We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Sunshinerain102
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:34 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Sunshinerain102 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Kierans wrote:
Sunshinerain102 wrote:Haven't watched too many of Matthias' videos, but the sketches/collabs I have seen with his wife and with Mark are usually pretty funny and well-written. I'd say they must be friends, otherwise the chemistry wouldn't be there.

Good point :)

As for the topic of Mark's relationship with Matthias, I think Matthias commented about that on one of their more recent vids together. If I remember correctly, he said it felt much more natural doing the challenge with Mark since they've been working together every now and then for a while now. I think they mostly have a work relationship, but it's since developed into a friendship. Frankly, I was surprised when J-Fred (Matthias's brother) treated Mark very casually, like they've hung out before. Mark definitely seems to be the type to stick to his own little circle, so I guess that means he has found a sort of little circle around Matthias and his buddies.

Oh I must have missed that!
Well they make great content together.

As long as they don't mind it, the shipping doesn't bother me that much. People do it to Rhett and Link and they are married to wives and have children. :rofl:

User avatar
T_f
Talker
Talker
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:34 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by T_f » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Wex66 wrote:Hi I would like to clear everything up for you all but that's not possible I'm afraid .I suppose in a way it's just as well considering what's involved .I'm truly sorry you all had to go through such a thing last Sat night .All I can say is I hope the people involved on both sides the fandom and whomever
get the help they need .Let's move on from that and thank you again for being so understanding and supportive of all involved :respekt:



Thanks, Wex. <3

It's probably for the best. Both outcomes are pretty terrible, so it's best to move on.
Image

User avatar
Enough_Already
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:11 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Enough_Already » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Hey guys. Do any of you watch Matt Shea? If not, check him out :) He's a Canadian Let's Player on YouTube and I believe he's also signed with Polaris. I recently started watching him and he's really growing on me! Anyway, I just noticed he put out a LP of "The Static Speaks My Name" on August 30, two days ago. I'm sure some of you have seen the Markiplier LP of this game. Spoiler warning added not only for video spoiler but also for sensitive subject matter.

It was a short simulator where the character you play ultimately commits suicide.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbFtHdvNgWk

At the end of the game Matt took time to sincerely (I felt) give suggestions for people who are feeling down and talked about how he understands a lot of people deal with that kind of thing.

The timing may just be coincidence but I believe this this was his attempt to reach out to people who were suffering in the fandom without butting his nose in anyone elses business. Either way, I think he's a great guy :)
I don't repeat gossip so listen carefully! :love2:

Sunshinerain102
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:34 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Sunshinerain102 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Mark just uploaded a video of him unboxing stuff from Indypopcon. He talks a little more about taking a more active part in the community. If anyone wants to see it, it is on YouTube. :)

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:43 pm

Sunshinerain102 wrote:Mark just uploaded a video of him unboxing stuff from Indypopcon. He talks a little more about taking a more active part in the community. If anyone wants to see it, it is on YouTube. :)


Just saw that. He also said he was going to be working with an organization in Arizona for a huge community volunteer thing. Not sure what unnerves me more, the fact that he's inviting a bunch of thirsty teens to find his location and probably try to use this opportunity to get to him or that a certain someone lives in that state.

Kamikaze
Learner
Learner
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Kamikaze » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:50 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Not sure what unnerves me more, the fact that he's inviting a bunch of thirsty teens to find his location and probably try to use this opportunity to get to him or that a certain someone lives in that state.


Ahh yes...I heard that and immediately thought of the latter speculation darlin'! You aren't the only one who caught it!

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:52 pm

What's wrong with his unboxing video?

The gifs made me smile [emoji39]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

ilikecupcakes
Talker
Talker
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by ilikecupcakes » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Kamikaze wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Not sure what unnerves me more, the fact that he's inviting a bunch of thirsty teens to find his location and probably try to use this opportunity to get to him or that a certain someone lives in that state.


Ahh yes...I heard that and immediately thought of the latter speculation darlin'! You aren't the only one who caught it!

Yeah. When he said Arizona, I was thinking doesn't a certain someone live there and why Arizona? Hmm?
Image

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Gorillaz1236 wrote:What's wrong with his unboxing video?

The gifs made me smile


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


There's nothing wrong with that aspect. What unnerved us was that he said he was planning to work with an organization in Arizona for a group volunteer charity event. So not only will he be telling thirsty obsessed teens where he is, but someone we know lives in Arizona.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:56 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
Gorillaz1236 wrote:What's wrong with his unboxing video?

