We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier - Part 3

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 3

Post by Kierans » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Warfstache is nothing but awkward, so that was to be expected, I guess. I mostly liked the video! The garter shot had me like, "WTF?" :lol:

Random, but I hope we get to see Darkiplier again sometime soon! :P Halloween's less than two months away, after all...

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:55 pm

moran wrote:Come on now, I get having different tastes and humor but I mean, really?
Was it unconfortable? I guess.
Was it too long? Sure.
Was it awkward? Absolutely!
The Cyndago guys already runned over him with a car, his "dead face" was silly as usual and Wilford is always been cruel and violent (remember he shot a dog and a baby) there's no need to be over dramatic over something like this!

I'm not sure where the drama is. Everyone was stating their own thoughts on the sketch. Some liked it, some didn't, and we all stated those thoughts accordingly. No one was attacking Mark or Cyndago or anyone with a different thought process. We were just discussing.

You're welcome to have enjoyed the sketch, that's fine. Nobody is attacking you for it. We're all open on here and don't always have to agree.

I said right off the bat in my post that I respect Daniel, Matt, and Ryan's efforts and talents and I wish them all the best. Just personally I don't like their type of humor. That doesn't mean everyone has to think like I do.

I'm sorry if you felt attacked by my opinion, that was never my intention. I was just stating my own thoughts on here like everyone else.

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:07 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:I'm not sure where the drama is. Everyone was stating their own thoughts on the sketch. Some liked it, some didn't, and we all stated those thoughts accordingly. No one was attacking Mark or Cyndago or anyone with a different thought process. We were just discussing.

You're welcome to have enjoyed the sketch, that's fine. Nobody is attacking you for it. We're all open on here and don't always have to agree.

I said right off the bat in my post that I respect Daniel, Matt, and Ryan's efforts and talents and I wish them all the best. Just personally I don't like their type of humor. That doesn't mean everyone has to think like I do.

I'm sorry if you felt attacked by my opinion, that was never my intention. I was just stating my own thoughts on here like everyone else.

No need to be passive aggressive Monkee, saying it was physically uncomfortable or ill was a bit much imo, I don't want to invalidate your feelings but we know Cyndago and we know Wilford so why such a shocked reaction? This is what bothered me.
I didn't feel attacked by your opinions, I just felt they were a bit exaggerated considering, again, that we all know who the subjects are, that's it.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:20 pm

moran wrote:
No need to be passive aggressive Monkee, saying it was physically uncomfortable or ill was a bit much imo, I don't want to invalidate your feelings but we know Cyndago and we know Wilford so why such a shocked reaction? This is what bothered me.
I didn't feel attacked by your opinions, I just felt they were a bit exaggerated considering, again, that we all know who the subjects are, that's it.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be passive aggressive. It just seemed like you were upset I didn't agree with your opinion. Sorry if that came out in my post.

I didn't say that the sketch made me physically ill. Yes I admit it did make me a bit uncomfortable, but not to the point where I couldn't watch it again. I think it was that someone else said that they found the ending creepy and the fact that it's plastered all over Tumblr didn't help. And I wasn't surprised by the dark ending, I've come to expect it from Cyndago, so I knew there was gonna be some twist at the end. I just personally didn't like it or the way it was executed.

I guess my thoughts weren't that clear in my posts. Sorry. :(

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:23 pm

moran wrote:Come on now, I get having different tastes and humor but I mean, really?
Was it unconfortable? I guess.
Was it too long? Sure.
Was it awkward? Absolutely!
The Cyndago guys already runned over him with a car, his "dead face" was silly as usual and Wilford is always been cruel and violent (remember he shot a dog and a baby) there's no need to be over dramatic over something like this!

Well, like I said. He's happy with it, so that's all that really matters. And others clearly enjoyed it, and that's fine too. ;) But I wouldn't call other reactions dramatic, since they're just as valid. Example: I was totally fine with the video showing him getting run over by the car. In fact, I loved that one. To me it was clever, especially the ending. And I already knew someone usually ends up dead or maimed by the end of their skits. Especially anything involving his Warfstache character. :lol:

This one was more...grisly is the only way to describe it, I guess. Not in the death, but the way it was portrayed. Maybe that was the problem, at least to me. Hell, I completely missed the garter thing until someone pointed it out because my mind was already connecting up what was about to happen. :P And he's definitely been practicing "playing dead", so respect to him for it because making it look realistic is some hard shit, but that also gave my discomfort an almost visceral undertone. But I already mentioned it seemed more like a problem with me than with the sketch. I like their other stuff, this one just wasn't for me.

