We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

User avatar
shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by shyguyflys » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:52 pm

Nobody on here has the right to play as an angel. We're no better than anyone else; I believe that nobody on here has ever said that. However, I find it silly to just say that it's all completely GG's fault when there's not just one place or person to blame here. Everyone on here is responsible for saying what they have, but why are some people choosing to believe complete strangers in the first place? If you're asking yourself that question, you know that there's a much bigger problem at hand than anyone is willing to admit to.
Image

foxymoxxy
Debater
Debater
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:06 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by foxymoxxy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:54 pm

You're either a white knight, someone who knows her personally, or jess herself. I'm 100% sure of ANY of those three possibilities and I will not be surprised either way. Something is bound to give you away, username. I've got a nasty feeling about you.

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 8:53 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by PsychGrad0317 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:01 pm

I like the fact that you're assuming, Username, that we're not taking responsibility for what we say. That's funny. Really, it's amusing. I post on here with the knowledge that I found this board on a Google search and I believe it was listed on the first page. So when I post on here, I know that anyone who types "Markiplier" into Google is going to find this site. I don't have as much confidence as some that Mark has been here and seen what we've said, but I'm fully aware that he could have seen it. I stand behind everything that I've said. I would never have said it in the first place if I didn't feel it to be true.

You're very judgmental and quick to point fingers. That's fine. I know everyone gets that way sometimes. However, I think you've got a bug up your butt about something more than just whatever perceived wrong that you are trying to correct. Out with it. What have we done that's caused you to come and dump this on us, then leave? Not just your perception of us, but the reality of it. What did we do to piss you off?
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

User avatar
Immabatman
Debater
Debater
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by Immabatman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:07 pm

CleverUsername wrote:Hi there all,
Long time lurker, First time (and last time) poster here. I have dipped into the forums causally since I found out about it up until Anime Expo. Now I’m slightly ashamed to say I check almost every day. I’m not going to get into the ethics of picking people apart on a public forum, because as a reader of said forum, that would make me a hypocrite. Even if I had totally valid reasons for being here. But I do have some thoughts and opinions I would like to share. You don’t have to agree with me. Who am I to call people out for joyously insinuating a person is a “gold digger” “mentally ill” “abusive” “manipulative” and any of the other fantastic terms that have been thrown around on this forum. I mean, it’s so much fun to destroy some ones image with no repercussions am I right?! Its all “just gossip”. Gossip can’t possibly hurt anyone right? Make them feel worthless, or like they’ve failed as a person. Nah. People on this site are totally self aware. If anyone believes what’s written here, they’re the irresponsible ones, right? RIGHT? But I Digress, there are some observations I’d like to add to my salt pile before I leave. There were several mentions of “denial” of Jess’s existence in the fan base. I would like to add that perhaps many people are aware of her and her relationship to Mark, and don’t really give a fuck. Those fans just want to watch videos and have a good time. I like those fans. Then we’ve got the Tumblr crowd. Admittedly, there are some obsessive blogs in the tag, but again, MOST of the blogs on Tumblr are pretty normal. Twitter is the same story. The loud minority, vrs the relatively quiet masses. The only site where I have seen actual, toxic rumors spread and hurt people in real life, is this little gem here. GuruGossip is the very thing it accuses other sites of being. Oh but I can already hear your perfectly reasonable responses. Gurugossip is a safe place for likeminded fans to discuss their interests. Keep up your gossip, by all means. Don’t take responsibility for your actions! Let no one clip your wings. Don’t let me stop your fun, because it is fun isn’t it ladies? That’s what keeps you coming back day after day. But don’t pretend you’re the best of the fandom. I have to conclude that you either have no idea how influential this forum has become, or you do know and it makes you feel special. Never mind the consequences and the very real effect you have on people. You’re the worst type of people. You’re not wanted in this fandom. Glad I could get that off my chest.


