We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 5

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 5

Post by kei » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Yay new thread. That was fast. :P

(Please don't smite me, admins. :D We were running out of room in Part 4.)
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

frogert
Informer
Informer

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 5

Post by frogert » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:32 pm

Good job, ANYONE can make a thread, we don't need a singular person, as long as the last one gets locked by the mods. [emoji4]

Anyway, interesting how someone hasn't come here to say anything, only read.

Hmmmm......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Everyone thought I was being a bitch, when all I was doing was being brutally honest" - Santana Lopez :love2:

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker

Post by DeathToAllSpiders » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Thanks, Kei! :tu: I posted the link to this thread on the last one, in case you're having the same trouble with the site that I am right now and couldn't get to it. We're all making the servers work for a living today, that's for sure.

Immabatman
Debater
Debater

Post by Immabatman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:40 pm

frogert wrote:Good job, ANYONE can make a thread, we don't need a singular person, as long as the last one gets locked by the mods.

Anyway, interesting how someone hasn't come here to say anything, only read.

Hmmmm......

Huummmmmm, something not good.

boldnewtaste
Debater
Debater

Post by boldnewtaste » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:41 pm

that new thread smell.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:42 pm

boldnewtaste wrote:that new thread smell.

Now let's see how long before this gets filled up. Probably won't beat the 4 day one though! :rofl:

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:42 pm

DeathToAllSpiders wrote:Thanks, Kei! :tu: I posted the link to this thread on the last one, in case you're having the same trouble with the site that I am right now and couldn't get to it. We're all making the servers work for a living today, that's for sure.

Thanks. :) Yeah, posts keep disappearing, only to pop up again when I reload. I thought I linked it but it never showed up. Oh well, at least this thread seems to be sticking around!
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:45 pm

kei wrote:
DeathToAllSpiders wrote:Thanks, Kei! :tu: I posted the link to this thread on the last one, in case you're having the same trouble with the site that I am right now and couldn't get to it. We're all making the servers work for a living today, that's for sure.

Thanks. :) Yeah, posts keep disappearing, only to pop up again when I reload. I thought I linked it but it never showed up. Oh well, at least this thread seems to be sticking around!

I posted as well and PMed the admin. Site really gets glitchy when there's a lot of lurkers, huh?

mochikins
Learner
Learner

Post by mochikins » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:48 pm

Oops, I posted before seeing the notification! Sorry!! :P

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:50 pm

mochikins wrote:Oops, I posted before seeing the notification! Sorry!! :P

No worries. I just had to leave a link to the end of the thread. Admins orders.

Romantica
Learner
Learner

Post by Romantica » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:00 pm

frogert wrote:Anyway, interesting how someone hasn't come here to say anything, only read.
Hmmmm......

A large part of me definitely hopes that she doesn't come on here to say anything though.
We just got a new thread, I don't want it to explode just yet. ; -;

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Romantica wrote:
frogert wrote:Anyway, interesting how someone hasn't come here to say anything, only read.
Hmmmm......

A large part of me definitely hopes that she doesn't come on here to say anything though.
We just got a new thread, I don't want it to explode just yet. ; -;

Especially with the site acting up right now. A lot of posts can be missed and words can be misinterpreted.

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Bless this person, seriously! :respekt:

Romantica
Learner
Learner

Post by Romantica » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:53 pm

Whoa.
Mark may not be a perfect little cinnamon bun, but this person sure is! xD
Mad props to them, hopefully they don't get ripped to pieces just for telling the truth.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Romantica wrote:Whoa.
Mark may not be a perfect little cinnamon bun, but this person sure is!
Mad props to them, hopefully they don't get ripped to pieces just for telling the truth.

If this is on Tumblr, it definitely will be.

That's not one of us is it?

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:57 pm

:o Shoot, I don't like the way they worded some of that, but they really didn't pull any punches. They'll probably get run off sooner or later, though. Then the fanbase will be back to its regularly scheduled "Leave Britney alone!" type of posts.

You know, I might regain some respect for him if he would just start taking care of his own damn tag. All of this proves over and over again that his fanbase is nowhere near ready to carry out charitable efforts in his name.

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:That's not one of us is it?

Not that I know of... :?

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:58 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:

Yes it's on tumblr, no it's not one of us and that's AWESOME!

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:59 pm

moran wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:

Yes it's on tumblr, no it's not one of us and that's AWESOME!

Good and good! It's incredibly awesome although it somehow will be tied to us.

DanceApocalyptic
Talker
Talker

Post by DanceApocalyptic » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:01 pm

Back to find a new thread! (I most likely will be gone again to play D&D with my friends soon lol)

Moran, you beat me to posting this and I hate you. :rofl:

Soulja Boy TELL EM.
Ain't no order in this courtroom.

