We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Desert Wind
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by Desert Wind » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Carry on, kids. :tu:
Just Me :D
Mod Hat On :D

frogert
Informer
Informer

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by frogert » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Ahhh that's better, thank you again mods!!

It was getting a bit crowded at the old one[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Everyone thought I was being a bitch, when all I was doing was being brutally honest" - Santana Lopez :love2:

PythonMonty96
Debater
Debater

Post by PythonMonty96 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:21 pm

It only took us four days to get a second thread. Good job everyone :tu:

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:22 pm

PythonMonty96 wrote:It only took us four days to get a second thread. Good job everyone :tu:

And all thanks to mess!!!

frogert
Informer
Informer

Post by frogert » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:23 pm

PythonMonty96 wrote:It only took us four days to get a second thread. Good job everyone :tu:

Started from the bottom now we here.

[emoji23][emoji23]

"Everyone thought I was being a bitch, when all I was doing was being brutally honest" - Santana Lopez :love2:

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:24 pm

I consider that a record. I don't know if we can beat that lol.

PythonMonty96
Debater
Debater

Post by PythonMonty96 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Gorillaz1236 wrote:

Everyone should send a random "Thank You" tweet to her 8-)

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:25 pm

frogert wrote:

Started from the bottom now we here.

:rofl: :rofl:

I don't think there will be much to report on this topic until after Comic-Con ends.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:25 pm

PythonMonty96 wrote:
Gorillaz1236 wrote:

Should we, cause I'm down!

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Personally, that's not my style. Furthermore, I hate Twitter with a passion.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:26 pm

PythonMonty96 wrote:
Gorillaz1236 wrote:

Eh...let's not. We're here to speculate, not spam! :P

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Kierans wrote:
Eh...let's not. We're here to speculate, not spam! :P

I highly agree with you on that, Kierans. That can come off as if we're asking for trouble, unless that is what some of you are looking for.

PythonMonty96
Debater
Debater

Post by PythonMonty96 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:29 pm

Maybe if we finish this thread in four days, then we can do it ;)

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:32 pm

I go away for a few hours to have dinner with my in-laws and come back to this??? Mark's cell phone sized bone and him becoming Korean Jesus??? I knew I would love this place.
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:33 pm

I know it's selfish of me, but I'll add that I really like chatting with you all. I'd rather not bring the wrath of the fandom down on our heads. :) I'm uncomfortable with spamming anyone (though some would argue that the existence of this forum constitutes a form of harassment :roll: ).

But do what y'all like.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:37 pm

PsychGrad0317 wrote:I go away for a few hours to have dinner with my in-laws and come back to this??? Mark's cell phone sized bone and him becoming Korean Jesus??? I knew I would love this place.

Well, I'm glad that you decided to join us since you feel that way then.

TinyUnicorn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TinyUnicorn » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:40 pm

I've been away all day and feel like I've missed out on so much!

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Kierans wrote:I know it's selfish of me, but I'll add that I really like chatting with you all. I'd rather not bring the wrath of the fandom down on our heads. :) I'm uncomfortable with spamming anyone (though some would argue that the existence of this forum constitutes a form of harassment :roll: ).

But do what y'all like.

Likewise, Kierans. Despite the ups and downs, you all know that I have your back.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Kierans wrote:I know it's selfish of me, but I'll add that I really like chatting with you all. I'd rather not bring the wrath of the fandom down on our heads. :) I'm uncomfortable with spamming anyone (though some would argue that the existence of this forum constitutes a form of harassment :roll: ).

But do what y'all like.

Likewise, Kierans. Despite our ups and downs, you all know that I got your back.

PythonMonty96
Debater
Debater

Post by PythonMonty96 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:44 pm

PsychGrad0317 wrote:I go away for a few hours to have dinner with my in-laws and come back to this??? Mark's cell phone sized bone and him becoming Korean Jesus??? I knew I would love this place.
shyguyflys wrote:

But do what y'all like.

But do what y'all like.

Likewise, Kierans. Despite the ups and downs, you all know that I have your back.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:53 pm

But sadly, I may have to leave you all for a few days. I'm starting to get really sick. So much for my free weekend... If you need me or want to talk, you can PM.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:58 pm

shyguyflys wrote:But sadly, I may have to leave you all for a few days. I'm starting to get really sick. So much for my free weekend... If you need me or want to talk, you can PM.

Feel better shy! Perhaps use those tips I sent for some help!

boldnewtaste
Debater
Debater

Post by boldnewtaste » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:06 pm

*sniffs*

that new thread smell

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Sorry for the wall of text up front. :P Just humor me, here. I'm watching the livestream as I speak and am getting a number of closely-related thoughts lodged in my brain pan.

