We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier's Relationships

User avatar
Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Kierans » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:07 pm

teamnotverified wrote:As for the rest of it, i'm not too interested in exploring Jess' motives with Mark, my issue is PURELY with the way people are talking about that video. There's a disconnect between what you can actually make out on the video, and the things being said. Like, I have no issue with anyone theorising that Jess is a bad person, that she's out for his money or anything like that, I just don't think that that exchange should be used as "evidence", because if it were any normal couple on the street, no one would think twice about a guy giving his GF a bit of cash. Like i've already said, I feel like it's a normal thing to do in a relationship, I buy my partner things sometimes and they buy me things sometimes, and the only reason you're analysing it in such detail and giving the exchange more meaning than it actually has, is because you WANT your suspicions to be confirmed, that she's using him for his money.


What we’re doing in wanting our suspicions to be confirmed is no different from those who are adamant that they are just friends. From what we’ve seen in the past on social media, she has done nothing for him the way he seems to be doing things for her. She has a lot to gain from associating with him, while the reverse is not true for him. Because of this, their interaction did not seem right to me.

teamnotverified
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:48 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by teamnotverified » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:08 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:hat came before. We've seen how she's acted on a variety of social media and he


I'm sorry to be spamming the board with replies and I also apologise if I didn't make myself clear with my (i think?) second message. I'm not concerned with what anyone may think of Jess or her intentions towards Mark, maybe you're all right and she is a gold digger! but I just feel like the video shouldn't be used as 'evidence' that she really is after him for his money, because the video itself is just an innocuous exchange that we can't hear the whole of, so any boring possibility that portrays Jess in a neutral light - e.g. that he owed her some money and forgot to give her it before his signing - is just as likely as any other possibility that paints her in a bad light. I just doesn't sit right that the video came out and people suddenly jumped on it as thought it "proved" anything. There are some facts you can take from the video; that they were together at the con, that she said something to him and he took out his wallet and gave her an amount of money, and then she left. Those are the facts, anything more is just theory and while I don't deny that your (or anyone else's) theory is just as valid is mine, that's all they are, and I feel like that needs to be said

edit: i fucked up the quote and have no idea how to put it right, my bad

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:15 pm

teamnotverified wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:hat came before. We've seen how she's acted on a variety of social media and he


I'm sorry to be spamming the board with replies and I also apologise if I didn't make myself clear with my (i think?) second message. I'm not concerned with what anyone may think of Jess or her intentions towards Mark, maybe you're all right and she is a gold digger! but I just feel like the video shouldn't be used as 'evidence' that she really is after him for his money, because the video itself is just an innocuous exchange that we can't hear the whole of, so any boring possibility that portrays Jess in a neutral light - e.g. that he owed her some money and forgot to give her it before his signing - is just as likely as any other possibility that paints her in a bad light. I just doesn't sit right that the video came out and people suddenly jumped on it as thought it "proved" anything. There are some facts you can take from the video; that they were together at the con, that she said something to him and he took out his wallet and gave her an amount of money, and then she left. Those are the facts, anything more is just theory and while I don't deny that your (or anyone else's) theory is just as valid is mine, that's all they are, and I feel like that needs to be said


And that's fine. I understand your point, it isn't fair to assume it as proof. A lot of it is speculation on our part and your interpretation, though different from ours, is valid and I respect that.

We all have our own thoughts and concerns and we're all welcome to discuss it, even if some are a bit more unpopular than others.

User avatar
shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:22 pm

I think the big issue is that people forget that everything is speculation on here and that people are going to bring different thoughts to the table
(even if that speculation extends into opinion territory). They're going to make different connections. Maybe those connections do not make sense or they're not valid, but still, this is a place where you can openly talk about that. I don't think anyone here is trying to claim as fact that she is a "gold digger". I think they're more so trying to say that that is their opinion. It just looks that more people on that share the same opinion.