The gifs made me smile


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


There's nothing wrong with that aspect. What unnerved us was that he said he was planning to work with an organization in Arizona for a group volunteer charity event. So not only will he be telling thirsty obsessed teens where he is, but someone we know lives in Arizona.



Oh good lord


FUCKING BUNNY RABITS THE BOTH OF YAS.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

ritzcrackerz
Talker
Talker
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:34 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by ritzcrackerz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:02 pm

Yeah, that made me uneasy too. I was like really, of all places to do this and it so happens to be Arizona. I was like gee, I wonder why. But then again there could've a different circumstance but it's so coincidentally a company in the same state Jess lives. Trying not to jump to conclusions here. Other than that, I found the video really cool. Also, he mentioned the TBT plushies that I mentioned 2 days ago. I wonder if it'll happen soon.

User avatar
Dragonmax
Informer
Informer
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:35 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Dragonmax » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:03 pm

Hmm, we can't assume he'd visit somebody after his volunteer duty but if he does have other errands it might likely end up on social media accounts associated with him. (And most likely he'd be tagged... [emoji57])


"Siri, type this shit for me" #Tapatalk
My purpose on Guru Gossip is partici...

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:07 pm

ritzcrackerz wrote:Yeah, that made me uneasy too. I was like really, of all places to do this and it so happens to be Arizona. I was like gee, I wonder why. But then again there could've a different circumstance but it's so coincidentally a company in the same state Jess lives. Trying not to jump to conclusions here. Other than that, I found the video really cool. Also, he mentioned the TBT plushies that I mentioned 2 days ago. I wonder if it'll happen soon.


Yeah I don't want to jump the gun either, I can't imagine he'd invite a bunch of fans out to his location if all he was gonna do is have sex. Plus looking back on some of the few Pax pictures we've seen, of the few that have Mark and Jess in them, maybe I'm projecting my own thoughts but it kinda seems like Mark was deliberately trying to keep his distance from her.

But again, kinda uneasy about that announcement, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Kamikaze
Learner
Learner
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Kamikaze » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:14 pm

ritzcrackerz wrote:Yeah, that made me uneasy too. I was like really, of all places to do this and it so happens to be Arizona. I was like gee, I wonder why. But then again there could've a different circumstance but it's so coincidentally a company in the same state Jess lives. Trying not to jump to conclusions here. Other than that, I found the video really cool. Also, he mentioned the TBT plushies that I mentioned 2 days ago. I wonder if it'll happen soon.


Not wanting to jumping to conclusions...but it was just...interesting. It was just something that caught my attention...the video was nice, but I will admit, I zoned in on that one comment...I'm not gonna lie and say that it didn't catch my attention
Last edited by Kamikaze on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
T_f
Talker
Talker
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:34 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by T_f » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:15 pm

I don't want to assume, but I can't help but feel with the Arizona thing like:

Image

Enough_Already wrote:Hey guys. Do any of you watch Matt Shea? If not, check him out :) He's a Canadian Let's Player on YouTube and I believe he's also signed with Polaris. I recently started watching him and he's really growing on me! Anyway, I just noticed he put out a LP of "The Static Speaks My Name" on August 30, two days ago. I'm sure some of you have seen the Markiplier LP of this game. Spoiler warning added not only for video spoiler but also for sensitive subject matter.

It was a short simulator where the character you play ultimately commits suicide.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbFtHdvNgWk

At the end of the game Matt took time to sincerely (I felt) give suggestions for people who are feeling down and talked about how he understands a lot of people deal with that kind of thing.

The timing may just be coincidence but I believe this this was his attempt to reach out to people who were suffering in the fandom without butting his nose in anyone elses business. Either way, I think he's a great guy :)


Forgive me if I seem pointed, but I don't know if he has any relation to Mark. I'm not saying he's not a bad guy, but this plug seems.....not related to Mark, so.....um?
Image

User avatar
DanceApocalyptic
Talker
Talker
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:19 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by DanceApocalyptic » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:16 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Not sure what unnerves me more, the fact that he's inviting a bunch of thirsty teens to find his location and probably try to use this opportunity to get to him or that a certain someone lives in that state.


The moment I heard Arizona, I legit went:
Image
Image

You know good and well that you don't want a problem like that
You gonna make someone around me catch a body like that
No, don't do it, please don't do it
Cause one of us goes in, and we all go through it ~ :fro:

30 minutes of unboxing? He's been learning from her too (just kidding, that's a ton of gifts to get through).

