We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Sunshinerain102
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Sunshinerain102 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:24 am

Thanks for all the welcomes :)

I think Mark did all he could about this situation. Could have come earlier but I won't criticize that. Just hoping he doesn't stress himself out even more with the livestream/comments thing. Admittedly, I am excited about the livestream. Mental health is something close to my heart and psychology is my major.

As far as Jack goes, I wasn't suggesting that he is the reason for Mark's speech. I was more trying to say that it is good (for both of them) to have a friend who can understand you.

countcontessa
Learner
Learner

Post by countcontessa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:39 pm

frogert wrote:Some of you use really loaded words, you need to be careful about that, just saying.

He has literally done everything he can/what was wanted it is literally in his fans hands now, its up to them and if I suddenly start seeing "he needs to be on them about this 24/7!!!" "he needs to continually remind them about this" I swear I'll flip, they are their own people, he has done what he has to do and said what needed to be said he has done his part, its on them.

But this is a fandom so I don't expect much, it's like some of you have never been in one or have forgotten tbh Alot of this is actually very typical normal behavior funnily enough :rofl:

Also, I wouldnt give Jack so much credit, Mark is his own man and can make decisions and have ideas himself without them being influenced by that manchild :lol:

I didn't believe the suicide thing from day one, hence the silence, and if it is real (lol) you have to be cautious on the internet. :respekt:

But hello again everyone.

I'm glad there's someone else I can actually agree with on this thread

Reading this thread i kept wondering why everyone was being so dramatic lol. Everyone kept saying that Mark wasn't doing enough, but what can he really do? People are going to act on their own free will no matter what Mark says.

Sunshinerain102
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Sunshinerain102 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:10 pm

countcontessa wrote:I'm glad there's someone else I can actually agree with on this thread

Reading this thread i kept wondering why everyone was being so dramatic lol. Everyone kept saying that Mark wasn't doing enough, but what can he really do? People are going to act on their own free will no matter what Mark says.

Agreed. I think he has a responsibility to address the issue when it gets out of hand, but there will still be awful people. Hopefully him talking about it will cut down on the younger kids bullying others, but it definitely won't eliminate it.

Not to change the subject or anything, but what do you all think of Mark and Matthias's relationship? They obviously have a different relationship than Mark and Jack or Bob or Wade, but do you think it is purely business or are they good friends? I tend to believe they are friends but that they have different maturity levels and/or senses of humor and that is why you don't see them hanging out as much. I don't know, I just always wondered about it. Matthias is one of my favorite creators, along with Rob (Host of Seriously Strange- it censors his last name) and Matpat so I am curious. :D
Last edited by Sunshinerain102 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:16 pm

I wouldn't say people were upset he wasn't doing enough, it was more to the point he hadn't done anything to address the issue up to that point. Even if others thought he didn't need to, the way tumblr was exploding everyone could see he had to. Yes, there is a difference there. :P New fans and old alike were being ripped to shreds, and his silence made it seem like those actions were allowed. Not to mention his own tumblr posts came off as strangely manipulative. Again, kind of a moot point now, since he did address it (not to mention in a far more public way than anyone was expecting) and had fairly sound reasoning for all the "what the fuck happened" this past month. (The TLDR version is that he was overwhelmed by the number of subscribers he was getting, and didn't know how to handle it, so he kind of walked away from the fandom for a while.) Like I said, moot point now, and I actually respect him a lot for taking a chance and being so candid onstage. You'll notice this place has been virtually silent since he spoke. ;)

A lot of people were hurt by his more overzealous fans, and he addressed that rogue element in his community (which he clearly stated is not a part of his community). Yeah it's true he technically didn't have to say anything since he shouldn't have to police the fandom, but given the connection he himself built with his fans that makes him more of a leader than a figurehead, silence gave that vocal rogue element license to attack others in his name until he revoked that license yesterday.

