We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier - Part 5

Wex66
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 5

Post by Wex66 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:36 am

Hi everyone I was going to post the above to here but @Kei got itv :tu:
Sorry I've been mia but I'm back .I've locked the old thread but can I ask you to let the post count go to over 1000 before starting a new thread .It means going to 41 pages but that's ok :respekt:
Emila and Eduardo s #GUARDIANANGEL..http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... e-and-baby

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:37 pm

Hmm, kind of off topic for this forum, but let me insert this article link here. I wouldn't have even considered posting it, except for the post that showed up here today and the fact this is probably the what, third time this year Mark's been accused of transphobia? Funny how the timing of the article worked...it's all about how Yale students verbally assaulted a professor in the name of social justice because his wife wrote an email suggesting college students are adult enough to choose their own Halloween costumes.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... le/414810/

It's a long-ass article, but if you stick with it, it highlights a lot of the issues everyone is facing today with the SJW movement. And it is becoming a movement, which is dangerous by itself. Not because they "might be right" as they're quick to say, but because they're perpetuating the idea and sickening allure of victimhood to a point that minority populations may never be able to escape the "victim" label. By acting like their own lives have been personally destroyed because the confrontation didn't go the way they expected, these students placed the focus solely on themselves and took the minority groups out of the equation entirely.

We may see this disturbing behavior from tumblr every day, especially whenever Mark does something that confuses them, but it's not an isolated corner of the internet. I wonder just how these people are going to live once they grow beyond their college years and see just how much time they've wasted ignoring the real issues facing minorities. Demanding a professor step down from his position just because he wasn't allowed to disagree with them...there's something ironic but very dangerous lurking within that problem.

It's not just with Mark. I've seen a lot of minor celebs getting called out lately just because they do things that don't fit the SJW's idea of a perfect role model, even if what they're doing is benign in and of itself. Tumblr may be worthy only of an eyeroll on the best of days, but we've already seen the rampant bullying that occurs whenever someone disagrees with the vocal minority. In a fandom. Once you add hot-button topics like racism and transgender rights into that mix, that's just a powder keg seeking a fuse.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:41 pm

The video attached as well as the article was painful to watch and read. What self-entitled spoiled little brats! They don't feel safe in that nice campus with tons of luxuries because of a fucking email?! Their feelings are more important than their fucking education which costs their parents THOUSANDS of dollars to attend?! Students were SO DISTRAUGHT over an email that they couldn't eat or attend classes?! God forbid if someone actually told them to shut the fuck up!

And the email wasn't even bad, it basically was saying a person should be able to dress up whoever they want to regardless of race or gender, that it should be up to the supposed adult students to make their own decisions in terms of costuming, and if someone crosses the line and offends them, to either ignore it or talk it out like CIVILIZED adults! But no, it's always someone else' responsibility because you're so goddamned sheltered that you can't think for yourself because that would require more effort then throwing a temper tantrum!

Sadly this sjw bullshit isn't just in campuses or Tumblr. It's all over. Look at #shirtgate, look at how many feminists were quick to attack celebrities like Meryl Streep and Kaley Cuocco for disagreeing with them, look at #GamerGate, look at the brats throwing a fit on the red carpet because they lost their funding for shelters DUE TO THEIR OWN SEXIST ATTITUDES!

And then you see bullshit like this where even art isn't sacred (thanks KiteTales for bringing this up in one of your videos): https://news.artnet.com/art-world/outra ... ent-314534

And it's only gonna get worse if these little brats actually graduate college with decent jobs other than gender studies, where there is no hug box full of coloring books and videos of puppies to calm your childish brains from having actual thought!

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:53 pm

I don't think I will read the article or watch the video. From reading your guys posts about it it sounds like made ya just mad :/ I do think this whole entitled thing is way out of control.
I have no faith that the generation behind us will make the world any better than it is now. :/ I only say this from seeing all the crazy stuff online like the sjws, how fandoms act that are younger than us, etc.
I just hate people that have to ruin things for others and feel the need to get their own way and throw temper tantrums. Like really?