Again, I'm not discounting others' reactions, and I know some people really liked it. That's cool. :) But having an aversion to gore-related comedy is just as valid, I would say, and not dramatic. It made me uncomfortable, and yes, a little ill as a result. That was just reality, not actually drama. But that's just one reaction of many. I already decided not to watch the video again, but that doesn't make it a bad video. He's already said he wants to eventually do a horror movie with the guys, so I would expect a lot more of it at some point. :P Hell, I'd probably pay to see it then...
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:58 am

Yeah I will admit I had a few laughs with the interview, but I still don't like Cyndago. They need to chillax with all the innuendo jokes. I don't know maybe they're nice guys, but just their humor screams" SEX SEX SEX SEX!" I don't mind some sex jokes once in awhile but yeah. I'm glad I am not the only one not a fan of their humor.

Is it just me or does Mark mostly seem to upload bloopers, old videos he already did with others and stuff more often o_O? It's like "Yeah I already saw or been part of this (the ariago game)" Maybe I am being too picky, or it's I just didn't even wake up fully yet, I am not too friendly in the morning usually XD

fishnchippychips
Learner
Learner

Post by fishnchippychips » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:00 am

AquarianHorse wrote:Yeah I will admit I had a few laughs with the interview, but I still don't like Cyndago. They need to chillax with all the innuendo jokes. I don't know maybe they're nice guys, but just their humor screams" SEX SEX SEX SEX!" I don't mind some sex jokes once in awhile but yeah. I'm glad I am not the only one not a fan of their humor.

Is it just me or does Mark mostly seem to upload bloopers, old videos he already did with others and stuff more often o_O? It's like "Yeah I already saw or been part of this (the ariago game)" Maybe I am being too picky, or it's I just didn't even wake up fully yet, I am not too friendly in the morning usually XD

I think the Warfstache sketch, hair dyeing and his aim to replay all of Until Dawn has taken up a lot of Mark's time recently so he hasn't had much of a chance to film anything else. Hopefully we'll get something new soon, but I guess until then he's been putting out livestream footage and stuff so the channel isn't lacking videos altogether :D

Kitten1529
Learner
Learner

Post by Kitten1529 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:28 pm

There is no cringe, eye roll, or face palm big enough for his Yandere Simulator #4. :( :roll: Wake me up when he posts another Until Dawn, or something that has at least a pinch of intellect or Not-Pewdiepie-ness.

Kitten1529
Learner
Learner

Post by Kitten1529 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:38 pm

Also (double post) his rage from the last Until Dawn (especially the 'drawing the line in the sand' part) is how he should've addressed the bullying when he was at PAX, as well as how he should've written the Tumblr post(s). I know it's done and over with, but it's just a spark of thought that came through my mind that I wanted to post on the Internet (Which is funny since I never do that with any of my other social media accounts. So why start now? Huh me?)

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:14 pm

I was a little disappointed when I saw that he's still playing Yandere Simulator. That game's been so overplayed by Let's Players in its unfinished state, that when it's finally done, people will be too sick of it to play it for themselves. I could be wrong, but there still doesn't seem to be much to do in the game. At least other "Youtube bait" games like Goat Simulator were actually funny. :P That's just my opinion, though.

Kitten1529 wrote:Also (double post) his rage from the last Until Dawn (especially the 'drawing the line in the sand' part) is how he should've addressed the bullying when he was at PAX, as well as how he should've written the Tumblr post(s). I know it's done and over with, but it's just a spark of thought that came through my mind that I wanted to post on the Internet (Which is funny since I never do that with any of my other social media accounts. So why start now? Huh me?)

Not to bring all that up again, but...well, here goes. :lol: I think he was raging in that first Tumblr post, he just backed down very quickly. I don't think he's comfortable with talking that way to the fans, so he's been trying to find other ways to get his point across.