At this point, I'm more so here for the posters than for the actual topic.
Image

Chatterbox_380
Talker
Talker
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Chatterbox_380 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:35 pm

teamnotverified wrote:
Chatterbox_380 wrote:
What made me question it is how gleeful she became once he opened his wallet. She was not smiling at all but once she saw him open up that wallet, she started to smile like it was Christmas day. In all of my romantic relationships, I have never smiled when any of my boyfriends opened up their wallet to give me money. Her smiling reminds me of a little kid when their father says, "Okay. I'll get you that." That's why I was creeped out.

I understand that you are a fan of hers and him but sometimes you have to

"LET IT GO, LET IT GOOOOOOOO!!!"


. . . So, there really is nothing I have to "let go", i'm just putting forward how I personally interpreted the situation, the same way everyone else on this forum has done. My theory is no less valid just because it's in the minority.

At first glance it might look like she starts to grin when he gets his wallet out, but i've watched it 10+ times by now and I see quite clearly that she begins grinning when someone in the line makes a comment, and then Mark says "hold your horses!" and her grin gets even wider. . .

As for the rest of it, i'm not too interested in exploring Jess' motives with Mark, my issue is PURELY with the way people are talking about that video. There's a disconnect between what you can actually make out on the video, and the things being said. Like, I have no issue with anyone theorising that Jess is a bad person, that she's out for his money or anything like that, I just don't think that that exchange should be used as "evidence", because if it were any normal couple on the street, no one would think twice about a guy giving his GF a bit of cash. Like i've already said, I feel like it's a normal thing to do in a relationship, I buy my partner things sometimes and they buy me things sometimes, and the only reason you're analysing it in such detail and giving the exchange more meaning than it actually has, is because you WANT your suspicions to be confirmed, that she's using him for his money.


I wasn't basing my opinion on just that interaction. I was basing it on what she's said on her personal twitter and tumblr pages. When they broke up, all she did was mention how her ex blindsided her and was manipulative. She mentioned how she was placed in hospital without her consent and everything else and laid it all out there. Let's also not forget the fact we know that he likes rough sex since someone told everyone on tumblr.

That being said, I'm a little confused because you keep talking about how relationships work with giving each other money. Maybe it's because I'm an old bitch but that I and my friends will do other things to repay their significant other back. We'll use our credit/ debt in a second or we'll just buy the item for the person and say, "We're square." Also, let's look at the bigger picture of their past relationship. This woman has said things on the internet for everyone to see about her ex and how he did her wrong. 6 months later, she's was seen holding hands with him. The same ex who coldly broke up with her and left her life in shambles and she's willing to give it another ago?

So let's agree to disagree on this subject and welcome to gossip guru.
*current game I'm playing* Sim3. (Don't judge me!)

10 inch dicks are like communism.

Great in theory,
terrible in real life.

User avatar
Anchinika
Learner
Learner
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Anchinika » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Well, my personal opinion of Mess has been stated as somewhat neutral. Is she a gold digger? Who knows? Is she just using Mark as a gateway to "fame" or to jumpstart her "career"? Who knows?
I'm just "jumping to my own conclusion" of how she has behaved in the past and this past week. She's smug, ruthless and she seems like a poisonous snake that's waiting to suck the life out of our dear LP'er.
Is that true? Maybe. Maybe not.
For once, I don't hate her but I certainly don't like her. Actually, I have never "called her names", if we are thinking the same name calling. I'm just going with my gut-feeling and it's not positive when I see her anywhere.

As for baiting her into coming to this forum and say some bullcrap... That's unwise. I'll bet she already knows and is likely rubbing her hands together like a spoiled brat that has gotten mommy and daddy into a fight.

As for the money thing - It's not uncommon for couples to ask each other for money. It's natural. It's the way she kind of barged in between fans and Mark like she fucking owned him and then he pulled out his wallet, like it was an old habit. I don't like partners leeching of the others money. There's a difference between lending some money and expecting your partner just to give you money.

That's my 5$ on the matter.
Image

User avatar
shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:39 pm

mariokatty96 wrote:but isn't hand sanitizer actually prone to making you more vulnerable to bacteria since it also kills the good bacteria? i also notice he really doesn't like hugging haha he's always making it some gag or pulling a face or patting their back without touching them lmao. is he a germaphobe or is he just very uncomfortable with touching?


