We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier - Part 3

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Markiplier - Part 3

Post by shyguyflys » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:06 pm

Carry on. :love2:

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker

Re: Markiplier - Part 3

Post by DeathToAllSpiders » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Thanks, Shy! You're a ninja with this new thread stuff.

kei wrote:Yeah I thought of the fact other entertainers have successfully gone to school too, but I wonder if the University of Cincinnati has dealt with it before. It seems more like a coastal university issue as opposed to the midwest, though that may just be my own perception. I also agree he'd do well in whatever field he wanted, given the combo of his analytical mind, right-brain artistic vision, and determination. It just looked to me like he really enjoyed the challenges that engineering brought him, but couldn't stomach the idea of being locked into a desk job for the rest of his life when so much creativity was itching to get out. Just my .02 :P

If he was interested in going back to school, he'd have to research policies like that beforehand, and find out what schools would be the best fit for both his goals and his lifestyle. But I bet it's do-able! And depending on what he planned to do with his degree, starting it later in life isn't an automatic handicap. I got a second bachelor's degree in my late twenties pretty much for shits and giggles, and it ended up being surprisingly useful! Like you said, I don't see him ever aiming for a routine desk job, so a creative path through education might have a lot more to offer such a creative guy than it would someone counting on their degree to bring them that 9-5 position and income.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:27 pm

DeathToAllSpiders wrote:Thanks, Shy! You're a ninja with this new thread stuff.

kei wrote:Yeah I thought of the fact other entertainers have successfully gone to school too, but I wonder if the University of Cincinnati has dealt with it before. It seems more like a coastal university issue as opposed to the midwest, though that may just be my own perception. I also agree he'd do well in whatever field he wanted, given the combo of his analytical mind, right-brain artistic vision, and determination. It just looked to me like he really enjoyed the challenges that engineering brought him, but couldn't stomach the idea of being locked into a desk job for the rest of his life when so much creativity was itching to get out. Just my .02 :P

If he was interested in going back to school, he'd have to research policies like that beforehand, and find out what schools would be the best fit for both his goals and his lifestyle. But I bet it's do-able! And depending on what he planned to do with his degree, starting it later in life isn't an automatic handicap. I got a second bachelor's degree in my late twenties pretty much for shits and giggles, and it ended up being surprisingly useful! Like you said, I don't see him ever aiming for a routine desk job, so a creative path through education might have a lot more to offer such a creative guy than it would someone counting on their degree to bring them that 9-5 position and income.

Haha, I try to be! :)

Also, I have to agree with you that I highly would advise Mark to look at his campus's policies (since I imagine that he probably wouldn't want to go anywhere else but UC based on his tweets about the campus). Usually, campuses will do a good job of anything based on harassment, but there are a few campuses that are actually being investigated by the FBI for not reacting as they should to certain harassment/assault cases.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:34 pm

shyguyflys wrote:
Haha, I try to be! :)

Also, I have to agree with you that I highly would advise Mark to look at his campus's policies (since I imagine that he probably wouldn't want to go anywhere else but UC based on his tweets about the campus). Usually, campuses will do a good job of anything based on harassment, but there are a few campuses that are actually being investigated by the FBI for not reacting as they should to certain harassment/assault cases.

Either that or they respond to the wrong kind of cases like the UVA scandal. But yeah he might have to look into another college if UC can't provide the right protection. Didn't that campus recently have a shooting or somewhere near that campus?

Actually considering his career choices atm, would he go back to engineering or would he try for another degree?

Immabatman
Debater
Debater

Post by Immabatman » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:56 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
Actually considering his career choices atm, would he go back to engineering or would he try for another degree?

Maybe he go back to engineering. In his video of draw my life he was talking about that. He can also change to another degree ( maybe a doctor??)

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Immabatman wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:

Maybe he go back to engineering. In his video of draw my life he was talking about that. He can also change to another degree ( maybe a doctor??)

