We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier - Part 2

Immabatman
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 2

Post by Immabatman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:31 pm

moran wrote:I was wondering if you had seen this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYIPjMNi9zc, it's Bart Baker's lips are moving parody (if you're not fond of him just skip to 2:30), I honestly have no real opinion on Bart Baker, but it makes me laugh that Mark has a son named Timmy (he had one in that old Honest Frosted Flakes Commercial too), it makes me think of Tiny Box Tim :rofl:

Edit: don't let me start with Curtis Lepore, he's disgusting and I hate to see him doing vines with people I like, they should've dropped his disguting ass by now.

I really love that video :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And about Curtis I really didn't know about that :o I don't watch much videos on Vine

kayuhsee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:56 am

moran wrote:I was wondering if you had seen this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYIPjMNi9zc, it's Bart Baker's lips are moving parody (if you're not fond of him just skip to 2:30), I honestly have no real opinion on Bart Baker, but it makes me laugh that Mark has a son named Timmy (he had one in that old Honest Frosted Flakes Commercial too), it makes me think of Tiny Box Tim

Edit: don't let me start with Curtis Lepore, he's disgusting and I hate to see him doing vines with people I like, they should've dropped his disguting ass by now.

Off topic, but I can attest to the HP tablets being the worst thing ever. My mom works for HP so of course we got one and the whole tablet is a hot mess. Anyway I agree too about Curtis. Minus the whole rape thing, he's just a general douche bag. But I don't blame Mark doing the video with him in it because it's not even like it was Curtis' idea to do it.

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:57 pm

Mark might be going back to university, after all [emoji3]. So someday his upload schedule might change as he'll return to UC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My purpose on Guru Gossip is partici...

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:07 pm

Hi :) Been lurking on this thread :O I am a Markiplier fan, became a fan since FNAF . The famous art site deviantart was talking about fnaf like crazy so I looked it up on YT and I found Mark :D I watched a lot of his games. I love his Vanish game, which I know is his most favorite game ever ;) (I know it's not XD), and the fun games are awesome :D I love the pretty artsy games he played, like the Floor is Jelly :D

I think my first let's play I watched was Slender the Arrival :D I only watched his games, so I have NO idea of the creepy pasta stories about Slender :P I should look them up I guess.

No idea who this Curtis guy is, but he seems like a creepy douche. I don't get why people have to be like this.

Okay I have to wonder, where the heck are these people getting Mark is a rapist/pedophile? That...doesn't make sense. It does upset me people put the blame on Mark and give him hate over things, especially the make up thing. Personally transgenders didn't cross my mind when he was putting on make up but whatever.

As for the girlfriend thing I been hearing rumors on tumblr :P (I was on tumblr for couple of months, mostly to try to say hi to Mark but eh I deleted it, all the drama and just meh it wasn't meant to be, same with Twitter which I may easily get back to eventually, tumblr, meh). I am more of a Facebook person though I don't even post :P I just read what people are up to :P

It would be cool to hear from Mark :D But it's depressing because he probably gets tons of emails, etc. a day and some fans like me won't ever get a chance to get a hi or retweet or reply :/ I even posted art work I did and didn't get noticed. Oh well.

Yeah I noticed some fans are crazy. I met some crazy FNAF/Markiplier fans....and their lovely fan art.. :roll: I seen great fan art but I just think some are going overboard and just disrespectful.

I do hope Mark can give himself time too to relax as well :D I don't know how he does it. But eh I am not really a work a holic I guess? I like my breaks and space and work at my own speed.

I don't mean to bring up ex again, but didn't in the podcast where Mark was with Wade, (and Tyler), they were answering questions and Mark was saying he wish he didn't give his gf a 2nd chance or something? D:

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:23 pm

AquarianHorse wrote:Hi :) Been lurking on this thread :O I am a Markiplier fan, became a fan since FNAF . The famous art site deviantart was talking about fnaf like crazy so I looked it up on YT and I found Mark :D I watched a lot of his games. I love his Vanish game, which I know is his most favorite game ever ;) (I know it's not XD), and the fun games are awesome :D I love the pretty artsy games he played, like the Floor is Jelly :D

I think my first let's play I watched was Slender the Arrival :D I only watched his games, so I have NO idea of the creepy pasta stories about Slender :P I should look them up I guess.