Hum. I don't see anybody as the best fandom. No one is the best fandom dear. No one is especial. We are just normal persons discussing theories about it. About tumblr, I see many wonderful persons on the fandom, and others not so much. It's not the rose garden that you see. About Me$$, I don't want to judge as his ex, and yes a cosplayer, because I still respect her. I only wish her the best and be a good cosplayer , and sometimes I talk about her because of her actions, but it does not mean I'm right about her .You say that we are the worst, but you can check the whole day here ,in other words, even if you participate indirectly, you are part of it. And if a person comes here, it is the responsibility of the person to believe or not what we discussed this site, just like you and the other guest. We are not here to spread lies and say we have always known it all, we are here only to discuss mainly the social networks (twitter, tumblr and youtube) but in public.

You can't come simply put all the blame for us. Tumblr and Twitter also was blame on this .You and many others here are no saint or angel to judge the victim. The worst people are those who are not honest, not are those that open the mind to the world as the philosophy and sociology is to open discussions, but people who do not have honesty to admit their sins and put blame what is not true. If you judge so much to us, why do you keep reading our conversations? Why will judge us who are the worst if you still reading? I know I'm not wise in words, but I know that you think very bad people just by reading and why we are in such site. Nobody wants to hurt anybody or influence decisions in a snap. If you came judge only that, I'm sorry, but that alone will not solve anything. If that hurt you, I apologize.
Image

foxymoxxy
Debater
Debater
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:06 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by foxymoxxy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:16 pm

Also I don't think you really care. A person who cares wouldn't rant and ditch and wait for reactions. A person who cares is gonna defend their position by actually having a conversation! Your strategy is only making her look worse as a self proclaimed supporter. Step into the light, Caroline.

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:02 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by DeathToAllSpiders » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:26 pm

CleverUsername wrote:No one here is willing to admit that they're responsible for what they've written? Honestly are you going to keep hiding behind the "well its not my fault if someone believes it"? Can't you see how messed up that is?


You whip out this responsibility card like it's some sort of challenge.

When I say things, I expect people to hold me responsible for them. If you hold me to anything less than that, that's on you - but don't waltz in here like you invented the concept of owning the shit that comes out of your own mouth.

As for the opinions other people have expressed, I don't necessarily agree with them. Some I disagree with outright. Some of it, in my opinion, is very messed up.

But here's a fun fact about the really-real world - people say all sorts of shit you don't like. People's opinions are not always respectful and caring and considerate. This is something you cannot and will not ever control.

You can express your opinions here as freely as anyone else. They don't have to be right, or even palatable. They don't have to make anyone feel good.

Feel free to tell me exactly how you feel about anything I've said here, and I will guarantee you an actual conversation.

If you've got issues with things other people have said, take it up with them. If you've got issues with their right to say those things in a forum like this one, consider your own right to voice your opinions of them.
Last edited by DeathToAllSpiders on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CleverUsername
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by CleverUsername » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:27 pm

foxymoxxy wrote:Also I don't think you really care. A person who cares wouldn't rant and ditch and wait for reactions. A person who cares is gonna defend their position by actually having a conversation! Your strategy is only making her look worse as a self proclaimed supporter. Step into the light, Caroline.

I don't understand what you mean. How is supporting a person going to make that person look bad? I literally only want one thing. I want the people who regularly comment on this forum to understand that no matter how many times they claim it is just gossip, people are still going to take it at face value. GG is the epicenter that people get their information from. You may not like it, but its true. Isn't there some way to discuss the things you want to without dragging people through the mud on a public forum?
I guess this is my life now...

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:31 pm

CleverUsername wrote:
foxymoxxy wrote:Also I don't think you really care. A person who cares wouldn't rant and ditch and wait for reactions. A person who cares is gonna defend their position by actually having a conversation! Your strategy is only making her look worse as a self proclaimed supporter. Step into the light, Caroline.

