We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by kei » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:00 am

New thread as per mod rules.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

T_f
Talker
Talker

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by T_f » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:03 am

EternalSunshine wrote:
ZombieTown wrote:
domogru3 wrote:
My thoughts exactly, if she's going to do anything kind words may even to a certain extent encourage her.. it's difficult to explain. I'm really hoping (since I think she said she's been drinking) that she'll fall asleep. But, she needs intervention NOW.

God I know, I said some fluffy shit to her but I should know full well it doesn't do much good and can make it worse, I've been suicidal before, I'm just scared out of my mind for her. I hope she just passes the fuck out and wakes up in a better mindset.

Same here... I hope I haven't made things worse, I just kinda panicked. I'm sorry, really... let's hope we hear from her again.

I would say you shouldn't feel bad. You were honestly trying to help, and there is no shame in that. Ever.

I don't want to discourage or put down anyone here trying to help. I want you guys to try! I just thought it might be helpful to provide some insight, seeing as I just dragged myself out of that.

Even now, it's delicate, but it took me months to convince myself to try. Months. And even then, I didn't know what I wanted to do for myself. I had to force myself to try everyday, and it was agony, but finally after 6 months I found a new direction. The entire time, I was the only one who could convince myself that my friends who were saying the things you were were legit and true. It's a mindset you have to crawl out of. But that doesn't mean you should stop, just think about it.

Here's a thought, that might legit be helpful to her. If we could find out what her channel is, and she DOES come back, why don't we encourage her to start a new one, put her old vids back on, and promote her channel so she's right back to 300+? Youtube was her dream after all.

Just an idea, of course. We'd have to hear from Squid first.

Kamikaze
Learner
Learner

Post by Kamikaze » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:05 am

Shit...shit shit shit!!!! I don't know what to do!

I don't know what to say

I don't know what to think

All I know is this doxxer and the Markiplites on Tumblr - watch out! Karma is a bitch! It'll catch up to you one day...may not be in the form of a police officer taking you into custody for federal charges of ID theft, fraud, slander...but it will come to get you. My only wish would be able to be a fly on the wall when it happens to you

You know damn well Mark would NOT approve of this disgusting act! He will not congratulate you...praise you...hold you high up...

HE WON'T NOTICE YOU!!! Stop trying to get your senpai to notice you!!! He would SHAME you for what you've done if he ever find out...cast you out like the lepers of society you truly are! You are just a cash cow to him...that's all!!

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:09 am

I don't know Gorillaz's tumblr. Can anyone reach them?
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P

Immabatman
Debater
Debater

Post by Immabatman » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:11 am

Kamikaze wrote:Shit...shit shit shit!!!! I don't know what to do!

I don't know what to say

I don't know what to think

All I know is this doxxer and the Markiplites on Tumblr - watch out! Karma is a bitch! It'll catch up to you one day...may not be in the form of a police officer taking you into custody for federal charges of ID theft, fraud, slander...but it will come to get you. My only wish would be able to be a fly on the wall when it happens to you

You know damn well Mark would NOT approve of this disgusting act! He will not congratulate you...praise you...hold you high up...

HE WON'T NOTICE YOU!!! Stop trying to get your senpai to notice you!!! He would SHAME you for what you've done if he ever find out...cast you out like the lepers of society you truly are! You are just a cash cow to him...that's all!!

Gosh, this is so horrible. I feel very useless now for this situation :(

mariokatty96
Talker
Talker

Post by mariokatty96 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:13 am

I don't have a twitter and I don't know if squid was serious or not, but this situation has gotten out of control and I think people with twitter should send him messages in a very professional and neutral way to shed light on this.

For example,

Mark Fischbach, not sure if it was brought to your attention but a fan or an ex fan expressed a dislike for your ex girlfriend Jessica on her tumblr. We're certain you and Jessica have just blocked their account and moved on with your lives. However, your fanbase, the markiplier heroes decided to take it to another level and publicly release all her information to the internet. They ran up her credit card and also had her fired from her job.

A girl disliking your ex shouldn't warrant a doxxing. She wasn't racist, she isn't a sex offender, she isn't a criminal. She was angry and said things she shouldn't have. Her punishment is unnecessary. A simple report to tumblr staff to delete those posts would have been sufficient.