No idea who this Curtis guy is, but he seems like a creepy douche. I don't get why people have to be like this.

Okay I have to wonder, where the heck are these people getting Mark is a rapist/pedophile? That...doesn't make sense. It does upset me people put the blame on Mark and give him hate over things, especially the make up thing. Personally transgenders didn't cross my mind when he was putting on make up but whatever.

As for the girlfriend thing I been hearing rumors on tumblr :P (I was on tumblr for couple of months, mostly to try to say hi to Mark but eh I deleted it, all the drama and just meh it wasn't meant to be, same with Twitter which I may easily get back to eventually, tumblr, meh). I am more of a Facebook person though I don't even post :P I just read what people are up to :P

It would be cool to hear from Mark :D But it's depressing because he probably gets tons of emails, etc. a day and some fans like me won't ever get a chance to get a hi or retweet or reply :/ I even posted art work I did and didn't get noticed. Oh well.

Yeah I noticed some fans are crazy. I met some crazy FNAF/Markiplier fans....and their lovely fan art.. :roll: I seen great fan art but I just think some are going overboard and just disrespectful.

I do hope Mark can give himself time too to relax as well :D I don't know how he does it. But eh I am not really a work a holic I guess? I like my breaks and space and work at my own speed.

I don't mean to bring up ex again, but didn't in the podcast where Mark was with Wade, (and Tyler), they were answering questions and Mark was saying he wish he didn't give his gf a 2nd chance or something? D:

Welcome to the thread! I promise we don't bite! :)

I'll answer the gf question, but just as a quick note, we usually save talk of girlfriends, friends, fans, etc. for the relationship thread to keep things organized. It's not a big deal, but just as a reminder in the future.

In the recent charity livestream when the guys were asked their biggest regret, Mark mentioned his was getting back together with an ex right before his first major surgery. That we assume is the ex he had prior to the recent one. And that one used to physically abuse him.

Also Tumblr and some of the fans are definitely nuts who can't see him past their raging hormones and little fantasies. And I think most of the crazies out for Mark's blood for being a rapist/pedophile/transphobic are sjws who will find any and all excuse to bitch and complain and hurt any straight male they can, especially famous ones.

Also as a personal note, I think my favorite LP of Mark's may be either To the Moon or The Witch's House, just because I have a big fondness for RPG Maker games. Hopefully he'll do Corpse Party in the future. :)

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:32 pm

AquarianHorse wrote:Okay I have to wonder, where the heck are these people getting Mark is a rapist/pedophile? That...doesn't make sense. It does upset me people put the blame on Mark and give him hate over things, especially the make up thing. Personally transgenders didn't cross my mind when he was putting on make up but whatever.

Hi AquarianHorse, welcome to the board :)

The rapist accusation started with the Snapchat fiasco where a girl said that Mark asked her to send nudes and backed it up with tweets that were taken way out of context. Along with this girl, Tumblrinas rallied against him and boycotted him because of that. He responded to this right here and debunked the accusations: http://markiplier.tumblr.com/post/10921 ... -be-filled

And yeah it wasn't just the makeup challenge where they called him a transmisogynist, but also when he put on a dress for kicks. Plus nowhere in the video did he say he looked like a transgender, he only said he looked like a clown.

For people who claim that clothes and make up shouldn't be gendered, Tumblrinas get hella mad at crossdressing and men wearing makeup.

My purpose on Guru Gossip is partici...

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Dragonmax wrote:
AquarianHorse wrote:Okay I have to wonder, where the heck are these people getting Mark is a rapist/pedophile? That...doesn't make sense. It does upset me people put the blame on Mark and give him hate over things, especially the make up thing. Personally transgenders didn't cross my mind when he was putting on make up but whatever.