I don't understand what you mean. How is supporting a person going to make that person look bad? I literally only want one thing. I want the people who regularly comment on this forum to understand that no matter how many times they claim it is just gossip, people are still going to take it at face value. GG is the epicenter that people get their information from. You may not like it, but its true. Isn't there some way to discuss the things you want to without dragging people through the mud on a public forum?



Yes. We are an epicenter of information after reddit (they've been at it longer than us actually)

But we put up disclaimers on to TAKE WHAT WE SAY WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. And who says we always agree with each other. We speculate.

And remember Marks apology to the pissbabies on tumblr? How he said defending in his name is a bad thing to do because it makes HIM LOOK BAD IN THE END. Same with you and Mess.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

foxymoxxy
Debater
Debater
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:06 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by foxymoxxy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:43 pm

CleverUsername wrote:
foxymoxxy wrote:Also I don't think you really care. A person who cares wouldn't rant and ditch and wait for reactions. A person who cares is gonna defend their position by actually having a conversation! Your strategy is only making her look worse as a self proclaimed supporter. Step into the light, Caroline.

I don't understand what you mean. How is supporting a person going to make that person look bad? I literally only want one thing. I want the people who regularly comment on this forum to understand that no matter how many times they claim it is just gossip, people are still going to take it at face value. GG is the epicenter that people get their information from. You may not like it, but its true. Isn't there some way to discuss the things you want to without dragging people through the mud on a public forum?


No no no no no, you misunderstand. It's the WAY you show your support that's a problem. You come here all passive aggressive actin like you ain't gonna say anything else because you're Miss Right, all in Jess' name. If you approach us at a level 7, you best believe we're gonna match you at the same level. If you meet us at ground level we'll meet you there too. Also "no one wants you in the Fandom"? Not a real markiplite. What you want is basically us to take accountability for other people's actions. If I tell you to jump off a cliff without seeing how far down it is would you do it?

User avatar
Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by Kierans » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:46 pm

CleverUsername wrote:
foxymoxxy wrote:Also I don't think you really care. A person who cares wouldn't rant and ditch and wait for reactions. A person who cares is gonna defend their position by actually having a conversation! Your strategy is only making her look worse as a self proclaimed supporter. Step into the light, Caroline.

I don't understand what you mean. How is supporting a person going to make that person look bad? I literally only want one thing. I want the people who regularly comment on this forum to understand that no matter how many times they claim it is just gossip, people are still going to take it at face value. GG is the epicenter that people get their information from. You may not like it, but its true. Isn't there some way to discuss the things you want to without dragging people through the mud on a public forum?


You make them look bad by ranting and name-calling instead of explaining yourself. I completely understand that some people may take what we say at face value (they really shouldn't since we're just speculating based on what we see on social media and such, as was already said). Still, that isn't going to make me suddenly change what I want to say out of fear that I'll be misunderstood. I'm a fan of Mark's, but I'm not going to heap him with praise if I think he's done something wrong. How else would you suggest that we discuss Mark and the people/topics surrounding him? I'd like to know.

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:02 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by DeathToAllSpiders » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:53 pm

CleverUsername wrote:I don't understand what you mean. How is supporting a person going to make that person look bad? I literally only want one thing. I want the people who regularly comment on this forum to understand that no matter how many times they claim it is just gossip, people are still going to take it at face value. GG is the epicenter that people get their information from. You may not like it, but its true. Isn't there some way to discuss the things you want to without dragging people through the mud on a public forum?


I won't pretend that reading this forum would feel good, if I were in Mark and/or Jess's shoes.

In fact, I know for sure that it wouldn't feel good to me, because I have been in Jess's shoes. I have been a "secret girlfriend" and the subject of a rumor mill. That isn't something I've chosen to discuss here, and it's not something I'm going to discuss in detail now, but I want to be clear that I've considered all of this from Mark and Jess's perspective.

But personally, people's freedom to express their opinions and theories outweighs my own comfort in my priority scale. I cannot and will not speak for anyone else, but I feel very comfortable saying that I would defend this forum even if it were about me.

