We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

User avatar
Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by Kierans » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:53 am

Posting here since it's relationship related. I saw on Twitter that both Ryan and Matt apparently shaved their heads (I think). Guess that's their way of starting over before returning to LA? I'm still a bit worried about Ryan, but the fact that he's decided to stick with living in LA and will hopefully be up to making videos again at some point is a good sign, I guess.

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:29 am

Kierans wrote:Posting here since it's relationship related. I saw on Twitter that both Ryan and Matt apparently shaved their heads (I think). Guess that's their way of starting over before returning to LA? I'm still a bit worried about Ryan, but the fact that he's decided to stick with living in LA and will hopefully be up to making videos again at some point is a good sign, I guess.
Yeah Ryan's been a big worry. He's having a really hard time coping. Did you see his Instagram photo about the penny his dad found under his window? Every little thing reminds him of Daniel. Even his ex is struggling with both Daniel's passing and the breakup. It's gonna take a while for them to fully move on I think. I fear how Ryan will be once he returns to the house considering what happened, even if Mark cleaned it up. The memories will still be there. I'm just hoping this doesn't lead him down a dark path as well.

Also saw people giving Ryan shit because I guess he's a smoker and took pictures of himself holding one. Granted I don't like smoking either. Between the smell and having to spend a young part of my life watching someone I love slowly die from lung cancer, I want nothing to do with it. But it's his choice not mine, and I'm not gonna bully him into quitting. That's his decision.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by kei » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:49 am

Yeah the shaved head thing was a fairly clear indication they're trying to start fresh. Ryan definitely has gone through hard times, but I think he's actually handling it a little better than others believe. Twitter is a place for him to expel his worries and frustrations as well as his hopes and reflections, but since it's only a slice of his life we probably aren't getting the entire picture. IMO he wouldn't be going to L.A. if he wasn't ready to face the house again. Mark has made it clear he'll be there to help Ryan and Matt both re-acclimate, and I think this is probably just the next logical step in the healing process.

As for the smoking, I can't say I'm a fan of it, but do these people really think he'll read their comments ordering him to stop and be like "shit, you're right, I don't know what I was thinking, I'll go and quit forever now"? :roll: It's a personal decision, and it's really only up to him and the people directly in contact with him to decide if he quits or not.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:53 am

I don't smoke, but if I did I personally would hate it if strangers came up to me and were like "LOL STOP SMOKING!" It's just rude and annoying.

User avatar
Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by Kierans » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:18 am

kei wrote:Yeah the shaved head thing was a fairly clear indication they're trying to start fresh. Ryan definitely has gone through hard times, but I think he's actually handling it a little better than others believe. Twitter is a place for him to expel his worries and frustrations as well as his hopes and reflections, but since it's only a slice of his life we probably aren't getting the entire picture. IMO he wouldn't be going to L.A. if he wasn't ready to face the house again. Mark has made it clear he'll be there to help Ryan and Matt both re-acclimate, and I think this is probably just the next logical step in the healing process.

As for the smoking, I can't say I'm a fan of it, but do these people really think he'll read their comments ordering him to stop and be like "shit, you're right, I don't know what I was thinking, I'll go and quit forever now"? :roll: It's a personal decision, and it's really only up to him and the people directly in contact with him to decide if he quits or not.
Okay, that's a good point. I guess I fell into the trap of thinking that what I see on social media is the extent of what's going on. :P I think I'm worried about him since he's the one posting his thoughts and old pictures, while Mark and Matt seem to have dived back into their work.

And yeah, I'm no fan of smoking either, but having strangers all up in arms about your personal habits must get pretty annoying. :roll:

Daniliz92
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by Daniliz92 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:05 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Welcome aboard! Don't be afraid to talk to any of us if you have any questions or concerns.

As for the new Resident Enis coming out? Definitely excited on my end. Can't wait to see what they have planned.

Halloween was boring and uneventful for me. Anyone else?


Thank youu!! my halloween was ok spent most of the day watching all the halloween movies and helping mom pass out candy.

