We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier - Part 5

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 5

Post by kei » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:44 pm

Thought I'd point out something interesting in the Akinator video. Others probably noticed already, but when he sees how many people picked him, he says "I've been played a lot!" Then he snorts and says under his breath "Tell me about it."

Now, I'm not about to go over-analyzing anything, it's just that certain actions or phrases stick out to me when I see people, things that give me a clue how they're feeling when they say/do it, and this kind of made me sit up straight and replay it to make sure I heard right. This was just a toss-off, something he probably said and immediately forgot, but it stuck out as one of those moments that hits you like "haha...oh shit, wait, that wasn't really a joke." He treated it like one, but that brief moment of truth kind of underlined the fact this year's been less than kind to him.

And before anyone asks, no I'm actually not referring to Jess. But his life in general seems to be filled with "when life gives you lemons and then hurls them at you until you bleed" moments. And judging from the way he clammed up and became much more reserved with people in the past 12-16 months, including his fans, other Youtubers, and industry-related professionals in general, I'd guess that the business of Youtube has opened his eyes to humanity's darker side. You know how people do that whole "<insert name> has changed" spiel periodically? I'd say that's true in this case, but as I outlined above, not for the reasons they may think at first.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:52 pm

kei wrote:Thought I'd point out something interesting in the Akinator video. Others probably noticed already, but when he sees how many people picked him, he says "I've been played a lot!" Then he snorts and says under his breath "Tell me about it."

Now, I'm not about to go over-analyzing anything, it's just that certain actions or phrases stick out to me when I see people, things that give me a clue how they're feeling when they say/do it, and this kind of made me sit up straight and replay it to make sure I heard right. This was just a toss-off, something he probably said and immediately forgot, but it stuck out as one of those moments that hits you like "haha...oh shit, wait, that wasn't really a joke." He treated it like one, but that brief moment of truth kind of underlined the fact this year's been less than kind to him.

And before anyone asks, no I'm actually not referring to Jess. But his life in general seems to be filled with "when life gives you lemons and then hurls them at you until you bleed" moments. And judging from the way he clammed up and became much more reserved with people in the past 12-16 months, including his fans, other Youtubers, and industry-related professionals in general, I'd guess that the business of Youtube has opened his eyes to humanity's darker side. You know how people do that whole "<insert name> has changed" spiel periodically? I'd say that's true in this case, but as I outlined above, not for the reasons they may think at first.
Yeah I did notice that little quick aside there. Of course my mind went straight to relationships. (not Jess specifically, but in general) But considering his past before Youtube and this year in general, things have been difficult for him and his loved ones. It's been tough on him and it's unfair that he's constantly getting pummeled by so many things, when all he wants to do is entertain, create, and raise money for good causes. It sucks.

Also noticed that he finally took down Cyndago from his Featured Channels list. (also Minx strangely enough)

And I guess he was too busy working/goofing around with Ryan and Matt that he didn't have time to get his dog.

Also he changed his background. I guess it's setup in the house now, so does that mean he won't be heading over to Grump Land as much? Wouldn't that be a twist if those passive-aggressive tweets were about the Grumps! :rofl:

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:23 am

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Also he changed his background. I guess it's setup in the house now, so does that mean he won't be heading over to Grump Land as much? Wouldn't that be a twist if those passive-aggressive tweets were about the Grumps! :rofl:
Aww, that would be kinda sad. I was under the impression that he'd do anything for Arin, but maybe something changed or maybe losing Daniel showed him who his real friends were. :| Who knows?

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:37 am

Kierans wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Also he changed his background. I guess it's setup in the house now, so does that mean he won't be heading over to Grump Land as much? Wouldn't that be a twist if those passive-aggressive tweets were about the Grumps! :rofl:
Aww, that would be kinda sad. I was under the impression that he'd do anything for Arin, but maybe something changed or maybe losing Daniel showed him who his real friends were. :| Who knows?
Well he ended up at the Grumps because he was undergoing a major upheaval in his life. I just assumed his home life has finally calmed down to a point where he doesn't feel like he'll have to leave again at a moment's notice. The house is fairly well hidden, and I would guess not easily reached by outsiders. If that wasn't true we'd have already heard rumblings of people stalking him again. That seems the most likely reason for moving the recording studio back home, IMO.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P