I would never participate in it. I would probably cry. I would sit behind my computer screen exploding with misconceptions that I wanted to clear up. Been there. Done that. Feels like shit.

But people need to say these things. The harder you try to drive a rumor mill underground, the more likely it is to explode in your face. That's why, as uncomfortable as a public forum like this one makes me on many levels, I'd rather see a community have a place to speak their minds than benefit from other people being pushed into the shadows.

I'm not here to white knight this cause. These are my feelings, and my feelings only. They don't make a forum like this one valid or invalid - like everything else that gets posted here, this is just an opinion from one person's perspective.

If you disagree, that's fine. I'll do my best to treat your feelings on the subject with respect, but I'll ask you to do the same in return.

User avatar
Immabatman
Debater
Debater
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by Immabatman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:56 pm

CleverUsername wrote:
foxymoxxy wrote:Also I don't think you really care. A person who cares wouldn't rant and ditch and wait for reactions. A person who cares is gonna defend their position by actually having a conversation! Your strategy is only making her look worse as a self proclaimed supporter. Step into the light, Caroline.

I don't understand what you mean. How is supporting a person going to make that person look bad? I literally only want one thing. I want the people who regularly comment on this forum to understand that no matter how many times they claim it is just gossip, people are still going to take it at face value. GG is the epicenter that people get their information from. You may not like it, but its true. Isn't there some way to discuss the things you want to without dragging people through the mud on a public forum?


Reddit is way more long that GG. Also, some closed group on facebook is also talk about some parts about we talk about ( some of you , I pm that chat about that guy)
And once again, if this was a influence, tumblr and twitter were already posting about it, like one year ago or last year. But no. For a discussion will not influence quickly what are you really thinking . They could probably accept or reject. That depends on each person who reads.Influences are our choices we make in order to have, believe and know something and not something we have seen and just believe the first time. Please guests, you can accept or not our discussions. We are not here to influence you guys.
I understand that you came in good intentions ( or not), but we are not the problem here my dear.
Image

User avatar
kayuhsee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:13 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by kayuhsee » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:00 pm

CleverUsername wrote:I don't understand what you mean. How is supporting a person going to make that person look bad? I literally only want one thing. I want the people who regularly comment on this forum to understand that no matter how many times they claim it is just gossip, people are still going to take it at face value. GG is the epicenter that people get their information from. You may not like it, but its true. Isn't there some way to discuss the things you want to without dragging people through the mud on a public forum?

Really though I doubt this is really effecting Mark. I mean lbr. People like you are going to come onto this site, think we are slandering both him and Jess, and write us off as petty bitches. His subs are no way going down drastically because of our information. Plus all the info we post is there. We aren't digging around and asking his second cousin once removed if he has been in a relationship with Jess or not.
Last edited by kayuhsee on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

CleverUsername
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by CleverUsername » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:04 pm

OK. You're right. I came in with guns blazing because I expected to be attacked. I wasn't expecting logical answers. Bear with me because I'm not sure how to go about this now. Many of the things that have been said on this site, even in jest, have been malicious. I am wrong to group everyone into the same boat on that, I'm sorry if you were one of the people who felt pigeon holed. But there are things that have been said that were just plain wrong. I want the people who joke about this to realize that your posts cause repercussions. I wanted to see you all as bad people but I'm making the same mistake I'm accusing you of making. It's easier to assume that motives are black and white. It's easier to assume that situations aren't complicated. But it is the curse of our species to complicate things. Ideally I would like this thread to die out, but I can see that's unrealistic now. All I can do is ask people to think about what they put here. You're all being very civil right now but some of the things previously written about both parties made my blood boil. Many and more are going to see it and there won't be any closure from the horses mouth.
I guess this is my life now...