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:54 pm

But as much as I'd love to bitch and moan about sjws and the stupidity of these overgrown brats, it's probably best we get back on topic.

Mark's new Reading Your Comments is out... He spent most of the video giggling with Ryan and Matt, (they were behind the camera) particularly about Mark's terrible Hank Hill impression.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:03 pm

I esp. love Mark's hill billy accent :D Esp. on the Undertale game :P

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Yeah, he looks a lot more comfortable now with Matt and Ryan around. It's good to see him loosening up again. :) I almost rolled my eyes at the "boobs in the thumbnail" thing, thinking he was going Ken's route, but it was actually really creative, even if it was silly. :lol: He seemed honestly surprised at just how weird some of the questions were. Also, poor Wade getting dragged into that without knowing what was happening :lol:
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:28 pm

Finished watching reading your comments video XD It was funny and random. The end was gross when someone asked if they can poop on Mark's face. That's just gross D: (Don't care if it was a joke or supposed to be funny or cute, but ew)

I love how someone asked if he was in America and Mark was like *looks behind him* Apparently LA is not in the US XD

Mark sure got that fan burned about the whole glasses thing XD

I know that thing about being a free elf was probably a Harry Potter reference but who was Mark exactly trying to reference too? D: It sounded more like Gollum? If so, wrong movie Mark :P

LOL love how Wade was "Mmmyeahkbai"

MapleNia
Talker
Talker

Post by MapleNia » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:32 am

Mark went for the Make-A-Wish yesterday and it's nice that he did so :) I hope that the girl had a good time and she's going to be okay !

I'm a little sad some people on instagram were not as happy and said she seemed fine or whatever (like she wasn't in terminal phase of a disease or something) but at least, most of the people that commented on the picture were very nice ! :tu:
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:24 am

Yeah I will be honest too she looked fine too but I don't know. Maybe she is in early stages. What did they do all day anyway o_O;

I have seen some people fake things, as well as others like on the art site deviantart. I remember one time someone said she had cancer and some people were suspicious and felt something was right. Turns out she was faking it. I am not saying the girl that as with mark is faking, but there are others so I can see how some people would be cautious.

MapleNia
Talker
Talker

Post by MapleNia » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:04 am

AquarianHorse wrote:Yeah I will be honest too she looked fine too but I don't know. Maybe she is in early stages. What did they do all day anyway o_O;

I have seen some people fake things, as well as others like on the art site deviantart. I remember one time someone said she had cancer and some people were suspicious and felt something was right. Turns out she was faking it. I am not saying the girl that as with mark is faking, but there are others so I can see how some people would be cautious.
She's getting robot limbs. I don't know how it's due, but if you're on Make-A-Wish, it's because you've been diagnosed and it's prooven that you have a life-threatening illness or a handicap (that's my guess anyways).

But I get what you mean. Sometimes, people just want to send a cry for attention and by "creating" (or faking) a story, they get some attention. That's why it's hard to believe stuff on the Internet... But, hey! With a little bit of research, you can get the truth! :P

MapleNia
Talker
Talker

Post by MapleNia » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:39 am

Actually ! He made a vlog about it :) you guys should check it!

Nyxx
Learner
Learner

Post by Nyxx » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:41 am

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:50 am

I'll admit that's actually funny!

lastroseofmay
Learner
Learner

Post by lastroseofmay » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:55 am

Well there goes the rest of the water in my bottle. I thought they were remaking viral video with the same title xD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:59 am

To those people I would say it's fairly safe to assume if Make-A-Wish is granting her wish, she's not faking it. Plus I get annoyed with people who complain when sick people don't "look sick enough" for the attention they're given, because that's being judgmental on a level I just can't understand.

The video is cute, though. She's a brave girl, and I'm glad he was able to grant her wish. :) I wish her the best during her transplant on Thursday. And for once you see a genuine hug from him, unlike the earlier cons that looked more like he was being tortured.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:09 pm

You do have a point and I agree with ya there Kei. You can still feel like crap or have something wrong with you but on the outside it's hard to tell and that's when it sucks when some people think that person isn't sick when they really are.