Thing is, this person (sorry don't know their gender) has now expressed the desire to commit suicide. Because of you. Because of Jessica. Because of your fandom. I think the fact that you try to spread this message of positivity is exactly the opposite of what your fandom is doing. GG and Reddit are pennies to your 9 millions of subscribers. Time to really put your foot down and execute some leadership and control over your subscribers.

----

This is just me putting it simply but I think a letter from several people who have twitter who can say this more eloquently might be able to reach him.

Who knows, he might even ignore it. Or people who have tumblr since that seems to really get noticed if reblogged enough times.

As an outsider (because I don't know their blog or them and just seen snippets at what was posted here) the situation is uncomfortable because I have no idea what to do help them. So. That's my dollar on the situation.

T_f
Talker
Talker

Post by T_f » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:15 am

I will say this. It's much harder to go through with suicide than you think.

I was taking a somewhat cowardly way out by not eating. Figured it'd be less painful, and I'd just wait it out. (Oh, how wrong I was, that tore my guts up)

The point is, give time for Squid to think, and you may be surprised. Just let her breathe and work it out.

T_f
Talker
Talker

Post by T_f » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:18 am

mariokatty96 wrote:I don't have a twitter and I don't know if squid was serious or not, but this situation has gotten out of control and I think people with twitter should send him messages in a very professional and neutral way to shed light on this.

For example,

Mark Fischbach, not sure if it was brought to your attention but a fan or an ex fan expressed a dislike for your ex girlfriend Jessica on her tumblr. We're certain you and Jessica have just blocked their account and moved on with your lives. However, your fanbase, the markiplier heroes decided to take it to another level and publicly release all her information to the internet. They ran up her credit card and also had her fired from her job.

A girl disliking your ex shouldn't warrant a doxxing. She wasn't racist, she isn't a sex offender, she isn't a criminal. She was angry and said things she shouldn't have. Her punishment is unnecessary. A simple report to tumblr staff to delete those posts would have been sufficient.

Thing is, this person (sorry don't know their gender) has now expressed the desire to commit suicide. Because of you. Because of Jessica. Because of your fandom. I think the fact that you try to spread this message of positivity is exactly the opposite of what your fandom is doing. GG and Reddit are pennies to your 9 millions of subscribers. Time to really put your foot down and execute some leadership and control over your subscribers.

----

This is just me putting it simply but I think a letter from several people who have twitter who can say this more eloquently might be able to reach him.

Who knows, he might even ignore it. Or people who have tumblr since that seems to really get noticed if reblogged enough times.

As an outsider (because I don't know their blog or them and just seen snippets at what was posted here) the situation is uncomfortable because I have no idea what to do help them. So. That's my dollar on the situation.

I think that is a good message, but you know as well as everyone else what the problem is. That he's not going to do anything about it.

Perhaps you could step it up and send to Polaris? I can't speak for them, but if I was in charge, I would be concerned that one of my guys has a violate fanbase. It wouldn't look good on my brand. It's something we haven't tried yet, and we have tried with Mark, so I don't know...

PersephonePomegrante
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PersephonePomegrante » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:20 am

Fuck it. Every suicide threat is to be treated seriously. I'm messaging him.

usurpadora
Informer
Informer

Post by usurpadora » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:20 am

The thing is that when you're in that mindset and you take more drastic measures it only takes one second for the damage to be done and all the pain, regret, and passage of time until you die where you feel "oh shit" but it's too late. It takes a second for a bullet to pass, it takes a life away, and survivors most always regret their choice.

And I don't feel too polite towards him now. Or his fans, even though I'm not technically a fan anyway, I really really dislike his online persona and his videos. I've just been lurking for the past two months because I don't know enough to be active.

Isn't there something you do on tumblr when a member is suicidal? You contact the team or something? I was sure there was... but I don't know.

And yes, talk to Polaris! They are his employer. I know they don't care cause numbers is numbers but if your fanbase is literally doxxing and driving people to suicide then that's not exactly the kind of clientele you want to be associated with.

LovelyLamb
Learner
Learner

Post by LovelyLamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:21 am

I still don't understand the need to please and impress someone who you will never meet. Just mind boggling and it ultimately sounds like they have no life outside of watching YouTube videos. Any normal person would watch the video, enjoy them, and get on with their day not constantly trying to get noticed by senpai

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:23 am

T_f wrote:I will say this. It's much harder to go through with suicide than you think.

