We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 4

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 4

Post by Kierans » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:25 am

PurpleAdder wrote:LMAO!!!!!!

Oh hey. Fancy seeing you here again, Jess.

TheFormerLurker
Learner
Learner

Post by TheFormerLurker » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:25 am

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
moran wrote:Wait, Shy and Fatprincess left this thread/Markiplier's forum or are they just gonna be less active???

They left entirely. :(

Oh no :( Why? I quite enjoyed reading their opinions. Sorry if they stated previously why, I haven't caught up yet as I'm currently at work :P

Kierans wrote:
PurpleAdder wrote:LMAO!!!!!!

Oh hey. Fancy seeing you here again, Jess.

She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named! Oh no here we go again, I knew it was only a matter of time :corn: The thread will explode again :rofl:
Image Image

Ely
Learner
Learner

Post by Ely » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:32 am

Whoa, whoa, whoa! What did I just returned to? This topic is now veering to territory that is no longer to a civil and respectful discussion.

I saw all of Markiplier's PAX East streams. I remember two different occasions where he acted haughty and like his brash self (or douche-like behavior, as so many of you described it as).

Grumpycat, I do believe you are going overboard with your description of the events because I saw that stream and rewatched it again. Both his panel with his friends and the extra panel with Yami added along with the usual Wade and Bob.

Now, here is my question: are you describing the birthday request one or the one where he goes to the person "look at the audience and me, you're missing it. ha, ha!" one.

Also, PurpleAdder isn't Jess. The mods made it quite clear it is a different person. And PurpleAdder, if you do not have anything to share in a respectful matter, then don't spam the thread with just emojis. You can be reported for needlessly spamming the thread.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:32 am

They're both officially out of the thread, moran. :( I can't say I blame them, really.

Um, recap...recap...do you mean for the past 4 "Mark's Relationships" threads? That's hard to do :P But if it's mainly about his relationship with Jess, everyone (well, everyone who saw the quadzillion photos of him using her pillows/stuffed animals/shirt) already knew they were living together at one point, and saw from her tweets in January exactly when they broke up. It's not really a surprise to anyone here. And then Jess herself came here to supposedly "clear the air" about things, but given the fact she wasn't allowed to outright say if they'd been together once, it didn't help all that much. Still, she did make it pretty clear that she had been his gf once without ever using the word "girlfriend".

The primary issue people had with the whole issue is that he went out of his way to hide the fact he was taken, back during a period in his career where that unusual level of secrecy was unnecessary and almost disturbing. And when evidence presented itself, people were hoping for him to say anything, even a simple "fuck off leave me alone", rather than the carefully crafted wall of silence around him. That's when folks started feeling uneasy. He pretends to be so open about his life, yet acted like a bachelor his entire time on Youtube when he was taken for 2/3 of that time. And when his fans put 2 and 2 together, he stayed totally silent.

Mark has built much of his Markiplier persona on an aura of transparency and availability. When people began to see it wasn't the case, he shut down and withdrew from the questions, allowing the tumblr bullies to take over and protect their "precious cinnamon roll". That is the exact moment this perfect storm started brewing. It was compounded when Mark finally did say something, because he sent over 6000 people to Jess' Youtube channel to subscribe for no legit reason except "hey we used to date, and I still like her". That rubbed people the wrong way, especially since Jess has quite specifically stated she wanted to be known for her own efforts instead of just being Markiplier's ex.

A lot of people were driven here from tumblr when his more oblivious fans and "white knights" bullied them out of the Markiplier tag for asking the forbidden gf question. (Or, like me, when he broke down in the 8 million video and no one one tumblr seemed to get that it wasn't normal, even for him.)

I am made of suck at recaps. :| But hopefully that helped you, @ZC423. I'm probably forgetting stuff, but that's the gist of why some people are hurt over it. Unfortunately tumblr is only seeing the topmost surface layer of the issue and are shooting their collective mouth off without getting the actual facts. And in this case, that's almost entirely Mark's fault.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:35 am

ZC423 wrote:Is there some kind of summary that I could read? A lot of people only seem to have bits and pieces of the story; surely someone must've compiled everything.

Let me see if I can sum up what we know.

Jess was originally a fangirl and ended up becoming one of Mark's moderators on Twitch. They met in person at SDCC 2013 and talked some time online before that. Eventually they started dating mid 2013 and moved in together around August 2014. They broke up at the beginning of 2015 for whatever reason, in which she became suicidal over it and ended up in the hospital. But they seem to have reconciled and are friends, though considering this sudden promotion, we get the feeling they are back together or thinking of getting back together.