User avatar
Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by Kierans » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:07 am

Hi, Daniliz! :D My Halloween was spent at work and running errands. :P

EmSArcade posted this a couple of days ago.
I don't get how the commenter thinks she "pretends to be buddy-buddy" with Mark and Jack when she and Jack only tweet each other occasionally, but putting that aside . . . I wonder if this is part of why Mark doesn't collab with too many people anymore (not counting this past month because of the tragedy, but before that). Because he knows that even associating himself with another Youtuber once these days will mean that his fans will be endlessly asking that Youtuber about him. I know he works with Suzy and Dodger on their channels and other projects, but I don't think he'll ever "team up" with a female Youtuber on his channel. Both for the reason I mentioned and because he'll probably be endlessly shipped with them.

Anyone else have thoughts on what she posted?

(In case anyone doesn't know, Em's the Let's Player who sang "Other Side of the Screen" and the cover of "Everything's Alright" for the 6 and 8 mil videos. She actually posted here a while back when we were discussing her and Mark at Indy Popcon, and also spoke up while all the bullying was going on with Mark's fans over the summer. :tu: )

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:07 am

Kierans wrote:Hi, Daniliz! :D My Halloween was spent at work and running errands. :P

EmSArcade posted this a couple of days ago.
I don't get how the commenter thinks she "pretends to be buddy-buddy" with Mark and Jack when she and Jack only tweet each other occasionally, but putting that aside . . . I wonder if this is part of why Mark doesn't collab with too many people anymore (not counting this past month because of the tragedy, but before that). Because he knows that even associating himself with another Youtuber once these days will mean that his fans will be endlessly asking that Youtuber about him. I know he works with Suzy and Dodger on their channels and other projects, but I don't think he'll ever "team up" with a female Youtuber on his channel. Both for the reason I mentioned and because he'll probably be endlessly shipped with them.

Anyone else have thoughts on what she posted?

(In case anyone doesn't know, Em's the Let's Player who sang "Other Side of the Screen" and the cover of "Everything's Alright" for the 6 and 8 mil videos. She actually posted here a while back when we were discussing her and Mark at Indy Popcon, and also spoke up while all the bullying was going on with Mark's fans over the summer. :tu: )
We could say the same thing of Ethan AKA CrankGameplays who is buds with Emily as well. He's been at a bunch of cons with Mark and the gang and considers himself close friends with them, but he hasn't played with them, he just mainly jokes around on Twitter with some of them, but never Mark. And to be fair, Emily did mention in her Indy Popcon vlog that she felt like she was saying goodbye to a group of good friends, so maybe people are taking it off of that? Who can say?

Honestly, Mark has been very distant for a long time in terms of collabs (though also personally as well). Mainly the only ones he's played with these days are Bob, Wade, Jack, and the Grumps on very rare occasions. Yami and Minx are nowhere to be seen, supposedly Ohm has a beef with him, Cry is off with his crew (and his obnoxious gf) and is becoming somewhat douchey imo, Captain Sparklez hasn't been around apart from the Gentlemen's Dispute videos, Raedwolfgamer he collabed with right before his move to LA then never did again, and even with Dodger he's only collabed with her through other sources like Polaris or Random Encounters. He even said he was gonna collab with that Patrick guy from the Make A Wish Foundation and he hasn't done that either.

Even with the people he hangs out with at cons: PatrickStatic, MissScarletTanager, Girbeagly, Entoan, Dlive, he either never plays with them or has since stopped playing with them in favor of Bob, Wade, and Jack. And actually according to Scarlet on her Pax Prime vlog, when asked in her comment section about hanging out with Mark, she said he barely spoke two words to her through the whole con apart from yelling at her doing badly at Jenga.

He doesn't seem to want to branch out into other circles at all, which is kinda hypocritical in a sense because that's what he was encouraging the fans to do. I get he's an introvert and prefers to stick to his core group of familiar friends, I'm the same way. But practice what you preach.

