Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

Getting my first job

Getting my first job

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:43 am

So, I might be getting this job. It's looking like I might be working in catering. My friend helped me get this job and I'm excited to actually finally get one. The problem is is that this is my first job and I'm really nervous and scared I'm going to mess up. I'm afraid I'm going to do things wrong and people will get pissed off at me. Has anyone else felt this way? Does anyone know what to change it or help me feel confident on the first day? :oops:

Re: Getting my first job

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:05 pm

I was in the same boat about 2 months ago, when I just started my first job at Mcdonalds.. Since it's so fast paced I figured I'd have to be some sort of speed demon just to keep up with it all, and I was terrified. Especially of that fact that everyone there has seemed to master all the skills, and can do them without ease and It seemed to fluster me. Most decent people are willing to help out a newbie because they know how its like, and generally speaking, when someone seeks knowledge, and wants to get better at something most people want to help. So, if you're co workers are good people (And I bet they are) they'll help you with whatever questions you have :)
Just don't be afraid to ask. I was at first because I assumed they'd think I was an annoying know it all. But now I've been working for 2 months and I'm doing fine, asking questions and I'm no longer nervous! If you get discouraged, Just try to think of all the nice things you'll buy with your pay checks and you'll do okay! ;) <3

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Thanks guys! I appreciate the advice. :love2:

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:36 am

I think everyone feels that way when they first start a job. Don't worry about it so much, the more you do it, the more automatic everything will become. You just need to go with it. Everyone messes up at first but I mean as long as you don't burn the place down you'll be okay.

Return to “Work”