About Until Dawn, I hope he doesn't replay the whole game just to get everyone killed at the end. Don't mind me, I'm just a tad bit obsessed with that game.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Kitten1529 wrote:Also (double post) his rage from the last Until Dawn (especially the 'drawing the line in the sand' part) is how he should've addressed the bullying when he was at PAX, as well as how he should've written the Tumblr post(s). I know it's done and over with, but it's just a spark of thought that came through my mind that I wanted to post on the Internet (Which is funny since I never do that with any of my other social media accounts. So why start now? Huh me?)

I think that's how he did write things on Tumblr, at least at first. Then he started second-guessing himself, which is where he got into trouble with the subsequent half-assed posts and the fucking kitten/puppy spam fest that still lingers today.

And I definitely get where you're coming from, but honestly if he did that at PAX, not only would he have frightened people, he could also easily have alienated his fans in the audience who had no clue what was going on. Causing even a mild panic in a crowd is a bad idea, and I'm fairly certain he was weighing each word before it left his mouth because he knew that. His angry side, frankly, is terrifying. I'm legit glad he's spoken out repeatedly against physical violence, because he's clearly demonstrated his capability for it before.

Saying anything at all about it in such a public, livestreamed place like that panel was a huge risk, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I have the utmost respect that he took that chance. But I think acting the way he did in the most recent Until Dawn video would have turned people away from his message rather than emphasize it because screaming passionately about it, in this case, wouldn't have made the message clearer.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P

Kitten1529
Learner
Learner

Post by Kitten1529 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:31 pm

kei wrote:

I think that's how he did write things on Tumblr, at least at first. Then he started second-guessing himself, which is where he got into trouble with the subsequent half-assed posts and the fucking kitten/puppy spam fest that still lingers today.

And I definitely get where you're coming from, but honestly if he did that at PAX, not only would he have frightened people, he could also easily have alienated his fans in the audience who had no clue what was going on. Causing even a mild panic in a crowd is a bad idea, and I'm fairly certain he was weighing each word before it left his mouth because he knew that. His angry side, frankly, is terrifying. I'm legit glad he's spoken out repeatedly against physical violence, because he's clearly demonstrated his capability for it before.

Saying anything at all about it in such a public, livestreamed place like that panel was a huge risk, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I have the utmost respect that he took that chance. But I think acting the way he did in the most recent Until Dawn video would have turned people away from his message rather than emphasize it because screaming passionately about it, in this case, wouldn't have made the message clearer.

I didn't think about that. Excellent points. All of my kudos are now yours.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:04 am

I love how Mark can be really thorough when he wants to be (and when he's using a walkthrough). :P He mentioned that the game from Josh's POV would be awesome, and I agree. I didn't like Josh at first, but seeing him break down in multiple playthroughs has been really sad. :(

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:23 am

Kierans wrote:I love how Mark can be really thorough when he wants to be (and when he's using a walkthrough). :P He mentioned that the game from Josh's POV would be awesome, and I agree. I didn't like Josh at first, but seeing him break down in multiple playthroughs has been really sad. :(

Yeah honestly the stuff with the Wendigo really didn't need to be in the game. It would've been fine just having it that Josh was messing with his friends and slowly losing his mind over the loss of his sisters. But I thoroughly enjoyed this episode of Until Dawn, even if I'm still not used to seeing Mark with pink hair.

Some people however are not happy about Mark starting over surprisingly. Either you get people upset he got Ashely and Matt killed or they're upset he restarted the whole game over. No pleasing these people! :rofl:

He even responded to someone on Facebook about it:

See, here's the thing. You say you want me to play the game my way. But I honestly WANTED to play through the entire game again just to save a character I like. That is at the most base level MY way of playing that game and the average person likely wouldn't do that. But I did. I didn't restart the game for all of your benefit, I did it for my personal satisfaction.

Good on him I say! :respekt:

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:49 am

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Yeah honestly the stuff with the Wendigo really didn't need to be in the game. It would've been fine just having it that Josh was messing with his friends and slowly losing his mind over the loss of his sisters. But I thoroughly enjoyed this episode of Until Dawn, even if I'm still not used to seeing Mark with pink hair.

Some people however are not happy about Mark starting over surprisingly. Either you get people upset he got Ashely and Matt killed or they're upset he restarted the whole game over. No pleasing these people! :rofl:

He even responded to someone on Facebook about it:

See, here's the thing. You say you want me to play the game my way. But I honestly WANTED to play through the entire game again just to save a character I like. That is at the most base level MY way of playing that game and the average person likely wouldn't do that. But I did. I didn't restart the game for all of your benefit, I did it for my personal satisfaction.