I think he's been partially soiled by bad collab experiences. I think he and the guys have mentioned that they've played with some lpers who were incredibly fake and weren't interested in collabing for fun, it was just for views. That and how poorly he was treated at Vidcon (he must've been pretty pissed to write a passive-aggressive tweet like that) and he doesn't trust anyone new who comes into the fray. He just expects people using his channel or his friends for ill-gotten means.

The shipping may have something to do it, along with my thoughts that Mark's uncomfortable around women in general, but in my opinion, Mark just doesn't want to branch out for whatever reasons.

User avatar
Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by Kierans » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:59 am

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:He doesn't seem to want to branch out into other circles at all, which is kinda hypocritical in a sense because that's what he was encouraging the fans to do. I get he's an introvert and prefers to stick to his core group of familiar friends, I'm the same way. But practice what you preach.
Well, that's true. But there are people out there who would just be interested in collabs just for fun, I'd hope. I guess like you said, he's just gotten to the point where it's "safer" to stick with close friends, since most Youtubers who want to collaborate with him will probably do so just for views. :( And as an introvert, his natural inclination would be to cling to close friends, anyway. Which is sad, but just a fact of life once you start getting Youtube famous, I guess.

But I have another question. I know some Youtubers are more concerned with views than with having fun, but is the Youtube scene really that bad? :( It seems so "high school" to have to worry about who you associate with and are "seen" with. And of course, Mark posted this earlier this week: I know he's not as bad as some Youtubers, but looking at the examples you posted, it does seem that he's being a bit hypocritical.

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:25 am

Kierans wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:He doesn't seem to want to branch out into other circles at all, which is kinda hypocritical in a sense because that's what he was encouraging the fans to do. I get he's an introvert and prefers to stick to his core group of familiar friends, I'm the same way. But practice what you preach.
Well, that's true. But there are people out there who would just be interested in collabs just for fun, I'd hope. I guess like you said, he's just gotten to the point where it's "safer" to stick with close friends, since most Youtubers who want to collaborate with him will probably do so just for views. :( And as an introvert, his natural inclination would be to cling to close friends, anyway. Which is sad, but just a fact of life once you start getting Youtube famous, I guess.

But I have another question. I know some Youtubers are more concerned with views than with having fun, but is the Youtube scene really that bad? :( It seems so "high school" to have to worry about who you associate with and are "seen" with. And of course, Mark posted this earlier this week: I know he's not as bad as some Youtubers, but looking at the examples you posted, it does seem that he's being a bit hypocritical.
Yeah exactly. He complains about how the internet is like high school and how people fall into cliques, don't branch out past that group, and ostracize others wanting to join in, but he's guilty of that too. Again maybe it's his natural introvert nature, but then don't say one thing while doing just what you condemn others for.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by kei » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:33 am

There have been some great, very insightful points being made. I've thought for a while how to phrase my thoughts about the topic. There seems to be fewer collabs in general across YouTube LPers. Yami's been struggling lately, Minx pops up in other people's videos and streams occasionally but not nearly as often as she used to, Cry still brings friends to his stream (Ken and Strippin were supposedly there last night) but for the most part has let his girlfriend drive others away...and none of them even want to mention Mark let alone collab with him. But I'm not sure if it's because there's tension between them, or if it's more that they're fed up with the crazy vibe that tends to follow him. His fanbase will take over any comment section, any chat room, and make the show entirely about Mark and Mark alone. Because of his popularity, there can't be any more collaborations with him, only "Let's Play <Blank> with Markiplier, featuring Markiplier and whoever happens to be hosting this video on their channel".

Cry has jokingly called Mark a sellout more than once, but behind every joke lies an element of how that person really feels. Hell, ever since Matthias started working with him, even his non-Mark videos and twitter comments have been spammed with people demanding he do another video with Mark. And I'm still not 100% convinced AJ had planned for Mark to be in FNAF 4 all along...he may not have wanted a repeat of the struggle he had with Mark's fans over Night 3. I'm not sure I'd call him a hypocrite, because he's all too aware of his position at the moment and knows the magnitude of his shadow can easily turn a light-hearted collab into "OMG you looked cross-eyed at Mark how dare you evil person even live on the same planet as him!"

