We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by kei » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:50 pm

Yeah I've been staying far the fuck away from this particular topic after I stated my own opinion, that it was probably Tinder (until someone pointed out the Redtube thing, which is possible too.) I'll only say I doubt it was a "safe" app to admit, only because the others wouldn't have reacted in such an "oh no you didn't" manner and he himself wouldn't have looked so sheepish right after saying it. Other than that, I'm with @Dragonmax:

DragonMax wrote:No, I'm not being one of those fangirls who want to silence you guys on this topic. So what if he has porn apps on his phone? Not much of a big deal, there's a good number of guys that download sex-related apps. If he's dating / hooking up with adult women through Tinder then let him go ahead. He's 26 FFS.


I honestly don't care whether it was Tinder or Redtube, or whatever. I really don't. As long as he's actually happy in life, and that happiness shows through in his videos (which it finally has lately, fucking hallelujah) that's legit all I care about. Adults can act responsibly on either of those apps. No, I'm not about to discount or play down the feelings of those who do feel strongly about it. But rumors at this point, when he's been working so damn hard to reconnect with people, and all he did was mention a possibly adult app that was dubbed over, won't help anyone. Please, don't discourage yourselves over it. Let's leave the shadow chasing for Tumblr. :P
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:07 pm

Thanks guys for calming me down a bit :D I REALLY do hope it's just me getting all hyped over nothing and I learned most of the time I do, and then I end up looking like an an ass XD (Well I am aquarian HORSE related to Asses after all :P) I do have an egative mind set which I know I need to work on, and maybe it is better to think of the best of people instead of the worst. I will admit I do let other people's words sway me a bit. I'm like Elliot Reid from Scrubs, I hear something and go with it XD

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:33 pm

AquarianHorse wrote:Thanks guys for calming me down a bit :D I REALLY do hope it's just me getting all hyped over nothing and I learned most of the time I do, and then I end up looking like an an ass XD (Well I am aquarian HORSE related to Asses after all :P) I do have an egative mind set which I know I need to work on, and maybe it is better to think of the best of people instead of the worst. I will admit I do let other people's words sway me a bit. I'm like Elliot Reid from Scrubs, I hear something and go with it XD



Hey don't feel too bad. From what I see, is that you truly want to see Mark as a good guy and you're protective of the trust you let him have.

Same here [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

Sunshinerain102
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:34 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by Sunshinerain102 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Anyone else feel that this pink hair thing might ben good for Mark? I do not know but it seems to me like it might be a good self- confidence thing. Like showing him that people will still watch him with pink hair? I am having a hard time expressing this thought or really understanding it myself; it is just a feeling.
Also, bye Batman! :( Stay away from Harvey, you can't trust him.

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Hm I will def. do blue then eventually maybe :D I can be a bit OCD with my health of anything in general, even hair XD; I mean you can always dye it over right? XD

I love the pink,better than I thought it'd look! :O I will admit I am a bit jealous of girls he had because I still do have feelings of Mark, not just because of his looks but his charity and everything is what i love and his energy. Part of me doesn't think he'd be that guy but if you have anxiety,/depression/paranoia you'd probably understand. Yeah I get jealous some girls saying oh I got to meet him, kiss him, etc. But eh whatever. XD I realize now i need to be careful what i say tho :P

I think in a way it would be hard for him NOT to date a fan I mean he has TONS and TONS of fans, would be hard to know find a non-fan but I dunno what countries he has fans in exactly, I'd guess USA, Canada, Europe, Aust. and yeah it seems a lot are underage. I'm not though XD

Honestly though people like MSB needs to back off a bit. Isn't there a way where I don't have to see his stupid comments? I swear sometime I wanna be like "Is there anything you say about Mark's video and not your bloody self?" Course, I'm too nice and I don't want white knights attacking me >_> as say they say, pick your battles but man I wish I can not have to see his comments on yt -_- If there is a way where I don't ahve to see his name, let me know XD

When I comment on Mark's vids I comment about the vid or him or something. Like today about the one puppy being torn apart I was like "I am really sad too, want a hug?" It's awesome he loves doggies, I love dogs too.