For the sake of privacy (supposedly) the relationship was kept a secret even though she apparently helped him with his sketches and video editing during the time they were together. But from her behavior on social media, it's obvious she wanted the relationship to be known and he didn't.

Then there was a post on Tumblr by a head moderator calling the two out and claimed Jess hated the mods and hated the fandom as a whole, in particular because around the time they were together in Dodger's Disneyland vlog Mark suddenly and without warning cut off all ties to his Twitch mods other than Wade, Bob, and Molly. Whether that's true or not has yet to be determined, but he did cut off ties with his mods for no explained reason.

If there's anything I missed members, please correct me.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:47 am

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
ZC423 wrote:Is there some kind of summary that I could read? A lot of people only seem to have bits and pieces of the story; surely someone must've compiled everything.

Jess was originally a fangirl and ended up becoming one of Mark's moderators on Twitch. They met in person at SDCC 2013 and talked some time online before that. Eventually they started dating mid 2013 and moved in together around August 2014. They broke up at the beginning of 2015 for whatever reason, in which she became suicidal over it and ended up in the hospital. But they seem to have reconciled and are friends, though considering this sudden promotion, we get the feeling they are back together or thinking of getting back together.

For the sake of privacy (supposedly) the relationship was kept a secret even though she apparently helped him with his sketches and video editing during the time they were together. But from her behavior on social media, it's obvious she wanted the relationship to be known and he didn't.

Then there was a post on Tumblr by a head moderator calling the two out and claimed Jess hated the mods and hated the fandom as a whole, in particular because around the time they were together in Dodger's Disneyland vlog Mark suddenly and without warning cut off all ties to his Twitch mods other than Wade, Bob, and Molly. Whether that's true or not has yet to be determined, but he did cut off ties with his mods for no explained reason.

Not to be mean, but think the suicidal tendency was for attention? Sorry I am just bitter right now.

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:53 am

AquarianHorse wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:

Not to be mean, but think the suicidal tendency was for attention? Sorry I am just bitter right now.

No, it was real. Jess confirmed she had General Anxiety Disorder. viewtopic.php?f=372&t=20946&p=1702251#p1702251
My purpose on Guru Gossip is partici...

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:57 am

Ahh okay. I just see/hear a lot of people online that fake things for attention so I wanted to be sure. Thanks.

DanceApocalyptic
Talker
Talker

Post by DanceApocalyptic » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:04 am

This thread is slowly devolving into bashing babble. As Frogert and Ely have said, stay on topic, keep a level head and don't start spouting stuff with no proof or attitude to back it up.

@ShyGutFlys and FatPrincess: Oh nooo! Farewell, you will be dearly missed. <3
Last edited by DanceApocalyptic on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ain't no order in this courtroom.

EternalSunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by EternalSunshine » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:05 am

Okay, I wanna say this upfront: I know I'm new here, and if I'm pissing anyone off I'll be happy to return to lurker status. Just let me know, either on the thread or by pm if I'm crossing lines as a newbie.

Now to the topic at hand: I've made it clear in my first post how I stand on Mark hiding his relationship, i.e. I don't really care that he did. I think it's fine that he mentioned it now, though the timing and most of all the reasons for it were... not the best.

That being said I understand you're upset. I just don't get why you're this upset about something you really already knew about. I mean, was there any doubt left on here that Jess is his exgirlfriend? We were expecting this moment to come, no?

You'd think he's strangled a kitten or something. Some people here are going from obviously being pretty big fans to literally saying "Fuck you Mark". Isn't that just the tiniest bit of an overreaction?

EternalSunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by EternalSunshine » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:08 am

AquarianHorse wrote:Not to be mean, but think the suicidal tendency was for attention? Sorry I am just bitter right now.

As someone who's been there myself in my early twenties, let me say: This is a very serious accusation :(

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:13 am

EternalSunshine wrote:
AquarianHorse wrote:Not to be mean, but think the suicidal tendency was for attention? Sorry I am just bitter right now.

As someone who's been there myself in my early twenties, let me say: This is a very serious accusation :(

Yeah sorry about that. I prefer not to talk about that anymore. I seen people on deviantart for example, fake cancer, etc for attention. I don't know Jess, so of course I wouldn't know was serious. :roll: So, please just drop it. I said I am sorry, move on. I'd delete the post but it has been quoted.

