Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

Celebs/Famous People You've Met

Re: Celebs/Famous People You've Met

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:52 pm

ruby_x wrote:^ yeah, RHCP are definitely American, they're from LA.

I met Gordon Ramsay from Hell's Kitchen once - for someone who acts like a total jerk on television he was surprisingly really nice!

I've heard he's such a nice guy! Actually, that doesn't surprise me at all though because some people choose to act like jerks at work so people get stuff done (being nice to your employees at work isn't always helpful - people never did what I told them to until I started acting like a tool toward them ): )

I'm really jealous you met him. I wanted to meet him when he visited my city.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:27 pm

caomei wrote:
ruby_x wrote:^ yeah, RHCP are definitely American, they're from LA.

I met Gordon Ramsay from Hell's Kitchen once - for someone who acts like a total jerk on television he was surprisingly really nice!

I've heard he's such a nice guy! Actually, that doesn't surprise me at all though because some people choose to act like jerks at work so people get stuff done (being nice to your employees at work isn't always helpful - people never did what I told them to until I started acting like a tool toward them ): )

I'm really jealous you met him. I wanted to meet him when he visited my city.

Yeah, he was great! :) My mom and I got to be extras on the show and he took the time to shake hands and talk with everybody.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:34 pm

In the 90s, my mom met Selena after a concert in Mexico :)

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:00 am

ive met Nina nesbitt (you might have heard of her), eliza doolittle and matt healy from the 1975, they were all so nice.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:18 pm

I went to the Ellen show taping today! The guest was Jennifer Garner and the guest DJ was Derek Hough. Jennifer Garner is really beautiful in real life but also looks like a normal person. She isn't stick thin and doesn't look like plastic, she just looks like a really pretty normal person. She was very sweet. Derek Hough was also really nice and came up to me and gave me a hug! He pretty much looks exactly like he does on TV, very neat and put together. Elle was funny and sweet just like she seems on TV. Overall a great show!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:25 am

Angie V wrote:I went to the Ellen show taping today! The guest was Jennifer Garner and the guest DJ was Derek Hough. Jennifer Garner is really beautiful in real life but also looks like a normal person. She isn't stick thin and doesn't look like plastic, she just looks like a really pretty normal person. She was very sweet. Derek Hough was also really nice and came up to me and gave me a hug! He pretty much looks exactly like he does on TV, very neat and put together. Elle was funny and sweet just like she seems on TV. Overall a great show!

Hey im going to an Ellen taping on Nov 12! Im so excited. I dont know who will be on the guest on the show yet, but im excited! :D

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:52 pm

QueenBeatle6 wrote:
Angie V wrote:I went to the Ellen show taping today! The guest was Jennifer Garner and the guest DJ was Derek Hough. Jennifer Garner is really beautiful in real life but also looks like a normal person. She isn't stick thin and doesn't look like plastic, she just looks like a really pretty normal person. She was very sweet. Derek Hough was also really nice and came up to me and gave me a hug! He pretty much looks exactly like he does on TV, very neat and put together. Elle was funny and sweet just like she seems on TV. Overall a great show!

Hey im going to an Ellen taping on Nov 12! Im so excited. I dont know who will be on the guest on the show yet, but im excited! :D

Wooo! It was fun, you'll enjoy it! (Though waiting to be seated and everything took for-fricking-ever.)

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:07 am

caomei wrote:I've met all of HIM (except Ville Valo, but I was cool with that cuz I lovvveee LLinde)

I met Linde once when I was jogging, almost ran into him. :D

I saw the complete Real Madrid team with Beckham and Ronaldo coming out of a hotel many years ago. Beckham even smiled into my camera. :)

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:30 pm

Blue_Lagoon wrote:
caomei wrote:I've met all of HIM (except Ville Valo, but I was cool with that cuz I lovvveee LLinde)

I met Linde once when I was jogging, almost ran into him. :D

I saw the complete Real Madrid team with Beckham and Ronaldo coming out of a hotel many years ago. Beckham even smiled into my camera. :)

Lucky!!

sfg

Post by sfg » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:25 pm

let's seeeee.
i've met all of Hedley a few times (the. best. guys. ever.), the Jonas Brothers, Shawn Desmond, Dustin Penner (who plays for the Anaheim Ducks) is actually a family friend, Faber Drive a few times, Josh from Mariana's Trench, and this one time, one of the actors from DeGrassi sat in front of me at my cousin's graduation. i can't remember which kid it was.