Considering his Surgeon Simulator videos, would you trust him to be your doctor? :rofl:

Immabatman
Debater
Debater

Post by Immabatman » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:06 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
Immabatman wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:

Considering his Surgeon Simulator videos, would you trust him to be your doctor? :rofl:

Yeah? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
He better be a doctor for children :rofl: and not a surgeon :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Immabatman wrote:
He better be a doctor for children :rofl: and not a surgeon :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He'd probably make a pretty good pediatrician. He does love children, even if he tells babies to shut up in horror games. :rofl:

Immabatman
Debater
Debater

Post by Immabatman » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:12 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
Immabatman wrote:

He'd probably make a pretty good pediatrician. He does love children, even if he tells babies to shut up in horror games. :rofl:

Or a nurse to shut up :rofl:

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Immabatman wrote:
Or a nurse to shut up :rofl:

Yeah maybe he should just be an astronaut. That way the only thing he needs to yell is SPAAAAAAAACE! :rofl:

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Ugh, that UVA stuff hits close to home ;;. I have a few family that works at the UVA hospital(They're fine, thank god, if anyone hurt them I'd go on a blood hunt XD). Wasn't there a shooting in Cincinnati recently? D: I was like "oh god I hope Mark and his friends and family are okay ;;" Anyway I used to live in Charlottesville with roommates, they were much younger, and just ugh the age difference was off, plus I have an OCD problem they don't have it nearly as bad as me XD (I just like a clean organized space..and no I don't wash my hands like crazy XD) I'm fine with touching stuff but the idea of food, or dirt or whatever being on the floor/counters/stove/in microwave is just..no that's gross D:

Anyway, Maybe Mark can speak with a counselor there that can help find what classes would be best? :O Hm I wonder what kind of after school activities they have..that sounds like fun :D I would want like improv, comedy, anything art really, or something with animals (I wonder if there are places that does horse riding...I thought there was one XD)

Did you guys see Mark's jigglypuff video on Facebook? That was special.. XD He ruined the cutesy song Jigglypuff sings :P (Not really). Even though I haven't watched Pokemon since 1999 I still have some memories of it, even though I only watched it for a year then lost interest :P

Starflakes
Learner
Learner

Post by Starflakes » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:20 pm

I think having him go back to school and I think would be a good influence on the younger generations, he can maybe even take online, but I have agree with the fact online classes are harder then in class room.
I think with the campus being bigger he would have more of a chance at blending in- and campus security usually can be very helpful but I would be taking precautions if I was him as well.

Also- I have finally finished watching the latest play through of FNAF on his channel (yeah I k ow I'm late to the game) and I can't even, the bite, we finally know what it is and what happens! Like his face was exactly like mine when that part played out....and yet there is much more that we don't know about the game.....

chunkyflunky
Learner
Learner

Post by chunkyflunky » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:43 pm

If he could get himself into Brown, Emma Watson went there...
I could see him doing a double major, since he's nearly done with engineering. Film, maybe. Or possibly management or something, working for a charity.
I'd love to see him become a teacher.
Master Lurker.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:39 am

Yeah he's really talented :D He can do almost anything. I wonder if he will go into singing? I loved his FNAF Musical :D The music was pretty awesome too along with the singing :D

How can he not be into music though? I love music, grew up with it :D I'm a crappy singer but eh my parents, sister listened to music all the time when I was growing up, same with friends so yeah :P I like more the 70s, 80s, 90s, early 2000s pop kind of stuff some country is okay, acoustic, some ambient/new age or stuff like that is good :D

I am curious to see what he wrote? I think someone on here was saying he wrote or draw stuff? :O I love books :D

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:59 am

Am I the only one who wants to hear Mark play the trumpet? ;) Ever since he mentioned his "awesome trumpeting skills", I've wanted to hear him play.
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:06 am

PsychGrad0317 wrote:Am I the only one who wants to hear Mark play the trumpet? ;) Ever since he mentioned his "awesome trumpeting skills", I've wanted to hear him play.

He did, once...in a livestream I think? He wasn't very happy about it though. I get the idea he wasn't happy with the trumpet in general. :P
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:10 am

kei wrote:
PsychGrad0317 wrote:Am I the only one who wants to hear Mark play the trumpet? ;) Ever since he mentioned his "awesome trumpeting skills", I've wanted to hear him play.