User avatar
Cat_Lady22
Debater
Debater
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:34 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by Cat_Lady22 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:05 pm

With all due respect, posters on the GG forums, aren't always going to 'sugar coat' their opinions to make them more palatable to other posters or lurkers. Some of us are very blunt when giving these opinions. :respekt:

foxymoxxy
Debater
Debater
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:06 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by foxymoxxy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:07 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. NO ONE can play the blame game. It's not just twitter or Facebook or instagram or tumblr or GG or mark or jess- it's a little bit of all of us. We just happen to have the most space and comfort to elaborate on this topic.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:18 pm

CleverUsername wrote:OK. You're right. I came in with guns blazing because I expected to be attacked. I wasn't expecting logical answers. Bear with me because I'm not sure how to go about this now. Many of the things that have been said on this site, even in jest, have been malicious. I am wrong to group everyone into the same boat on that, I'm sorry if you were one of the people who felt pigeon holed. But there are things that have been said that were just plain wrong. I want the people who joke about this to realize that your posts cause repercussions. I wanted to see you all as bad people but I'm making the same mistake I'm accusing you of making. It's easier to assume that motives are black and white. It's easier to assume that situations aren't complicated. But it is the curse of our species to complicate things. Ideally I would like this thread to die out, but I can see that's unrealistic now. All I can do is ask people to think about what they put here. You're all being very civil right now but some of the things previously written about both parties made my blood boil. Many and more are going to see it and there won't be any closure from the horses mouth.


We are civil. We treat you the way you treat us. If you come with acid and flame we give it back. You come to us civily on a matter we act civily in return.

Like we keep saying. GG, this thread in particular is about speculating the behaviors and situations of said person. Yes we get malicious. But the only person we let have it with no sympathy is Ken.

It may not seem like it, but we do give a huge fuck about Mark and Jess. Those two seem to have a large correlations with each other. Her behavior can effect him and his can effect his audience/fandom.

We advise no one bring everything we say to tumblr or the groups because that's in the line of Marks sight, and many people aren't able to speculate safely or twist our words.

When Mark feels bad or something's not right, do we wave it off and say whatever? You saw how when he was under stress, his quality went down.
He's put his heart into his community and fans and treats us as friends and people. In return we can at least acknowledge his down times or times he's not acting right and use our natural human curiousity to talk about it.

If your friend was feeling down, do you sweep it under a rug?

And Jess. We want what best for her. I think she has a great chance at showing us what she can do with her career in Cosplay and youtube.
But we want her to do so in her own name. If she's to bent up with Mark, we fear her only label will be "Marks ex" and not "Jess the Cosplayer".

Our words our brutal but at times its out of the fact we care. We care enough not to sugar coat. If we continue to sugar coat how will they not know the errors of what they are doing.

It's a domino effect


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
kayuhsee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:13 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by kayuhsee » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Gorillaz1236 wrote:But the only person we let have it with no sympathy is Ken.

Gotta pick on salty ken any chance we get :lol:
Image

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by kei » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:24 pm

DeathToAllSpiders wrote:But personally, people's freedom to express their opinions and theories outweighs my own comfort in my priority scale. I cannot and will not speak for anyone else, but I feel very comfortable saying that I would defend this forum even if it were about me.

I would never participate in it. I would probably cry. I would sit behind my computer screen exploding with misconceptions that I wanted to clear up. Been there. Done that. Feels like shit.

But people need to say these things. The harder you try to drive a rumor mill underground, the more likely it is to explode in your face.

This. This is the entire reason this thread exists. (Also DeathToAllSpiders, I am legit sorry you went through that yourself. No one should ever have to deal with such a heavy burden.)

That's why I keep drawing parallels between Mark's way of handling the SO issue and Jack's. The minute Jack knew people noticed Wiishu, he spoke up that it was true but a "private matter". That statement respected the intelligence of his fans and Wiishu herself, so she didn't have to hide. For the most part, from what I can tell the fans have responded in kind. That never happened with Mark, the guy who portrays himself as always being upfront and open to questions. For a non-suspicious guy to do something, well, suspicious, it raises more questions that casts him in a somewhat unforgiving light.