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:03 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Good and good! It's incredibly awesome although it somehow will be tied to us.

Nah, I didn't reblog or like it so i'm fine :3 I don't know about the others, be careful if you find it on tumblr!

Demonkawala
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Demonkawala » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:12 pm

I leave for a few days and the whole place explodes. I gotta say all of what has recently happened put me on a bit of a rollercoaster of emotion. I am pretty disappointed in the shout out and non-apology that Mark posted.

I am also sad to see some of the regulars go, y'all will be missed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Well, shit. Can't say I agree with all of it, but damn, that person's got a brass set. Why aren't they on here? :rofl:

Poor decisions have been made by both parties, but nothing will get solved if the tumblrites keep insisting nothing is wrong as they systematically weed out and eliminate anyone who has a differing opinion from them over this. And I'm pretty sure at this point that Mark still has no idea what the fuck he did wrong in that post. To him, he finally admitted it, and whether out of guilt or a misguided thought that it would actually help, he sent his army to her channel. I wonder if he even realizes just how bad the bullying on tumblr has gotten. The misinformation is strong with them, and they seem to think they've got it all figured out when most of them didn't even know who Jess was until yesterday. They don't get why his silence and misdirection is a big thing, and why trust was broken, or even why none of that is even a little related to Jess.

Newsflash for the tumblr lurkers: Jack is sitting at 6 million subs right now, and everyone knows who Wiishu is. Because he never hid her. Because he trusts his fanbase. And except for the few crazies you get in every fandom, everyone respects his trust in them and has left them both the fuck alone. So why, you ask, is this not the same in Mark's fandom? An excellent question indeed, and that's why you're here now, reading this.

I get that he probably views this as over, but the fact no one has calmed down over there yet (or here, if we're getting technical) should have clued him in. Essentially, his insinuations and bad wording choices gave them license to treat their fellow fans like shit. And it's honestly really sad to see, because he just made that vlog about wanting to do some good in Cincinnati and all over, and now everything he wanted to do has been completely overshadowed by this. :( And it all just boils down to bad choices and bad timing.

Then again, as much as he says numbers don't matter, I also wonder how much he actually cares that the bullied fans are withdrawing and unsubbing. As long as the overall number increases, right...? (Actually, I'm pretty sure the numbers don't matter to him, but again, I think he still doesn't get just how badly this has ripped through his 8.9 million fanbase.)

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:33 pm

Oh but it gets better folks, Jess herself sent an ask to the poster and they responded to her!

JESS asked:"You are allowed your opinion, I'm not here to contest that, but please don't spread misinformation. I was never manic, as I am not bipolar. I have unipolar depression (the 'regular' kind) and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Overwhelmed with stress from personal events that took place, yes I did have a breakdown. My suicide hold took place in California, I moved back home to AZ a few months after. There's a few more errors too personal to correct so I'll just leave it at this."

OP replied
I have GAD as well so, yeah, I apologise that you have to go through that. It’s something that I’ll never insult anybody for. As for everything else, you and Mark brought this on yourselves. There’s more evidence against you both than for you.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:42 pm

kei wrote:Poor decisions have been made by both parties, but nothing will get solved if the tumblrites keep insisting nothing is wrong as they systematically weed out and eliminate anyone who has a differing opinion from them over this. And I'm pretty sure at this point that Mark still has no idea what the fuck he did wrong in that post. To him, he finally admitted it, and whether out of guilt or a misguided thought that it would actually help, he sent his army to her channel. I wonder if he even realizes just how bad the bullying on tumblr has gotten.

He did something similar to this with the Cheez-its girl. He publicly responded to her post over her disappointment in meeting him, unwittingly bringing Tumblr's wrath upon her head to the point where she deleted her blog. Also, when the bullying started over the transmisogyny business, he didn't apologize until after serious damage had been done. He knew he'd waited too late too, since he called that post "A Long Overdue Apology." (Not saying that I think he should've had to apologize, but he should have stepped in once he saw the extent of the bullying.)

I don't think he fully grasps the dynamics of dealing with trouble in a large fandom. (Either that or he really could care less about what fans do in his name.) :| I'd like to believe that this trouble has all stemmed from his PR skills not being the greatest. Blindly praising your fans isn't going to help anyone in the long run.

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:44 pm

moran wrote:Image

Bless this person, seriously! :respekt:

Who posted this? PM me! I need to like the shit out of that post.

My purpose on Guru Gossip is partici...

Return to “Markiplier”