Hi AquarianHorse, welcome to the board :)

The rapist accusation started with the Snapchat fiasco where a girl said that Mark asked her to send nudes and backed it up with tweets that were taken way out of context. Along with this girl, Tumblrinas rallied against him and boycotted him because of that. He responded to this right here and debunked the accusations: http://markiplier.tumblr.com/post/10921 ... -be-filled

And yeah it wasn't just the makeup challenge where they called him a transmisogynist, but also when he put on a dress for kicks. Plus nowhere in the video did he say he looked like a transgender, he only said he looked like a clown.

For people who claim that clothes and make up shouldn't be gendered, Tumblrinas get hella mad at crossdressing and men wearing makeup.

Oh but makeup is non-gendered. Anyone can wear it. So long as they aren't straight males, because men are evil, right Tumblr? :roll:

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:17 pm

It saddens me that people would hurt Mark like that relationships, accuse him of things. He seems like a really nice cool guy :D But hey, good people get dumped on sometimes it seems >_>

Even on deviantart people say tumblr is so crazy and full of SJW. People are crazy sometimes D:

frogert
Informer
Informer

Post by frogert » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:28 pm

AquarianHorse wrote:It saddens me that people would hurt Mark like that relationships, accuse him of things. He seems like a really nice cool guy :D But hey, good people get dumped on sometimes it seems >_>

Even on deviantart people say tumblr is so crazy and full of SJW. People are crazy sometimes D:

please read and abide by the website/forum rules and go and make two introductory posts in the Introduction section. :respekt:

"Everyone thought I was being a bitch, when all I was doing was being brutally honest" - Santana Lopez :love2:

chunkyflunky
Learner
Learner

Post by chunkyflunky » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:29 pm

I wonder how going back to college will work for him... College students are more mature than high school students, but not by much. I assume he'd be in all upper level classes but still, he'd never be able to eat on campus without being swarmed.
Master Lurker.

ritzcrackerz
Talker
Talker

Post by ritzcrackerz » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:33 pm

chunkyflunky wrote:I wonder how going back to college will work for him... College students are more mature than high school students, but not by much. I assume he'd be in all upper level classes but still, he'd never be able to eat on campus without being swarmed.

He would probably take have his classes back to back and maybe go twice a week. All of my classes right now are in one building and I live off campus in my apartment. So I hardly eat on campus. I figured he would do something like that.

ritzcrackerz
Talker
Talker

Post by ritzcrackerz » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:34 pm

chunkyflunky wrote:I wonder how going back to college will work for him... College students are more mature than high school students, but not by much. I assume he'd be in all upper level classes but still, he'd never be able to eat on campus without being swarmed.

He would probably take have his classes back to back and maybe go twice a week. All of my classes right now are in one building and I live off campus in my apartment. So I hardly eat on campus. I figured he would do something like that.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:02 am

He'd probably have to take a bunch of classes online, but for engineering it wouldn't really work. That seems like more of a hands on kinda career. Although if he's filling up his quota with English or math or something brainy, that could work. And even if he goes back to school after retiring from Youtube, there will still be plenty of students and maybe professors who would recognize him.

Well he is an introvert, so likely he'd avoid most students. But for some who are fans he'll just have to state right off the bat his boundaries like no pestering him while he's in class or studying. I think if he makes it clear right up front he's in school to learn and get his degree, people will be more respectful. And if worse comes to worse, the teachers will likely step in as well.

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:54 am

I don't know that it would be a huge problem for him to return to school. There might be some issues when he starts just because of the novelty of it, but I think it would die down after a few weeks. I tend to see the same people every day as I walk to classes, so I imagine they would probably get used to seeing him after a while and it would be just old hat.