Good on him I say! :respekt:

I agree. :) I'm glad he went back to redo it. Not because I wanted a different ending, but because it was obvious he did. I doubt he would have enjoyed the rest of the game knowing Ashley could have lived. The others (Jack, Cry) were still satisfied with how things turned out, so I was happy they left their playthroughs as-is. But Mark was clearly upset over the Ashley thing (as if the off-screen screaming wasn't enough of a hint :lol: ) so it seemed like it was important to him to go back and change things. I'm glad he didn't let the "you only get one shot, you can't go back" comments get to him. It's not like he restarted the whole series and made everyone watch, he just started recording right where he picked up last time. So yeah, :respekt:

Also, kind of off-topic, but I just had my WTF moment of the day: I'm watching a YT video by a guy completely unrelated to gaming in legit any way possible, but he's sounding off on the the Nicole Arbour issue and has small clips from other people's response vids. He didn't play Onision's response video, but it showed up as a "recommended" video when one of the other videos ended...and Onision's clickbait thumbnail has Mark on it. So out of nowhere Mark's face is staring back at me on the channel of a guy who has no idea who he is and couldn't be any less interested in gaming, and it's all Onision's fault. :lol:

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:45 pm

Until Dawn end had me like this, GOD BLESS YOU MARK! I don't care if what he did was cheating, it showed the kind of person he is and honestly I love that because I'd do it myself!
Also he ended up liking my poor baby Josh!
Last edited by moran on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:52 pm

I liked it, too! That finale never fails to be super intense.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:46 pm

I'm watching the 2nd to last part of the Until Dawn Let's Play. (The pink in Mark's hair looks better than I thought, I am not a fan of buzzcuts on anyone but he rocks it :D He should do really light blue i think that would go well with his skin tone and black hair. Random q: Did he REALLY have blonde highlights once? Did he do it for particular reason? Does it show in any videos? :O)

Hm anyone notice you can't directly reply to Mark like doing the @ or + I haven't tried on other videos but it seems that's off? Eh oh well I guess? XD

Ugh those damn trolls are really sick -_- They're just jealous of Mark's kindness :D

I'm really curious to know how people like Mark, or Jack, Wade, etc or anyone handle trolls or mean comments without it REALLY letting you break you down. My problem is I let really mean people (bullies, trolls) get to me and I take what they say to heart. I know they say it's the internet, don't take it seriously but words hurt. I will admit it is fun to mess with trolls right back sometimes XD :P

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:56 pm

AquarianHorse wrote:I'm watching the 2nd to last part of the Until Dawn Let's Play. (The pink in Mark's hair looks better than I thought, I am not a fan of buzzcuts on anyone but he rocks it :D He should do really light blue i think that would go well with his skin tone and black hair. Random q: Did he REALLY have blonde highlights once? Did he do it for particular reason? Does it show in any videos? :O)

He said in the dyeing vlog that he did it for high school marching band, I believe. I'm interested to see how his hair looks once the pink fades a little. It's almost blinding right now. :P

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Cool! He looks good with the blonde too :D Black goes with anything really XD;. Course you ahve to be careful with skin tone, etc. I did blonde highlights back in high school days :) Fun times but I am gonna stick with my natural medium/dark brown :P I did do it darker couple years ago, everyone liked it but my grandma..pfft. :roll: Basically it looked black but if ya looked closely you can tell it was really a dark brown ;)

Watching the Final Until Breaking Dawn :D That's cool Mark did it on his own instead of people saying yeah you have to redo it, or him feeling like he has to do it for others. It's nicer to do things on your own/for yourself.

Hm I do have a question, with Josh setting everything up, there were definitely no ghosts of Beth being around right or was there? If there was no ghost , the ghost story loving part of me is sad XD

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:33 pm

Yeah I'm still getting used to the pink hair too. It's super bright. Curious to see what it will look like once the color fades a bit. I thought it looked nice when it was just bleached, but who knows if he'll dye his hair again after this. Jack's green hair for some reason just seems natural to me, I don't know why. Maybe because the color isn't so blinding like Mark's.

