We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

User avatar
shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by shyguyflys » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:23 pm

I made the 3rd part of this installment for Desert Wind so all that she has to do is lock the 2nd part of this topic. <3
Image

User avatar
shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by shyguyflys » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:34 pm

DeathToAllSpiders wrote:And I do NOT want anyone to feel judged for anything they've said here. I don't mean to be mushy, but I'm actually quite fond of you guys, and I love being part of a discussion where everyone's voices have a place.


Sometimes, I think lurkers think it's silly, but it's actually a rule of the site as a whole to respect your fellow posters, even when you wholeheartedly disagree with them. I think because the regular posters have been good at keeping up with this rule, some of us have become fond of just talking with one another on here. Even if we really are just a bunch of shitty people, some of us have made good acquaintances or even friends on this site.
Image

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:02 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by DeathToAllSpiders » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:50 pm

shyguyflys wrote:
DeathToAllSpiders wrote:And I do NOT want anyone to feel judged for anything they've said here. I don't mean to be mushy, but I'm actually quite fond of you guys, and I love being part of a discussion where everyone's voices have a place.


Sometimes, I think lurkers think it's silly, but it's actually a rule of the site as a whole to respect your fellow posters, even when you wholeheartedly disagree with them. I think because the regular posters have been good at keeping up with this rule, some of us have become fond of just talking with one another on here. Even if we really are just a bunch of shitty people, some of us have made good acquaintances or even friends on this site.


Nothing about respecting other people despite your differences is silly, to me. That's why I stopped lurking and started talking with you guys - differences and disagreements don't halt conversations or silence voices, and those are the kinds of discussions that I want to be part of.

User avatar
Cat_Lady22
Debater
Debater
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:34 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Cat_Lady22 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:56 pm

DeathToAllSpiders wrote:
shyguyflys wrote:
DeathToAllSpiders wrote:And I do NOT want anyone to feel judged for anything they've said here. I don't mean to be mushy, but I'm actually quite fond of you guys, and I love being part of a discussion where everyone's voices have a place.


Sometimes, I think lurkers think it's silly, but it's actually a rule of the site as a whole to respect your fellow posters, even when you wholeheartedly disagree with them. I think because the regular posters have been good at keeping up with this rule, some of us have become fond of just talking with one another on here. Even if we really are just a bunch of shitty people, some of us have made good acquaintances or even friends on this site.


Nothing about respecting other people despite your differences is silly, to me. That's why I stopped lurking and started talking with you guys - differences and disagreements don't halt conversations or silence voices, and those are the kinds of discussions that I want to be part of.


We've all got differing perspectives on Mark's relationships and we can joke about this subject, too. That's what makes this board so great. :love2:

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:02 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by DeathToAllSpiders » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Cat_Lady22 wrote:We've all got differing perspectives and we can joke about this subject. That's what makes it so great. :love2:


I agree! Personally, I'm more comfortable with free exchanges involving controversial ideas than I am with any circle-jerk on the planet. It may not always be pretty or comfortable to participate in, but I feel like if Mark wants a community instead of just a bunch of fans, people communicating despite their differences is where it starts.

I know that isn't everyone's reason for being here; to me, the great part is that it doesn't have to be. We don't have to feel the same way about any of this stuff to talk with each other, and joke around, and accept where other people stand on things.

User avatar
Cat_Lady22
Debater
Debater
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:34 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Cat_Lady22 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:25 pm

DeathToAllSpiders wrote:
Cat_Lady22 wrote:We've all got differing perspectives and we can joke about this subject. That's what makes it so great. :love2:


I agree! Personally, I'm more comfortable with free exchanges involving controversial ideas than I am with any circle-jerk on the planet. It may not always be pretty or comfortable to participate in, but I feel like if Mark wants a community instead of just a bunch of fans, people communicating despite their differences is where it starts.

I know that isn't everyone's reason for being here; to me, the great part is that it doesn't have to be. We don't have to feel the same way about any of this stuff to talk with each other, and joke around, and accept where other people stand on things.


Exactly.

Mark would most likely read this and take the controversial and differing opinions, over a full blown circle-jerk, hopefully.

I'd also love to see him talk a little more openly about things, instead of sweeping them under the rug, too.