i also have a friend who met Samuel L Jackson and accidentally called him Mr Freeman :lol:

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:56 pm

wow, some of you guys have MET a lot of people. I haven't met many (or any) so here's my list:
Method Man (R&B musician).
One of the News Reporters on NBC (forgot her name)

my list of "almost/maybe's/close enough:
JImmy Fallon, Racheal Ray, Kelly & Micheal, Atlas Genius (musical band), David Spade (Rules of Engagement), Katrina Smirnoff + her partner for DWTS this year & the runner ups for this season, American Idol Runner up 2013, Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family) & a couple of others.
Anderson Cooper- he brushed by my knee (was sitting at his show taping) and we made eye contact (his GORGEOUS BLUE EYES) but I was too starstruck to say anything. I didn't even know what starstruck meant till I gazed into this blue eyes so lesson of story, don't stare into his gorgeous blue eyes. haha. <3
I went to a lot of show tapings this year so, I saw alot of celebrities from a distance but my list is nothing comparable to some of you guys and I live in NYC. #sadlife (I know hashtags don't work here, just used it for emphasis). lol. :D

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Angie V wrote:
QueenBeatle6 wrote:

Wooo! It was fun, you'll enjoy it! (Though waiting to be seated and everything took for-fricking-ever.)

The waiting was ok. Not to bad. But I saw James Franco, Anna Faris and Sophia Grace and Rosie. It was awesome!

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:38 am

Hilary Duff
Paris Hilton
Demi Lovato
Jonas Brothers
Chanel Iman
Cam'ron
Bow Wow
I think that's everyone, random list lol

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Casablancas wrote:Hilary Duff
Paris Hilton
Demi Lovato
Jonas Brothers
Chanel Iman
Cam'ron
Bow Wow

where did you meet demi lovato and hilary duff and how was it? :)

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:46 am

My mom met Samuel L Jackson at a Mcdonald's in line in Montreal. He was with his girlfriend at the time and can't remember the conversation except that he wanted my moms opinion on something. She was honored lol.

As far as me meeting celebrities, Catherine St-Laurent from Canadian Idol only because we went to school together had friends in common so technically doesn't really count because it was before and while she was on Canadian Idol. She was in my graduating year and she had to miss the prom because of the show so they decided to live stream the show at the prom.

lots of PDC dart players but even if I name them no one will know them.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:38 pm

QueenBeatle6 wrote:
Casablancas wrote:Hilary Duff
Paris Hilton
Demi Lovato
Jonas Brothers
Chanel Iman
Cam'ron
Bow Wow

where did you meet demi lovato and hilary duff and how was it? :)

super late, sorry!
But I met Hilary Duff in 2007 on her Dignity Tour. :) I won tickets by calling in to my local radio station, they were giving away Tickets and Meet and Greets. She was really nice! Super tiny and really sweet. Her whole team was also really nice and made everyone feel comfortable. They took us backstage and we took pictures in like a hallway lol. Super cool experience! I was a hardcore fan for a long time before that so it made my 12 year old self's life haha.

Then, in 2008 I met Demi. It was right when she first came out and was touring with The Jonas Brothers. She was doing a Meet and Greet at a Verizon store near my house. I was super into JB and her as well, so I begged my friend to go with me lol. We stood in like for about 4 hours or so. During that time, I got a phone call that I had won tickets for the JB & Demi show that night, so my mom left us there and went to go pick the tickets up. When we got inside, she was really nice and spoke to everyone. We weren't allowed to stop and take pictures but we did get a poster that she then autographed. She asked me what my name was, how I was, etc. and then I told I was going to see her and JB that night at their concert. It was super quick but she was really cool! At the time I thought she was soo cool and mature but looking back, she was so young! lol She was like 15 at the time, crazy. But still, really cool and nice. Also, while in line waiting to meet Demi, I got another call from the JB Fan Club saying I had won Meet & Greet passes for the next day to meet JB. That was also awesome and I got bragging rights for like a year lmao.

SOO long, i'm sorry! but in review, they were both super nice and sweet (: At the time, I was a HUGE fan of both, so it made my whole year both time haha

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:18 am

I've met Ed Sheeran at HMV, this was in 2011, when he wasn't a mainstream artist. The man is as amazing as his hair

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:09 pm

He's not really famous but I met Lupita Nyong'o's brother Peter a few days ago at work. I didn't know it was him and we chatted for a minute and I thought he looked really familiar but didn't think much of it. Then I was doing a log of all the guests and entering names and contact information into a database and I saw his name and I was like OOOOOOOOOOOOOH lmao.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:39 pm

I've met several people, not as many as a lot of you consider I love in LA but a good amount.