On another note, looking forward to the "Monday's with Markiplier" segment, the comments look pretty tame so far. Interesting to hear a little about his bout with insecurity and how he feels a bit lonely on that pedestal he's put on as well. He seems really chill in this video. That disc gun looks like trouble and the boxers were hella creepy. :P

@Enough_Already: That kind of stuff does not belong here. Maybe on the main thread, but not this one.
Last edited by DanceApocalyptic on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ain't no order in this courtroom.

User avatar
Dragonmax
Informer
Informer
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:35 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Dragonmax » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:17 pm

Kamikaze wrote:
ritzcrackerz wrote:Yeah, that made me uneasy too. I was like really, of all places to do this and it so happens to be Arizona. I was like gee, I wonder why. But then again there could've a different circumstance but it's so coincidentally a company in the same state Jess lives. Trying not to jump to conclusions here. Other than that, I found the video really cool. Also, he mentioned the TBT plushies that I mentioned 2 days ago. I wonder if it'll happen soon.


Not wanting to jumping to conclusions...but it was just...interesting. It was just something that caught my attention...the video was nice, but I will admit, I zoned in on that one comment...I'm not gonna lie and say that it didn't catch my attention


Which one? PM me please!


"Siri, type this shit for me" #Tapatalk
My purpose on Guru Gossip is partici...

ritzcrackerz
Talker
Talker
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:34 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by ritzcrackerz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:25 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
ritzcrackerz wrote:Yeah, that made me uneasy too. I was like really, of all places to do this and it so happens to be Arizona. I was like gee, I wonder why. But then again there could've a different circumstance but it's so coincidentally a company in the same state Jess lives. Trying not to jump to conclusions here. Other than that, I found the video really cool. Also, he mentioned the TBT plushies that I mentioned 2 days ago. I wonder if it'll happen soon.


Yeah I don't want to jump the gun either, I can't imagine he'd invite a bunch of fans out to his location if all he was gonna do is have sex. Plus looking back on some of the few Pax pictures we've seen, of the few that have Mark and Jess in them, maybe I'm projecting my own thoughts but it kinda seems like Mark was deliberately trying to keep his distance from her.

But again, kinda uneasy about that announcement, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything.


I could be reading too much into this. I mean the plans with this company could fall through. I also tend to assume the worst too. I really hope Mark is trying to keep his distance from her. I don't hate Jess, it's just her actions have always given me bad vibes about her since day 1.

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:32 pm

ritzcrackerz wrote:
I could be reading too much into this. I mean the plans with this company could fall through. I also tend to assume the worst too. I really hope Mark is trying to keep his distance from her. I don't hate Jess, it's just her actions have always given me bad vibes about her since day 1.


Same here, it could just be a coincidence or it was the only group that he talked to that didn't fall through or whatever. I don't think he'd openly try to find an organization specifically located where Jess is. I would think if he was specifically looking for a state to go to it would be Ohio since then he could see his family and friends.

My feelings are the same as yours on Jess. I've felt bad for her and given her the benefit of the doubt multiple times, and every single time she's squandered it, both in words and actions. I don't trust her to be an adult and move on with her life. Period.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:37 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
ritzcrackerz wrote:
I could be reading too much into this. I mean the plans with this company could fall through. I also tend to assume the worst too. I really hope Mark is trying to keep his distance from her. I don't hate Jess, it's just her actions have always given me bad vibes about her since day 1.


Same here, it could just be a coincidence or it was the only group that he talked to that didn't fall through or whatever. I don't think he'd openly try to find an organization specifically located where Jess is. I would think if he was specifically looking for a state to go to it would be Ohio since then he could see his family and friends.

My feelings are the same as yours on Jess. I've felt bad for her and given her the benefit of the doubt multiple times, and every single time she's squandered it, both in words and actions. I don't trust her to be an adult and move on with her life. Period.


And let's leave it at that.

I don't wish to summon Jess for the fact that she'll lie and she'll crash our server.

I just want Mark to get back in the shake of things with his charity and getting closer to fans.

I hope fans don't see this as oppurtunity to take advantage of Marks kindness and willingness to grow closer to the fans.

Because I can easily see someone trying to guilt Mark into talking with them or pulling a Hannah. I'm sorry for my pessimism, but with his subs growing larger by the day, bad seeds roll in and spoil the harvest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

Kamikaze
Learner
Learner
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Kamikaze » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:42 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
ritzcrackerz wrote:
I could be reading too much into this. I mean the plans with this company could fall through. I also tend to assume the worst too. I really hope Mark is trying to keep his distance from her. I don't hate Jess, it's just her actions have always given me bad vibes about her since day 1.