Actually, if you want to know why hand sanitizers aren't that good for you beyond that, I can always put on my science teacher helmet and let you know!

Also, Mark has expressed that he's not too comfortable with touching unless he gives permission for it, but I think that's a lot like other people, too. In fact, I'm the same way when it comes to hugging - maybe a little worse than him because I can't hug 99% of people without getting anxiety from it.
Image

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:46 pm

shyguyflys wrote:
mariokatty96 wrote:but isn't hand sanitizer actually prone to making you more vulnerable to bacteria since it also kills the good bacteria? i also notice he really doesn't like hugging haha he's always making it some gag or pulling a face or patting their back without touching them lmao. is he a germaphobe or is he just very uncomfortable with touching?


Actually, if you want to know why hand sanitizers aren't that good for you beyond that, I can always put on my science teacher helmet and let you know!

Also, Mark has expressed that he's not too comfortable with touching unless he gives permission for it, but I think that's a lot like other people, too. In fact, I'm the same way when it comes to hugging - maybe a little worse than him because I can't hug 99% of people without getting anxiety from it.


Are you a germ phobe? I forgot the actual name but perhaps Mark and you have that phobia!

I think I also heard that certain sanitizers are more bad for you than not using them. In schools teachers by that stuff by the gallons and the kids use them by the gallons [emoji38]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
moran
Informer
Informer
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by moran » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:50 pm

YOOO, I guess we were right with that "she wants him back" theory?! I love this girl, honestly, bless her!

Image
Image

Edit: the gifs were too big lol
Last edited by moran on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Anchinika
Learner
Learner
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Anchinika » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:51 pm

moran wrote:YOOO, I guess we were right with that "she wants him back" theory?! I love this girl, honestly, bless her!

Image
Image


We, literally, have a THEORY?!

Image
Image

foxymoxxy
Debater
Debater
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:06 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by foxymoxxy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:53 pm

First of all, who said they saw them holding hands this week? Secondly, what does him allegedly looming rough sex have shit to do with anything? You need to better support your statements.

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:55 pm

moran wrote:YOOO, I guess we were right with that "she wants him back" theory?! I love this girl, honestly, bless her!

Image
Image


What happened?

User avatar
moran
Informer
Informer
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by moran » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:57 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
moran wrote:YOOO, I guess we were right with that "she wants him back" theory?! I love this girl, honestly, bless her!

Image
Image


What happened?


Nothing much, actually, but I'll send you a pm!
Image

User avatar
Anchinika
Learner
Learner
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Anchinika » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:01 pm

moran wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
moran wrote:YOOO, I guess we were right with that "she wants him back" theory?! I love this girl, honestly, bless her!

Image
Image


What happened?


Nothing much, actually, but I'll send you a pm!


Throw me one, will you dear?
Last edited by Anchinika on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:02 pm

moran wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
moran wrote:YOOO, I guess we were right with that "she wants him back" theory?! I love this girl, honestly, bless her!

Image
Image


What happened?


Nothing much, actually, but I'll send you a pm!


Okay, PM away.

Stream's back on. Doubt she'll be there, but I'll still watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQgk6PALOcA

User avatar
Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Kierans » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:04 pm

shyguyflys wrote:Actually, if you want to know why hand sanitizers aren't that good for you beyond that, I can always put on my science teacher helmet and let you know!


I'd like to hear it! I taught elementary school music for two years, and hand sanitizer was an ever-present fixture on my desk. :roll: The kindergarteners couldn't tie their shoes without trying to douse their hands with it.

And the livestream's back, but now it's just called "Markiplier." :rofl: :rofl:

Edit: And with the PMs, maybe just PM the person you want a response from so we don't spam the thread. :D
Last edited by Kierans on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nerd_bird
Learner
Learner
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:51 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by nerd_bird » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:05 pm

moran wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
moran wrote:YOOO, I guess we were right with that "she wants him back" theory?! I love this girl, honestly, bless her!

