We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier - Part 3

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 3

Post by kei » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:11 am

Well, if anyone wants to see an example of how he really sounds when he's angry, they just need to watch the end of today's Until Dawn episode. :lol: Jesus. I've seen him rage at games before, but you can clearly see every thought that went through his head when he saw Ashley's fate. (Not to mention hear what he's thinking when he walks off-camera. :rofl: )

IMO I'd have been fine with him accepting the loss and just moving on from there, but it apparently got to him enough that he's restarting the whole thing. That's a long-ass game, and it takes a significant amount of determination to replay it just because of one wrong decision. That's why I'm a little surprised at people who are angry at him, Jack, and anyone else who hasn't gone back to fix the "wrong choices" in the game. No one has a right to get angry, because they aren't the ones who sank hours of their life into playing it. And the fact those choices exist means they're valid choices, even if they end in death. That's the one thing that annoys me about choice-based games (Life Is Strange, Walking Dead, anything Bioware): people seem to think the choices they deem acceptable are the only choices anyone should make. :roll: Still, if it pissed Mark off enough to restart, it'll be interesting to see where it goes from here.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:19 am

Yeah I hate seeing people get mad at Mark or anyone for not playing a game in their OWN way. They're just doing what they think they need to. If you hate the way Mark, or anyone is playing, go play it yourself. -_- Not to sound mean but some people just need to chillax.

fishnchippychips
Learner
Learner

Post by fishnchippychips » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:22 am

Mark's reaction made me laugh a lot because I am exactly the type of person that would restart the entire game because my favourite character died :rofl: Yeah I agree that people shouldn't get angry at the choices other people make in those type of games, it's their playthrough and they can do what they want with it!
And man I really picked a great day to be away from the internet yesterday haha I missed quite a lot in both threads! I won't add to anything though since it's basically all been said :tu:

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:24 am

He was already annoyed with himself for realizing that his gameplay had irritated a lot of people, so I think today's Until Dawn was the result of that frustration finally boiling over. I do like that he's taking the game seriously despite it being different from what he usually plays. Wonder if this means we can expect more of this type of game in the future.

I'm really surprised that he made that mistake with Ashley, especially after repeatedly saying that he didn't want everyone to split up. I was yelling, "NOO!" at the fatal choice... :o

I liked Chris, Sam, and Mike. My favorite character was probably Mike because I loved how his character changed throughout the game. I've been watching way too many Until Dawn playthroughs.

EternalSunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by EternalSunshine » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:53 am

I'm really annoyed right now. I get that Mark is pissed at his choice and it's now like I wanted Ashley to die, but this close to the end he's not gonna finish it? He can replay the game as many times as he wants, but I was really curious to see how this one ended... damn it, Mark!

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:13 am

Mark is ALWAYS unimpressed when he's with the Cyndago guys, is a running joke they have, he did the "don't film me/I don't want to be filmed" with Matthias too, it's just a joke :rofl:

Anyway, I got so sad with Jack's ending I'm actually glad Mark reacted the way he did, he's not gonna start the game play all over again on camera so there's no actual problem with "waiting too much time for the ending", he's gonna do it by himself and start recording again when he's at the same point, I guess.
But if he comes back and Matt is still dead I will bitch slap his ass so hard it'll become a pair of boobs! (Ok this was weird)
And then I'm hoping for a happy ending, because well, I'm like that!

And oh, as you can see from my new avatar, my favourite character is, oddly, Josh!

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:36 am

EternalSunshine wrote:I'm really annoyed right now. I get that Mark is pissed at his choice and it's now like I wanted Ashley to die, but this close to the end he's not gonna finish it? He can replay the game as many times as he wants, but I was really curious to see how this one ended... damn it, Mark!

Well, he seemed really upset over killing her, but I'm still surprised he's going to that length. I guess he just decided he wouldn't enjoy finishing the game when his favorite character died. I mean, it's rare that we see him legit just staring into space like that, or outright raging to the point he had to leave. I doubt it would be fun for him anymore if he just tried to finish without her. :?
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Gonna have to add this to the list of videos for people to watch that wanna see Mark mad XD I don't remember what video it was on but someone was asking/saying "Wow Mark's mad!" and then people was like "Oh you never seen him mad, watch Octodad/I Am Bread" Sugeon Simulator too esp. the one with Wade.

I noticed Mark hasn't posted a 2nd video... I actually hope he's okay :O Yeah I"m a worry wart and when something seems out of routine, that's when I start to worry a little.. XD Oh well he's probably fine :P I honestly don't mind if he takes breaks for a few days if he needs/wants to. On twitter I saw he said he slept for 13 straight hours, that sounds so nice to sleep that long...only happens if I am SUPER tired or sick D:

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:30 pm

Yeah I'm surprised Mark decided to redo Until Dawn as well. I don't think I ever recall him getting that upset over a game like that apart from rage titles.