Wonder what Mark's mom thinks of this? Apparently his mom was against him having contacts because she thought his glasses made people relate to him more and he was gonna lose subs over that because he's too handsome without glasses. Does she think the same with pink hair?

But yeah that was awesome Mark got everyone out alive in Until Dawn! He did even better than Jesse and Cry! And what's more he stuck true to himself and played the game how HE wanted! :respekt:

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:03 pm

I don't know how people can do contacts to be honest XD I don't like the idea of having fingers/items near my eyes ;; I wear glasses 24/7 well 'cept when I sleep and shower :P

Mark should do what he wants in regards to appearance, he doesn't live with his mom anyway anymore :P I do hope he can wear glasses though sometimes. glasses are cool :) LOL I love how people get butt hurt when people thought he was being serious with the whole "People that wear glasses are stupid idiots" thing during that one game XD When I first watched that I KNEW he was joking XD To be fair sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is joking or not sometimes :P (for me anyway).

DanceApocalyptic
Talker
Talker

Post by DanceApocalyptic » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:13 pm

The combination of me getting my internet back and there actually being something to talk about has brought me back. :tyvm:

I did love the ending of the game, things really started to pick up. Josh's history, decent into madness and ultimate fate is what had me most intrigued. And although a bad end would have been interesting to see, if he himself wanted to play it over, let him. It's not like he recorded an entirely new playthough. He picked up right where he left off and we didn't miss much, so no big deal.

The pink hair is growing on me. Not as bad as I thought it would look, he does rock it. But it still is distractedly highlighter bright. I know sure he died a blonde streak in his hair before (and it looked good.) What you say about his mom having a big influence on his appearance a while back is intriguing as well (explains the glasses, although his mothers reasoning makes no sense to me. Doesn't explain the Asian dad bowlcut he used to sport. Or does it?).

Thing is, now that Until Dawn is done, what is he going to play? He had no other series running besides that and now that its over... Mostly likely back to indie one shots.
Ain't no order in this courtroom.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:35 pm

It be nice if he can continue some games he started like the eye ball one thing and the other game where you have to feed monsters at night, kinda like a Five Nights at Freddy's game :D

Random: I am listening to the music that would be in Mark's ontro.........I'm liking it, damnit Mark...a friend told me it was called Glitch Hop. I thought it was more electronic or something, *shrug* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Y7EuCymi0 Some of it is really pretty. Do you guys like this kind of music? :O (I like the music in Wade's ontro...what song is that? It's so mysterious and nice!)

Yeah it's understandable that parents/other family members,friends can have bit of an influence on ya. I wonder if Mark feels like he owes his mom something from how he was kicked out or something? :O Who knows just a thought I had but who knows. :) To be fair glasses are a pain sometimes, smearing out of NO where or can't get clean well enough but I feel weird without 'em XD

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:05 am

DanceApocalyptic wrote:The combination of me getting my internet back and there actually being something to talk about has brought me back. :tyvm:

I did love the ending of the game, things really started to pick up. Josh's history, decent into madness and ultimate fate is what had me most intrigued. And although a bad end would have been interesting to see, if he himself wanted to play it over, let him. It's not like he recorded an entirely new playthough. He picked up right where he left off and we didn't miss much, so no big deal.

The pink hair is growing on me. Not as bad as I thought it would look, he does rock it. But it still is distractedly highlighter bright. I know sure he died a blonde streak in his hair before (and it looked good.) What you say about his mom having a big influence on his appearance a while back is intriguing as well (explains the glasses, although his mothers reasoning makes no sense to me. Doesn't explain the Asian dad bowlcut he used to sport. Or does it?).

Thing is, now that Until Dawn is done, what is he going to play? He had no other series running besides that and now that its over... Mostly likely back to indie one shots.

Well he did say during the livestream that he was gonna play Fran Bow (he played the demo of it long ago) so there's always that until SOMA comes out. I'm still holding out for Corpse Party, but who knows.

I think I recall the blonde streak in his hair, but I think it was just temporary dye. And then he said he frosted his tips for marching band. But yeah the pink is definitely growing, it just stands out so much now because of how bright it is and that mixed with the light gives his forehead a more shiny quality to it.

But yeah when he said that in the livestream I was quite surprised. That logic doesn't quite make sense to me unless she doesn't want the fangirls fawning all over him like a pride of lions stalking an antelope.

Return to “Markiplier”