Doesn't Cyndago have a dog or was that back in SC? :O (i'm more of a small-med size doggie fan than big :P )

User avatar
Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by Kierans » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Unless they're also into Youtube, I don't think Mark's that well-known among people his own age. When I was waiting in line for the panel at PAX, I saw a lot of teenagers and college-aged people (unless they were older and just looked young :P . The only fans of his who are near his age that I know of are either people I've met on here or friends of his. Just some anecdotal observations, but I could be wrong. There might be a giant section of his fan base entirely made up of viewers over 25. :lol:

And about Cyndago, I see they mostly went with "natural" hair colors, except for Ryan. I think Mark's hair will look better once it fades or if he cuts it some. I liked how it looked after bleaching for some reason. :P

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:19 pm

Kierans wrote:Unless they're also into Youtube, I don't think Mark's that well-known among people his own age. When I was waiting in line for the panel at PAX, I saw a lot of teenagers and college-aged people (unless they were older and just looked young :P . The only fans of his who are near his age that I know of are either people I've met on here or friends of his. Just some anecdotal observations, but I could be wrong. There might be a giant section of his fan base entirely made up of viewers over 25. :lol:

And about Cyndago, I see they mostly went with "natural" hair colors, except for Ryan. I think Mark's hair will look better once it fades or if he cuts it some. I liked how it looked after bleaching for some reason. :P


Yeah I liked him with the blonde more than that shade of pink. Kinda disappointed that Ryan was the only one who went with a crazy hair color. Though Matt does look nice as a blonde.

I think there are older fans of Mark like us, but they either aren't as vocal as the teens or are just casual fans who watch when they can. But the teens and young adults are definitely the bulk of his audience.

Plus considering how most adults seem to frown on Youtube and don't think it's a real job, I don't think a lot of adults care about it, especially Let's Players. Jimmy Kimmel isn't the only person who thinks "why are you watching someone else play a game when you could be playing it yourself?" and call it stupid. Heck South Park had an episode dedicated to this topic with a Pewds cameo and everything.

PinkBear
Learner
Learner
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:10 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by PinkBear » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:04 am

At least the guys were smart enough to go to a salon and have it professionally done, rather than risk ruining their hair by diy-ing it (says the person who dyes her own hair...) The green suits Jack and Daniel looks nice as a blond (he picked a shade that complimented his skin tone well), I half expected Mark to go a pastel pink as that would suit his skin tone better imo, the bright fuchsia is just a little too "I'm in a 90's underground rave band" for my liking. Also noticed Mark went to the salon Suzy from Game Grumps goes to, Frenchy's I think it's called? I know they do some cool stuff (I follow them on instagram, and the whole retro style salon looks fab)

boldnewtaste
Debater
Debater
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:08 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by boldnewtaste » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:51 am

a wee bit off topic, but i wandered into the tag for the first time in a while... i happened upon this poor girl who's apparently being harassed because people accused her of being mark's girlfriend. i think i remember seeing her a while back in the tag; i think people were just joking around at the time.

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:14 am

boldnewtaste wrote:a wee bit off topic, but i wandered into the tag for the first time in a while... i happened upon this poor girl who's apparently being harassed because people accused her of being mark's girlfriend. i think i remember seeing her a while back in the tag; i think people were just joking around at the time.


Just saw that, though I had to dig a bit. That's not right, she's engaged and is happy despite having some tough times. It was likely a joke and some brats took it seriously. Guess they don't care enough about Mark to heed his message of no bullying allowed or GTFO.

Also I'm seeing either homophobic comments in the tags or claiming Mark is gay/bi because of the pink hair. He's openly stated he is straight. Having pink hair doesn't mean he's gay/bi. Stop projecting your own fantasies on the man.

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:00 am

My god, will Mark ever get a break from these stupid rumors? *Remembers yesterday on here* Okay okay but yeah...

It's kind of like when my friend thought women with short hair are lesbians. I called him out on that one.

I think my faith in humanity just went down again after hearing that people are calling Mark gay because omg he has pink hair.

I think Mark chose pink because that's what his "character" Wilfred has, pink mustache but they could argue and say well he picked a pink mustache, why?