At least with his previously established circle, he knows he won't make enemies out of former friends. They're used to his fans' crazy shit by now and just don't care, because they knew him long before anyone else did. Not many others will have that much patience. And Jack's a special case, because his personality is similar to Mark's (though Jack's definitely more grounded :P ) and he loves everybody on Youtube anyway.

As for the things Mark says...this is all IMO, mind you, but I would say he speaks very idealistically much of the time. Everything he says, he believes can happen. He wants it to happen. But he's also very careful with every single step he takes now, because he sees people trying to use him, his friends, and his internet acquaintances to further their own goals, instead of just having fun as he intended from the beginning. Some people may have genuinely benign reasons for wanting to collab with him, but he can't take that chance anymore. The established LPers can't do it for the reasons I listed above, and new LPers can't because it's impossible to sift the honest requests from the thousands of "I wanna be famous overnight too!" requests.

Youtube itself is a medium that's a constantly shapeshifting animal. It started out as a place for people to post cat videos, but within the last few years it's become so commercialized that the people who suddenly found themselves popular overnight also found themselves surrounded by all the pitfalls that come with celebrity status. That includes millions of people who will do anything (anything) in the name of "showbusiness". Felix's video "Youtube Wh***" is a good indication what he really thinks of it all, and it serves as a reminder to others not to take themselves or Youtube as seriously as the entertainment world is pushing them to. It's very much a high school mentality, because the same thing happens in Hollywood. How do you think the same actors keep getting cast in movie after movie? Only a small sliver of it is based on actual talent, the rest is based off favoritism and clique mentality. Youtube is in the middle of an identity crisis right now, caught between being an open forum for the masses to create new and wonderful ideas, and being funneled into just another opportunity for big businesses to wrench money from the pockets of the unsuspecting public while the content creator loses creative control over their own work. I would say there's a reason you don't see Mark doing many sponsored videos that Polaris doesn't order him to.

TL;DR: everyone wants a piece of him. That makes him poison to other LPers, and makes him distrustful of the "high school" mentality that has descended onto every social media platform available right now. Youtube is struggling to figure out its place in the entertainment world, and because Mark is one of the most visible Youtube stars, I think he's getting pulled along for the ride.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:07 am

kei wrote:There have been some great, very insightful points being made. I've thought for a while how to phrase my thoughts about the topic. There seems to be fewer collabs in general across YouTube LPers. Yami's been struggling lately, Minx pops up in other people's videos and streams occasionally but not nearly as often as she used to, Cry still brings friends to his stream (Ken and Strippin were supposedly there last night) but for the most part has let his girlfriend drive others away...and none of them even want to mention Mark let alone collab with him. But I'm not sure if it's because there's tension between them, or if it's more that they're fed up with the crazy vibe that tends to follow him. His fanbase will take over any comment section, any chat room, and make the show entirely about Mark and Mark alone. Because of his popularity, there can't be any more collaborations with him, only "Let's Play <Blank> with Markiplier, featuring Markiplier and whoever happens to be hosting this video on their channel".

Cry has jokingly called Mark a sellout more than once, but behind every joke lies an element of how that person really feels. Hell, ever since Matthias started working with him, even his non-Mark videos and twitter comments have been spammed with people demanding he do another video with Mark. And I'm still not 100% convinced AJ had planned for Mark to be in FNAF 4 all along...he may not have wanted a repeat of the struggle he had with Mark's fans over Night 3. I'm not sure I'd call him a hypocrite, because he's all too aware of his position at the moment and knows the magnitude of his shadow can easily turn a light-hearted collab into "OMG you looked cross-eyed at Mark how dare you evil person even live on the same planet as him!"

