We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier - Part 5

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 5

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:17 am

*wakes up and checks youtube* Really Mark? Really? Playing that douche dumb ass game again?

fishnchippychips
Learner
Learner

Post by fishnchippychips » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:50 am

AquarianHorse wrote:*wakes up and checks youtube* Really Mark? Really? Playing that douche dumb ass game again?

I guess he doesn't want to commit to another long let's play yet so he's just playing these kind of games to give himself some time? Idk, he does seem to enjoy them in a weird way but I must admit they're definitely not my favourite :|

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:07 am

From what I can tell there aren't too many games out there at the moment, other than Fallout 4 and I think Lara Croft? Neither of those are games he would LP for Youtube though. Undertale requires patience, forethought and (in his case) consistent voice acting, and I think he's not in the frame of mind at the moment to actually sit down and do it while fending off the "you're doing it wrong" trolls. Not too many good indie games have come out recently either, if gamejolt and IndieDB's "Top Rated" sections are any indication. I guess that leaves silly one-offs like these for a while, mixed in with animated stuff or highlights. He said he enjoys them, so in a weird way I'm glad he found something to entertain himself, but I think his whole point was to find games that won't take up any time...which I think is why he got frustrated at the end when it ended up costing him more time than he'd planned.

He seems spread really thin at the moment, more since Matt and Ryan returned. Between the on-location shooting for Resident Enis recently, the mini-sketches he's worked on with KWP, the Make A Wish visit, and (I assume) the moving of his studio to his house, he hasn't had time for the things he's more known for. Hell, he was excited about that dog he was supposed to get last Thursday and he still doesn't have it, so that suggests to me a lot is going on behind the scenes right now. Not necessarily bad things, just things that are keeping him busier than usual.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:20 am

Well Random Encounters did say that one of the major reasons the FNAF Musical is taking so long was because mark's schedule has gotten super busy lately to the point where they can barely get a hold on him, even through phone calls or even knocking on his door.

Also if you noticed that he's been wearing the same blue shirt in all these recent videos. He recorded all these Flash games in one sitting. So likely he did that so he could stock-pile videos and work on something else like sketches and stuff. And his usual upload schedule has been all over the place, so that's a pretty good indication that he's busy.

And considering Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching, I hate to say it, but he may need to reconsider adopting a dog right now until his schedule is more balanced, because it wouldn't be fair to the dog if his/her daddy is never around for them.

ritzcrackerz
Talker
Talker

Post by ritzcrackerz » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:16 am

A friend and I were actually talking about his blue shirt last night. I don't think he did the flash games in one sitting because in yesterday's realm video, the date said he(his character) was killed on November 13. He filmed Would You Rather and Akinator before Friday. So either Mark really loves that shirt or hasn't had time to do laundry and just threw it on. I saw that he uploaded another Douche Bag game. Yea, I won't be watching that.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:37 am

ritzcrackerz wrote:A friend and I were actually talking about his blue shirt last night. I don't think he did the flash games in one sitting because in yesterday's realm video, the date said he(his character) was killed on November 13. He filmed Would You Rather and Akinator before Friday. So either Mark really loves that shirt or hasn't had time to do laundry and just threw it on. I saw that he uploaded another Douche Bag game. Yea, I won't be watching that.
Hmm... interesting... Maybe he had washed it some time in-between the last few recording sessions (it was stained with protein powder earlier) or he has multiples of the same shirt. Or maybe that's just one of his shirts he wears when he's feeling lazy and doesn't want to change. But good observation. :tu:

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:05 am

Yeah..hopefully he gets back on schedule. He doesn't seem to do long let's plays anymore. I've seen DLive, Wade, Jack play games that Mark could play if he wants to? Oh well. Whatever .

I know he's super busy but even after the holidays is he even really going to have time for a dog?

