Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

Age Differences

Age Differences

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:13 pm

I don't know if there's already a topic on this, if there is, I can't seem to find it :(

But how many years difference is too many in your opinion? I get that it all depends on the law and when you're 40 and 50, ten years difference doesn't matter.. but then I think when one of them was 10 and already in school, the other was just being born and that puts me off. I don't know if that makes sense but yeah lol.

I'm always physically attracted to older guys because the ones around my age seem to be immature and only talking to me for the wrong reasons, but since I'm underage, older guys won't even look at me :D

So, questions: 1. What's the oldest/youngest you've dated? 2. Were there any complications (immaturity, different interests/views/opinions, etc)? 3. How many years is too many, if there's a limit for you at all?

Any opinions and such are welcome. Thank you in advance. :tu:

Re: Age Differences

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:32 am

I haven't dated anyone older or younger than me (at least in big numbers, my ex boyfriend is just two years older than me) however, depending on the people's age it could be too much. For example, I remember one summer there was a guy who was ten years older than me who wanted to date me. I was sixteen, he was twenty-six. I already guessed what he probably wanted from me and to me that scared me at that time. But for example, right now I'm 22 and I could easily see myself dating someone who is 32. It could be tough, yes, but less tough than when I was sixteen!

Personally I have always been attracted to older guys too but yes, it depends on the people. :) I'd probably say 10 years is my limit.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:02 pm

I've only dated people close to my age, as in less than a year older or younger than me. (My current SO is 3 months younger than me). My limits are definitely nobody under 18/still in high school or over 30. And nobody who has ever been or is currently in a position of authority over me (former instructors, supervisors, ect) or who I have ever had authority over.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:06 pm

I'm 19 and my boyfriend is turning 17...legal here in Australia despite us not doing anything remotely sexual (I'm hesitant about male contact sometimes due to past events).

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:12 am

1. What's the oldest/youngest you've dated?

when I was 14 I dated a 21 year old for two years.

2. Were there any complications (immaturity, different interests/views/opinions, etc)?

he was in college and i was in high school. we were at different parts of our lives, but it didn't really bother us because we were at similar maturity and smarts levels. we both were absolutely obsessed with pokemon and that's what brought us together. we had the same political views and wanted the same future in regards to family etc. we were planning on getting married, actually. so i guess it worked out quite well at the time. then my dad got a restraining order haha.

3. How many years is too many, if there's a limit for you at all?

now i stick to my age. i don't go more than one or two years older so that we can be at the same level. i just make sure to find a mature guy!

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:11 am

eevee wrote:1. What's the oldest/youngest you've dated?

how did you meet a 21 year old at only 14? :o

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:46 pm

alienrasta wrote:
eevee wrote:1. What's the oldest/youngest you've dated?

how did you meet a 21 year old at only 14? :o

a pokemon forum haha...ironically that i was allowed on by my parents!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:05 am

eevee wrote: a pokemon forum haha...ironically that i was allowed on by my parents!

so he was an internet boyfriend?

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:10 am

alienrasta wrote:
eevee wrote: a pokemon forum haha...ironically that i was allowed on by my parents!

so he was an internet boyfriend?

yeah, i met up with him once though :)

Return to “Relationships”