At least with his previously established circle, he knows he won't make enemies out of former friends. They're used to his fans' crazy shit by now and just don't care, because they knew him long before anyone else did. Not many others will have that much patience. And Jack's a special case, because his personality is similar to Mark's (though Jack's definitely more grounded :P ) and he loves everybody on Youtube anyway.

As for the things Mark says...this is all IMO, mind you, but I would say he speaks very idealistically much of the time. Everything he says, he believes can happen. He wants it to happen. But he's also very careful with every single step he takes now, because he sees people trying to use him, his friends, and his internet acquaintances to further their own goals, instead of just having fun as he intended from the beginning. Some people may have genuinely benign reasons for wanting to collab with him, but he can't take that chance anymore. The established LPers can't do it for the reasons I listed above, and new LPers can't because it's impossible to sift the honest requests from the thousands of "I wanna be famous overnight too!" requests.

Youtube itself is a medium that's a constantly shapeshifting animal. It started out as a place for people to post cat videos, but within the last few years it's become so commercialized that the people who suddenly found themselves popular overnight also found themselves surrounded by all the pitfalls that come with celebrity status. That includes millions of people who will do anything (anything) in the name of "showbusiness". Felix's video "Youtube Wh***" is a good indication what he really thinks of it all, and it serves as a reminder to others not to take themselves or Youtube as seriously as the entertainment world is pushing them to. It's very much a high school mentality, because the same thing happens in Hollywood. How do you think the same actors keep getting cast in movie after movie? Only a small sliver of it is based on actual talent, the rest is based off favoritism and clique mentality. Youtube is in the middle of an identity crisis right now, caught between being an open forum for the masses to create new and wonderful ideas, and being funneled into just another opportunity for big businesses to wrench money from the pockets of the unsuspecting public while the content creator loses creative control over their own work. I would say there's a reason you don't see Mark doing many sponsored videos that Polaris doesn't order him to.

TL;DR: everyone wants a piece of him. That makes him poison to other LPers, and makes him distrustful of the "high school" mentality that has descended onto every social media platform available right now. Youtube is struggling to figure out its place in the entertainment world, and because Mark is one of the most visible Youtube stars, I think he's getting pulled along for the ride.
You make a lot of good points.

Yeah I was thinking the fans could be part of the reason other Youtubers have stepped away from Mark. Just by watching the chat on SXSW and his charity livestreams showed how dominating and downright INSANE his fans can be... At least the hugely vocal ones. Which honestly compared to his 10+ million sub count is rather small. When he did that strawpoll earlier, by the end only around 200,000 people voted. Still large but that's nothing compared to 10 million! And yet it's this loud vocal minority that dominate all the discussion and speaks for the majority who just want to watch his videos, have a laugh, and occasionally raise money for good causes. The rest are so obsessed with his looks and how he makes them feel good that anyone who dares disagree with them is harassed mercilessly! And when asked to do something, they only partially listen and just use his words as an excuse to worship him like a God when he is just an ordinary man with a passion for video games and charity! These kids need to fucking go outside and stop their sick twisted fantasies of a grown man that they've never met and will likely NEVER meet! He is not your boyfriend/husband, your daddy, your best friend, your son, your God, Jack's true love, HE IS A MAN! A man who wants to make the world a better place and make people laugh with his silly gameplay videos!

And for god's sake, just because someone collabs with Mark, it does NOT mean you can harass that content creator to do more with him if he/she doesn't want to! Respect their work, not just the stuff they do with Mark! They are talented in their own way! They deserve love too!

But also Youtube definitely has been screwing up a lot. They claim to be a platform for ordinary people to connect and build communities, but since getting bought out by Google they basically just promote the bigger channels that make more money for them, fuck the little guys, and try to wring out as much ad revenue as possible. This Youtube Red thing is definitely not helping in the slightest, especially with how vague they're being with the information about it. The Google+ integration was terrible, the copyright algorithm is broken, Youtube Gaming is buggy as hell, from what I hear their Adsense system might also be corrupt, so how about offering a new thing that may or may not work and screw a lot of people over!

I really wish there was another site to combat Youtube because so far it's a mess.