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:17 am

Yeah, I'm not watching the Douchebag video, either. Just hoping some good games get released soon. :| The last games I really loved watching from any Let's Player were Soma and Until Dawn. There are some little indie games I've seen on Steam that might make for good content, but finding and sorting through them probably takes time that Mark doesn't have at the moment.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:24 pm

I will admit I like the Would You Press this Button game, the Evie Bot game, 20 questions-ish like games, those are cool. It's kinda nice to see what Mark's answers are on those questions :P As for the last question in the last game he played, no I wouldn't press the button. I don't like Pokemon. I am not even into anime. like I said probably before on here XD Plus I love dogs, cats, horses, birds, rodents, some reptiles (Snakes are cool like the smaller ones XD),etc and other animals too damn much and my hours of watching Animal Planet and Discovery Channel would have been a waste of time! I don' care if I can cuddle with an Eevee and pretend it's a dog or ride off into the sunset on a Ponyta, just no. Plus I'd miss the old animals too much :/

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:04 pm

AquarianHorse wrote:I will admit I like the Would You Press this Button game, the Evie Bot game, 20 questions-ish like games, those are cool. It's kinda nice to see what Mark's answers are on those questions :P As for the last question in the last game he played, no I wouldn't press the button. I don't like Pokemon. I am not even into anime. like I said probably before on here XD Plus I love dogs, cats, horses, birds, rodents, some reptiles (Snakes are cool like the smaller ones XD),etc and other animals too damn much and my hours of watching Animal Planet and Discovery Channel would have been a waste of time! I don' care if I can cuddle with an Eevee and pretend it's a dog or ride off into the sunset on a Ponyta, just no. Plus I'd miss the old animals too much :/
Yeah I have to agree on that. I grew out of Pokemon a long time ago, so I could care less about having real life ones. Especially since many of them would irl be hazardous to people's health. Plus I love my cats and dogs way too much.

Anyway, what did everyone think of Mark's response to the one question where you were super cute, super talented, and super great in bed but are socially awkward? Not just the fact that he said that's his life, but that quip about how some fans think he's lying?

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:23 pm

I only liked Pokemon for a year. XD Someone did make a good point in the comments, we're animals too, we'd become Pokemon as well. Still that's a NO.

Re-watching the video now. Heh the 1000 spiders thing sounds like something they used in Fear Factor...*sigh* man I miss that show....yes I am a fan of that show.

Well he is an introvert in a sense, and some fans probably freak him out and make him uncomfortable and awkward. Plus I haven't noticed really tbh or pay attention but like you guys said he seems weird around women, which I can understand. Pfft, who says you're great in bed? :P I think fans think the fact Mark is socialable wanting to play games talking to a camera, go to conventions, etc. etc make them think OH he's social! LOL He seems fine with fans kissing him,getting hugs, etc. :roll: (Hey kids, it' means he's too nice and doesn't want you to get butt hurt, even though he should tell you NO).

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:29 pm

AquarianHorse wrote:I only liked Pokemon for a year. XD Someone did make a good point in the comments, we're animals too, we'd become Pokemon as well. Still that's a NO.

Re-watching the video now. Heh the 1000 spiders thing sounds like something they used in Fear Factor...*sigh* man I miss that show....yes I am a fan of that show.

Well he is an introvert in a sense, and some fans probably freak him out and make him uncomfortable and awkward. Plus I haven't noticed really tbh or pay attention but like you guys said he seems weird around women, which I can understand. Pfft, who says you're great in bed? :P I think fans think the fact Mark is socialable wanting to play games talking to a camera, go to conventions, etc. etc make them think OH he's social! LOL He seems fine with fans kissing him,getting hugs, etc. :roll: (Hey kids, it' means he's too nice and doesn't want you to get butt hurt, even though he should tell you NO).
Actually he seemed uncomfortable when he read the great in bed line. Just like he got uncomfortable in HuniePop when Beli asked him if he made eye contact while making love... or the sex scene with Aiko in general.

And yeah he really does seem pretty uncomfortable around women in general. Apart from Dodger and now Denell, but with her I think he was just putting up his usual front like he does with fans.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Yeah I can see him being uncomfortable I mean a lot of his fans are teens or pre teens for some reason. Probably cuz they think he's a hot OBJECT to look at. :roll:

Man he must had REALLY REALLY bad times with women he dated :/ I know they cheated and abused him yeah that is really bad already.