User avatar
moran
Informer
Informer
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by moran » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:56 am

AquarianHorse wrote:My god, will Mark ever get a break from these stupid rumors? *Remembers yesterday on here* Okay okay but yeah...

It's kind of like when my friend thought women with short hair are lesbians. I called him out on that one.

I think my faith in humanity just went down again after hearing that people are calling Mark gay because omg he has pink hair.

I think Mark chose pink because that's what his "character" Wilfred has, pink mustache but they could argue and say well he picked a pink mustache, why?


Yeah because pink is a feminine colour and therefore he MUST be gay to dye his hair or to even like that colour at all, duh, because liking a colour is obviously a valid indication of someone's sexuality, so if you are a straight man you must like, you know, blue or, I don't know, brown because that's american football balls colour, or red as the blood because violence is manly or shit like that?
I personally hate pink with a fiery passion (although I think I'm gonna dye my hair that colour too, not because of Mark but because I'm just so bored with myself I just want to try something new, maybe I'll change it in purple or else) and yet, guess what, I'm not a lesbian! And I even wear flannels, I know it's shocking! *gasp* Stereotypes are shite!

Those people are just too ignorant for words, they can't think with their own head (they can't think at all) and they go on basing their opinions on stereotypes, like "oh he likes pink, he's gay!", "oh he was abused by a girl, he's a pansy!", "oh he doesn't want to marry a random fan or says he doesn't have time for relationships, he's asexual!" or "oh he has a good chemistry with Jack, he's bisex!"
That's just so wrong and dumb, how many times does he have to say and "prove" he's straight for people to finally stop assuming silly shit like this about him? He's a cis straight male, I know it's boring and he's not this basic manly stone cold man that never cries and pretends to not know what feelings and emotions are, but they should get the fuck over themselves.

I bloody hate when people tries to shove a sexuality down someone else's throat, whatever the sexuality is, or when they deliberately ignore the person saying what their sexuality is just to keep the shipper's fantasies alive (this happens a lot with tv shows), Tumblr goes batshit crazy when that happens with a LGBT+ member, but they decide that it's okay to do this with him?
It's not being pro whatever at this point, it's fetishizing, it's following harmful stereotypes and it's gross.
Image

Sunshinerain102
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:34 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by Sunshinerain102 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:45 am

He will never escape the rumors as long as he is in the public eye. Why? Because he is good looking, smart, kind, and famous. The more you have going for you, the more insecure people will try to bring you down (not to say being gay is a bad thing or anything, but people may want to stop the fangirl adoration). Anything that could taint Mark's reputation or get rid of some of his fans, will be used against him. Misery loves company and people suck.

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:53 am

People sure do suck ;;

(I have nothing against gays/bis/lesbians,etc either, long as you're a good person I don't care what your sexual preference,etc is).

Also, notice how people that are generally hated in general by the media gets tons of attention? What is up with that? Like no one focuses on the good or they try to bring the good ones down anyway.

Well long as Mark can keep doing what he likes to do and stay strong, it's all good. I dunno how he does it taking all the crap people throw but eh we don't know how he handles it off camera.

User avatar
Wex66
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Posts: 4887
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:15 am
Location: NOT up Gnomeys hole .
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by Wex66 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:46 am

Hi everyone :respekt:
Just checking in to see how you are all doing ?PM me anytime if you need anything <3
Emila and Eduardo s #GUARDIANANGEL..http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... e-and-baby

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by kei » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:13 am

Wex66 wrote:Hi everyone :respekt:
Just checking in to see how you are all doing ?PM me anytime if you need anything <3


Aww, you guys rock. <3 Tumblr, eat your heart out, GG's got mods who actually give a fuck. :D

Yeah I saw the Tumblr post with the girl getting death threats because they think she's dating Mark. :roll: Honestly I'm starting to understand Mark's relief when he finally addressed the bullies, saying "you do not belong in this community, and we do not care." He's absolutely right it should go without saying, but it very much needed to be heard. Now that he's actually said it, his fans have somewhere to point when people start with the death threats and shit. There are people in his audience who are struggling with some very dark things, and don't need that aggressive vocal minority to dictate who the "real fans" are. He can't make it any clearer that he cares about his fans, and wants his community to care about each other. Anyone who twists that, frankly, shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