I'm irritated that no one in the "Markiplier4eva" camp really seems to get it. Though I can't always blame them the way some of these convos go. :P But really, a lot of us aren't trying to trash someone's image because it's fun, we just want a legit answer that neither party is willing to give. He's offered real, honest explanations or apologies to people in the past, and regardless of your opinion whether those apologies were warranted, he still made them because he understood people were hurt. But hinting vaguely at the relationship with pictures followed by video evidence of them going to cons and such together, then clamming up like it's a dirty secret when the usual internet sleuthing just happens to strike gold, is insulting to a good portion of a fanbase he otherwise speaks to quite candidly.

As others already said, just being like "hey I don't talk about relationships, get over it" would still be an acknowledgment of the elephant in the room, and it seems like that's all people are asking for. Hell, I think most would be happy with a simple "fuck off" at this point as long as they acknowledged that this relationship idea isn't coming out of nowhere. Why is he frightened of it? That's why it's disturbing: while literally all his other friends with an online presence have been open about their SO, he creates such a vacuum of silence around the topic that it's now conspicuous because of its absence. Know what I'm saying? And yeah, by virtue of the fact his internet celebrity status is essentially his entire life at the moment, his silence is now hurting her and her image, because it treats her like a non-entity in his life. And...I think she realizes that too, on some level. Even now. She might romanticize the notion to justify it, but since he never talks about it, ever, that's the only interpretation left.

From what I can tell, people didn't care that much about the rumors and crap until he started showing up again in her pictures less than 6 months after a rather messy (no pun here, I don't ever plan to use that nickname) and semi-public breakup. No, she didn't outright call him by name, but came so close to it that anyone who was following her at the time knew exactly who those posts and tweets were about. Considering she was in a dark spot I don't blame her for sharing her pain and lashing out the only way she was able, though I believe it was out of fear of reprisal and not respect that she left his name out.

I think that caused a dividing line at some point, with both sides pointing back to those darker days as a good example of why this is a bad idea. The timing was also weird, with the discovery happening right around the 8 million reaction video that left the non star-struck viewers wondering why he seemed so off. Not to mention the shitstorm that was his channel feed for the couple of weeks after that. He's starting to get back to his normal videos, but if anyone's noticed, he also alternates between being way more reserved than normal (for him) and hiding almost 100% behind the arrogant, "sassy smart-talking asshole" persona with little variation in between. In a way he's playing it safe, hiding behind the Markiplier character he created, and that is the weird thing about all this. Even with 5, 6, 7 million subscribers he still found a way to be genuine. Why did that change now?

That's not a rumor. That's basic human observation. You only play it safe when you're afraid of something changing or of losing something. But I wonder if he even understands what it is he's afraid of losing.

It doesn't matter to me what people are saying about the relationship. I'd say the same is true for a lot of people, even many lurkers here. All I know is that spark of genuine whatever that he's always had looked like it damn near imploded on him in that reaction video and I haven't seen it since. Not even a trace. I'm not angry, or bitter, I'm just kind of sad. I just want to know what happened that a guy who made a name for himself by just being himself and sharing his sillyness with the world is now hiding behind a moniker that overshadowed him.

I'll still watch his videos, that'll never change, but instead of enjoying them it's more like I'm waiting for him to snap out of it. Whether she's the cause, or might be the cure, for whatever the hell happened remains to be seen, but people can only judge based on the information they're given. And since his subscribers aren't actually given any info, I'm sure we'll keep seeing theories that range from outlandish to dead-on. But as much as he tries to pretend there's nothing going on, and as much as his more hardcore tumblr fans try to preserve that stupid cinnamon roll image, this will never really go away. And I wait for the day one of those subscribers will work up the courage to ask him about her during a panel, at risk of being shunned by him and his underage, X-rated fanfic-writing community. There's a reason this incident opened the floodgates to the GG forum.

Like I said, I'm watching the livestream as I type this. Someone mentioned he looked "relaxed", but to me it's still 100% Markiplier, not even 0.1% Mark. That persona thing I'm talking about is right there, and it's been there since the moment he realized he was on camera yesterday. Yeah okay I get it, he always gets cocky during signings, but I have yet to see a single genuinely human vibe from him (except when he talks to the younger kids or where he said he wants the reaction vids to be happy). It's like he shut that part down entirely so he can be exactly who he thinks the fans want to see. Is the only feedback he's getting from his fans the idea that he needs to be all Markiplier all the time?

Damn. Now that I think about it, is this really all people expect from him now? It's kind of depressing. It feels weird to say it, but he's now starting to act like every other big YouTuber with a loud but bland personality when we know he's not like that at all. Well, not bland anyway. But this signing livestream I'm watching...the way he's acting, I wouldn't want to be a part of it. At all. Why do none of his "omgnoticemesenpai!!1!!" acknowledge this? When did he become a parody of himself? And why are people okay with that?

/rant off
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

DollySmooth
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DollySmooth » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:19 pm

kei wrote:Sorry for the wall of text up front. :P Just humor me, here. I'm watching the livestream as I speak and am getting a number of closely-related thoughts lodged in my brain pan.