P.S and OT: I sent him a tweet that says "Pro tip no. 666: Don't drink the Kool Aid." :rofl:

User avatar
Dragonmax
Informer
Informer
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:35 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Dragonmax » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:50 pm

Cat_Lady22 wrote:
P.S and OT: I sent him a tweet that says "Pro tip no. 666: Don't drink the Kool Aid." :rofl:


I am missing something here, what does the expression "drink the cool aid" mean? :P
My purpose on Guru Gossip is partici...

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Dragonmax wrote:
Cat_Lady22 wrote:
P.S and OT: I sent him a tweet that says "Pro tip no. 666: Don't drink the Kool Aid." :rofl:


I am missing something here, what does the expression "drink the cool aid" mean? :P


Jonestown reference....Uh sad situation......let's not talk about that here...it's too sad.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
Cat_Lady22
Debater
Debater
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:34 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Cat_Lady22 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:00 pm

Dragonmax wrote:
Cat_Lady22 wrote:
P.S and OT: I sent him a tweet that says "Pro tip no. 666: Don't drink the Kool Aid." :rofl:


I am missing something here, what does the expression "drink the cool aid" mean? :P


It basically means don't buy into an ideology that others are trying to sell to you.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Cat_Lady22 wrote:
Dragonmax wrote:
Cat_Lady22 wrote:
P.S and OT: I sent him a tweet that says "Pro tip no. 666: Don't drink the Kool Aid." :rofl:


I am missing something here, what does the expression "drink the cool aid" mean? :P


It basically means don't buy into an ideology that others are trying to sell to you.


It means that to!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
EternalSunshine
Learner
Learner
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:18 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by EternalSunshine » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:57 am

Hi everyone!
Yet another lurker busting in with a little negativity, but I'll try to keep my criticism constructive :P I also want to ask some questions if that's okay, maybe one of you guys will take the time to answer, and I'll get out of your way again.

But first of all I want to stress that for the most part, I like this site. You guys see a lot, and you have a very adult way of talking about it, which a Markiplier-Fan approaching 30 appreciates :) Also, I am bugged by some of the same things as me, like the fangasms over Mark breaking down. (Actually, him being so emotional is one of the reasons I like him, but there's a difference between shedding a few tears over a sad game or downright sobbing because of something we don't know about).)

That being said, I'm gonna talk about the one specific thing that bothered me a lot. When it looked like he was getting together with Mess for a while, some of the adult perspective went out the window. I understand that it was exciting, because for once there was actual gossip to be had, and it's okay that things were boiling up in here. I don't even mind that many things were directed against Mess, you all have your opinion about her, and I don't care that much more about her than any stranger on the street. BUT: One thing went way too far, and that's when people were essentially calling her a whore. Not with that word, but someone actually said that she was using her vagina to get money. And all that from just one little interaction we witnessed that we don't know the backstory to.

It bugged me because it was beyond aggressive, and even for someone I don't have any association with gave me a bad feeling. And that's why I wanted to get that off my chest, even if that means butting in here with negativity, which isn't really fair to you since you are so civil with each other and basically anyone else, too. But I hope you understand my point of view.

Now, the other reason I wanted to come out of the shadows is because, as much as I like reading this stuff here, there are two things that I don't understand.

Some of you say you like Mark but don't want to sugarcoat anything, which I love. But others don't seem to care for him very much, and even said they have a hard time respecting him (I'm paraphrasing here, so I apoligize if I misunderstood that). So why do those of you even take that much interest in him?

The other thing I don't understand is why you think he is required to acknowledge if he has a girlfriend, or the fact that he had one up until a few months ago?

I admit that I'm curious, too, that's why I come here for the most part. But I see it more as a guilty pleasure than something I have the right to know.
He said in his last livestream that something happened earlier this year (I'm guessing the breakup), that he'd rather keep to himself, and I get that. And I think he has the right to, even if it makes me curious still.

I know you guys say that it's more the fact he lied that bothered you, but... how else is he gonna hide his relationship if that's what he wants to do? And I bet he has his reasons to. Because everybody thinks Marzia is cute and sweet (including me), I don't know any other YTer girlfriend that doesn't get a ton of flack (though I don't follow that many YTers).