Nyxx
Learner
Learner

Post by Nyxx » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:11 pm

I don't know why, but I get the feeling he's a little uncomfortable about the topic of sex, even in real life.
just like my husband :D

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:27 am

Nyxx wrote:I don't know why, but I get the feeling he's a little uncomfortable about the topic of sex, even in real life.
just like my husband :D
Or at least sex pertaining to his love life. He has no problem making sexual jokes and innuendos other times. Hell look how many Drunk Minecraft episodes consist of him making a giant wool penis!

kei
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kei » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:26 am

Well, he's quite aware of his main demographic. 12-14 year old girls are watching whatever video he makes, even if it's mature. Especially if it's mature. Hell, they already feel at ease enough to tweet "Fuck me Daddy" at him constantly. :roll: Considering he kind of bragged about his prowess in an early Minecraft episode, I think he never quite expected things to turn out like they did.

What we're seeing now is Mark after all the accusations about being a rapist and/or pedophile, after the breakup (that he still doesn't really believe was public though it was) and the transmisogyny thing. Keep in mind this year has seen more apologies from him than the rest of his career on Youtube. He wants to make videos that make people laugh, but he's also incredibly aware of the far-reaching effect his sex-related jokes, even as an off-comment, can have. This kind of ties in to my other post on the relationship thread, how he's reining in certain facets of himself because he doesn't want or need to deal with the fallout. You can see there are things he wants to say sometimes but he knows the camera is on him, and so are the eyes of 10 million people. How many others are in that position on a gaming channel right now, other than Pewdiepie? And Felix already gave up on having any kind of control over the fanbase long ago, he just says whatever comes to mind because he doesn't take it seriously. Mark does. And I think that makes all the difference where his channel is concerned: Mark makes silly videos but he takes it seriously, which is why I'd say he's not pulling away so much as holding parts of himself back. IMO that's actually healthier than what he did earlier, when he pulled away entirely.
I've made a board you guys can go to whenever GG is down and you want to stay in touch with the Markiplier or Jacksepticeye community. Just don't expect anything fancy. :P
http://ggrefugees.forumotion.com/

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:34 am

kei wrote:Well, he's quite aware of his main demographic. 12-14 year old girls are watching whatever video he makes, even if it's mature. Especially if it's mature. Hell, they already feel at ease enough to tweet "Fuck me Daddy" at him constantly. :roll: Considering he kind of bragged about his prowess in an early Minecraft episode, I think he never quite expected things to turn out like they did.

What we're seeing now is Mark after all the accusations about being a rapist and/or pedophile, after the breakup (that he still doesn't really believe was public though it was) and the transmisogyny thing. Keep in mind this year has seen more apologies from him than the rest of his career on Youtube. He wants to make videos that make people laugh, but he's also incredibly aware of the far-reaching effect his sex-related jokes, even as an off-comment, can have. This kind of ties in to my other post on the relationship thread, how he's reining in certain facets of himself because he doesn't want or need to deal with the fallout. You can see there are things he wants to say sometimes but he knows the camera is on him, and so are the eyes of 10 million people. How many others are in that position on a gaming channel right now, other than Pewdiepie? And Felix already gave up on having any kind of control over the fanbase long ago, he just says whatever comes to mind because he doesn't take it seriously. Mark does. And I think that makes all the difference where his channel is concerned: Mark makes silly videos but he takes it seriously, which is why I'd say he's not pulling away so much as holding parts of himself back. IMO that's actually healthier than what he did earlier, when he pulled away entirely.
I guess but holding back aspects of himself can be unhealthy as well. Look at Salty Ken. He's been holding back stuff like his cursing or his reactions to horror games in order to fit in, and he was miserable because of it. I'd say it's better to be true to yourself and if others don't like it, fuck them... But Mark cares too much.

For a guy who likes to promote everyone to follow your dreams and be who you want to be without fear of ridicule, he sure likes to contradict himself when it comes to his own personal things.

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:51 am

Calling Mark daddy is like what Playboy Bunnies probably call Hugh Hefner...it's creepy and wrong, plus disrespectful but unlike Mark, Hugh probably doesn't give a shit.

Mark has EVERY right to tell fans to fuck off he doesn't like something. It will only make fans think they can get away from anything.. If someone called me mommy or mom or mother, I'd block them on any social media or call them out.