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:45 am

I find it funny how Mark thinks the community (his fanbase I would think he's talking about), are all helpful, and kind to each other.

The HELL they're not! I'm sorry but I been treated like shit when I come in contact with some fans in this fandom or FNAF/fandom. Hell like I said a week ago I called someone out (I was being nice I was being passive aggressive saying Mark and Jack are straight and I got bitched at and accused that I don't know what a joke is. Uh, I know what a joke is, I know all kinds of joke and people making a Jack/Mark joke? It's not funny, it's disrespectful to Mark and Jack). Also remember how I said I stood up to Mark for people drawing FNAF characters fucking him? God damn. TONS of white knights stalked my deviantart page, harassed me, and some kept stalking my page. Yeah I probably threw in some fire by bitching and calling them out in the Complaints forum on dA by being passive aggressive. But I was angry, and defensive. Plus I was having a panic attack. No offense Mark, but when people treat anyone like that to have them have a FUCKING panic attack is NOT A GOOD COMMUNITY. Stop having your head in the sand. How about that girl on tumblr that may/may not have committed suicide (Do we know for sure?) All most of the fans of Mark ever does is harass and bitch and whine. So sorry Mark, I don't see how this is a wonderful caring community. I feel safer on this GG forum than I do anywhere else.

I am sure there are wonderful fans out there that won't scratch your eyes out if you say anything to disagree.. but I am just not happy with most of the fandom. Treating Mark like an object,calling him daddy, saying he's yours, etc. and what not. Just fucking stop.

I wish something can be done to tell some fans to calm the fuck down. I wonder if fans got butt hurt when he was telling people to stop bullying but obviously no one listened.

I personally love seeing Mark do collabs but I can understand why collabs are done less. I will admit I prefer Mark to do collabs with Wade, Bob and Jack, (and Yami) than I do with Cyndago now with Matt and Ryan. (I know it's up to them and what not but I really wish Matt and Ryan can cool it with the sexual dark jokes, and I couldn't care less if we didn't see WIlfred Warfstache. Sorry I rather see Darkiplier). I did have the thought oh what if they put in Mark's puppy in a sick dark sketch like they did with the one skit where Warfstache kills everyone. :roll:

User avatar
Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by Kierans » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:24 am

kei wrote:Youtube is in the middle of an identity crisis right now, caught between being an open forum for the masses to create new and wonderful ideas, and being funneled into just another opportunity for big businesses to wrench money from the pockets of the unsuspecting public while the content creator loses creative control over their own work.
That's really sad. I wonder if this is something Youtube will recover from, or if this is the beginning of the end, so to speak. Not the end of people being Internet famous or posting videos, but the end of Youtube and the Adsense model of payment. Sorry if that was gloomy, it was a random thought. :P Maybe Youtube would get its stuff together if it had a competitor. Twitch is the only competition I can think of, but it's mostly gaming oriented (aside from the recent Twitch Creative stuff).

It's sobering to think about the difference between Mark's idealism and the current state of Youtube. Other Youtubers like Felix seem to have adjusted to being in the spotlight and seem to be happy enough with the way things are going. Sometimes I wonder how long it will take for Mark to get fed up with Youtube and quit altogether.

Speaking of Youtube Wh#re, I noticed that Felix doesn't have it on his channel anymore. :? Might be reading too much into this, but I wonder if a lot of people complained, or if Youtube thought it hit a little too close to home.

ETA: Mark replied to a comment on FB that the puppy's coming on Thursday! :D

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:33 am

I didn't like the Google Plus thing youtube forced you to do D:

Notice how you can't directly reply to Mark? Usually his name would be in blue, now in black unless that's on all youtubbers now?

I know Dodger talked about it, host of Radio Dead Air Live talked about it but did any of the other youtubbers express how they feel about Youtube Red? (Dodger's hair is blue, SO PRETTY! :D)

User avatar
Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by Kierans » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:41 am

AquarianHorse wrote:I didn't like the Google Plus thing youtube forced you to do D:

Notice how you can't directly reply to Mark? Usually his name would be in blue, now in black unless that's on all youtubbers now?