Plus, Mark knows the UC campus, so if he needed to find a way to stay inconspicuous, he probably could do so easily.
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:10 am

Yeah that's awesome he wants to go back. I remember saying he wish he did more after school kind of stuff too. I agree he'd be swarmed :/ It's flattering but sorta creepy (but tons of eyes on me makes me super anxious anyway D:) I was going to say maybe he could do online but if it's not for engineering maybe he would have to go in person? D: Unless there is other things he wants he can do them online. I would LOVE to do art classes at a college, just to learn new ways to improve, but I think with art, you'd have to go in person too..I rather do a community college though, I hear they're much cheaper and online classes usually are cheaper. To be honest, I don't know what kind of things you can do in online class vs you having to go in person. I do want to go out more, just my anxiety gets in the way >_> but Mark is pretty inspiring, but I wouldn't say he cured my anxiety and depression. His videos make me smile, and be in a good mood for however long I watch him, but then I'm sometimes back to where I was, if that makes sense (Depending on mood) :P I think the only person that can "cure" depression/anxiety is themselves probably.

Oh I am glad to see I am not the only one that doesn't like MSB..he just rubs me the wrong way and just ugh yeah -_-

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:20 am

AquarianHorse wrote:Yeah that's awesome he wants to go back. I remember saying he wish he did more after school kind of stuff too. I agree he'd be swarmed :/ It's flattering but sorta creepy (but tons of eyes on me makes me super anxious anyway D:) I was going to say maybe he could do online but if it's not for engineering maybe he would have to go in person? D: Unless there is other things he wants he can do them online. I would LOVE to do art classes at a college, just to learn new ways to improve, but I think with art, you'd have to go in person too..I rather do a community college though, I hear they're much cheaper and online classes usually are cheaper. To be honest, I don't know what kind of things you can do in online class vs you having to go in person. I do want to go out more, just my anxiety gets in the way >_> but Mark is pretty inspiring, but I wouldn't say he cured my anxiety and depression. His videos make me smile, and be in a good mood for however long I watch him, but then I'm sometimes back to where I was, if that makes sense (Depending on mood) :P I think the only person that can "cure" depression/anxiety is themselves probably.

Oh I am glad to see I am not the only one that doesn't like MSB..he just rubs me the wrong way and just ugh yeah -_-

Personally I did not enjoy doing online classes when I was in college. I felt like I didn't learn as much as being in a classroom and the teacher's critiques were very confusing and not as personal. But some people enjoy online to hands-on, just find what you're comfortable with. But yeah unless you're going for graphic design or photography, I don't think online classes work for art majors. Engineering I don't know since that wasn't a field I was ever interested in, maybe some of our forum members who have or are studying engineering can tell us if their studies are/was more hands-on.

I think Psych might have a point, he likely will get swarmed maybe the first month, but after a time they'll likely just ignore him or he'll find a place to hide. But again, Mark would still have to set certain boundaries that he's there to work, not goof around with fans.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:40 am

And we all know how good he is about setting boundaries. :roll: :rofl:

But seriously, he'll probably be better at setting boundaries in a school setting since he's there for the purpose of getting a degree, not to meet fans.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:47 am

Kierans wrote:And we all know how good he is about setting boundaries. :roll: :rofl:

But seriously, he'll probably be better at setting boundaries in a school setting since he's there for the purpose of getting a degree, not to meet fans.

That's what I think too. Or maybe he'll have it like a small campus meetup once in a while for students who want to hang with him and get their questions answered. Just as long as he delegates it only to students on campus and not to outside sources. I can easily see other fans swarming UC because they heard Mark was there.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:59 am

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
Kierans wrote:And we all know how good he is about setting boundaries. :roll: :rofl:

That's what I think too. Or maybe he'll have it like a small campus meetup once in a while for students who want to hang with him and get their questions answered. Just as long as he delegates it only to students on campus and not to outside sources. I can easily see other fans swarming UC because they heard Mark was there.

They would though, regardless of any boundaries set by him or campus security. Have you seen how they legit throw things at him at cons if they can't get close enough to him to hand it over like a normal person? I'm going to bet he knows that, too. It makes me wonder if he's going to wait until his prime Youtube days are behind him, when going back to school won't be such a security risk for the other students.

Still, you can tell there's some wistfulness on his part there. Especially between the photo he posted on tumblr, the various jokes-that-aren't-really-jokes this year about how he used to be an engineer, and that "sad panda" bathtub moment in the Top Ten video he did.