If a younger cousin of mine saw Mark and called him daddy, I'd call them out...or tell their parents. Because I'm mean :)

Oh yeah I saw a comment on one of Mark's vid and the person said to Mark if he feels too hot in the room take his top off for rest of the videos. :roll:

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:41 pm

Well Mark does another read your comments and talks about another trip to the hospital. :( Damn. I'm just glad he is okay and everything :)

2015! Can you not? Can you just stop for rest of this year?

lastroseofmay
Learner
Learner

Post by lastroseofmay » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:09 pm

AquarianHorse wrote:Well Mark does another read your comments and talks about another trip to the hospital. :( Damn. I'm just glad he is okay and everything :)

2015! Can you not? Can you just stop for rest of this year?
Hey life, can you ease up a bit?
Look at it this way:
The probability something bad will happen til' the end of the year is 1/45 now.

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:26 pm

I kinda feel bad that I laughed at Wade when he got annoyed with Mark's call. Poor Wade is always the butt of everyone's jokes! :rofl:

But hopefully the dog will be arriving on Thursday for real this time! I can't wait to see her! :tu: Though I do hope he has the time for her and has decided what to do with her for Thanksgiving and Christmas. He's been really hectic with his schedule lately and focusing mainly on highlight reels and Flash games. That's usually an indication that time is limited along with lack of good games on the market.

But yeah, Mark had to go to the hospital because he couldn't process alcohol properly and passed out and had a slight heart attack, so now he can't drink alcohol ever again. At least he doesn't seem upset about it. But again, that's another problem that he's had this year. When will it end?

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:35 pm

I lol'd hard at the Wade bit too XD I told Mark in the comments if he wanted to he can block his number so Wade won't know or he can steal Matt or Ryan's phone to call Wade ;) I think you can block your number by pressing star 69 or something (or is that to find out who called? XD )

Yeah I can't wait to see the dog! :D Maybe Mark will drive to OH for Thanksgiving and Christmas instead of flying? Who knows :P (Does he ever drive instead of flying long distances..eh car rides can be fun, especially long trips..sometimes).

Yeah I"m actually really sad to hear Mark had to go to the hosp. but I am glad he is okay now :) I wanted to give Mark an internet hug(Not a creepy hug like some fans, just a hug to say sorry for the crap this year put ya through).

2015 just HAD to squeeze in one more crap..but hey we got a month and a half. >__> Hopefully 2016 will be nice.

MapleNia
Talker
Talker

Post by MapleNia » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:41 pm

I saw the new RYC and despite the hospital trip story, it was good! We get to know how Mark is about porn (he says he doesn't watch it, in which I'll say I'll believe him) which can give some insight on how he is about sex subject. I'm not going to go into details and analyze the shit out of him, but I guess he's not as perverted/masochism(?) despite the sex jokes and some pain kink that we might have believed. I can see him more of a sweet, caring and loving person despite his posture and things like that (I mean, I know I am sweet and caring, but I appear like a cold hearted b**** :roll: ) And for the puppy, it's going to be thursday: can't wait to see those pics! I laughed a lot at his goofiness and weirdness during this video. I really like his RYC serie.

For the hospital trip, it is sad that it happened. The fact that he drank a few beers each night for a while and that he fainted... I mean, it sucks that it happened, but in the same time, it's always a nice time to realize it? I don't know how to explain it, but I realized that alcohol was dangerous because of my diabetes and it made me go to the hospital once (I kept vomitting and was continuously super low sugar): that trip made me realize that, hey, I can't drink alcohol (not as much, maybe once or twice a month) because it can distabilize(is it a word?) my blood sugar. I see he is doing well right now and that's what is important. Luckly, he was with friends when it happened and is heart is fine now. And I mean, as much as drunk Mark was funny to watch, he is as much entertaining to watch being himself (goof, sweet-I think he can be sweet,shush- weird, etc) and I'm certain that he has a lot of fun being sober. I mean, have you look at this guy?! He doesn't need alcohol or drugs to be weird: he is weird enough as it is :rofl:

Hopefully that nothing will happen to him again, though... 2015, Mark had enough of your bullshit.
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