fishnchippychips
Learner
Learner

Post by fishnchippychips » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:47 am

kei wrote:
Kierans wrote:
Well he ended up at the Grumps because he was undergoing a major upheaval in his life. I just assumed his home life has finally calmed down to a point where he doesn't feel like he'll have to leave again at a moment's notice. The house is fairly well hidden, and I would guess not easily reached by outsiders. If that wasn't true we'd have already heard rumblings of people stalking him again. That seems the most likely reason for moving the recording studio back home, IMO.
Distance could also be a factor, maybe the house he's living in now is further from the Grumpspace than his last apartment and where he' been putting up with the drive before he finally feels settled enough to make an office for himself? Idk, I couldn't even decide if he had moved back to recording from home again or if he'd just applied different soundproofing to the wall behind him at the grumpspace haha

MapleNia
Talker
Talker

Post by MapleNia » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:33 am

fishnchippychips wrote:
kei wrote:
Kierans wrote:
Distance could also be a factor, maybe the house he's living in now is further from the Grumpspace than his last apartment and where he' been putting up with the drive before he finally feels settled enough to make an office for himself? Idk, I couldn't even decide if he had moved back to recording from home again or if he'd just applied different soundproofing to the wall behind him at the grumpspace haha
I remember that he was saying that the Internet connection wasn't the best also, at the grumpspace. I think he said that during a collab with Jack a few months back, not sure tho.
And like Kei said, with him moving a couple of times around and having an unstable situation with his life, he installed his computer at the grumpspace. Now, he has a house, less chance of having stalkers, etc. So having his computer and recording setup at home could be an advantage for him.
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

professionallurker
Talker
Talker

Post by professionallurker » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:10 am

I think it's better for his space to be at home. It will keep him from driving back and forth on little sleep and also will help on drinking play throughs.

professionallurker
Talker
Talker

Post by professionallurker » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:12 am

I don't think he had a falling out with the Grumps. I always thought there was an unspoken establishment that the Grump space was temporary until Mark had the space for his own recording area.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:42 am

Caught up on vids.

Hmmm Marks not a broby eh? Says the man that was caught watching MLP [emoji14] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z8himX0bYNg

Saw that thing about being had :( hopefully the next month and a half will be nice.

Lol at him not being on schedule [emoji14] my sleep schedule been off. sleeping more, yay feeling not up to stuff!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:45 am

*brony

gg! start working! i haaate texting!

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:48 am

Offtopic: I don't know where everyone here is located, but I know GG has European members. If any of you are near the crisis in Paris, I sincerely hope you're safe. <3

Slightly more on topic, poor Kids With Problems. They actually made a good point about the absurdity of the Starbucks cups scandal, but the timing will cause their less astute viewers to throw shade in their direction. Ryan already tweeted he's anticipating it.

On the actual topic, I'm glad Mark is giving KWP space to create their own sketches, while still popping in to do crazy shit with them in Vines and things. That gives all three of them room to grow and expand their talent individually while collaborating more easily at the same time.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:00 am

? What point? I'm confused. Are you talking about a sketch?

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:13 am

AquarianHorse wrote:? What point? I'm confused. Are you talking about a sketch?

They did a sketch about the Starbucks "controversy" surrounding the company's choice not to put any Christmas-related wording on their cups this year. That controversy apparently ruffled a lot of feathers for a group of people who felt Starbucks is pandering to those offended by Christmas, which in turn offended them. (Another reason I think Tumblr is just a symptom of a much larger issue at work, but I digress.) While each side of the issue is losing their fucking minds, the saner side of society pointed out the stupidity of fighting over a cup. Kids With Problems highlighted that issue in a darkly comedic way, making it look like Starbucks was putting the ISIS flag on the side of the cup. They even tried to get the hashtag #MerryChristmasISIS going on Twitter.

That was two days ago. Then yesterday happened, and Paris is in chaos as ISIS claims responsibility for the attack. Personally I thought the skit was brilliant for so perfectly pointing out just how stupid the controversy was in light of the struggles the rest of the world is facing, but no one could have foreseen what would happen less than a day after they uploaded the skit.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:15 am

AquarianHorse wrote:? What point? I'm confused. Are you talking about a sketch?