So, that's it from me. This got longer than I wanted, but I wanted to make my intentions clear and not come off as an ass, and hopefully as not too much of a hypocrite.

User avatar
Cat_Lady22
Debater
Debater
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:34 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Cat_Lady22 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:16 am

Eternal Sunshine- I'll answer part of this :

Evidence had surfaced from both Mark and Me$$' Instagram and tumblr accounts, confirming that they were in a relationship, while Mark marketed himself to his fans as a single, available man to his fans since 2013.

He likes to preach about honesty and transparency.

That dishonesty and lack of transparency is what we've taken umbrage with.

What some of us have also taken umbrage with, is the fact that Me$$ may be attempting to ride his coattails, after she publicly threw him under the bus on social media post breakup and may throw him under the bus again.

He already did a post breakup vlog where he was emotional, IIRC.

Me$$ being present at the time of SDCC also seemed to have affected his mood and his demeanour was way off.
Last edited by Cat_Lady22 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

foxymoxxy
Debater
Debater
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:06 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by foxymoxxy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:24 am

1. I agree with your feelings about the whore comments towards jess. The thing is not everyone here cares about her outside of her relation to mark. So when things suddenly happen with her those board members are quick to verbally slice her to bits. At this point everyone here knows how each person feels about Mark and jess so we don't police each other over choice words, but rather just disagree.

2. I cant speak for everyone, but I'll tell you my feelings. This topic keeps popping up every now and then on places like tumblr and it has been ever since last April. The more people who enter this fanbase the more people who are gonna talk about it until they figure out the answer for themselves. In short, it would benefit mark to say anything about the rumors so that he can finally end the chaos.

Someone else who's better at explaining will come along lol but I hope this is a good start.

User avatar
Dragonmax
Informer
Informer
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:35 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Dragonmax » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:45 am

Cat_Lady22 wrote:It basically means don't buy into an ideology that others are trying to sell to you.


Ooh thanks! I'm very fluent in English (2nd language) but I'm still quite bad at some idioms.

And I'm tempted to tweet him too while calling out Older Fan / Annie Wilkes (a serious case of growing WTF), but I don't want her to fight me / my name to be dragged into this mess and I'm too lazy to create an alt account.


EternalSunshine wrote:...

Some of you say you like Mark but don't want to sugarcoat anything, which I love. But others don't seem to care for him very much, and even said they have a hard time respecting him (I'm paraphrasing here, so I apoligize if I misunderstood that). So why do those of you even take that much interest in him?

The other thing I don't understand is why you think he is required to acknowledge if he has a girlfriend, or the fact that he had one up until a few months ago?

...

I know you guys say that it's more the fact he lied that bothered you, but... how else is he gonna hide his relationship if that's what he wants to do? And I bet he has his reasons to.


Hi EternalSunshine! Got a few answers to some of your concerns here.

- "Whore" isn't really a word I'd use when describing her, tbh. But "user" is more general and less derogatory, and I guess that's what I think of her. If you read the past threads, you'll see why. We can get vindictive in certain occasions, but if you've seen the other posts in this website about bigger YouTubers, well we look like we sugar coat.

- Well he had certain actions for some of us which raises more than just eyebrows, and we often point it out, but that doesn't mean we don't like him at all. It's the opposite actually. I like the guy and he's a very nice and smart person from what I observed.

- Well he is required to acknowledge her because relationship status isn't a big deal and it's to set boundaries with those crazy fangirls. Yeah, he'll lose the panty-wetting fan girls, but there will always be the real supporters who will stay because of his content. And although he has good reason to hide her (crazy fangirls, from what we assumed), what rubs us off wrong is that he still portrayed himself as single when he was with her. He could keep it as personal as he wants to, but lying about it straight would cause (and has caused, actually) a lot of problems.

I hope that answers a few things.
My purpose on Guru Gossip is partici...

User avatar
Cat_Lady22
Debater
Debater
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:34 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Cat_Lady22 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:52 am

Dragonmax wrote:
Cat_Lady22 wrote:It basically means don't buy into an ideology that others are trying to sell to you.


Ooh thanks! I'm very fluent in English (2nd language) but I'm still quite bad at some idioms.