He did, once...in a livestream I think? He wasn't very happy about it though. I get the idea he wasn't happy with the trumpet in general. :P

Really? Aw man, I wish I'd seen it. :rofl: How was it? Trumpet's not an easy instrument to pick up after not playing it for years.

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:14 am

:rofl: He sounds like me when I try to play the saxophone now. He'd get it back if he would practice a little. Of course, he has more important things to do.

Thank you for telling me about that!

Kierans, I just typed Markiplier playing trumpet into the search box on YouTube and it came up.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:17 am

Kierans wrote:
Really? Aw man, I wish I'd seen it. :rofl: How was it? Trumpet's not an easy instrument to pick up after not playing it for years.

Your wish is granted! :P

phpBB [video]
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:54 am

Awesome! Thanks, kei and Psych! :D

He has a better range than me. :rofl: I always think it's sad when I hear people say they gave up on music after school. I know life gets busy, but music is something that you can keep with you for the rest of your life even if you only practice or mess around on the instrument every now and then.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:54 am

Wow thanks for sharing the video :D That's pretty cool.

Hey what was that secret playlist thing Markiplier had awhile ago? D: I heard he had one but deleted it? D:

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:50 am

Hey, I'm a bit late to the game, but I saw a lot of "Mark vrs Markiplier" discussion lately and I thought I would share this video which shows Mark just goofing around with Cyndago in a very candid way. It's one of my favorites because he's not playing up the Markiplier personality. Hes just being a normal guy. https://youtu.be/Ec_nwMNMCak
Edit: tfw when you can't embed a link :(

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:08 am

maxfalcon wrote:Hey, I'm a bit late to the game, but I saw a lot of "Mark vrs Markiplier" discussion lately and I thought I would share this video which shows Mark just goofing around with Cyndago in a very candid way. It's one of my favorites because he's not playing up the Markiplier personality. Hes just being a normal guy. https://youtu.be/Ec_nwMNMCak
Edit: tfw when you can't embed a link :(

Best quote ever: "And then in about 2 hours it will pass through your stomach into your intestines, and you will feel a burn unlike any other, and you will think you are going to die." :rofl: Those guys and their damned hot sauce...

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:09 pm

In other news, Eatmydiction and Ohmwrecker have shared Kotaku's article discussing Pewdiepie's lack of reaction to FNAF4 and resulting explanation on tumblr. Kotaku kind of attacks the franchise, and even includes one of Mark's videos as comparison. Granted, their reactions are as different as physically possible, but between that article and both the above LPers thanking Kotaku for it, I wonder if there aren't further ramifications down the road.

I mean, for his part, Mark summed up his opinion pretty well at the end. It wasn't the jumpscares so much as the fresh idea that they weren't random anymore. They happened as a direct result of him screwing up, and that's what interested him. But for new viewers who haven't seen his other stuff, they see a guy screaming and waving his arms wildly at the screen while legit every other A-List LPer didn't. (Yami did to a degree, but it was more out of frustration with the audio cues than anything else.) Makes me wonder how the LP community in general views his work right now...I kind of wish they'd be able to see it from his POV, but I get why they'd be all :| over it.

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:20 pm

I'm biased, of course, but I think that it's unfair for anyone to match Mark's reaction against anyone else's. Some people don't react to jumpscares, or to potential threats, the way others do. We're all wired differently. For anyone to insinuate that Mark is less of a gamer (or more of one, for that matter) simply because the FNAF jumpscares still get him is ridiculous. I love the machoism that is "That stuff doesn't scare me". Good for you. All that really means is that you're not as on your toes as you probably should be. :rofl:

Either way, Mark has always had a very strong reaction to scares. I'm the same way. Some people do, some people don't. It means nothing about them other than that their fight-or-flight reaction is still at its prime. Implying otherwise, as this Kotaku (who I've never heard of, by the way) has done, is simply silliness.

Return to “Markiplier”