Kids With Problems did a sketch mocking the whole StarBucks Red Cup controversy going on. Ryan was only focused on the fact that the cup didn't say Merry Christmas, but Matt noticed that the flag for Isis was on the cup... Which with the issues going on in Paris right now, might get them under heavy fire...

Also the one sketch with Mark and Matt... That might also come under fire because of the racial controversies going on at the University of Missouri AND Yale.

... And I've also seen a few people on Tumblr complain about how he acted with Denell during his visit for Make A Wish, saying he was abusive towards her... I have no words for that...

Offtopic: I wish all who are currently being effected by the horrible events going on around the world right now, from Paris to Japan. Stay safe everyone.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:18 am

Also Mark just commented on the tragedy in France:
As an entertainer, it's sometimes difficult to know when I should speak out about certain events around the world. But what happened in France was a tragedy on a rare scale. I cannot recommend proper courses of action or even begin to understand the magnitude of how this affects the people of France, but I have fans and friends in that country. I simply hope that you are okay. And I hope that all of France stands strong in the face of fear.

professionallurker
Talker
Talker

Post by professionallurker » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:11 am

I just watched the mini-montage video. I really enjoyed it. Especially the last sketch where Ryan tells Mark he's really handsome. Mark's reply made me bust out laughing

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:13 am

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote: Also the one sketch with Mark and Matt... That might also come under fire because of the racial controversies going on at the University of Missouri AND Yale.

... And I've also seen a few people on Tumblr complain about how he acted with Denell during his visit for Make A Wish, saying he was abusive towards her... I have no words for that...

Offtopic: I wish all who are currently being effected by the horrible events going on around the world right now, from Paris to Japan. Stay safe everyone.
Wait, now I'm confused. What sketch did he do with Matt? The protein powder thing?

As for him being abusive... :roll: I'm done with them. He even checked with her at the end to make sure she was fine with being "harassed" like that. He made it a point to remind everyone he's kind of a dick around his friends, and doesn't patronize people by letting them win. If anything, he treated her more like he does his friends than I've ever seen him do with any other fan.

Also, he's playing it smart not saying anything inflammatory or using his celebrity status to sway people one way or the other.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:42 am

kei wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote: Also the one sketch with Mark and Matt... That might also come under fire because of the racial controversies going on at the University of Missouri AND Yale.

Wait, now I'm confused. What sketch did he do with Matt? The protein powder thing?

As for him being abusive... :roll: I'm done with them. He even checked with her at the end to make sure she was fine with being "harassed" like that. He made it a point to remind everyone he's kind of a dick around his friends, and doesn't patronize people by letting them win. If anything, he treated her more like he does his friends than I've ever seen him do with any other fan.

Also, he's playing it smart not saying anything inflammatory or using his celebrity status to sway people one way or the other.
... The sketch in the mini montage where Matt was dressed as a KKK member... I think that speaks for itself considering what's going on at Yale & the University of Missouri.

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:54 am

Oh, that explains it, I haven't watched the montage yet. :? I assumed it was all a compilation of things I'd already seen. Clearly that's not the case.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:27 am

Off Topic: Oh wow GG works again! Just wait it will crash again later >_>

Ugh Christians getting butt hurt over a cup is beyond stupid. It's RED. It's a color that associated with Christmas. Also, not everyone celebrates Christmas. Starbucks (YES I AM A HUGE FAN :D) had a contest to decorate your red cups :) That was really cool. :) How about we focus on BIGGER problems then a cup?! :roll: I thought the sketch was kind of funny but with the going to Starbucks asking for Christmas Isis thing, is a bit too far but whatever. You know how stupid some fans are... :roll:

University of MO and Yale have some beef with each other? D: Huh didn't know. I dont' really watch the news, tbh I only find out through people talking on Twitter, Facebook, through family. The news is depressing.

The whole Paris thing is pretty sad, and the earthquake in Japan. They even got a tsunami alert. (I found out those things on Twitter, then FB).

The sketch I don't get is the one of Mark and Matt screaming at something in the room? D: The other sketches were funny though :) Long as they don't get too get too obnoxious. :roll:

I do hope Mark knows that some people don't want to be "harassed" if they are his friends.