And I'm tempted to tweet him too while calling out Older Fan / Annie Wilkes (a serious case of growing WTF), but I don't want her to fight me / my name to be dragged into this mess and I'm too lazy to create an alt account.


What's your first language? , if you don't mind me asking :D

User avatar
Dragonmax
Informer
Informer
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:35 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Dragonmax » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:16 am

Cat_Lady22 wrote:
Dragonmax wrote:
Cat_Lady22 wrote:It basically means don't buy into an ideology that others are trying to sell to you.


Ooh thanks! I'm very fluent in English (2nd language) but I'm still quite bad at some idioms.

And I'm tempted to tweet him too while calling out Older Fan / Annie Wilkes (a serious case of growing WTF), but I don't want her to fight me / my name to be dragged into this mess and I'm too lazy to create an alt account.


What's your first language? , if you don't mind me asking :D


Filipino/Tagalog! I'm really meh / average at it, tbh. The earliest nanny I had as a child spoke Visayan (a different dialect), so her wonky Tagalog rubbed off on me ever since. Then I studied in an international school (and I had lots of Korean expats as classmates) so I had to step up my English fluency through young adult literature and American movies. And local English classes here don't really focus on idioms too much so I often get confused on which means what.
My purpose on Guru Gossip is partici...

User avatar
Cat_Lady22
Debater
Debater
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:34 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Cat_Lady22 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:27 am

Dragonmax wrote:
Cat_Lady22 wrote:

What's your first language? , if you don't mind me asking :D


Filipino/Tagalog! I'm really meh / average at it, tbh. The earliest nanny I had as a child spoke Visayan (a different dialect), so her wonky Tagalog rubbed off on me ever since. Then I studied in an international school (and I had lots of Korean expats as classmates) so I had to step up my English fluency through young adult literature and American movies. And local English classes here don't really focus on idioms too much so I often get confused on which means what.


Cool :) I've got a Filipino neighbour and she's a lovely person. By the way, I can now understand why an idiom would be lost on you.

Anyway, Bunny boiler Wilkes hasn't attempted to pick a shitfight with me on Twitter,yet. :lol: :rofl:

That's probably because Mark hasn't interacted with me. (An interaction with me on his part, will occur when hell freezes over :rofl: )

User avatar
Dragonmax
Informer
Informer
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:35 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Dragonmax » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:37 am

Yeah, ironically enough Filipino idioms are very natural to me. My native tongue grammar is another matter. :rofl:

And I saw she tweeted something that really screams sexual harassment, then she deleted it. I'll PM you about that.
My purpose on Guru Gossip is partici...

User avatar
Cat_Lady22
Debater
Debater
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:34 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Cat_Lady22 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:41 am

Dragonmax wrote:Yeah, ironically enough Filipino idioms are very natural to me. My native tongue grammar is another matter. :rofl:

And I saw she tweeted something that really screams sexual harassment, then she deleted it. I'll PM you about that.


Awaiting your PM :)

User avatar
moran
Informer
Informer
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by moran » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:04 am

Dragonmax wrote:Yeah, ironically enough Filipino idioms are very natural to me. My native tongue grammar is another matter. :rofl:

And I saw she tweeted something that really screams sexual harassment, then she deleted it. I'll PM you about that.


Could you pm me too, please? (:
(Also, I missed the Username thing, dammit, I'm not gonna say anything now cause it's all over, but I'm glad you people handled it so well, that's one of the reasons I like this place :tu: )
Image

User avatar
Cat_Lady22
Debater
Debater
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:34 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by Cat_Lady22 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:06 am

moran wrote:
Dragonmax wrote:Yeah, ironically enough Filipino idioms are very natural to me. My native tongue grammar is another matter. :rofl:

And I saw she tweeted something that really screams sexual harassment, then she deleted it. I'll PM you about that.