I know Dodger talked about it, host of Radio Dead Air Live talked about it but did any of the other youtubbers express how they feel about Youtube Red? (Dodger's hair is blue, SO PRETTY! :D)
Well, Jack tweeted for everyone to stop freaking out. Felix wrote a Tumblr post about it. Totalbiscuit made a few observations, but he said it's too early to form any solid opinions. I think Jim Sterling might have said something as well, but I don't remember what he said. :?

So far, I liked Dodger's explanation best.

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:46 am

Kierans wrote:
kei wrote:Youtube is in the middle of an identity crisis right now, caught between being an open forum for the masses to create new and wonderful ideas, and being funneled into just another opportunity for big businesses to wrench money from the pockets of the unsuspecting public while the content creator loses creative control over their own work.
That's really sad. I wonder if this is something Youtube will recover from, or if this is the beginning of the end, so to speak. Not the end of people being Internet famous or posting videos, but the end of Youtube and the Adsense model of payment. Sorry if that was gloomy, it was a random thought. :P Maybe Youtube would get its stuff together if it had a competitor. Twitch is the only competition I can think of, but it's mostly gaming oriented (aside from the recent Twitch Creative stuff).

It's sobering to think about the difference between Mark's idealism and the current state of Youtube. Other Youtubers like Felix seem to have adjusted to being in the spotlight and seem to be happy enough with the way things are going. Sometimes I wonder how long it will take for Mark to get fed up with Youtube and quit altogether.

Speaking of Youtube Wh#re, I noticed that Felix doesn't have it on his channel anymore. :? Might be reading too much into this, but I wonder if a lot of people complained, or if Youtube thought it hit a little too close to home.

ETA: Mark replied to a comment on FB that the puppy's coming on Thursday! :D
Personally, I hope the adsense stuff goes away. It's been nothing but problems. I've been seeing a lot more stories of smaller channels signing up for Google Adsense only to lose it in a couple of days or weeks with no notification that they did anything wrong. And you can't get any help to appeal it or figure out what happened, you're just automatically guilty. And if it's a glitch, then they aren't fixing it, likely so they don't have to waste money on another channel to support.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past Mark to quit Youtube at this rate. He knows it's unsustainable as a living and doesn't want to do it forever. He'd really be better off moving back home, finishing up his engineering degree, and fade into the shadows. He doesn't like the Hollywood mindset, he wants to be creative, but he hates the idealism of it all. And likely other Youtubers feel the same way. Plus film and television are losing traction to the internet and Youtube isn't a viable jumping off point towards those things in general. Hopefully in time there will be more opportunities for Youtubers to branch out and be more creative without relying on old unsustainable ways, but it hasn't been invented yet.

To be fair Pewds' little Youtube Wh*** video was kinda lame and likely a lot of fans complained about it. (especially sjws :rofl: ) But I wouldn't be surprised if Google made him take it down.

Was kinda hoping Mark was gonna wait until after Thanksgiving to get the dog, but I can't control that. Still wonder what he's gonna do with her when he goes back to visit his family for the holidays? Unless he and the guys are gonna stay home and make their own Thanksgiving dinner, I don't see what they're gonna do. It's too early for her to fly, but he can't leave her home alone or at a dog-sitter. That would be cruel.

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:15 am

I wonder what will happen to the fandom when Mark does quit Youtube :rofl: People will probably threaten him, or threaten to take their lives, or go crazy or fight each other. Hopefully when Mark does go off to do his own thing off of youtube, people will stop stalking him and doing other creepy things. Understandable if not wanting too much fame like the Hollywood thing. It seems like you can't have privacy, I notice sometimes there will be an article of a celeb doing something REALLY small that everyone else does and it's like "So what? What's the point of this article?"