Mark was playing himself as a single, nice guy, then he lied about it. He made us think he was single when he wasn't. That's manipulation.

frogert
Informer
Informer

Post by frogert » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:18 am

EternalSunshine wrote:

Seeing as who it is about, not really.

This is someone who on board stated they didn't want to be known as Markiplier ex then gave Mark the okay to pimp her channel out, lying isn't exactly new for this girl or a stretch and like I said, given who it is about, it doesn't hurt to ask.

(More of a question then accusation to be fair)

Also PurpleAdder, don't you need to get ya some Chapstick on those lips? Sucking ass all day makes them dry I hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Everyone thought I was being a bitch, when all I was doing was being brutally honest" - Santana Lopez :love2:

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:19 am

EternalSunshine wrote:Okay, I wanna say this upfront: I know I'm new here, and if I'm pissing anyone off I'll be happy to return to lurker status. Just let me know, either on the thread or by pm if I'm crossing lines as a newbie.

Now to the topic at hand: I've made it clear in my first post how I stand on Mark hiding his relationship, i.e. I don't really care that he did. I think it's fine that he mentioned it now, though the timing and most of all the reasons for it were... not the best.

That being said I understand you're upset. I just don't get why you're this upset about something you really already knew about. I mean, was there any doubt left on here that Jess is his exgirlfriend? We were expecting this moment to come, no?

You'd think he's strangled a kitten or something. Some people here are going from obviously being pretty big fans to literally saying "Fuck you Mark". Isn't that just the tiniest bit of an overreaction?

We're more upset at the fact that he just gave her free channel promotion without any context and is brushing off the fact that he lied like you would a stray hair on a jacket. Also that he's giving her such glowing praise and credits her for his success when originally she was just some dirty little secret he just swept under the rug. Also the fact that the fans are blindly supporting this behavior.

Yes I admit our behavior, especially mine, is over the top. I am genuinely hurt by this. And this post makes me question even more if all the support I've given him over the years was wasted. So I just needed something to vent, I'm only human. 9 times out of 10 the minute something leaves my mouth or I type it out, it's out of my mind. Again though I take responsibility for my words and actions and I admit that I've been harsh in this.

Like I said, I'm hoping Mark will prove me wrong.

Kitten1529
Learner
Learner

Post by Kitten1529 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:23 am

Mark was playing himself as a single, nice guy, then he lied about it. He made us think he was single when he wasn't. That's manipulation.[/quote]

But you already knew this. This has been discussed for weeks and months. Just because he made a public statement you're blowing up about it. It's something he did that I thought everyone here understood, especially after Jess came here and talked. My point stands that if it bothered you this much, why are you reacting to it now instead of earlier when it was already assumed.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:24 am

I don't think anyone would be upset with you for speaking your mind, @EternalSunshine. :) And yeah, I see a lot of anger too. But again, I won't discount how they're feeling because I get it, even if I don't necessarily feel the same.

From what I can tell, it's the fact that he didn't just say "Yeah I had a gf". It was more like "you all forced my hand you mean, disrespectful people, so here she is, by the way go subscribe to her even though her content still needs improvement, for no other reason than we had a thing once and I still like her." Considering he's never done something like that for anyone before, or in that emotionally manipulative way, it's kind of a big deal.

To the others voicing their opinions, please let me know if that's not the case. I won't speak for others, just my own observation of the situation.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:29 am

I know but I just felt like Mark in the blog didn't think he did anything wrong about lying, I don't think he realizes that he made us think he was single by saying he was when he wasn't, but whatever.

I do hope to Mark can prove us wrong that he isn't what I think he is now.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:32 am

kei wrote:I don't think anyone would be upset with you for speaking your mind, @EternalSunshine. :) And yeah, I see a lot of anger too. But again, I won't discount how they're feeling because I get it, even if I don't necessarily feel the same.

From what I can tell, it's the fact that he didn't just say "Yeah I had a gf". It was more like "you all forced my hand you mean, disrespectful people, so here she is, by the way go subscribe to her even though her content still needs improvement, for no other reason than we had a thing once and I still like her." Considering he's never done something like that for anyone before, or in that emotionally manipulative way, it's kind of a big deal.

To the others voicing their opinions, please let me know if that's not the case. I won't speak for others, just my own observation of the situation.

I agree with that too. The way he promoted her was also emotionally manipulative. And when she came on here, she outright told us that she wanted to get success through her own merits and not be labeled as Mark's ex, but now she's never gonna get that, and I suspect highly that her statement on here was a lie.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:33 am

I know but I just felt like Mark in the blog didn't think he did anything wrong about lying, I don't think he realizes that he made us think he was single by saying he was when he wasn't, but whatever.