Heh I was looking at Ryan's twitter and saw this

"Ryan Magee ‏@elirymagee Nov 8

Just saw the most BEAUTIFUL dog. Half German Shepard half husky! It was a black and white German Shepard pretty much. AHHH!!!"

Is that the dog they're getting ya think? :O Sounds adorable!

MapleNia
Talker
Talker

Post by MapleNia » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:01 pm

kei wrote:To those people I would say it's fairly safe to assume if Make-A-Wish is granting her wish, she's not faking it. Plus I get annoyed with people who complain when sick people don't "look sick enough" for the attention they're given, because that's being judgmental on a level I just can't understand.

The video is cute, though. She's a brave girl, and I'm glad he was able to grant her wish. :) I wish her the best during her transplant on Thursday. And for once you see a genuine hug from him, unlike the earlier cons that looked more like he was being tortured.
You've putted my thoughts pretty well here, like always :tu: I liked the video and I really wish her the best for the transplant. She's a tough cookie :)
AquarianHorse wrote:You do have a point and I agree with ya there Kei. You can still feel like crap or have something wrong with you but on the outside it's hard to tell and that's when it sucks when some people think that person isn't sick when they really are.
Offtopic: One of the most problems with diabetes (I'm type 1 diabetic) and I hear a lot of : it's not so bad, you just don't eat sugar, you'll be fine/you're not that sick or anything. And I'm just like : :FU:

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Off topic: Heh yeah XD Reminds me of a Scrubs episode where one of the main characters tells the other main character to get a disease we can see. Ouch. Heh my dad and one uncle has diabetes. They do take pretty good care of themselves. Just have to be careful what to eat or take something to take if they eat something that would raise blood sugar like pasta.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:35 pm

The Make-A-Wish vlog had me smiling a lot! :) I hope Denell's transplant goes well! She's probably been through a lot already, and I really hope people stop being ignorant about whether she "looks" sick or not. :| Speaking of Make-A-Wish, I wonder when he'll have time to collab with the other fan he met, Patrick/Shodleech?

And @Nyxx, I don't know if it was from lack of sleep or what, but I found that video hilarious. :lol:

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:25 pm

That was a super cute vlog! Here's hoping her transplant goes well! :tu: :respekt:

I love how Mark seemed so fascinated with (I assume) Dennell's little sister. He really does have a soft spot for kids! :D

ZombieTown
Talker
Talker

Post by ZombieTown » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:09 pm

I haven't posted on this site in forever! But I've been lurking, just haven't had much to say until now

About Make-A-Wish: I had a couple of childhood friends (a brother and sister) that had a disease that had them wheelchair bound from an early age and they weren't expected to make it to puberty. At some point they both got their wishes granted (I forgot what the boy wanted, the girl got to meet a pop star she was in love with lol), at the time they weren't terminal and they both looked in good shape, but their future was very uncertain. Happy ending, though, as they both are still alive and well, both finished college and the girl got married a couple years ago!

So yeah, Make-A-Wish is legit, the video was adorable and Dennell is a funny, kick ass girl and I'll be sending positive vibes her way for her transplant! :tu:

professionallurker
Talker
Talker

Post by professionallurker » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Uh-oh. I wonder if Mark vetted the Hogwarts video he linked in his "Would You Rather" video. There's a racial slur in it and I can just see tumblr going crazy with it...

fishnchippychips
Learner
Learner

Post by fishnchippychips » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:42 am

professionallurker wrote:Uh-oh. I wonder if Mark vetted the Hogwarts video he linked in his "Would You Rather" video. There's a racial slur in it and I can just see tumblr going crazy with it...
I wanna say hopefully people won't kick up a fuss because it's a viral video from 3 years ago so there wouldn't be any point (and I don't think he would've watched it through to the end before he linked it anyway, just enough to remember what it was and link it), but yeah I'll be watching the tag on tumblr today because when have they ever left something alone :roll:

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:43 pm

They're like little kids, you tell them "NO PLEASE DON'T TOUCH THAT/THIS!" and they do it anyway heck even adults probably are like that, touch things they should know better not to touch.

Return to “Markiplier”