k+ young followers (most of who are girls) and in this video they basically told girls what we has to do to be attractive. As a woman, I am so offended by this video. Once you watch, you will understand why. I would explain all of my opinions, but I feel like other YouTubers have already done it.

After you have watched that video, watch these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj6ydkMSGZs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnGtpKQBl8k

Oh, and by the way, this douche has a little sister.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj6ydkMSGZs[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnGtpKQBl8k[/youtube]
Cliff note videos. In order to imbed:
Remove the "s" from "https" in the beginning of the URL, and remove all characters after the ampersand [&] at the end. Then, type "[youtube]" before the URL & "[/youtube]" after, or, just click the "youtube" option in the toolbar, then paste and edit the link inside of it. Preview before posting, as you only have about 5 minutes after creating a post to edit or delete it. ^___^

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:19 am

Connor reblogged this on his Tumblr.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSHnnPunShg[/youtube]

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:49 am

I would pay a LOT of money to see this piece of shit knocked out with 1 punch

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:16 pm

They're all dicks to be honest. I mean the whole video is just gross, I mean the vast majority of their viewers are pre-teen and teenage girls, who I would say are probably the most insecure group of people as it is. They idolise these guys, I mean you only have to look at these guys twitter mentions to see that. The whole message of the video was extremely offensive and unhealthy.

However, to me the worst thing for me personally was the response from some of their viewers. Some of them were defending the boys and some of the ones that did express their upset were attacked by other girls, so that they ended up retracting what they said and apologising to the boys. It's crazy to me.

PoisonedApple

Post by PoisonedApple » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Fuck this douchebag, and all others like him.
He doesn't belong on YouTube.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:45 pm

I could forgive them if they made a new video either discussing what they were thinking when making this video or something creative to increase women's self esteem. Of course, being teenage guys, my guess is that they coward and simply took the video down. Sadly, there will be thousands of girls that still worship at their feet.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:51 pm

There are so many things wrong with Nash Grier and with that video.

For starters, where did this kid even come from? I know he's from Vine, but now he suddenly thinks that being a Viner means he'll also be a good YouTuber? Hell, no. I don't care if he's Vine famous, but that should not mean he can suddenly become a YouTuber (with 400k subs and, like, four videos). And, obviously, he failed pretty bad at trying to become a Youtuber judging by that horrible video.

He's also incredibly stupid and/or ignorant. He really thought he could post something like that and everyone would be fine with it? I know this sounds harsh, but how can someone film and post something that obviously is going to get people mad and not realize that? Not to mention the fact that he seemingly forgot about his young, impressionable audience that could be seriously affected by the things their 'idol' says.

I get he's a kid, but seriously. He literally took everything you shouldn't do as a YouTuber and compiled it all into one video. Anyways, I just think that as a Viner, he needs to steer clear of YouTube. Oh, and does anyone know what JC was doing in that video? How do they even know each other? It seems weird, with Nash being on Vine and JC a YouTuber and in O2L. I don't know if they know each other or what...

Oh, and had anyone seen Mrrepzion's response video to Nash Grier's?

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:35 pm

^ Yes, I linked that one in the first post. I freaking love Mrrepzion for that. I'm so happy he made that video, because someone had to.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Sorry for double posting... but I have to ask: Does anyone actually shave their arm hair? Waxing that would hurt, and I'm guessing it would grow back in thicker and darker. I think it's wrong for a guy to tell a woman where she should shave... No shave winter, anyone? :D

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:55 pm

YouTubeFanForever wrote:There are so many things wrong with Nash Grier and with that video.

For starters, where did this kid even come from? I know he's from Vine, but now he suddenly thinks that being a Viner means he'll also be a good YouTuber?

Well, a lot of "vine famous" people have made YouTube channels. Don't know why, but I guess for more of a following/more money to be made with the fan base they've acquired. Kind of makes sense, but most of them do not belong on YouTube lol.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:00 pm

I actually shave my arms because I have quite hairy arms, but that doesn't mean anyone should have to shave their arms; it is kinda pointless to.

And, yeah, I guess Viners just do want the extra fame and money on YouTube, but it's still stupid to me.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:01 pm

I always thought JC Caylen was a douche tbh. Ever since I first found out about him, and seeing him in that just made me dislike him even more.

I love how Nash isn't even acknowledging the backlash from that video. It proves how much he doesn't care. The replies on his tweets from fangirls also just proves the point, he needs to watch his mouth. :roll: He should just stay on Vine where he belongs.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:02 pm

Oh I shave my arm hair :)
I shave it because personally I don't like having long hair on my arms and also it feels really smooth after shaving.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:03 pm

bitemytonguex wrote:I always thought JC Caylen was a douche tbh. Ever since I first found out about him, and seeing him in that just made me dislike him even more.

I love how Nash isn't even acknowledging the backlash from that video. It proves how much he doesn't care. The replies on his tweets from fangirls also just proves the point, he needs to watch his mouth. :roll: He should just stay on Vine where he belongs.

I could be wrong, but I think he apologized about it somewhere? It was an obviously forced apology from what I remember, though. Ugh, he just irritates me so much lol.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:04 pm

He is a 16 y.o. boy right? Most kids their age are "without sense". I guess youtube need a "police" to ensure young boys with large following to stop talking bull in their videos. I'm not defending him but there are so many worst content out there. Yes its appropriate to "tell him off" but do tell off other worst youtubers too.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:12 pm

YouTubeFanForever wrote:
bitemytonguex wrote:I always thought JC Caylen was a douche tbh. Ever since I first found out about him, and seeing him in that just made me dislike him even more.

I could be wrong, but I think he apologized about it somewhere? It was an obviously forced apology from what I remember, though. Ugh, he just irritates me so much lol.

I tried looking earlier for like any info, but I wasn't having any luck. Besides, I got even more annoyed the more I read his tweets. He reminds me of too many guys I go to school with. :roll:

^I also agree. People should take a look around and call some others out. :?

First I heard he was 15, then 16? I saw on his Twitter where he was supposedly drunk texting? Obviously he could be under aging it, but I'm still curious anyhow.

Return to “N-Z”