He didn't need to say it, but his fans needed to hear it...and he knew it. He realized it, did it, and equilibrium has been regained to a degree.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

Slagg
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Slagg » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:59 pm

I stand by what I said, "dramatic" or not. All feelings and opinions are valid here, it's why this website exists.
I WISH YOU WOULD, bitch nozzle.

MapleNia
Talker
Talker

Post by MapleNia » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:36 pm

Hey guys! If you didn't know, did a small vlog about Pax and Mark is in it at some moments! I guess we can see "Mark" and not "Markiplier". We can even see him in his cosplay with Jess and her friend.
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

MapleNia
Talker
Talker

Post by MapleNia » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:44 pm

(sorry for a second post, I forgot to address this, woohoo for 3 hours sleep yayy)

As for the "Mark not doing enough" or something like, I think we can agree that Mark is trying his best in what he can for this situation and it stuff will get better one way or another. I know I seem weird to seem optimistic like this, but, hey, gotta look the good side of things sometimes to be good, eh? At least, he straight up said that bullies are not welcomed in the community. Like someone pointed out, he looked nervous during his speech and it's understable: with what he probably as seen ins comments and Tumblr, knowing that it's a touchy subject makes him wonder how he should address it and how people will take it. I'm happy with it and I'm really glad that he wants to change the world and bring positivity. I'm looking forward to what the futur is holding!

Edit: Again, 3 hours of sleep and I'm up since midnight and it's 8pm right now.... Sorry for the mistakes in here. Bare with me :rofl:

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:48 pm

MapleNia wrote:Hey guys! If you didn't know, did a small vlog about Pax and Mark is in it at some moments! I guess we can see "Mark" and not "Markiplier". We can even see him in his cosplay with Jess and her friend.

Do you mean the one Pewds did? Yeah I saw that. It was cute seeing him have fun with his buddies and be Mark, not Markiplier.

Still not impressed with any of the cosplay, you can tell it was rushed. Why didn't she just use one of her finished cosplays? And did she only cosplay for that one day? That would've been a good opportunity to get connections and some ideas. I get wanting to have some fun with your friends, but Mark and the others were still working.

But enough on that. I'm glad Mark finally addressed the bullying and hopefully he can keep this momentum going. Doing more livestreams and the read your comment videos are nice, but even with an editor he's still got a boatload of work piled on him. This will likely make him have just as much, if not more, stress and lack of time to relax. But we'll see what happens.

MapleNia
Talker
Talker

Post by MapleNia » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:06 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
MapleNia wrote:Hey guys! If you didn't know, did a small vlog about Pax and Mark is in it at some moments! I guess we can see "Mark" and not "Markiplier". We can even see him in his cosplay with Jess and her friend.

Do you mean the one Pewds did? Yeah I saw that. It was cute seeing him have fun with his buddies and be Mark, not Markiplier.

Still not impressed with any of the cosplay, you can tell it was rushed. Why didn't she just use one of her finished cosplays? And did she only cosplay for that one day? That would've been a good opportunity to get connections and some ideas. I get wanting to have some fun with your friends, but Mark and the others were still working.

But enough on that. I'm glad Mark finally addressed the bullying and hopefully he can keep this momentum going. Doing more livestreams and the read your comment videos are nice, but even with an editor he's still got a boatload of work piled on him. This will likely make him have just as much, if not more, stress and lack of time to relax. But we'll see what happens.

Oh my I forgot to mention Felix :rofl: (good job me, I should really go to bed soon) I think it was just for one day, but I'm really not sure! I know it was rushed, I saw on her Tumblr that she did it in 4 days and he joined in last minute. But, oh well. At least he had an experience to cosplay at a con. (moooooving oonnnn...)