As I said, with some variations among the members, I still see more respect for both Mark and his recent ex here than I ever have on tumblr or twitter. Actual respect, not "omg ur a kawaii cinnamon bun have my babies" respect. With that also comes some legit constructive criticism, which Mark has always asked for but appears to be getting less of the more glitter-blinded fans he gathers.

And in a way, @Username, I'd like to see the thread die out eventually too. But that won't happen until some real answers are given. I genuinely believe Mark's a "good guy" for what it's worth...so why is a good guy who's repeatedly championed women's empowerment hiding a relationship he had until very recently like she was a dirty secret? Maybe he had reasons. Maybe she had reasons. But the fact he ignores it entirely instead of just saying "there are reasons" while she keeps trolling people about it makes something that should never have been an issue, a huge issue.

That's why people are here. And it's good to see you stuck around. We're not so bad, really. (Most of us. Some may bite, though. :P )

PS: Aww @Gorillaz1236 just made a better post than I did about it all. :P Damn. Good points though, especially this:
If your friend was feeling down, do you sweep it under a rug?
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 8:53 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by PsychGrad0317 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Cat_Lady22 wrote:With all due respect, posters on the GG forums, aren't always going to 'sugar coat' their opinions to make them more palatable to other posters or lurkers. Some of us are very blunt when giving these opinions. :respekt:


Yeah, that pretty much says it.

I disagree with people on here all the time. Some of them get the kinder, gentler side of me, some don't. It's more my fault than theirs which they get, of course. The same can be said of Mark and his ex. I'm damned hard on Mark some days, and damned fond of him others. I couldn't care less about the ex except that I'm still trying to figure out exactly where she's coming from half the time. It's a little hobby of mine. Anyway, I can't think of anything that I've said that would be considered "Dragging her through the mud". It doesn't matter though because, again, I'm giving my opinion of someone that I know only through social media and a few video snippets. And if anyone ever thought otherwise, they just didn't read my posts closely enough.

I have to wonder, if you don't know either of them and I will take your word for it, why would anything that we've said make your blood boil? Yes, they're people. I get that. But people don't usually have such a visceral reaction to opinions voiced about people that they don't know.
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

User avatar
Dragonmax
Informer
Informer
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:35 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by Dragonmax » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:30 pm

CleverUsername wrote:Hi there all,
Long time lurker, First time (and last time) poster here. I have dipped into the forums causally since I found out about it up until Anime Expo. Now I’m slightly ashamed to say I check almost every day. I’m not going to get into the ethics of picking people apart on a public forum, because as a reader of said forum, that would make me a hypocrite. Even if I had totally valid reasons for being here. But I do have some thoughts and opinions I would like to share. You don’t have to agree with me. Who am I to call people out for joyously insinuating a person is a “gold digger” “mentally ill” “abusive” “manipulative” and any of the other fantastic terms that have been thrown around on this forum. I mean, it’s so much fun to destroy some ones image with no repercussions am I right?! Its all “just gossip”. Gossip can’t possibly hurt anyone right? Make them feel worthless, or like they’ve failed as a person. Nah. People on this site are totally self aware. If anyone believes what’s written here, they’re the irresponsible ones, right? RIGHT? But I Digress, there are some observations I’d like to add to my salt pile before I leave. There were several mentions of “denial” of Jess’s existence in the fan base. I would like to add that perhaps many people are aware of her and her relationship to Mark, and don’t really give a fuck. Those fans just want to watch videos and have a good time. I like those fans. Then we’ve got the Tumblr crowd. Admittedly, there are some obsessive blogs in the tag, but again, MOST of the blogs on Tumblr are pretty normal. Twitter is the same story. The loud minority, vrs the relatively quiet masses. The only site where I have seen actual, toxic rumors spread and hurt people in real life, is this little gem here. GuruGossip is the very thing it accuses other sites of being. Oh but I can already hear your perfectly reasonable responses. Gurugossip is a safe place for likeminded fans to discuss their interests. Keep up your gossip, by all means. Don’t take responsibility for your actions! Let no one clip your wings. Don’t let me stop your fun, because it is fun isn’t it ladies? That’s what keeps you coming back day after day. But don’t pretend you’re the best of the fandom. I have to conclude that you either have no idea how influential this forum has become, or you do know and it makes you feel special. Never mind the consequences and the very real effect you have on people. You’re the worst type of people. You’re not wanted in this fandom.Glad I could get that off my chest.