I wonder why Mark treated her like a friend and not other fans? Is it because he's with less people?

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:04 am

AquarianHorse wrote:Off Topic: Oh wow GG works again! Just wait it will crash again later >_>

Ugh Christians getting butt hurt over a cup is beyond stupid. It's RED. It's a color that associated with Christmas. Also, not everyone celebrates Christmas. Starbucks (YES I AM A HUGE FAN :D) had a contest to decorate your red cups :) That was really cool. :) How about we focus on BIGGER problems then a cup?! :roll: I thought the sketch was kind of funny but with the going to Starbucks asking for Christmas Isis thing, is a bit too far but whatever. You know how stupid some fans are... :roll:

University of MO and Yale have some beef with each other? D: Huh didn't know. I dont' really watch the news, tbh I only find out through people talking on Twitter, Facebook, through family. The news is depressing.

The whole Paris thing is pretty sad, and the earthquake in Japan. They even got a tsunami alert. (I found out those things on Twitter, then FB).

The sketch I don't get is the one of Mark and Matt screaming at something in the room? D: The other sketches were funny though :) Long as they don't get too get too obnoxious. :roll:

I do hope Mark knows that some people don't want to be "harassed" if they are his friends.

I wonder why Mark treated her like a friend and not other fans? Is it because he's with less people?
The whole thing with the University of Missouri and Yale are two separate instances, but are both fueled by acclaimed racist propaganda. Basically spoiled college kids are acting all upset over some supposed racist attacks against black students and are protesting, attacking reporters, refusing any actual evidence to be shown, demanding certain officials of the school be fired for not catering to student demands, and all while claiming victimhood and perpetuating segregation amongst whites and blacks. There are some students who are so "triggered" by these supposed racial attacks that there have been no substantial evidence of, that they are going on hunger strikes and unable to attend classes. :roll: This is the future of this world people, and it's only gonna get worse.

Anyway, back to Mark.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:35 am

Wow that's horrible. Those kids sounds like just want drama and their 15 minutes of fame. :roll:

So, is Mark ever going to get that dog? D: I am starting to doubt it, considering he's so busy all the time it won't be fair to the dog :/

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:37 am

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
AquarianHorse wrote:Off Topic: Oh wow GG works again! Just wait it will crash again later >_>

The whole thing with the University of Missouri and Yale are two separate instances, but are both fueled by acclaimed racist propaganda. Basically spoiled college kids are acting all upset over some supposed racist attacks against black students and are protesting, attacking reporters, refusing any actual evidence to be shown, demanding certain officials of the school be fired for not catering to student demands, and all while claiming victimhood and perpetuating segregation amongst whites and blacks. There are some students who are so "triggered" by these supposed racial attacks that there have been no substantial evidence of, that they are going on hunger strikes and unable to attend classes. :roll: This is the future of this world people, and it's only gonna get worse.

Anyway, back to Mark.
Damn world, stop the shit! Fly a kite! Build a house of cards! Write a sonnet!

The KKK sketch had me laughing!!!! That was the funniest and darkest thing these guys did! Naturally Dumblrtumblr won't understand the undertones and how comedy has been a means to address politics, and world situations. The sketches brought me joy in a dark time. Thanks Mark and Ryan and Matt for making us laugh. :love2: :respekt:

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:43 am

I know right? D: My grandma is butt hurt that I don't like to watch the news. If there is a next life, I don't want to be human. -_- Too many shit going on. I rather fly a kite, build a house of cards and write!

I know about KKK but I didn't know about the whole Universities thing, thank you M0nkees for explaining :)

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:10 am

AquarianHorse wrote:I know right? D: My grandma is butt hurt that I don't like to watch the news. If there is a next life, I don't want to be human. -_- Too many shit going on. I rather fly a kite, build a house of cards and write!

I know about KKK but I didn't know about the whole Universities thing, thank you M0nkees for explaining :)
Well, to stay updated on daily events around your area I recommend watching it :tu:
But too much shit does go on, I hope the guys use this as an outlet for comedy. I don't want them to focus on IS too much as it will make them targets but bring some light in guys.

Return to “Markiplier”