I was taking a somewhat cowardly way out by not eating. Figured it'd be less painful, and I'd just wait it out. (Oh, how wrong I was, that tore my guts up)

The point is, give time for Squid to think, and you may be surprised. Just let her breathe and work it out.

That's what I would hope. But if you make the decision after drinking heavily...Jesus. Just no.

But telling Mark, Polaris, anything like that won't actually do anything. Every celebrity has had people use their name when committing suicide. This whole thing fucking sucks, but don't expect anything to change over it. :|

mariokatty96
Talker
Talker

Post by mariokatty96 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:24 am

T_f wrote:
mariokatty96 wrote:I don't have a twitter and I don't know if squid was serious or not, but this situation has gotten out of control and I think people with twitter should send him messages in a very professional and neutral way to shed light on this.

For example,

----

I think that is a good message, but you know as well as everyone else what the problem is. That he's not going to do anything about it.

Perhaps you could step it up and send to Polaris? I can't speak for them, but if I was in charge, I would be concerned that one of my guys has a violate fanbase. It wouldn't look good on my brand. It's something we haven't tried yet, and we have tried with Mark, so I don't know...

Oo man to go over markiplier's head to send it to his employer would definitely make him speak up IF polaris takes it seriously. My letter won't mean crap if they believe like markiplier does that we're just a handful of people whining (and apparently with massive influence, more influence then markiplier has! :roll: ) and if what Jess said was right, (pages ago) that markiplier doesn't really think things will blow up or something to that effect, like he doesn't believe things are "that serious" enough to talk about. I'll find the post somehow, maybe you guys remember it better than I do. then I don't know how polaris would care.

but I personally have very little faith in markiplier since I came here last month or whenever I joined i don't know lol

LovelyLamb
Learner
Learner

Post by LovelyLamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:25 am

This is why I don't have a tumblr. Too many scary fucks out there waiting to ruin someone's life because they don't have a life of their own.

I'm contacting Mark's employer, and contacting Mark. And Jess, if you're reading this, since you're oh so close to Mark, tell him about this. His toxic fans are going to bring him, you, and everyone else down. Don't wait until the same thing happens to you...

usurpadora
Informer
Informer

Post by usurpadora » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:27 am

I dunno if the forum is chewing my messages but the hierarchy is Polaris > Mark > fans. If your client's fanbase is illegally doxxing and harassing someone to the point of potential suicide then that's something they'd want to know about. But it has to be a collective voice. It has to be several people who raise this point to their attention so they think "hey wait a moment here, this is important".

Like a petition or something.

T_f
Talker
Talker

Post by T_f » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:27 am

usurpadora wrote:The thing is that when you're in that mindset and you take more drastic measures it only takes one second for the damage to be done and all the pain, regret, and passage of time until you die where you feel "oh shit" but it's too late. It takes a second for a bullet to pass, it takes a life away, and survivors most always regret their choice.

I agree, and I don't want anyone to perceive that I'm discouraging anyone from taking action. It's just that a lot of people feel helpless right now, because there really isn't much we can do for her. That's something she has to decide for herself. She may still go through with it. :( But there is also a chance she will not, and I'm just pointing out the other perspectives.

Spread the positive vibes. Pray. Share with Mark and Polaris, and the world. But also let her think it through. That's all I'm saying.

boldnewtaste
Debater
Debater

Post by boldnewtaste » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:30 am

if someone figures out the best way to get in contact with polaris, i'll be more than happy to send a similar letter too.

T_f
Talker
Talker

Post by T_f » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:30 am

kei wrote:
T_f wrote:I will say this. It's much harder to go through with suicide than you think.

That's what I would hope. But if you make the decision after drinking heavily...Jesus. Just no.

Not to sound morbid, but it is more difficult to tie the ropes and get into hanging position (which she mentioned was her method of choice) if you are drunk. But you're right, it does also affect your thinking. :?

Though I used it just so I could pass out, since I could sleep when I was in that mindset. My mind was already messed up sober, so yeah....

usurpadora
Informer
Informer

Post by usurpadora » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:32 am

boldnewtaste wrote:if someone figures out the best way to get in contact with polaris, i'll be more than happy to send a similar letter too.