I've so far only watched 4 LPers playthrough of Until Dawn: Mark, Cry, Jack, and Jesse Cox. So far Jesse's group has had the best ending because they only got Matt killed with Cry a close second. (he got Matt, Jess, and Sam killed) Jack by far has done the worst with getting everyone but Matt, Chris, and Sam killed and he was quite upset, not just at himself, but the people in the comments section giving him a hard time.

I don't get why people are so nasty about these things. Just because the LPer chose a different scenario than you when playing the same game, it doesn't make your choices in your playthrough invalid. The game's meant to have different outcomes, it adds more to the story and promotes replay value. Everybody's different, just accept that.

But Mark isn't redoing the game for those giving him a hard time. He's doing it for himself because he's upset over what happened with Ashley. Honestly I would've done the same thing. Hell I did it with Mass Effect 2 when I realized I spent too long doing side quests and got all my crew except the doctor killed at endgame. I spent so much time in the story with these characters and I cared too much to see them killed like that for my mistakes was inexcusable. So I restarted from the very beginning and made absolutely sure I did everything beforehand. And I guess Mark's the same way with this game.

Also as a sidenote, someone was nice enough to record and upload Mark's recent charity stream in case anyone missed it or needed to refresh on topics discussed. Just search markiplier dbsa on Youtube and you'll find it easily.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:46 pm

I read some comments you can actually start the particular chapter again but some people said you have to start the whole game, I never played the game so I have no idea what's true or not D: Restarting a chapter doesn't sound too bad but kind of sucks you have to start all over. I want some of Mark's patience XD But eh I eventually come back to things sometimes, could be awhile but meh. Procrastination really does suck >_> At least now I'm off the meds that was making me feel worst, I feel more clear minded and motivated. Someone also said what Mark is doing is cheating. I can kinda see how it possibly is but I dunno. I remember when I played Oregon Trail for the mac computer, if someone I liked died or something I'd sometimes start over or get upset. I have yet to watch Jack's playthrough, I watched Dlive's and I want to finish Wade's playthrough....I honestly can't remember what part I last left off on. I think I already went past the part where Mike meets the wolf/dog and fingers stuck (Okay Josh, that was a really horrible mean joke if that was your doing, not cool). Man this game is good at making me cringe at a few stuff XD Good thing I finished eating my lunch before I saw the thing with Ashley D:

Did you guys see what the cast behind the game actually looks like? :O It's so weird they look exactly like the characters :O I always liked Hayden too. I never heard of the other people :P I think the voice of Jess was in the Mean Girls movie 2 (I like to imdb stuff, such a nerd XD)

I agree it sucks how people get all pissed off at lets players. CAN YOU SEE MARK IS UPSET? Don't make him feel worst >_>

EternalSunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by EternalSunshine » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:59 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Yeah I'm surprised Mark decided to redo Until Dawn as well. I don't think I ever recall him getting that upset over a game like that apart from rage titles.

I've so far only watched 4 LPers playthrough of Until Dawn: Mark, Cry, Jack, and Jesse Cox. So far Jesse's group has had the best ending because they only got Matt killed with Cry a close second. (he got Matt, Jess, and Sam killed) Jack by far has done the worst with getting everyone but Matt, Chris, and Sam killed and he was quite upset, not just at himself, but the people in the comments section giving him a hard time.

I don't get why people are so nasty about these things. Just because the LPer chose a different scenario than you when playing the same game, it doesn't make your choices in your playthrough invalid. The game's meant to have different outcomes, it adds more to the story and promotes replay value. Everybody's different, just accept that.

But Mark isn't redoing the game for those giving him a hard time. He's doing it for himself because he's upset over what happened with Ashley. Honestly I would've done the same thing. Hell I did it with Mass Effect 2 when I realized I spent too long doing side quests and got all my crew except the doctor killed at endgame. I spent so much time in the story with these characters and I cared too much to see them killed like that for my mistakes was inexcusable. So I restarted from the very beginning and made absolutely sure I did everything beforehand. And I guess Mark's the same way with this game.

Also as a sidenote, someone was nice enough to record and upload Mark's recent charity stream in case anyone missed it or needed to refresh on topics discussed. Just search markiplier dbsa on Youtube and you'll find it easily.

Yay, thank you! I could hardly watch any of the stream, so now I can check some of it out.

