We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier

MissPanda
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Markiplier

Post by MissPanda » Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Can we get some Markiplier love up in here? I seriously can't get enough of the guy.

whatsername_
TROLL
TROLL

Re: Markiplier

Post by whatsername_ » Tue May 14, 2013 4:14 am

Lovelovelove his voice! <3

Slagg
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Slagg » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:36 am

TEARRIPPER 5000.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NtkklJ05II[/youtube]
Skip to 45:00 for some heavy duty, military-style feels!
I WISH YOU WOULD, bitch nozzle.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:09 am

Sad this forum only has 3 posts. Haha.
I've never had a crush on him or anything but last night I had a dream he was my boyfriend and he put his arm around my waist and now I don't think I can watch another video without swooning. :love2:
Vagina.

Slagg
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Slagg » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:20 am

0222 wrote:Sad this forum only has 3 posts. Haha.
I've never had a crush on him or anything but last night I had a dream he was my boyfriend and he put his arm around my waist and now I don't think I can watch another video without swooning. :love2:

Sexiplier dream-ception!!

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:14 am

^Haha. I've since watched a video of his and my crush evaporated. :(
Vagina.

Slagg
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Slagg » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:26 pm

0222 wrote:^Haha. I've since watched a video of his and my crush evaporated. :(

Oooh, which one?

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:12 am

It was "The Screecher". It wasn't anything he said or did that made it go away. It just wasn't there anymore. :HK:
Vagina.

Slagg
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Slagg » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:48 pm

0222 wrote:It was "The Screecher". It wasn't anything he said or did that made it go away. It just wasn't there anymore. :HK:

Aaaahhh! Lust is a finicky foe/friend/sandwich! I say be glad it's gone. Not much else is as uniquely gutting & obsessive as a celebrity crush (Even though Mark technically isn't a celebrity, but you understand).

mimpur838
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mimpur838 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:46 pm

Okay, I can't help but rain on your guys' parade, but I've personally lost a lot of respect for the guy. First off, he majored in biomedical engineering, decided he didn't want to do that but lay around and make videos all day long. Then, after repeatedly saying "GET MORE SUBSCRIBERS FOR ME" he gets enough of a salary from YT to move to LA and do nothing but post videos all day long.

First off, why in the hell would anyone who majored in something so technical as biomedical engineering not go after that career path and instead unwisely choose to make videos all day long of him screaming at scary video games? That shouts LAZY and unmotivated to do anything. That seems like a total waste of schooling from my perspective.

And yea, now he has over 2 million subscribers, what does that gain him in the long run? Any actual benefits? Yea, none that an actual employer would give. I used to watch his videos and feel a real 'connection' with him because he let his heart out on his sleeve and actually TALKED to the camera letting his fans know the real HIM. Now, I see an actor who just wants money, and doesn't want to face the harsh realities that is life in getting a salary and being a grown up.

Seriously, I used to like the guy, I really did. Not only was he funny but he hosted charities and that says a lot about someone . But now he's just completely fake. I've lost so much respect for him. Even if he has been through some 'tough times' in his life, guess what we all have as well. He should either go back to school and get a degree in something that actually suits him or get a real job. The YT business is not something to commit to.

mameha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mameha » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:35 am

mimpur838 wrote:First off, why in the hell would anyone who majored in something so technical as biomedical engineering not go after that career path and instead unwisely choose to make videos all day long of him screaming at scary video games? That shouts LAZY and unmotivated to do anything. That seems like a total waste of schooling from my perspective.

People in school usually have a romanticized idea of what their career will entail. They have this idea that their work will be enriching and intellectually stimulating.

Then reality hits and they're doing mindless drudge work under mass amounts of stress. Take med school for example. Students dream of helping patients and having rainbows and praise rain down on them. When really patient interaction can come with a lot of abuse (from the patients themselves and their families). That glow wears off quickly.

It is a waste of schooling...but it's a sad reality that hits too late.

Bitchin
Talker
Talker

Post by Bitchin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Try to look at this from another perspective: he could have continued his education, graduate, manage to get a career in biomedical engineering and absolutely hate his job, but hey, at least he's contributing to society! OR he could work on his channel, which I assume he enjoys doing, and make money out of it! Pewdiepie majored in engineering and disliked it, he dropped out of school and now he's making easy money and loves his job! To me, whatever brings you happiness in the moment, is time well spent. He could always go back to university when making youtube videos no longer serve him.

Kynesgrove89
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Kynesgrove89 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:20 am

I agree. He was going through some major issues while in college. His dad dying being one. He said he had no passion for what he was studying anymore. He can always go back. I believe it's never too late to continue one's education. Some of the people in my classes are middle aged. Life happens.

Idk. He is actually really nice and cares about his fans. I've never seen him be rude or obnoxious to anyone. That and he does a TON of charities and donates a significant portion of his income to help. That last livestream he did he donated over 30,000 to one small charity in Cincinnati on top of what fans that bought shirts donated.