M0nkeeButt2590
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:53 pm

MapleNia wrote:I saw the new RYC and despite the hospital trip story, it was good! We get to know how Mark is about porn (he says he doesn't watch it, in which I'll say I'll believe him) which can give some insight on how he is about sex subject. I'm not going to go into details and analyze the shit out of him, but I guess he's not as perverted/masochism(?) despite the sex jokes and some pain kink that we might have believed. I can see him more of a sweet, caring and loving person despite his posture and things like that (I mean, I know I am sweet and caring, but I appear like a cold hearted b**** :roll: ) And for the puppy, it's going to be thursday: can't wait to see those pics! I laughed a lot at his goofiness and weirdness during this video. I really like his RYC serie.

For the hospital trip, it is sad that it happened. The fact that he drank a few beers each night for a while and that he fainted... I mean, it sucks that it happened, but in the same time, it's always a nice time to realize it? I don't know how to explain it, but I realized that alcohol was dangerous because of my diabetes and it made me go to the hospital once (I kept vomitting and was continuously super low sugar): that trip made me realize that, hey, I can't drink alcohol (not as much, maybe once or twice a month) because it can distabilize(is it a word?) my blood sugar. I see he is doing well right now and that's what is important. Luckly, he was with friends when it happened and is heart is fine now. And I mean, as much as drunk Mark was funny to watch, he is as much entertaining to watch being himself (goof, sweet-I think he can be sweet,shush- weird, etc) and I'm certain that he has a lot of fun being sober. I mean, have you look at this guy?! He doesn't need alcohol or drugs to be weird: he is weird enough as it is :rofl:

Hopefully that nothing will happen to him again, though... 2015, Mark had enough of your bullshit.
Oh yeah, I got so wrapped up in the alcohol story and the silliness with Wade I forgot he said he doesn't watch porn. :rofl:

That kinda explains then his reactions to Huniepop or other sex-driven questions in some games. Guess he's not as much of a horn-dog as we thought. I'm sure he masturbates on occasion like most healthy adults, and I'm sure he enjoys sex when he gets it, (he ain't a virgin anyway :rofl: ) but it's an interesting thing to hear it straight up like that.

... Still makes me wonder what word got bleeped out in the 7 Second Challenge video with Cyndago. 8-)

Also been seeing a lot of people upset Drunk Minecraft is gone now. I'm just glad Mark's okay. Shouldn't his health be more important to his fans than a bunch of silly little videos?

AquarianHorse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Oh I suppose I will believe you Mark for the porn thing :P So I guess he doesn't use RedTube? :P Like we thought in that one Cyndago video.. Funny considering he's bit of a perv and accusing of us having our heads in the gutter but hey I'm a perv too but I don't watch porn either. Quite frankly I don't like even kissing scenes too much. Maybe I'm just bitter because I never had love in my life. Hard to be a romantic.

I love his goofyness :D I love his laugh too and I can see him be a sweet guy :) It's okay MapleNia, I'm nice too but I am sure people think I can be a bitch too sometime. :P Plus, I would love to call some fans out but I hold it in because I don't want my ass handed to me even though I want to do it to defend Mark because he deserves respect. I wouldn't be shocked if they called me a bitch for reading what pisses me off about them on here when they act disgusting towards Mark XD

Oh I didn't know you can't have alcohol too much with diabetes :O Sorry to hear that you have it :( My dad and one uncle has it. My grandma had it but I think what they call old age diabetes I guess. My uncle has it a bit harder than my dad tho. I do know wine has tons of sugar, I don't drink beer so I am not sure. I hate straight alcohol :P I loved watching 5 Nights at F**kboys even though I couldn't get into the game but man Mark made some cool conversations while drunk. I can't drink too much myself either in a period of time. I'm bit of a light weight.

It's coffee that Mark drinks! That's it! :D Unless caffeine doesn't do anything :P Caffeine doens't do anything to me anymore :( Maybe I drank too much coffee the past several years? I'm glad Mark can have fun being sober too :D

Heh it be cool to see Mark write a book or whatever :) Won't be for awhile though. In a way, I feel like we know Mark fairly well, even though he knows nothing about us :O

Return to “Markiplier”