Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

Beats by Dr. Dre

Beats by Dr. Dre

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:08 am

So let me share with you all my lovely HORROR story with this manufacturer........ :D

I got my first pair in July 2011. I got the Solo HD ones in red. I was pretty exited. The sound quality is amazing. So after awhile I was experiencing problems with them, I had to get them exchanged (luckily my dad is a tech geek and loves putting extended warranties on everything). I got the white ones then, and while the year was passing by, I kept having MORE problems. But the ironic thing is, that it was the same problem with all of them. The right side started making this weird crack-y noise and the left side, the quality sounded pretty bad. Like lower sound or something. I'm not sure how to describe it :| So after the 9TH TIME I had to exchange them, I had enough. I was cussing and bitching at Best Buy. I could not control myself with how fed up I was with Beats. After being in Customer Service for two hours, I got my money back and a pair of BOSE headphones. The thing is, now I want to go back to beats. Because I miss the bass so much. Bose headphones don't really have bass. I'd get some of the little headphones instead of the over the ear ones which I hate with a passion.

If you're ever thinking about getting the Solo HD, get an extended warranty for them. You'll need it.

Re: Beats by Dr. Dre

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:32 am

I've heard that Beats suck, but never owned any. Luckily I hate hip hop music so I will never have this problem. :D

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:20 am

I heard beats are way overrated and overpriced. There are so many other options out there.

JustMe

Post by JustMe » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 pm

I actually love my Beats and have several different Models, I enjoy them all.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Well thanks! I want Beats SOO BADDDD! (the buds)

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 pm

I had beats and they snapped in half at the top :|

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:31 pm

Beats are quite good soundwise, but physical quality is the polar opposite. I have had 3(!) pairs of iBeats because of the 3 Rezounds I have owned: EVERY SINGLE PAIR is broken. These are metals earbuds, also, so they shouldn't be so fuckin' flimsy; but once you damage the little remote area that controls your phone player/answers the phone, it is OVER. After the control plate is damaged, only the left bud had sound. The 2nd pair, which I was able to maintain longer than the first and third, the sound started to sound cheap + tinny after 2 mos. TWO. MONTHS. This is with light use and baby care. I had to start using equalizers from the Marketplace over my Beats technology that's already on the Rezound phone, which you should never have to do with 200$ earbuds made by Monster.

Now an EXCELLENT alternative is the Bob Marley earbud line. They're louder than beats, and almost as bassy. You get a lot of top and bottom tones. The mids are a bit stuffy, and the buds can have trouble staying in, but you do get clearer sound overall than with iBeats, mainly because of how the bud speakers and the bud cushions are designed. I highly recommend.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:35 pm

I have the Lady Gaga beats which are amaaaaaaaaazing haha. I got a pair of the Solo HD's but honestly, I look like a douche wearing them.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Overpriced, a lot of people buy it because it's a name brand, never owned them, liked the design.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Have it. They're a gift from my friends. They're overpriced and I would never repurchase them.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 am

angel face wrote:I had beats and they snapped in half at the top :|

I worked in customer service at an electronics store and you would not believe the amount we had come back for this exact problem.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:40 am

Right now I currently have the iBeats, and I enjoy them :) Let's see how long they last before something happens to them... :roll:

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:50 am

Wonderland ♥ wrote:Right now I currently have the iBeats, and I enjoy them :) Let's see how long they last before something happens to them... :roll:

Not very long, unfortunately. They're too easy to kill w/o damaging the actual earbud.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:54 pm

Ireth0 wrote:

I worked in customer service at an electronics store and you would not believe the amount we had come back for this exact problem.

my friend was "trying them on" and pulled them apart too far but I don't have the warranty or anything anymore :(

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:19 am

I have lady gaga beats earbuds and so does my sister, both stopped working in one ear in a couple of months. They did work really well at first, block out noise, were comfortable, look nice and never tangled (rubber cord), but really even cheaper sony earbuds outlast them. They would be be perfect if they lasted. I'm not a fan of the originals beats, they look kinda ridiculous and are over priced.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:21 am

angel face wrote:
Ireth0 wrote:

my friend was "trying them on" and pulled them apart too far but I don't have the warranty or anything anymore :(

Sounds like your friend owes you a new pair of beats ;)

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:24 pm

I had the original Beats Studio way back. However even I didn't use the cable with the remote, it broke into pieces years later. I ended up selling the whole thing to my friend last year and got myself a Bose QC25 headphone.

I love Apple, but not so much for Beats headphones. I use my Bowers & Wilkins C5 most of the time and eyeing the P5 or P7. :P

Return to “Apple”