I'm irritated that no one in the "Markiplier4eva" camp really seems to get it. Though I can't always blame them the way some of these convos go. :P But really, a lot of us aren't trying to trash someone's image because it's fun, we just want a legit answer that neither party is willing to give. He's offered real, honest explanations or apologies to people in the past, and regardless of your opinion whether those apologies were warranted, he still made them because he understood people were hurt. But hinting vaguely at the relationship with pictures followed by video evidence of them going to cons and such together, then clamming up like it's a dirty secret when the usual internet sleuthing just happens to strike gold, is insulting to a good portion of a fanbase he otherwise speaks to quite candidly.

As others already said, just being like "hey I don't talk about relationships, get over it" would still be an acknowledgment of the elephant in the room, and it seems like that's all people are asking for. Hell, I think most would be happy with a simple "fuck off" at this point as long as they acknowledged that this relationship idea isn't coming out of nowhere. Why is he frightened of it? That's why it's disturbing: while literally all his other friends with an online presence have been open about their SO, he creates such a vacuum of silence around the topic that it's now conspicuous because of its absence. Know what I'm saying? And yeah, by virtue of the fact his internet celebrity status is essentially his entire life at the moment, his silence is now hurting her and her image, because it treats her like a non-entity in his life. And...I think she realizes that too, on some level. Even now. She might romanticize the notion to justify it, but since he never talks about it, ever, that's the only interpretation left.

From what I can tell, people didn't care that much about the rumors and crap until he started showing up again in her pictures less than 6 months after a rather messy (no pun here, I don't ever plan to use that nickname) and semi-public breakup. No, she didn't outright call him by name, but came so close to it that anyone who was following her at the time knew exactly who those posts and tweets were about. Considering she was in a dark spot I don't blame her for sharing her pain and lashing out the only way she was able, though I believe it was out of fear of reprisal and not respect that she left his name out.

I think that caused a dividing line at some point, with both sides pointing back to those darker days as a good example of why this is a bad idea. The timing was also weird, with the discovery happening right around the 8 million reaction video that left the non star-struck viewers wondering why he seemed so off. Not to mention the shitstorm that was his channel feed for the couple of weeks after that. He's starting to get back to his normal videos, but if anyone's noticed, he also alternates between being way more reserved than normal (for him) and hiding almost 100% behind the arrogant, "sassy smart-talking asshole" persona with little variation in between. In a way he's playing it safe, hiding behind the Markiplier character he created, and that is the weird thing about all this. Even with 5, 6, 7 million subscribers he still found a way to be genuine. Why did that change now?

That's not a rumor. That's basic human observation. You only play it safe when you're afraid of something changing or of losing something. But I wonder if he even understands what it is he's afraid of losing.

It doesn't matter to me what people are saying about the relationship. I'd say the same is true for a lot of people, even many lurkers here. All I know is that spark of genuine whatever that he's always had looked like it damn near imploded on him in that reaction video and I haven't seen it since. Not even a trace. I'm not angry, or bitter, I'm just kind of sad. I just want to know what happened that a guy who made a name for himself by just being himself and sharing his sillyness with the world is now hiding behind a moniker that overshadowed him.

I'll still watch his videos, that'll never change, but instead of enjoying them it's more like I'm waiting for him to snap out of it. Whether she's the cause, or might be the cure, for whatever the hell happened remains to be seen, but people can only judge based on the information they're given. And since his subscribers aren't actually given any info, I'm sure we'll keep seeing theories that range from outlandish to dead-on. But as much as he tries to pretend there's nothing going on, and as much as his more hardcore tumblr fans try to preserve that stupid cinnamon roll image, this will never really go away. And I wait for the day one of those subscribers will work up the courage to ask him about her during a panel, at risk of being shunned by him and his underage, X-rated fanfic-writing community. There's a reason this incident opened the floodgates to the GG forum.

Like I said, I'm watching the livestream as I type this. Someone mentioned he looked "relaxed", but to me it's still 100% Markiplier, not even 0.1% Mark. That persona thing I'm talking about is right there, and it's been there since the moment he realized he was on camera yesterday. Yeah okay I get it, he always gets cocky during signings, but I have yet to see a single genuinely human vibe from him (except when he talks to the younger kids or where he said he wants the reaction vids to be happy). It's like he shut that part down entirely so he can be exactly who he thinks the fans want to see. Is the only feedback he's getting from his fans the idea that he needs to be all Markiplier all the time?

Damn. Now that I think about it, is this really all people expect from him now? It's kind of depressing. It feels weird to say it, but he's now starting to act like every other big YouTuber with a loud but bland personality when we know he's not like that at all. Well, not bland anyway. But this signing livestream I'm watching...the way he's acting, I wouldn't want to be a part of it. At all. Why do none of his "omgnoticemesenpai!!1!!" acknowledge this? When did he become a parody of himself? And why are people okay with that?

/rant off

Girl you nailed it. For the past few days I've been wondering just how often people ask about Mark. Not Markiplier. It's like no one realizes that those two are now completely different from each other. It's troubling :/
We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Return to “Markiplier”