Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

What are you currently reading?

Re: What are you currently reading?

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Just finished Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins this morning and I started Going Home by A. American but it's so ridiculous that I don't know if I am going to finish it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, she's grown to be one of my favorite authors!

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:07 pm

AtticusSnow wrote:Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, she's grown to be one of my favorite authors!

Have you read Sharp Objects? I did and literally had to take a break from her books. It was exhausting! Fantastic, don't get me wrong.. But exhausting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:33 pm

About to finish up on The Secret Garden, after which I'll read Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote, and after that I'm reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac, and after that I'm going to read Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham. There are about a million other books on my list as well, but those are the only ones I could find at my library.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:18 am

Gone by A. American. Not something that I would choose for myself but my Dad wants me to read it. It's dragging on and I'm debating on putting it down.
& I'm also reading My True Love Gave to Me by Stephanie Perkins. It's super cute and perfect for this time of the year. I'm trying to stretch this one! It's 12 holiday themed short stories.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:29 am

Young Elites by Marie Lu

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Just finished rereading the last book (Monsters of Men) in the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness. Definitely one of my favourites. Think I'm going to start rereading Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket next.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

What are you currently reading?

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:28 am

BoomShaka wrote:Just finished rereading the last book (Monsters of Men) in the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness. Definitely one of my favourites.

That series was sooooo good!! I finished the last one so quickly and my mind was blown. Amazing books.

As for me, I'm currently reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner for my bookclub.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:14 am

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins and I'm also reading My True Love Gave to Me, which is 12 holiday short stories but I'm making it last by only reading one a day. They're super cute but they always leave me wanting more!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:15 pm

The point of rescue by Sophie Hannah. My favourite author EVER [emoji5]️

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:08 pm

I just started Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:33 pm

Walden by Henry David Thoreau. It's my downtime from school readings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Currently on Breakfast at Tiffany's. It's really good but the whole horse thing was an unnecessary touch of drama, or at least I thought so. Kinda killed the flow of the book a little. But I still love it enough to buy it, soon as I can scrounge up $20 for a nice copy...

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:40 am

The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw, My Fair Lady is one of my favorite B&W movies and I've always wanted to read the play it was based off of...

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:10 am

I am currently reading North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I first watched the BBC television series and now I am reading the book. I loved the television series.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:53 pm

To Kill a Mockingbird. I'll probably read some random filler ones after that so I can hold out till Christmas.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:36 pm

I'm reading Life of Pi at the moment. I'm almost done, but I think the movie is a lot better than the book (which is a rarity).

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:36 pm

BoomShaka wrote:To Kill a Mockingbird. I'll probably read some random filler ones after that so I can hold out till Christmas.

Oh, To Kill a Mockingbird is my faaavorite book ever. :love2: I should reread it. It's been a while.

Anywhoo, I finished Breakfast at Tiffany's a few days ago and now I'm reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley as well as Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham (which won't be standing in line for a Pulitzer anytime soon, but it's amusing enough when I just want something light to read.) And I'm so stoked that my new library has much better selection of Sylvia Plath's work than my last one did, so I also have Ariel, The Colossus, and Letters Home. (I've already read The Bell Jar, but I might check it out and read it again next time I go.) Books I'll be reading soon but haven't started yet are On the Road by Jack Kerouac, Portraits and Observations by Truman Capote, and In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (which I did start, but then got distracted by other books and now have to restart from the beginning.)

Yeeeeeah I went a little overboard at my library just because it's so much bigger and better than my old one and I'm really excited about it. And this is only the list of books that I've already checked out from the library. You don't even want to see the list of books that I plan to get once I'm done with this set.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:12 pm

I just started We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves. I've had it for ages and it just hadn't appealed to me - started reading it today and loved it! Typical.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:04 am

Daddy's Little Girl by Mary Higgins Clark

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:24 am

I've just finished Foxglove Summer, the latest book in the Peter Grant/Rivers of London series.

I've just downloaded Florence and Giles by John Harding, since someone bought me the sequel to it for Christmas.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:36 am

About to start House Rules by Jodi Picoult!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:13 am

I'm reading Insurgent, I'm at the beginning but it seems to be as good as Divergent :tu:

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:10 am

basicbetty wrote:Currently reading My True Love Gave To Me by Stephanie Perkins (and 11 other authors; 12 xmas short stories). Pretty good so far :) Next I'll be reading Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

I couldn't put that book down - Hope you enjoy it! :P

Return to “Literature”