Did *she* sign up for an account here? :rofl: LOLJK.

But seriously, being in a fandom isn't a competition of who's the better fan. And we're definitely not saying that we're the best fans either.

But there are a lot of points (highlighted) in your post that I'd like to call you out on:

- You’re ashamed to check every day but in your latter post, you say that we check in this site for our daily schadenfreude fix. Pointing your index finger to us when your three fingers are pointing back at you? No need to check everyday if you hate us that much. Close the tab and move on.

- No we don’t find absolute joy in calling her those names, and we don’t establish that she’s [certain description] as a fact. And we have varying opinions on her, but at some point, based on observations from her social media, we agree on a few things here and there. (The opinion scale goes from she's ok but troubled to she's onto something.)

- Mark's availability isn't what we give a fuck about, but it's the secrecy that enables rumors. He was open about his horrible past relationships, but why was he so secretive about the last one? That’s what we're wondering about in this forum. We have lots of theories about why he did so, but that’s another topic.

- By normal, do you mean your dashboard only? Because I have a pretty nice dashboard too that isn’t filled with fans who either 1) cry over rejected Cheez-Its, 2) accuse Mark of being a fuccboi on Snapchat, 3) cry offended at the thought of Mark putting on make-up, and 4) rely so much on Senpai-Plier for their own self worth. So yeah! *My Tumblr* is normal too.

- And your argument re: Twitter... I disagree. Most of the replies to Mark’s tweets are filled with paternal issues, unhealthy worship / dependency, fans who consistently pester him to even block him (so senpai could be fully aware of their existence), and a 30-something housewife that could be Stephen King’s inspiration for Annie Wilkes. Relatively quiet, you were saying? (Maybe in contrast to entirely Twitter in general, but we’re talking about Markiplier’s fans in Twitter here so yeah.)

- “You’re not wanted in this fandom.” Who are you to say that? Unless you're actually a good friend of Mark / Jess or anyone connected to them by first degree, then sure, you do somehow have the right to say that even if it sounds so off. But if you're not close to them personally and you don't want us in the fandom, then okay. Your statement further proves that the fandom can get toxic and hostile. You're trying to be exclusive re: who's supposed to be a fan in completely black and white terms.

OK that's a lot of text for me, now I have to get back to freelance work. It took a long time for me to type because LOL that was such a strong rant and I'm sorry if I'm quite late trying to gather my thoughts and placing them in a wall of text.

EDIT: Now I know that the argument has died down a bit, but that quoted post was enough for me to type this wall. Took me long enough...
My purpose on Guru Gossip is partici...

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:02 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by DeathToAllSpiders » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:36 pm

CleverUsername wrote:OK. You're right. I came in with guns blazing because I expected to be attacked. I wasn't expecting logical answers. Bear with me because I'm not sure how to go about this now.


Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone's emotions get the better of them sometimes. Thank you for taking the time to hear us all out as individuals and help make this into a discussion where everyone's feelings get heard. Yours matter just as much as ours do, so I want to respond specifically to some of the concerns you brought up.

CleverUsername wrote:But there are things that have been said that were just plain wrong. I want the people who joke about this to realize that your posts cause repercussions.


I don't feel like the world's best authority on "right" and "wrong", but I share your feelings about the real world repercussions of the views that are expressed here. I understand that some of them are hurtful, and I really do appreciate the consideration you're showing for the human beings on the receiving end of them. Compassion ALWAYS matters.