Blake Lively- She was friends with my best friend's sister. We got to hang out a few times during the time she attended high school. I think I was in 9th or 10th grade.
Justin Bieber- Back in 2012, he was rehearsing for his world tour. My best friend too me he was in Burbank so we waited outside for him. He never showed up that day but 2 days later, I went shopping at the Burbank Mall with my brother. We were on our way to Valencia for dinner when I saod "let's see if he's there". I passed by and he was outside taking pictures with fans. I parked my car on the red curb and ran across the street and my brother took photos. He was super nice and super chill. I hugged him and he went to my brother to shake his hand and said "what's up man. Good to meet you". I actually didn't realize that his bodyguard was taking photos with JBs iPhone until Justin posted the photo of us on twitter the day after. I got lucky!
Rob Dyrdek, Drama, and Chanel- He was at the Wal-Mart in Santa Clarita. My dad had connections and we got photos and got to chat with them. He was there for a signing and they were recording the first season of Fantasy Factory.
Mary Lou- She played the role of the nerd girl (Mary Ferry?) In the Nickelodeon show "Unfabulous". We went to school together and she was in my french class all 4 years of high school.
Huell Howser- I was like 5 years old and he was at Griffith park. I think only Californians know of him.
I've seen Paris Hilton on the freeway, Kylie Jenner gets her nails done at a salon in the same strip mall where I used to work at (I've seen her from a distance), Greg Finley from Secret Life of the American Teenager (he was eating at the food court at the Burbank Mall and my friends and i were on our way to buy teriyaki bowls, we got photos with him)
I've seen from a distance:
Jessica Simpson (she's gorgeous in person)
Britney Spears
Mariah Carey (went to her Christmas show taping in 2010, she's very sweet and stunning! She's my idol. I absolutely love her! Lovely sense of humor! I was about 20 feet from her!)
Randy Jackson (attended the Mariah show)
B.Scott (we were screaming at her and she waved! Also at the Mariah show)
Lady Antebellum (Jay Leno taping)
Jay Leno (everyone's met him in my town! Hes always out and about!)

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:09 am

Bands: Asking Alexandria(2x), Motionless in White, While She Sleeps, Betraying the Martyrs, I almost met Marilyn Manson ALMOST *cries*. I've also met famous people from my country with whom I won't bore you with because you probably haven't heard of them lol

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:41 am

Chris Hemsworth.
This was when he wasnt as famous though and was still in Home And Away which I never watched, but he was hot so i got his signature.
Glad i did.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:04 pm

I almost met Vanessa Hudgens back in like 2006... I was in 4th grade.

I've met various Michigan State University athletes (mostly football and basketball players) and coaches. Can't tell you how since it's personal.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:52 pm

I've met Andy Hurley and Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy. I also stood like 3 feet away from Ringo Starr once and I didn't notice until he had started to walk away. (But I don't think that counts.)

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:43 pm

RUPERT GRINT. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I could barely speak, I was so overcome haha. He was just strolling down the road near my uni, stopping to talk to him made me late for class but it was SO worth it.
Corey Taylor and Jim Root from Slipknot/Stone Sour- I saw them live and they came out to say hi during the day before the show. Corey was one of the nicest guys I've ever met.
Dawn French and Lenny Henry- they had (not sure if they still do as they're no longer together) a house in the town where I live. Met them many times over the years.
Oli Sykes from Bring Me the Horizon- he was a lot quieter than I was expecting.
Jason Donovan- he was filming in the town where I live.
Richard and Judy- (you'll only know who they are if you're British haha) again, they live very close to where I live.

Rupert is definitely by far the most famous haha.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:39 pm

The only "celebrity" (I use that term VERY loosely) that I have ever met was Sarah from MTV's True Life: I'm Getting Married 2. She used to shop in the store I managed and she was... well, bizarre is putting it nicely. :lol:

I have SEEN many other celebs, including Khloe Kardashian, Ludacris, Brad Pitt and Randy Jackson, but I would never in a million years have the audacity to go bother a celeb I saw just minding their own business. 8-)

Return to “Celebrity”