Image
Image


What happened?


Nothing much, actually, but I'll send you a pm!


Me too please?
Chirp chirp goes the lurker bird :v

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Kierans wrote:
shyguyflys wrote:Actually, if you want to know why hand sanitizers aren't that good for you beyond that, I can always put on my science teacher helmet and let you know!


I'd like to hear it! I taught elementary school music for two years, and hand sanitizer was an ever-present fixture on my desk. :roll: The kindergarteners couldn't tie their shoes without trying to douse their hands with it.

And the livestream's back, but now it's just called "Markiplier." :rofl: :rofl:


Guess they know who's the most popular. Strangely they had the camera focused on Tom for a while, but he wasn't doing much. I think he's even more introverted than Mark.

User avatar
shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:10 pm

Gorillaz1236 wrote:
shyguyflys wrote:
Actually, if you want to know why hand sanitizers aren't that good for you beyond that, I can always put on my science teacher helmet and let you know!

Also, Mark has expressed that he's not too comfortable with touching unless he gives permission for it, but I think that's a lot like other people, too. In fact, I'm the same way when it comes to hugging - maybe a little worse than him because I can't hug 99% of people without getting anxiety from it.


Are you a germ phobe? I forgot the actual name but perhaps Mark and you have that phobia!

I think I also heard that certain sanitizers are more bad for you than not using them. In schools teachers by that stuff by the gallons and the kids use them by the gallons


Nope, I don't suffer from mysophobia, and I don't believe that Mark does, too. I think for him, it's just that there is a super increased risk of him getting sick from the people he comes into contact with because he doesn't know where their hands have been (I don't mean that in a dirty way, either). It's more of a protective measure than anything.

Also, you heard right. Triclosan is an ingredient used in many nonalcoholic hand sanitizers, deodorants, and other products that is connected with many bad long-term effects, such as hormone disruption and bacterial resistance. Furthermore, there's no evidence provided as of late that says that triclosan is any better of a source for disease protection than simple hand washing. Plus, nonalcoholic hand sanitizers (which triclosan is in) aren't even more effective at the job than alcohol-based hand sanitizers. So, if you cannot get to a sink to do proper hand washing, alcohol-based hand sanitizers are the next best thing, given that they have 60% or more alcohol in them. However, it's good to note that alcohol cannot clean visibly dirty hands.

I think that Mark already knows this, though.
Image

User avatar
shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:11 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
Guess they know who's the most popular. Strangely they had the camera focused on Tom for a while, but he wasn't doing much. I think he's even more introverted than Mark.


I believe that it's been noted before by either Tom or Mark that Tom doesn't like to be in front of the camera.
Image

User avatar
Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by Kierans » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Does Mark seem kinda salty right now or is that just me? :|

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Kierans wrote:Does Mark seem kinda salty right now or is that just me? :|


He's definitely being a sassy sue. But I think it's all in fun.

User avatar
moran
Informer
Informer
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by moran » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:19 pm

Kierans wrote:Does Mark seem kinda salty right now or is that just me? :|


No, I just said "wow, rude!" outloud lol, and the face he did when that girl hugged him, oooh boy (but I feel you Mark, I do! Be strong for the both of us!)
But yeah, as Monkeebutt said!
Image

User avatar
shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:24 pm

Hm, we get off track on here so much lol. I wonder if maybe we should just call this thread a good run and go back to posting everything on the main thread? I wish we could just change this topic's name to "More Markiplier" at this point. :rofl:
Image

User avatar
moran
Informer
Informer
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships

Post by moran » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:27 pm

shyguyflys wrote:Hm, we get off track on here so much lol. I wonder if maybe we should just call this thread a good run and go back to posting everything on the main thread? I wish we could just change this topic's name to "More Markiplier" at this point. :rofl:


Or we could call this thread the Mess Effect, it would explain all the posts related to his recent weird behaviour?!
Image

Locked

Return to “Markiplier”