But silencing people's voices isn't going to breed that sort of compassion. Infected wounds don't heal. This stuff is messy and painful and the dialogue surrounding it can get ugly, but it needs to get air if it's going to heal, or at least evolve. People are hurting all over the place in a hundred different ways, and I'd rather see this stuff come out in a discussion than fester under the surface and cause even deeper pockets of confusion, frustration, and resentment all around.

CleverUsername wrote:You're all being very civil right now but some of the things previously written about both parties made my blood boil.


Mine, too. But my blood and it's temperature fluctuations aren't what's important to me in all of this. I want to treat this community as a community, and that isn't going to come from only listening to people who's opinions and ways of expressing them sit well with me. What you said about the fandom not wanting or needing these people doesn't hurt my feelings personally, but it does make me very sad. I don't want anyone to feel unwanted or unwelcome, because I know what those feelings can breed over time, and it's never anything good.

I'm sorry for meeting fire with fire, and assuming you were looking for a fight. We all expected something that no one seems to really want, so there's no reason to dwell on it. I'm always up for a fresh start.

User avatar
Ely
Learner
Learner
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by Ely » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:47 pm

CleverUsername wrote: I want the people who joke about this to realize that your posts cause repercussions. I wanted to see you all as bad people but I'm making the same mistake I'm accusing you of making. It's easier to assume that motives are black and white. It's easier to assume that situations aren't complicated. But it is the curse of our species to complicate things. Ideally I would like this thread to die out, but I can see that's unrealistic now. All I can do is ask people to think about what they put here.


If your original purpose was to guilt trip us to be quiet, then unfortunately that isn't going to work. No one has the power to stop a discussion especially when you add your own kind of fuel into the fire. All your doing is extending the discussion further.

Although I say no one has the power to stop a discussion, but you do have the power to ignore this forum and leave. Just like Saucyfossey and Markiplier have that power to do the same.

As much as I believe that Markiplier's way of keeping quiet when his fandom, in question, burns is an awful idea, I will admit that it is effective in its own way. People blow things out of proportion, then over time they get tired of getting mad and forget about it when the next big thing to be mad or excited about arrives. The same can be said over the way this forum works. People notice stuff, they express their thoughts, there is a discussion, then it dies out when said discussion gets stale.

Just like you, there are stuff here I don't agree with neither, but whenever it pops up I don't participate and just wait for the next topic of discussion. If I begin policing, like you're trying to do, you only extend the conversation further.

Of course that isn't to say you do not have the right to express your own feelings and concerns because you do have that right; however you lose that right the moment you begin to attack others for it.

That's why, I like to suggest an idea: the next person that arrives here to attack the board members over their opinions, can we please ignore them and report them to the mods for breaking an important forum rule? I think doing this might keep all discussions and/or debates civil.

User avatar
shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by shyguyflys » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:03 pm

CleverUsername wrote:I want the people who joke about this to realize that your posts cause repercussions.

I think everyone on here knows this. As for who actually cares about it, that is a different story, and I cannot speak for everyone on this. It brings me again to the realization that the world is truly a cruel place where things will not always be sugar coated the way that we would sometimes prefer for them to be. However, there are some very basic ground rules on this site that demand to be followed or else you risk getting reported.
Image

User avatar
shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by shyguyflys » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:11 pm

Ely wrote:That's why, I like to suggest an idea: the next person that arrives here to attack the board members over their opinions, can we please ignore them and report them to the mods for breaking an important forum rule? I think doing this might keep all discussions and/or debates civil.


I agree, Ely. One of the rules of this site as a whole is to respect all posters. I am not making this rule up, nor is anyone else on here. It's not something we decided as a board; it is something the head admins/founders of the site decided. Therefore, the next person who decides to come on here and breaks that rule will be reported.
Image

Locked

Return to “Markiplier”