He doesn't want the crappy "9-to-5 cubicle" thing that comes with most engineering jobs, though, so I'm not sure what he'd actually do with an engineering degree at this point.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:04 am

kei wrote:
They would though, regardless of any boundaries set by him or campus security. Have you seen how they legit throw things at him at cons if they can't get close enough to him to hand it over like a normal person? I'm going to bet he knows that, too. It makes me wonder if he's going to wait until his prime Youtube days are behind him, when going back to school won't be such a security risk for the other students.

Still, you can tell there's some wistfulness on his part there. Especially between the photo he posted on tumblr, the various jokes-that-aren't-really-jokes this year about how he used to be an engineer, and that "sad panda" bathtub moment in the Top Ten video he did.

He doesn't want the crappy "9-to-5 cubicle" thing that comes with most engineering jobs, though, so I'm not sure what he'd actually do with an engineering degree at this point.

Maybe something to fall back on in case he can't make it into the music or movie business and Youtube doesn't become a sustainable job anymore?

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:26 am

I think he wants to go back to school to accomplish something that people outside of Youtube-land would understand, y'know? Even if I was otherwise successful, I know I would have regretted it if I had been unable to graduate from college.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:40 am

I highly doubt that Mark would jump right back into the college thing the moment his YouTube career died down. He would probably wait several years afterwards, after all of his other options have been exhausted.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:13 am

shyguyflys wrote:I highly doubt that Mark would jump right back into the college thing the moment his YouTube career died down. He would probably wait several years afterwards, after all of his other options have been exhausted.

Maybe...but he's what, 26 now? Assuming he goes another 4-5 years or whatever (I'm hoping he doesn't hit that burn-out wall that seems to affect a lot of long-term LPers) he technically couldn't wait several years if he wanted to go into a more scientific field. Yeah there are more people entering the workforce later in life, but if he waited a few years after "retiring" from Youtube before going back, that's another couple years in college before getting his degree and getting a job. An entry-level position looks a lot different at 32-33 than it would ten years earlier.

I don't know. I think he likes the idea of going back, and may eventually finish to say he did it, but given his creative interests (matched with the ability to make money from them) he probably wouldn't switch fields entirely.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:43 am

kei wrote:
shyguyflys wrote:I highly doubt that Mark would jump right back into the college thing the moment his YouTube career died down. He would probably wait several years afterwards, after all of his other options have been exhausted.

Maybe...but he's what, 26 now? Assuming he goes another 4-5 years or whatever (I'm hoping he doesn't hit that burn-out wall that seems to affect a lot of long-term LPers) he technically couldn't wait several years if he wanted to go into a more scientific field. Yeah there are more people entering the workforce later in life, but if he waited a few years after "retiring" from Youtube before going back, that's another couple years in college before getting his degree and getting a job. An entry-level position looks a lot different at 32-33 than it would ten years earlier.

I don't know. I think he likes the idea of going back, and may eventually finish to say he did it, but given his creative interests (matched with the ability to make money from them) he probably wouldn't switch fields entirely.

That's what makes it the issue, though. I said what I did on the basis that he may have other options with him at the time that he prefers over cubicle work (because that's what a lot of engineering jobs are).

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker

Post by DeathToAllSpiders » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:12 pm

kei wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:

I know of a lot of entertainers who've chosen to go to school at big, publicly accessible, and it doesn't always go badly. I don't know about other countries, but it seems like American campuses tend to have reaaaaaaally strict anti-stalking and harassment policies, and those apply to everyone, including fangirls. If Mark went back to college, then following him around campus or sexually harassing him would mean subjecting yourself to some pretty serious potential penalties and risking your own college career in the process.

He may not be at the right point in his career to do it right now, but I feel like completing his degree or even starting a brand new one would absolutely be an option for Mark, if/when he chooses to go that route. The guy strikes me as really intelligent, and I love watching his engineer's brain wreck challenges in video games. I feel like Mark Fischbach has every bit as much to offer the world as Markiplier does, and any field he chooses to get into in the future would be lucky to have his brain in the mix.

Return to “Markiplier”