I think that at least the editing part for making videos was taking off. I'm not sure how long it takes and if he needs to still make the thumbnails, but it still takes out some hours load of work that can be benificial for Mark. I'm working at Tim Hortons (typical, me being Canadian and all, HA!) and when I see a load of work to do and someone wants to tag along and help me out, even for the little things, it takes a lot of pressure off of your shoulders. But I agree, he's still going to have a lot of work. If I remember, this friday, he said at the panel that he's planning a livestream for depression/ something like that. I will miss part of it because I'm working but I'll catch up. For the reading comments, it is a nice idea, he just needs to find the ones that arn't always "Notice me, senpai! omg!" But, for the livestream and all that, I guess it's better that we reserve that for the other thread :tu:

We'll see how it goes from now on. I don't think he has any events to attend or anything for the rest of the year, unless he wants to go back in Cinci to spend some time with his family for Thanksgiving.

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:15 pm

kei wrote:He didn't need to say it, but his fans needed to hear it...and he knew it. He realized it, did it, and equilibrium has been regained to a degree.

I'm still happy he said something regardless of how he said it. (I don't agree with the way he said it and his other posts but saying something was a huge step for non confrontational Mark.) Give him some time and he's gonna develop some sense of firmness.

And yes his fans needed to hear it from his own mouth, and I agree that he's aware of this. They've been called out a lot of times by us, the other fans, and other people not really related to the community and most of them didn't bother anyway. If they hear it from Mark, they'll take it into consideration. The rest and how they'll behave after is now their own responsibility.

"Siri, type this shit for me" #Tapatalk
My purpose on Guru Gossip is partici...

DanceApocalyptic
Talker
Talker

Post by DanceApocalyptic » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:00 pm

Well, that duct tape, makeup and sweaters looks worse in person. I'll give an honest A for effort though, the masks look good. Hard to tell if Me$$ and her friend were groupie-like in the this video.

Watching Pewds side of things was pretty fun. Some of my favorite parts were Pewds and Jack in the restaurant, unmasking "Cry" and the kandi bracelet power circle.
Ain't no order in this courtroom.

Lady Em
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Lady Em » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:05 pm

Who did a small vlog??

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:11 pm

Lady Em wrote:

Who did a small vlog??

Felix / Pewdiepie :)

"Siri, type this shit for me" #Tapatalk

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:10 pm

Sunshinerain102 wrote:Not to change the subject or anything, but what do you all think of Mark and Matthias's relationship? They obviously have a different relationship than Mark and Jack or Bob or Wade, but do you think it is purely business or are they good friends? I tend to believe they are friends but that they have different maturity levels and/or senses of humor and that is why you don't see them hanging out as much. I don't know, I just always wondered about it. Matthias is one of my favorite creators, along with Rob (Host of Seriously Strange- it censors his last name) and Matpat so I am curious. :D

Haven't watched too many of Matthias' videos, but the sketches/collabs I have seen with his wife and with Mark are usually pretty funny and well-written. I'd say they must be friends, otherwise the chemistry wouldn't be there.

Mark, Jack, and Wade did a random Q&A session at the Polaris booth earlier today. Not sure if it's online anywhere, so here's what I remember.

They mentioned Septiplier - they apparently keep the ship alive as a joke. :roll: Mark said people shouldn't take it seriously, and even brought up how fans were being mean to Wiishu for sinking the ship, so to speak. I'm personally not a fan of Septiplier, but I've done my fair share of anime shipping in my teenage years. :P I still think I'd cringe to the moon and back if someone shipped me with a good friend.

Mark brought up Jack talking some sense into him again. He said Jack gave him a figurative smack in the face to snap him out of stressing over his subscriber numbers. :P They talked about the pressures that come with being told that some fans have no reason to live aside from their videos (which is an awful weight to put on anyone for any reason, imo).

He also said that even though having an editor will give him more free time, he's just going to pile on more projects (sketches, collabs, etc), which reminded me how shitty my work ethic is in comparison. :lol:

Also, someone asked Mark to name the luckiest thing that ever happened to him while wearing his "lucky flannel."

He brushed the question off :lol: and talked about how he got the shirt in the first place (it was for that "man time" video a couple of years back, apparently).

