Welcome to the new software! We have upgraded to the latest forum software.

CloudyApples

DaylightAmy
Informer
Informer

Re: CloudyApples

Post by DaylightAmy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:37 pm

Yeah I agree... I don't like collabs that much to begin with or 'challenges', unless the other person is really cool/matching the channel or the challenge is really relevant to the channel. These generic "find a bunch of people and do a random challenge" videos are not cool...
A fine line between women discussing how we hold each other back and holding each other back by discussing each other.

whatwut
Talker
Talker

Post by whatwut » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:17 pm

DaylightAmy wrote:Yeah I agree... I don't like collabs that much to begin with or 'challenges', unless the other person is really cool/matching the channel or the challenge is really relevant to the channel. These generic "find a bunch of people and do a random challenge" videos are not cool...

It just seemed like too many people for a sit on the couch type of video, you know? It felt crowded. Maybe if they were filming over a larger space, it'd feel natural. Also, it felt a bit forced and over edited for just sitting on a couch and casually talking.

DaylightAmy
Informer
Informer

Post by DaylightAmy » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:20 am

I really like her latest video (Fear of being a Bad daughter) - it's very honest and fun and she and Terry have such great chemistry.
A fine line between women discussing how we hold each other back and holding each other back by discussing each other.

gloriaboyde
Talker
Talker

Post by gloriaboyde » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:01 am

I honestly love her videos and she seems great. I liked her last video as well, but as someone already mentioned on this thread, she definitely uses some kind of blur filter on her camera to make her skin look smoother, you can definitely notice it at 1:15. It just makes her face look weird, and I think it also blurs around her eyebrows so they also look a bit unrealistic.

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:15 am

gloriaboyde wrote:I honestly love her videos and she seems great. I liked her last video as well, but as someone already mentioned on this thread, she definitely uses some kind of blur filter on her camera to make her skin look smoother, you can definitely notice it at 1:15. It just makes her face look weird, and I think it also blurs around her eyebrows so they also look a bit unrealistic.

She and everyone on youtube use this camera so yeah she uses a feature called "skin softness" http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3755461

DaylightAmy
Informer
Informer

Post by DaylightAmy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:04 pm

Just went on ICON (I know, shouldn't give clicks, etc etc) to see if Kassie had actually been participating and though it's very minimal, she's definitely on there :( was also sad to see her collab with Alba was actually from ICON...

timesnewroman
Informer
Informer

Post by timesnewroman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:32 pm

i can't believe she made a video about the whole essena oneill shit. :| and she's in support of her too...idk why she thinks she did such a revolutionary thing. essena's being praised for something so mediocre. she isn't bringing up anything new idk why it is such a huge news story. people are making it much deeper than it actually is. i thought kassie was was into social justice issues pertaining to race, gender, sexuality ect but the more i watch her i don't think so at all, i can't believe she uses her platform to promote like the dumbest story ever?? *ranting* i guess she had a message somewhere in there but i didn't find it meaningful.

DaylightAmy
Informer
Informer

Post by DaylightAmy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:59 pm

Actually I liked Essena's video... Kassie made the point that she doesn't relate to Essena's attachment to social media in a negative way, but she thought it was really important that she self-exposed the way she did, which I agree with. I think it's an important discussion, too. But each to their own.

How do you all feel about Kassie's new gaming channel GloomGames?

meowlizzz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:10 pm

I really like her recent videos. I like it when she shares her thoughts instead of solely putting out beauty videos.

The GloomGames is giving me mixed feelings. The thing that really bothers me about it right now is the way she introduces herself. "GloOoOmM" as if she's Pewdiepie or something.

timesnewroman
Informer
Informer

Post by timesnewroman » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:10 pm

Just for me personally I didn't care about the essena story, she's a privileged white girl who quit social media. It was a huge news story on my feed and as a female poc I just didn't care for it and for kassie to make a video about it when there are much more important issues. (antiblackness, police brutality, racism, misogyny) Essena's being fake deep about this and blaming social media when it's deeper than that, I don't care about her white women issues her whole persona was only developed in that way due to white supremacy and white beauty standards, something I've had shoved down my throat since birth. the whole social media angle is an interesting topic i agree, but this specific situation i'm personally not invested in. sorry for going off topic but i'm pretty passionate about this. i guess i expected whatthebuck to cover this story, not one of my favorite yter who i generally watch for beauty vids and vlogs.

lmao nonetheless i do enjoy her gaming channel. although idk why she had such an in depth explanation as to why she created a gaming yt channel, like someone said here earlier, girl do whatever the fuck u want stop explaining your actions.

DaylightAmy
Informer
Informer

Post by DaylightAmy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:11 pm

I agree - I think the videos are fun so far, but the introduction is really awkward... it feels forced and it's not gonna help anything... she can just be herself!

meowlizzz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:34 pm

Still hating the "GloOoOmM" intro. I cringe every time I hear it. The videos are alright but I prefer her regular Cloudy Apples videos

Return to “CloudyApples”