About Until Dawn: I've calmed down :) I was just really invested in the story and deliberately didn't watch other LPers play it until Mark was finished, and I kinda wanted to see it go through the end. But I guess I understand that he doesn't, and games offer you a luxury that life doesn't, which is starting over, so why not take advantage of that.

@Aquarian Horse: My guess is the reason he didn't upload a second one is because he did three yesterday (I guess he wanted to upload the pink vlog right away), so I wouldn't worry :) He's probably out in LA trying his new hair out ;)

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:52 pm

Or he's doing a marathon session of Until Dawn. :lol:

Besides Mark, I'm watching CoryxKenshin play Until Dawn (already finished Jack's and Felix's playthroughs). The game may be loaded with horror tropes and cliches, but it's really interesting to see how each of their decisions altered the story, even if only slightly. I could be wrong, but this game seems to be better at using tiny decisions to influence big plot twists than Life is Strange so far.

Chatterbox_380
Talker
Talker

Post by Chatterbox_380 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:05 pm

I've watched Wade's playthrough (with zero deaths) to poor Jack where almost everybody died. I feel for Mark and I'm wondering if he knows about the restarting chapter vs restarting the whole darn game again.

Thought from my head, typed on my phone.
*current game I'm playing* Sim3. (Don't judge me!)

10 inch dicks are like communism.

Great in theory,
terrible in real life.

fishnchippychips
Learner
Learner

Post by fishnchippychips » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:28 am

Do you think Mark spent ages replaying Until Dawn yesterday and didn't manage to record anything else for today? Would explain the livestream footage as a video haha :lol:

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:08 am

fishnchippychips wrote:Do you think Mark spent ages replaying Until Dawn yesterday and didn't manage to record anything else for today? Would explain the livestream footage as a video haha :lol:

More than likely. He probably did replay and recorded all the way to endgame. That or he's working on a sketch with Cyndago. He did say he was gonna do another Warfstache skit with the pink hair.

Also he said during the livestream he's working with Random Encounters again for another FNAF Musical and I saw on their Instagram they have the set ready. (also another return of Enis, probably for Halloween! Hope Mark and Dodger will return for that as well! :tu: )

He may also be doing something with Pewds since he and Marzia are staying in LA for a month.

And he might be taking care of stuff from the livestream, making sure the money went through, getting the ipods out to the winners, etc. Or he's getting the volunteer event in Arizona up and running.

It's hard to tell specifically what he's doing since he's always running around doing something, though he still had some editing in the Agar.io video from the stream. Guess we'll see come his next upload.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:14 am

fishnchippychips wrote:Do you think Mark spent ages replaying Until Dawn yesterday and didn't manage to record anything else for today? Would explain the livestream footage as a video haha :lol:

I have no doubt. :lol: He looked damn serious about redoing everything yesterday, and that takes time. I'm not even expecting a second video, though I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes himself to get something out there anyway.

And @M0nkeeButt makes some very good points. Between the sketches, charity stuff, and possibly dropping in on Felix for a couple hours (though Felix looks pretty busy with his own work) in addition to replaying it, I doubt he's had much time for actually uploading anything new.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:35 am

Did you guys see the interview that was just uploaded? AWESOME! I did a mental face palm and did a "OH NO..." When Wilfred said people call Mark daddy because stupid tweens will call him daddy when he said in a live stream he didn't like it.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PUPPIES AND KITTENS, DO NOT CALL MARK YOUR DADDY! It's creepy on some many levels especially if you have a crush on the guy and call him daddy, that's so wrong...just don't.

I'm being snarky, sorrybutnotreally XD (I'm actually in a good mood XD)

I even on a yt comment someone say "RIP DADDY" and I said he doesn't like to be called daddy.

Overall I LOVEd the interview, I thought it was hilarious XD

fishnchippychips
Learner
Learner

Post by fishnchippychips » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:41 am

AquarianHorse wrote:Did you guys see the interview that was just uploaded? AWESOME! I did a mental face palm and did a "OH NO..." When Wilfred said people call Mark daddy because stupid tweens will call him daddy when he said in a live stream he didn't like it.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PUPPIES AND KITTENS, DO NOT CALL MARK YOUR DADDY! It's creepy on some many levels especially if you have a crush on the guy and call him daddy, that's so wrong...just don't.

I'm being snarky, sorrybutnotreally XD (I'm actually in a good mood XD)

I even on a yt comment someone say "RIP DADDY" and I said he doesn't like to be called daddy.