Does Mark usually spend the holidays with his family? :O That would be upsetting I agree to just dump the puppy on someone else while he's gone :/ Once you have a dog you have to be with them 24/7 (Any pet really), it's like having a kid but SO MUCH BETTER :) (Yeah I am not big on kids sorry). It would be cute to see how the puppy and Mark's other dogs play :D It be so adorable!

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:37 am

AquarianHorse wrote:I wonder what will happen to the fandom when Mark does quit Youtube :rofl: People will probably threaten him, or threaten to take their lives, or go crazy or fight each other. Hopefully when Mark does go off to do his own thing off of youtube, people will stop stalking him and doing other creepy things. Understandable if not wanting too much fame like the Hollywood thing. It seems like you can't have privacy, I notice sometimes there will be an article of a celeb doing something REALLY small that everyone else does and it's like "So what? What's the point of this article?"

Does Mark usually spend the holidays with his family? :O That would be upsetting I agree to just dump the puppy on someone else while he's gone :/ Once you have a dog you have to be with them 24/7 (Any pet really), it's like having a kid but SO MUCH BETTER :) (Yeah I am not big on kids sorry). It would be cute to see how the puppy and Mark's other dogs play :D It be so adorable!
People freaked out when Mark started wearing contacts! (which btw he hasn't been doing as much lately. Wonder why?) Or how about when he changed his hair or shaved his beard?! And let's not forget the lovely Tumblr wars of the Red Flannel Vs. the Blue Flannel! The fact that a silly little joke was taken as a serious flame war by some of these people is embarrassing to say the least!

But Mark is obviously a private person and isn't that big on being famous. He just wants to play games, be creative, and raise money for good causes. But the more popular he gets, the more he loses that privacy and even some of his humanity with the way the fans treat him.

Honestly I think Mark leaving Youtube would be a big wake up call for some of these kids. Yes there would be resistance and temper tantrums, but they would finally learn not to rely on someone else for their happiness and mental health. Obviously it would have to be a gradual process, as Mark is like a drug to these kids, and quitting cold turkey has never worked out for anyone, it just causes more problems. But Mark can't be there for them all the time, they have to grow up... But more likely they'll get infatuated with another celebrity, they'll hoist him up on God Rock and the circle of bullshit will continue.

Mark usually spends the holidays with his family since he doesn't get to see them all that often. Granted for Christmas he spent it in Arizona with someone else, but normally he's with his mom and brother. So again, what is he gonna do with the new dog?

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:10 am

:O I didn't know people whined about wearing contacts or shaving his beard or shaving his head! I haven't seen too much vids of him wearing the blue flannel tbh. What vids are that? I seen mostly the red, and a couple times the black and white. I guess people forget that Mark's a grown man that is allowed to make his own decisions. I knew people were stupid but this is just REALLY stupid.

I wonder how long Mark will be on YT for? :O LOL I have taken a couple hiatuses from watching Mark videos (Basically because of fans ruining Mark for me or he made some dumb moves that irked me). Fans I assume are mostly teens or pre teens need to learn that not everything will go their own way, sad because some parents are bad parents that can't teach them to behave.

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:29 am

Mark said he dyed his hair pink.

Uh Mark? We already know it's pink XD Unless you mean dying your whole hair pink?

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:36 am

AquarianHorse wrote:Mark said he dyed his hair pink.

Uh Mark? We already know it's pink XD Unless you mean dying your whole hair pink?
That's my guess, that now all of his hair is pink, not just partially. Wonder what spurred that on?

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:38 am

Because he's weird and crazy XD

User avatar
M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:41 am

AquarianHorse wrote:Because he's weird and crazy XD
I guess. Well we'll just have to wait for pics, but I have a feeling it isn't gonna be as nice as the partial pink hair.

Hope this isn't gonna be a permanent staple of his either. Too much bleaching will ruin his hair. But whatever, it's his head.

User avatar
AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:48 am

Since people got upset about him doing anything to his face or how he should wear his clothes people gonna freak out over dying his whole head pink XD

Shit storm incoming...SOON!

Post Reply

Return to “Markiplier”