We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Catrific Part 2

seaotters
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Catrific Part 2

Post by seaotters » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:53 am

un1nterested wrote:
seaotters wrote:
un1nterested wrote:seaotters yeah I always found that funny how she does lots of collabs on her channel with people like dan&phil and joey but she never appears on their channels. Maybe they just don't want to promote her or she's too boring for their channels idk, but I'm just sick of her acting like she's a celebrity and has so many fans...

p.s: Phil's hair looks so good in that vlog.

That supports my theory that she really only cares about her views, not really a creative outlet like other popular youtubers. After people were willing to pay Beta's surgery , she realized the internet was a quick way to make money, so were her famous friends. She had 3 jobs at some point during her life, she's worked hard before,maybe that's why she was ready to drop everything and be lazy for a while.

p.s. Yes. Yes it does.

wait, seriously?! i've been working 2 jobs for over 3 years and i can barely afford to pay my bills when she has shit loads of money from youtube and vessel and yet gets people to pay for her dog's surgery? i'm completely biased on this and i haven't done any research into this but that makes me mad af.

It just angers me when youtubers think that youtube and their audience are an easy way of getting money and their content is nowhere near worth their monthly pay.

In her "Draw My Life" video she says during her gap year or something, she worked in Chic-Fil-A, as a baby sitter, and for dailybooth. Dailybooth made her depressed and Beta ate a sock which clogged her intestines. She went on the internet to fund the surgery and it worked. The other page was going on her for that. Evidently she has another Frenchie too.....
:toad:

un1nterested
Learner
Learner

Post by un1nterested » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:40 pm

seaotters Oh yeah I heard about Beta eating a sock so I guess I didn't put two and two together. But I don't understand how an online photo-sharing website can make someone depressed?

Was she actually physically working in one of their offices or something or was she just sat at home on her laptop complaining? Idk.

edit: and a babysitter isn't a proper job c'mon Cat, 14 year olds do babysitting as their first jobs.

seaotters
Lurker
Lurker

Post by seaotters » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:28 pm

un1nterested wrote:seaotters Oh yeah I heard about Beta eating a sock so I guess I didn't put two and two together. But I don't understand how an online photo-sharing website can make someone depressed?

Was she actually physically working in one of their offices or something or was she just sat at home on her laptop complaining? Idk.

edit: and a babysitter isn't a proper job c'mon Cat, 14 year olds do babysitting as their first jobs.

I dunno if she was working from home, but considering the other 2 jobs, I wouldn't doubt it.
It was the pace her life had taken, similar to how Dan started questioning his purpose after dropping out of law school. She wasn't happy with what she was doing, and started feeling depressed.

She said nanny in her video but wrote "babysitter" sooo.......I'm not quite sure :P

Encyclopedia
Informer
Informer

Post by Encyclopedia » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:13 pm

I don't know much about catrific, but her face is so weird looking...like...her jaw is really big?

and when there was speculation about Joey dating Cat, I definitely didn't believe it, not because I knew Joey was gay, but because...him...with her? :? yikes.

Ginakari
Lurker
Lurker

Catrific Part 2

Post by Ginakari » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:54 am

You know, I dont know much about cat. However, she's friends with so many YouTubers I like. So I wander on here and am always taken aback as to why they are friends. She must be loyal and nice, I wouldn't doubt it, but idk if she cuts it as an entertainer. Some people just don't. Plus the way she treats fans, her alfie work ethic, and problematic behavior would be enough for me to want to put serious distance between us. Especially when she's clearly using the friendship for money benefits.

Never noticed she hasn't shown up on anyone's channel when collabing. Makes me laugh cause ouch that's gotta sting (Does that make me rude? Probably. Moving on.)

And she has a few loyal fans. They like to attack the phandom for poking fun of her because in their eyes "we want to marry the boys or she single handedly is wrecking our ship" when in reality she is just so so boring. We time stamp her vlogs with them because sitting through even 5 minutes of her alone complaining or dazing off is just painful.

Sorry been sitting on that one for a while. Carry on everyone.
oh wow cool story bud ten outta ten

likefrylikefry
Lurker
Lurker

Post by likefrylikefry » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:39 pm

How can she justify doing "psychology" vlogs without a college degree or education?

Encyclopedia
Informer
Informer

Post by Encyclopedia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:47 pm

likefrylikefry wrote:How can she justify doing "psychology" vlogs without a college degree or education?

LOL in the same way Freelee can't justify her advice videos on diet when she's not even a nutritionist. I doubt Catrific is too bright up there, and definitely not enough to be doing a psychology video.

YouslessTube
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YouslessTube » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Encyclopedia wrote:
likefrylikefry wrote:How can she justify doing "psychology" vlogs without a college degree or education?

LOL in the same way Freelee can't justify her advice videos on diet when she's not even a nutritionist. I doubt Catrific is too bright up there, and definitely not enough to be doing a psychology video.

Cat once said in a video that she goes to a therapist, I think in her advice/psychology/preachy videos she just spews whatever the therapist says to her, twists & throws a few words of her own here and there, she's talentless! Her channel is down in the dumps I sometimes wonder how she has fans.

seaotters
Lurker
Lurker

Post by seaotters » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:56 pm

[quote
Cat once said in a video that she goes to a therapist, I think in her advice/psychology/preachy videos she just spews whatever the therapist says to her, twists & throws a few words of her own here and there, she's talentless! Her channel is down in the dumps I sometimes wonder how she has fans.[/quote]

She doesn't thoooo, all her comments are about who's she's with or something basic like "omg, your hair is cool."

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:13 am

dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

manged
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by manged » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Took her long enough to address it, but she still didn't care to elaborate on the root of these claims. Like don't just dismiss them as rumors that sprung out of nowhere. There is photographic evidence of her hanging out with Luke (well after the rape allegations had surfaced), and there was that tumblr entry (which I can't be bothered to reread, but she caught a lot of shit for it) .

Sure, a lot of Cat-haters have clung on to it as further justification for not liking her, and have twisted it from her "supporting her friend, who is an alleged rapist" into "she supporting rapists" (though tbh, both carry similar connotations and are problematic, whichever way you slice it). So if she's grown since then and realizes why supporting Luke was wrong, then good for her... but why not explain that? Dismissing it all as "hate comments" makes me think that she's still ignorant and is just trying to save face.
ojf

Return to “Catrific”