Overall I LOVEd the interview, I thought it was hilarious XD

Yeah I think him saying that was his way of referencing that he knows a to of the tweens call him that, people should know by now that he doesn't like it but they still call him daddy anyway :roll:
But I really enjoyed the video, i like that they filmed part of it before he dyed his hair I thought that was clever, and I usually like Mark and Cyndago's sketch humour anyway so yeah, it was great :D

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:18 pm

The interview was...interesting. :lol: I didn't hate it. I started out loving it, actually, especially using the hair color thing. I just wasn't expecting a darker twist like that. Which, really, shame on me for not seeing that coming, since usually someone ends up dead in nearly every Cyndago sketch. It kind of made me ill, if I'm being honest here. But like I said, I didn't hate it. Cyndago stuff is creative, and for the most part it's awesome. I think the problem is more with me than with the sketch, but I probably won't watch it again because of that. And he clearly enjoyed it, so hey, everyone wins.

I will say though, if that's his "play dead" face and it wasn't CGI or SFXed over, from an acting perspective he's come leaps and bounds from the "death" he portrayed when they hit him with the car and he couldn't stop blinking. :rofl:

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:25 pm

I'M CRYING, THAT FACE!!!
The video was just too weird, I don't know what to say, what to think, it was just a huge WTF??? and I guess I liked it?! :rofl:
This is how I feel about it actually, he has the best facial expressions though, it needs to be said!

Last edited by moran on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Guess I'm the elephant in the room for this one! :tu: :rofl:

Personally, I can't get into Cyndago's humor. I respect them as content creators being a three man operation (four if you count Mark) and are able to do so much like set building, costumes, camera work, editing and effects, sound, (their ASMR video was really well made) writing their own sketches, creating their own music, acting, they are all very talented and I wish them all the best in their endeavors.

But really I don't find their style of comedy funny. Morbid imagery, sexual innuendos and shock value can only get you so far and that's all they seem to do. You expect that sick twist at the end and the lead-up to it isn't very good. I didn't find the build-up to the stab entertaining, mainly awkward, the murder was dragged out too long, and at the end when Warfstache was interviewing Mark after killing him I just felt uncomfortable.

Like I said, I respect Cyndago's talents and I'm glad they are there for Mark and that they are doing something they love. If that's what they want their comedy to be, by all means enjoy. And I don't mind that others feel differently from me and really love it, that is perfectly fine and I respect your feelings and opinion on it. These are just my personal thoughts and feelings on it.

Also the daddy messages need to die in a fire. If Mark doesn't like it, you respect his wishes. Period.

DollySmooth
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DollySmooth » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:47 pm

Offtopic: moran, I love your avatar. Rami is one of my favorite actors and I felt bad for Josh during Until Dawn XD

The interview was funny but at the same time I was like "that escalated quickly." Cyndago are a funny bunch, some times it's a little to weird, but they're fans of Tim & Eric and I see a lot of similarities between them. Definitely not everyone's type of humor.
We can't stop here, this is bat country.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:39 pm

Not even the Markiplier Tumblr tag is safe right now. :lol: So many gifs of that video...you could put them all together and recreate the full 5 minutes. :roll:

These describe more accurately what I was trying to say earlier:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:[...]and at the end when Warfstache was interviewing Mark after killing him I just felt uncomfortable.

DollySmooth wrote:The interview was funny but at the same time I was like "that escalated quickly."

The end made me physically uncomfortable, even ill, though I knew it was all acting. If that even makes sense. :P Even now I find myself flinching at all those gifs taken of the second half of the interview. Guess I'll wait for the gif blizzard to calm down before venturing back to Tumblr.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:49 pm

kei wrote:Not even the Markiplier Tumblr tag is safe right now. :lol: So many gifs of that video...you could put them all together and recreate the full 5 minutes. :roll:

These describe more accurately what I was trying to say earlier:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:[...]and at the end when Warfstache was interviewing Mark after killing him I just felt uncomfortable.

DollySmooth wrote:The interview was funny but at the same time I was like "that escalated quickly."

The end made me physically uncomfortable, even ill, though I knew it was all acting. If that even makes sense. :P Even now I find myself flinching at all those gifs taken of the second half of the interview. Guess I'll wait for the gif blizzard to calm down before venturing back to Tumblr.

Why do I have a sickening feeling that some of these girls are getting off on seeing Mark brutally murdered? It was creepy enough when they thought him smacking the floor and hurting himself was hot.

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Come on now, I get having different tastes and humor but I mean, really?
Was it unconfortable? I guess.
Was it too long? Sure.
Was it awkward? Absolutely!
The Cyndago guys already runned over him with a car, his "dead face" was silly as usual and Wilford is always been cruel and violent (remember he shot a dog and a baby) there's no need to be over dramatic over something like this!

Return to “Markiplier”