That's kind of why I hate the Tumblr anon system. At least with GG, we're semi-anonymous, but we're still personally accountable for our words.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:35 pm

Death threats over them assuming with no proof that someone is Mark's girlfriend? Dear god. That's maturity and looking good to other people. What if potential bosses, lovers, even your family saw that? If I saw someone in my family or friends do that, I'd cut them out of my life, or at least scold them or report them to someone. Just grow up -_- You can also get banned for doing that stuff anyway, unless you're on deviantart, mods on there don't care if you get bullied there either! :D >_>

User avatar
professionallurker
Talker
Talker
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:17 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by professionallurker » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Have you guys seen Mark's new twitter post?? I wonder what happened...

User avatar
T_f
Talker
Talker
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:34 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by T_f » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:09 pm

Yeah, I saw that! All we know is that something serious has come up. I also wonder what happened and if he's okay. :/
Image

User avatar
EternalSunshine
Learner
Learner
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:18 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by EternalSunshine » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:42 pm

Considering he's made videos from his freaking hospital bed I can't imagine what this is about. (Well, I can, but I won't.)

I hope he's doing okay and the fans leave him alone for once. So far everyone is backing off, but we'll see how it is after he's gone MIA for a while, which he probably will.

User avatar
alexalltimelow
Talker
Talker
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:45 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by alexalltimelow » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:39 pm

this got me worried, i really hope he's okay!
Image

User avatar
alexalltimelow
Talker
Talker
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:45 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by alexalltimelow » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:01 am

Image

saw this on twitter. looks like it involves the cyndago guys and the only one that hasnt been heard from is daniel so idk and im not trying to jump to conclusions but it looks like something happened to daniel
Image

User avatar
shaymin
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by shaymin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:52 am

Hey, it's been a while since I was on GG I tend to forget things when stuff like the latest DA:I DLC comes out, whoops! I decided to come back after seeing that worrying tweet Mark and his editor made. If (God bloody forbid) something has happened to one of his friends (as you guys have said, Daniel of Cyndago is the only one who hasn't checked in yet) or his family, my thoughts and prayers go out to them all. Poor guy, he really doesn't need this after one giant shitstorm of a year so far :(

EDIT: As for people attacking the woman on tumblr - have they no shame? I mean who am I kidding of course they don't. It's despicable. I can't say I won't be mildly envious of Mark's next girlfriend (because to me he seems like a lovely bloke and he's not half bad to look at), but God do people need to chill.

As for Mark, he really needs someone who isn't a crazy or a diehard fan. He could date a normal fan - someone who just watches his videos and occasionally does other things (like draw, write, comment, whatever). He can't have someone clinging to him - take it from me, clinginess in a relationship really drains you, to the point where you dread seeing your SO. He needs stability, someone who'll support him. Hooking up after a bad breakup (and, from what it appears, forcing himself to be friendly to an ex) doesn't seem like a fantastic idea to me.
Image

PinkBear
Learner
Learner
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:10 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by PinkBear » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:17 am

I hope that whomever Mark and Matt are referring to is ok (I don't want to make assumptions, but if it is Daniel than that sucks, he seems like a really swell guy, and I also hope Mark is alright too)

As for the Tumblr attacks, it isn't the first time, I vaguely remember ages ago that one of the Twitch mods who got demodded was subject to similar abuse/idiocy (I remember her telling me she got called a slut and other nasty things simply because people assumed she was in some sort of relationship with Mark/they were jealous of the fact she was a mod and not them), why people need to be assholes to strangers is beyond me...

User avatar
ZombieTown
Talker
Talker
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:04 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by ZombieTown » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:50 am

I've been lurking for the longest since I haven't had much to contribute, but I needed to comment after seeing Mark's tweet. That worried the hell out of me and I really hope he's ok and everyone around him is, too. What screwed me up inside is knowing he is one to rarely complain about bad things happening to him (even during the hospital stay earlier this year he'd keep saying he was fine, even though he had to have surgery), so to see him upset about something... God, I hope he's ok.

Post Reply

Return to “Markiplier”