I do hope to Mark can prove us wrong that he isn't what I think he is now.

I'm done explaining myself. It's not worth it. Sorry I just hate drama especially targeted towards me. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut. So sorry.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:38 am

Okay, this may be a gossip site and I know some of us are upset about how this has all gone down...but I also don't want us (including me) to get so carried away that we start actually generating hate. Let's continue to respect the site's rules and each other. :tu:

Kitten1529 wrote:But you already knew this. This has been discussed for weeks and months. Just because he made a public statement you're blowing up about it. It's something he did that I thought everyone here understood, especially after Jess came here and talked. My point stands that if it bothered you this much, why are you reacting to it now instead of earlier when it was already assumed.

I won't speak for anyone else, but what bothered me most was the way he said it, as if someone had forced him to speak up when he would have preferred to not speak of her at all. I reacted strongly now and not earlier because I was shocked that he actually brought the topic up.

Kitten1529
Learner
Learner

Post by Kitten1529 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:47 am

@Kierans that wasn't aimed at you. I completely agree that his blog wasnt an apology so much as a "It happened. Now give her praise." But some of us seem upset about past manipulation than the current shrugging off.

EternalSunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by EternalSunshine » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:48 am

Yeah, the way it was done was unfortunate to say the least. Saying he had a girlfriend and then plugging her channel as an afterthought was not the best way to go about this, and I doubt it'll help her in the long run.

Still, I don't see him a manipulating liar on all levels because of this. I'd have so see a lot more to completely lose faith in a person. I know I won't change anyone's mind here, and that's not my intent. It's just the wording that gets to me sometimes. But I'm a big girl (most of the time 8-) ), I'll get over it.

Ely
Learner
Learner

Post by Ely » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:48 am

I understand we are all upset for a number of reasons. We all have the right to feel upset for any of them. It is human for us to over react whenever we feel an extreme emotion.

With that said, I don't believe it is right to police each other over the way we feel. Everyone reacts to shocking or upsetting news in different ways.

My issue is: as much as we are angry/upset/disappointed in Markiplier, that does not give anyone the right to skew information over events that happened without offering the context of the situation. I'm not saying Markiplier doesn't have his abrasive or moments of bad behavior, but we shouldn't needlessly look at any situation with a microscope without adding the needed context of said situation.

Once the person in question returns to properly discuss the issue because I remember two different occasions the described situation happened in the same convention.

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:49 am

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:We're more upset at the fact that he just gave her free channel promotion without any context and is brushing off the fact that he lied like you would a stray hair on a jacket. Also that he's giving her such glowing praise and credits her for his success when originally she was just some dirty little secret he just swept under the rug. Also the fact that the fans are blindly supporting this behavior.

Yes I admit our behavior, especially mine, is over the top. I am genuinely hurt by this. And this post makes me question even more if all the support I've given him over the years was wasted. So I just needed something to vent, I'm only human. 9 times out of 10 the minute something leaves my mouth or I type it out, it's out of my mind. Again though I take responsibility for my words and actions and I admit that I've been harsh in this.

Like I said, I'm hoping Mark will prove me wrong.

What Monkee said, it doesn't matter that we already knew about this, it's the way he addressed the subject that made us (or just me, I don't want to talk for all of you) feel like crap.
One thing about Mark is that he's reeeeeally good at making people do what he wants with his kindness and of course he said only amazing things about her and complained about the rumors etc only to ask his community to go follow her channel, that's very sweet but it smells like manipulation too (I'm not saying he did it on purpose, I'm saying it could be perceived like that). He sort of said "yeah, I lied to you for years about something so dumb when I told you until sickness how honest and stuff I am, I don't know the difference between lying and keeping things private but I'm oh so nice, so go follow her, ok bye!" and I don't know you, but this feels dumb, expecially since Jess herself said she wanted to make a name for herself as Jess and not as his ex girlfriend, I'd be mad if I were her but who knows, she contraddicted herself already recently so maybe she's already changed her mind *shrugs*.
Oh, and yeah, I think they'll get back together too, what a magic and wonderful love story! :roll:

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:55 am

I am pretty curious what will the next few weeks will be like but knowing Mark it will be like nothing happened probably. Exactly, it's the way he said it and acted in the blog. Doesn't matter if we knew about it or not.

Return to “Markiplier”