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:09 am

Kierans wrote:
Sunshinerain102 wrote:Not to change the subject or anything, but what do you all think of Mark and Matthias's relationship? They obviously have a different relationship than Mark and Jack or Bob or Wade, but do you think it is purely business or are they good friends? I tend to believe they are friends but that they have different maturity levels and/or senses of humor and that is why you don't see them hanging out as much. I don't know, I just always wondered about it. Matthias is one of my favorite creators, along with Rob (Host of Seriously Strange- it censors his last name) and Matpat so I am curious. :D

Haven't watched too many of Matthias' videos, but the sketches/collabs I have seen with his wife and with Mark are usually pretty funny and well-written. I'd say they must be friends, otherwise the chemistry wouldn't be there.

Mark, Jack, and Wade did a random Q&A session at the Polaris booth earlier today. Not sure if it's online anywhere, so here's what I remember.

They mentioned Septiplier - they apparently keep the ship alive as a joke. :roll: Mark said people shouldn't take it seriously, and even brought up how fans were being mean to Wiishu for sinking the ship, so to speak. I'm personally not a fan of Septiplier, but I've done my fair share of anime shipping in my teenage years. :P I still think I'd cringe to the moon and back if someone shipped me with a good friend.

Mark brought up Jack talking some sense into him again. He said Jack gave him a figurative smack in the face to snap him out of stressing over his subscriber numbers. :P They talked about the pressures that come with being told that some fans have no reason to live aside from their videos (which is an awful weight to put on anyone for any reason, imo).

He also said that even though having an editor will give him more free time, he's just going to pile on more projects (sketches, collabs, etc), which reminded me how shitty my work ethic is in comparison. :lol:

Also, someone asked Mark to name the luckiest thing that ever happened to him while wearing his "lucky flannel."

He brushed the question off :lol: and talked about how he got the shirt in the first place (it was for that "man time" video a couple of years back, apparently).

https://www.facebook.com/Momsagainstseptiplier Speaking of... This page gives me total laughs for the great trolling and the fans's comments in the page.

Babydoll Circe
Learner
Learner

Post by Babydoll Circe » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:46 am

I've been busy the past few days because I just started working full-time, but I somehow got to updating myself with everything here, and good Lord, that was some STORM. I actually typed down a semi-long post but GG was being nice and decided to chew it up, so I'll just say that whatever I wanted to say about the topic has already been said in one way or another, and while I disagree with how some topics were discussed, everybody resolved that issue well. :respekt:

It seems that the thread has shifted to lighter topics once more, so I'd like to join in just a bit. About the topic of Septiplier and Mark and Jack playfully shipping themselves, I think people are looking to much into it as fan-service. I've had a lot of friends in highschool (horny cis teenage boys XD) who would grope and kiss one another on the cheek just to elicit amused/shocked/disgusted responses from other people, including teachers while in class. Even now that I'm working, some of my workmates (both the male and female) "ship" themselves for fun. I think the biggest common factor between my friends and Mark and his friends is the environment/community they are in. Most of my highschool friends were big fans of anime, and since I work in a Japanese-English translating company, most of my co-workers are probably anime fans as well. Mark and his friends aren't in the anime community, but from what I see the game community has a very similar feel, and those two communities do kind of overlap every now and then. It's not surprising that the general sense of humor around the two communities are very similar as well, which is why I don't doubt that Jess really is one of Mark's closest friends (same weird humor and all XD). In short, I think all the shipping is simply due to their own weird sense of humor, and is meant to illicit hilarious responses from people more than anything.

As for the topic of Mark's relationship with Matthias, I think Matthias commented about that on one of their more recent vids together. If I remember correctly, he said it felt much more natural doing the challenge with Mark since they've been working together every now and then for a while now. I think they mostly have a work relationship, but it's since developed into a friendship. Frankly, I was surprised when J-Fred (Matthias's brother) treated Mark very casually, like they've hung out before. Mark definitely seems to be the type to stick to his own little circle, so I guess that means he has found a sort of little circle around Matthias and his buddies.