Same here, it could just be a coincidence or it was the only group that he talked to that didn't fall through or whatever. I don't think he'd openly try to find an organization specifically located where Jess is. I would think if he was specifically looking for a state to go to it would be Ohio since then he could see his family and friends.

My feelings are the same as yours on Jess. I've felt bad for her and given her the benefit of the doubt multiple times, and every single time she's squandered it, both in words and actions. I don't trust her to be an adult and move on with her life. Period.


Of course it could be coincidence! It happens, but with recent events I couldn't help but have a slight inclination of a "hmmm interesting" feeling.

M0nkee...I concur with your feelings so I won't repeat it again here :D

Kamikaze
Learner
Learner
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by Kamikaze » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Gorillaz1236 wrote:
I just want Mark to get back in the shake of things with his charity and getting closer to fans.

I hope fans don't see this as oppurtunity to take advantage of Marks kindness and willingness to grow closer to the fans.

Because I can easily see someone trying to guilt Mark into talking with them or pulling a Hannah. I'm sorry for my pessimism, but with his subs growing larger by the day, bad seeds roll in and spoil the harvest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I definitely see what you are saying here and I hope it doesn't happen. You make good points!

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Gorillaz1236 wrote:
And let's leave it at that.

I don't wish to summon Jess for the fact that she'll lie and she'll crash our server.

I just want Mark to get back in the shake of things with his charity and getting closer to fans.

I hope fans don't see this as oppurtunity to take advantage of Marks kindness and willingness to grow closer to the fans.

Because I can easily see someone trying to guilt Mark into talking with them or pulling a Hannah. I'm sorry for my pessimism, but with his subs growing larger by the day, bad seeds roll in and spoil the harvest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'll bite my tongue for what I was gonna say, but you're right. This site has had plenty of server problems and I feel our group is partially responsible.

But yeah inviting all these thirsty fans unnerved me too. Likely he may need security guards because some of these kids will no doubt try to push the envelope and use this to get close to senpai and not actually try to help out. Look how many Q&A sessions he's done where people just ask for a selfie or hug or whatever instead of actually asking a question and take up his very limited time away from people who have a legitimate question to ask. Or worse one of his detractors or some psycho could use this as an excuse to hurt him.

This likely will turn out really badly if it's not properly organized and heavily policed.

User avatar
ZombieTown
Talker
Talker
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:04 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by ZombieTown » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:52 pm

I watched the unboxing video after not watching anything of Mark's in the longest time. I have to say, he seems way more relaxed and down to earth than he has in a while before I stopped watching his videos. It was nice :)

Now that PAX is done and I looked at all the pics and vids of Mark and Jess together, I didn't get the vibe that anything more than hanging out happened. The cosplay thing seemed like it might mean something, but overall they just seemed to be having fun with mutual friends. When he mentioned Arizona in the new video I kinda had an "uh-oh" moment, but it could really just be a coincidence. Can't say anymore on that front since there's not much else to analyze. I'm way more worried about inviting fans to get so close to him, since there are always the ones who go too far and it can create dangerous situations for himself and others.

ritzcrackerz
Talker
Talker
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:34 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 6

Post by ritzcrackerz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:55 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
Gorillaz1236 wrote:
And let's leave it at that.

I don't wish to summon Jess for the fact that she'll lie and she'll crash our server.

I just want Mark to get back in the shake of things with his charity and getting closer to fans.

I hope fans don't see this as oppurtunity to take advantage of Marks kindness and willingness to grow closer to the fans.

Because I can easily see someone trying to guilt Mark into talking with them or pulling a Hannah. I'm sorry for my pessimism, but with his subs growing larger by the day, bad seeds roll in and spoil the harvest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'll bite my tongue for what I was gonna say, but you're right. This site has had plenty of server problems and I feel our group is partially responsible.

But yeah inviting all these thirsty fans unnerved me too. Likely he may need security guards because some of these kids will no doubt try to push the envelope and use this to get close to senpai and not actually try to help out. Look how many Q&A sessions he's done where people just ask for a selfie or hug or whatever instead of actually asking a question and take up his very limited time away from people who have a legitimate question to ask. Or worse one of his detractors or some psycho could use this as an excuse to hurt him.

This likely will turn out really badly if it's not properly organized and heavily policed.


Very true. It just irked me when people were asking for selfies and hugs. Mark did multiple signings throughout the weekend. If this charity deal does workout and comes to my city, I would be there for his main purpose, which is the help change the world and that's what he wants. I agree with the security part too. I liked how the Q&A was organized on Sunday. They had to tweet out the question and didn't need to go into the crowd.

Post Reply

Return to “Markiplier”