We need to be organised. We need a collection of signatures. We need enough people for this to be considered a serious matter and not just one person's "dramafest".

If there is such a thing anywhere, count my signature in there!

mariokatty96
Talker
Talker

Post by mariokatty96 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:33 am

LovelyLamb wrote:I still don't understand the need to please and impress someone who you will never meet. Just mind boggling and it ultimately sounds like they have no life outside of watching YouTube videos. Any normal person would watch the video, enjoy them, and get on with their day not constantly trying to get noticed by senpai

part of idol culture is that a lot of their fans can't separate their life from their internet life. internet is an addiction so when you find someone you are attracted to, says they care about you even though they never met you, it can be really toxic. like "fluff" like the above user said.

It says a lot about the world when HUGE massive followings by youths and especially young girls are when it comes to celebrities. a lot of people have mental health issues, they like depending on someone or something to get them through their struggles. it's a win/win situation for a celebrity and their fanbase. Celebs give them what a fan wants and a fan gives them their money and time.

is there a solution to this? nope. it's very deeply rooted in all of us. I think everyone one of us can say we obsessed over something or someone at one point in our youths. But young people are very impressionable and we capitalize on it and the cycle continues.

I know I sound pessimistic but I've been a part of the boyband fandom when I was a teenager and I can remember how I used to behave and freak out when someone said they didn't like Justin Timberlake lmao. I grew out of it. I don't know how or when. But I did. I don't know where my post is going now.

T_f
Talker
Talker

Post by T_f » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:34 am

usurpadora wrote:I dunno if the forum is chewing my messages but the hierarchy is Polaris > Mark > fans. If your client's fanbase is illegally doxxing and harassing someone to the point of potential suicide then that's something they'd want to know about. But it has to be a collective voice. It has to be several people who raise this point to their attention so they think "hey wait a moment here, this is important".

Like a petition or something.

This is a good point. And it'd have to worded very carefully. Like keep it to the point, but also not accusatory, if that makes sense.

Like it would have to be explained as seriously and neutral as possible, if we want them to actually heed what we say, you know?

ZombieTown
Talker
Talker

Post by ZombieTown » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:38 am

If anyone figure out what to do about getting some attention to this, count me in.

LovelyLamb
Learner
Learner

Post by LovelyLamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:40 am

mariokatty96 wrote:
LovelyLamb wrote:I still don't understand the need to please and impress someone who you will never meet. Just mind boggling and it ultimately sounds like they have no life outside of watching YouTube videos. Any normal person would watch the video, enjoy them, and get on with their day not constantly trying to get noticed by senpai

part of idol culture is that a lot of their fans can't separate their life from their internet life. internet is an addiction so when you find someone you are attracted to, says they care about you even though they never met you, it can be really toxic. like "fluff" like the above user said.

It says a lot about the world when HUGE massive followings by youths and especially young girls are when it comes to celebrities. a lot of people have mental health issues, they like depending on someone or something to get them through their struggles. it's a win/win situation for a celebrity and their fanbase. Celebs give them what a fan wants and a fan gives them their money and time.

is there a solution to this? nope. it's very deeply rooted in all of us. I think everyone one of us can say we obsessed over something or someone at one point in our youths. But young people are very impressionable and we capitalize on it and the cycle continues.

I know I sound pessimistic but I've been a part of the boyband fandom when I was a teenager and I can remember how I used to behave and freak out when someone said they didn't like Justin Timberlake lmao. I grew out of it. I don't know how or when. But I did. I don't know where my post is going now.

That is true, but when someone feels the need to dox and essential ruin someone's life because they said something against what they admire, there usually is a deeper problem than addiction. It's unhealthy, and I agree that it will never go away which is unfortunate.

PersephonePomegrante
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PersephonePomegrante » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:44 am

I'm just tweeting everybody for help. I don't know what else to do. Odds are somebody will take it seriously and get in touch with him, right..?
IDK...it's all I have the power to do, so I'm going to do it. *shrugs*
Gotta try. :(

LovelyLamb
Learner
Learner

Post by LovelyLamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:51 am

Off Topic:The board keeps fizzing out on me and I'm having trouble staying logged on. Anyone else having this trouble?

Return to “Markiplier”