Edit: Also, would like to add, Slagg is a ray of sass and color in an otherwise dull and dank world. Your posts made me laugh plenty, so thank you for gracing the forums again. :love2:

alexalltimelow
Talker
Talker

Post by alexalltimelow » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:01 am

Dragonmax wrote:
Kierans wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/Momsagainstseptiplier Speaking of... This page gives me total laughs for the great trolling and the fans's comments in the page.

omg that site is amazing haha

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:30 am

@alexalltimelow: I love how mad the fans are over this and take it so seriously.

alexalltimelow
Talker
Talker

Post by alexalltimelow » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:41 am

Dragonmax wrote:@alexalltimelow: I love how mad the fans are over this and take it so seriously.

lmao they really cant take a joke

Coyote
Informer
Informer

Post by Coyote » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:18 am

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:40 am

Kierans wrote:

I know I'm late but if he brushed off the question his luckiest day mustve been getting some serious v. [emoji38]

But hey, it's a nice flannel. Be nice to see him do another man time.

I don't take the ships seriously like the diehards. They're fun to do and Mark doesn't mind being shipped with his friends *FOR FUN*

But when you meet him and telling him and his friend to kiss or do each other, or seriously pair two real life people then it's a problem.

Though, a lot of them do seem to enjoy the shipping XD

Ninja Brian wrote his own fanfics about him and Dan XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mariokatty96
Talker
Talker

Post by mariokatty96 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:42 am

Caught up because I wanted to check up on the squid situation. Very impressed he spoke up and it actually made me respect him more than before because that took courage. This is a step in the right direction. Still won't watch his videos because I found other youtubers who are more entertaining lol

As for the squid situation, well we got trolled I guess. Same IPs usually are a sign of the same person and didn't a mod/someone come in way back saying they were the same ip? or someone said it was the same IP. I mean we had the jess and that purpleadder person fiasco for the same IP before a mod debunked it. I agree with other users that using suicide like that really makes it difficult for those suffering to speak out on it. So shame on the parties involved. Glad you're not dead but still shame on you. Suicide is not a laughing matter and I definitely felt upset about the whole situation, others lost sleep and felt helpless. :| :|

T_f
Talker
Talker

Post by T_f » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:07 am

It has been very quiet here since he spoke up at PAX. I'm glad he handled it the best he could. There really isn't much else he could have done, so I hope everyone else is satisfied.

But yeah, we never really did get a follow up on the Mana/Squid thing, yet. It'll be interesting to see the official results. Until then I'm going to not comment on that.

Wex66
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by Wex66 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:41 am

Hi I would like to clear everything up for you all but that's not possible I'm afraid .I suppose in a way it's just as well considering what's involved .I'm truly sorry you all had to go through such a thing last Sat night .All I can say is I hope the people involved on both sides the fandom and whomever
get the help they need .Let's move on from that and thank you again for being so understanding and supportive of all involved :respekt:
Emila and Eduardo s #GUARDIANANGEL..http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... e-and-baby

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:51 am

We appreciate it, Wex. I stand behind what I said earlier: if it was a hoax, I'm glad they're still alive. Very stupid, but alive. It does make real issues more difficult to determine, and damages those who are affected by depression and suicidal thoughts. But I've never once thought suicide mentions should ever not be taken seriously. Someone struggling with it should never, ever be made to feel they shouldn't say anything out of fear no one will believe them. I would much rather deal with someone who lied about attempting suicide, than to brush off someone who actually wants to go through with it.

In a way, I'm kind of glad Mark decided to dedicate the next livestream to a charity that handles depression. To me, it means he acknowledges a lot of his fans reach out to him from dark places, and knew the damage to his community had gone much deeper that what anyone saw publicly on tumblr during that time.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

Return to “Markiplier”