Could you pm me too, please? (:
(Also, I missed the Username thing, dammit, I'm not gonna say anything now cause it's all over, but I'm glad you people handled it so well, that's one of the reasons I like this place :tu: )


Good to see you back here, Moran! :D

User avatar
shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:29 am

EternalSunshine wrote:That being said, I'm gonna talk about the one specific thing that bothered me a lot. When it looked like he was getting together with Mess for a while, some of the adult perspective went out the window. I understand that it was exciting, because for once there was actual gossip to be had, and it's okay that things were boiling up in here. I don't even mind that many things were directed against Mess, you all have your opinion about her, and I don't care that much more about her than any stranger on the street. BUT: One thing went way too far, and that's when people were essentially calling her a whore. Not with that word, but someone actually said that she was using her vagina to get money. And all that from just one little interaction we witnessed that we don't know the backstory to.

Some of you say you like Mark but don't want to sugarcoat anything, which I love. But others don't seem to care for him very much, and even said they have a hard time respecting him (I'm paraphrasing here, so I apoligize if I misunderstood that). So why do those of you even take that much interest in him?

The other thing I don't understand is why you think he is required to acknowledge if he has a girlfriend, or the fact that he had one up until a few months ago?


Okay, I will answer your questions in three chunks.

He is not required to tell people if he has a girlfriend. However, he is required to not say things or do things that totally lead people on. If he doesn't want people to know that he has a girlfriend, then it's fair to her and his fans that he doesn't act single. Just don't indicate anything about your love status at all. That, or just flat out tell people it's not their business/you want privacy instead of completely ignoring the conversation and letting it become a bigger issue than it really is. As far as it goes now, I don't know if it would help his case to admit to something that has long died more so than it would to change the attitude that this is all been approached. Other people have a differing opinion on that last bit, but that's what I am beginning to think, as we have way too much stuff that suggests that the relationship was real without him admitting to it.

I am one of those who said that they are having a hard time respecting him. What I previously told you is some of why. It's not that I don't like the guy; it's that some of his actions make me go side-eyed. I feel like I could have more respect for him if he approached problems in his fandom differently - I mean more issues than just this, as there are a lot of issues that haven't been outright dealt with like they should.

Now, I personally do not agree with everything said here when that was being said so bluntly. I believe that there are better ways to word something like I first outlined that you were talking about if that is what you are speculating or believe. However, the "beauty" (take that as you will) of this place is that not everyone thinks alike, and thus, we get people who cut to the chase and word their opinions in that fashion. Plus, you may be dealing with people on the board who, deep down, could not give any damns even if they tried. That's a cold reality that I don't know if some lurkers can comprehend that comes with GG. I most certainly won't accuse anyone on here of not caring, but I recognize that it is something that I have no control over and that comes with the territory so to speak.

But, I've said it before and will this again. Most people would not actually take us seriously if there wasn't a recognizably bigger problem at hand. Some of the people that come here just want answers or to read a different viewpoint on something that is hard to grasp at other places. Plus, some of the people here are kind and interesting enough that I guess that this place has come to appeal to people - that they're not here so much for the gossip anymore as much as they are the other posters. I think that's what it boils down to for me; I am really only still here because of some of the other posters. Even if shit goes down, I'm going to have their back.
Image

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by kei » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:20 am

So many new posts since I wet to sleep. :P We even moved to a new thread. Go us!

Anyway, hi @EternalSunshine. Looks like everyone else already got to my points, so there's not much more for me to add. But I do echo the opinion that calling anyone a whore is too much. No one deserves the slur thrown their way, for so many reasons. Whenever the storm surrounding his recent ex starts to kick up a notch I tend to back away because I just don't know very much about her. My opinions are formed mostly by the public posts and photos she's shared in the past, though I admit the things I've seen from her recently don't really portray her positively. But that's only a side issue at this point.

He may not be "required" as you put it to tell his subscribers, but that doesn't free him from the consequences of pretending he's single when the evidence clearly points elsewhere. It's not that he doesn't want to discuss it, it's the fact he's so carefully built a wall of silence around the issue that the silence itself becomes troubling. People he's asking to trust him can't because something that was quite clearly there was being hidden in plain sight. Imagine the following conversation:

"Hey guys, watch my videos. I like making people laugh and it would mean a lot if I could make your day."
"Hey these are good! We want to learn more about the guy behind the microphone. Can you tell us more a little about yourself?"
"Sure! Let me give you some background on my life, my friends, my family, my struggles and my childhood. I want to be upfront with everyone so you don't ever need to worry about me."
"You're pretty cool. Just curious, do you have someone who makes you happy? A significant other?"
"......"
"...is that a no?"
"..................."
"Hello?"
"..........................................."

That's why a lot of us came to GG when tumblr started its hissy fit. This place is far from perfect, but no one backs away from the harder questions. And like @shyguyflys said, no one would even consider this forum a threat if there wasn't some bigger problem that more and more people are seeing that other places are glossing over...almost to Mark's detriment at this point.
Last edited by kei on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 8:53 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by PsychGrad0317 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:24 am

Here's my two cents, and that's about all it's worth: I hate it when people treat me like I'm stupid. HATE it. Nothing fires up the bitch in me like someone implying that I don't know something when I know I do. Enter Mark:

He says "I don't have a girlfriend". They're seen walking arm in arm together at a con. "I don't have a girlfriend". They're seen in a video together at Disneyland, attached at the hip. "I don't have a girlfriend". Videos appear of her cats and her cosplay shit in his apartment. See where this is going? :rofl:

No, he doesn't have to acknowledge it, but when he doesn't he's treating us like we're stupid. Had he said "I'm seeing someone", I'd have thought okay, great, good for you and moved on. The irritation came when he was pretty much caught red-handed and still refused to acknowledge that she had ever been anything more than a friend. Hell, he refused to acknowledge anything. No "I went to Magic Mountain with her", no "I have friends staying over"...Nothing. He just pretended that no one noticed that she was practically throwing her underwear into every room of his house... That, to me, is him telling us "You're too stupid to notice". And it irks the shit out of me.

Does he have to tell me everything? Of course not. Does he need to stop treating us like we're morons? Yeah, he really kind of does. Hope that helps at least a little bit. Nice meeting you!
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

User avatar
PythonMonty96
Debater
Debater
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:45 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by PythonMonty96 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:33 am

PsychGrad0317 wrote:Here's my two cents, and that's about all it's worth: I hate it when people treat me like I'm stupid. HATE it. Nothing fires up the bitch in me like someone implying that I don't know something when I know I do. Enter Mark:

He says "I don't have a girlfriend". They're seen walking arm in arm together at a con. "I don't have a girlfriend". They're seen in a video together at Disneyland, attached at the hip. "I don't have a girlfriend". Videos appear of her cats and her cosplay shit in his apartment. See where this is going? :rofl:

No, he doesn't have to acknowledge it, but when he doesn't he's treating us like we're stupid. Had he said "I'm seeing someone", I'd have thought okay, great, good for you and moved on. The irritation came when he was pretty much caught red-handed and still refused to acknowledge that she had ever been anything more than a friend. Hell, he refused to acknowledge anything. No "I went to Magic Mountain with her", no "I have friends staying over"...Nothing. He just pretended that no one noticed that she was practically throwing her underwear into every room of his house... That, to me, is him telling us "You're too stupid to notice". And it irks the shit out of me.

Does he have to tell me everything? Of course not. Does he need to stop treating us like we're morons? Yeah, he really kind of does. Hope that helps at least a little bit. Nice meeting you!


You took the words out of my mouth. It's like he thinks that we're too stupid/uncaring to notice. And EternalSunshine, I feel like my fellow posters have covered pretty much everything, but I will add that when Mark went to SDCC with you-know-who this year, it really irked me because they were literally out in the open with each other but still won't truly acknowledge what has happened between them. Whether or not they were actually together as a couple is up for grabs (I don't think they were, since Tom completely ignored her and she posted things about being single on tumblr/twitter), but she literally posted a picture of the two of them on twitter and sat at his booth for a long period of time while on camera. To me that says a lot about how Mark perceives his fandom's intelligence and ability to put together the pieces. And it says a lot about her, since she knows that quite a few people know about the relationship. She was basically flaunting it for all of the world to see, even though it's supposedly this huge secret. Of course, there's also the fact that she asked him for money, which obviously caused a huge controversy on here, but I won't go into that right now. I also want to make it clear that while I'm definitely not her biggest fan, I don't think that she's a whore.

And welome to the board, EternalSunshine. Buckle up, because sometimes it gets crazy in here :tu:
Image

Locked

Return to “Markiplier”