Slagg
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Slagg » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:21 pm

mimpur838 wrote:Okay, I can't help but rain on your guys' parade, but I've personally lost a lot of respect for the guy. First off, he majored in biomedical engineering, decided he didn't want to do that but lay around and make videos all day long. Then, after repeatedly saying "GET MORE SUBSCRIBERS FOR ME" he gets enough of a salary from YT to move to LA and do nothing but post videos all day long.

First off, why in the hell would anyone who majored in something so technical as biomedical engineering not go after that career path and instead unwisely choose to make videos all day long of him screaming at scary video games? That shouts LAZY and unmotivated to do anything. That seems like a total waste of schooling from my perspective.

And yea, now he has over 2 million subscribers, what does that gain him in the long run? Any actual benefits? Yea, none that an actual employer would give. I used to watch his videos and feel a real 'connection' with him because he let his heart out on his sleeve and actually TALKED to the camera letting his fans know the real HIM. Now, I see an actor who just wants money, and doesn't want to face the harsh realities that is life in getting a salary and being a grown up.

Seriously, I used to like the guy, I really did. Not only was he funny but he hosted charities and that says a lot about someone . But now he's just completely fake. I've lost so much respect for him. Even if he has been through some 'tough times' in his life, guess what we all have as well. He should either go back to school and get a degree in something that actually suits him or get a real job. The YT business is not something to commit to.

Why u hatin?¿?

D-A-V-I-D
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by D-A-V-I-D » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:08 pm

mimpur838 wrote:Okay, I can't help but rain on your guys' parade, but I've personally lost a lot of respect for the guy. First off, he majored in biomedical engineering, decided he didn't want to do that but lay around and make videos all day long. Then, after repeatedly saying "GET MORE SUBSCRIBERS FOR ME" he gets enough of a salary from YT to move to LA and do nothing but post videos all day long.

In light of your post, allow me some questions...

What is so disrespectful about doing something you love? Especially if you're good at it, and it brings joy and entertainment to millions of people. For example, do you remember Markiplier Highlights #6 from last month? No? Well I do, along with nearly 5 million other people. (4,996,850 views, and counting, as of this moment.) There are TV shows on major networks that would kill for those numbers in his younger demographic, but you, sitting at home watching, call it all a colossal waste. Has it occurred to you that because of Mark's efforts on YouTube he's able to reach more people in one day than you, me and your gran combined will ever meet in our entire lifetime?

Please consider how illogical it is to respect Mark less for making gaming videos than for others to respect you less for watching them.

msac918
Talker
Talker

Post by msac918 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:16 am

As long as Mark doesn't regret his choice, that's all that matters really. They say adults tend to change their careers several times in their lives. So the YT thing may go on for a couple of more years and then he might return to school to finish what he started. Then again YT may bring something else of interest to his plate and he'll go for that instead. We all have this one life to live, we should live it as happily as we can. If video games is his passion, more power to him. What one person sees as a waste another person sees as an opportunity. Passions change. It's just a part of life.

mameha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mameha » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:17 am

I take back what I said above about a waste of schooling. I guess I meant it in the sense of he's not actively applying it to a career. But I admire him for pursuing a fulfilling path as opposed to a safe one.

No education is a waste because no one can take it away from you.

There's a comic out there about a guy that does everything the 'right' way - goes to college for a safe degree, gets a safe (dull) job, takes a minimum of safe vacation days....lives a perfectly boring life and then he dies. That's not for everyone.

gblzsk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gblzsk » Mon May 19, 2014 10:25 pm

I've been watching Mark since before he had 500,000 subscribers and I have to (and hate to) say that I've noticed an overall change in his personality and his videos. When you look at his older videos, he didn't go about screaming and all that at every little thing. Sure, he would get startled and yell, but not every few minutes. Now it seems he's adopted this over the top persona akin to Pewdiepie that is just starting to irk me. I mean, clearly it's working for him because he hit 2,000,000 subscribers, but it just seems like he's doing this because he knows he will gain followers.

Slagg
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Slagg » Tue May 20, 2014 12:16 am

gblzsk wrote:I've been watching Mark since before he had 500,000 subscribers and I have to (and hate to) say that I've noticed an overall change in his personality and his videos. When you look at his older videos, he didn't go about screaming and all that at every little thing. Sure, he would get startled and yell, but not every few minutes. Now it seems he's adopted this over the top persona akin to Pewdiepie that is just starting to irk me. I mean, clearly it's working for him because he hit 2,000,000 subscribers, but it just seems like he's doing this because he knows he will gain followers.

I think Mark is still coming out of his shell. He's stated that he's always been crazy around his friends/closer acquaintances, but was quite reserved elsewhere. Being in front of the camera all day, speaking through stream of consiousness woud rip the mask off of the Phantom of the Opera.

I understand that screaming is/can obnoxious, and that PEWDIEPIE DOES IT TOO, so it's a sin„ but Mark has proven time and time again that he does YouTube because he truly wants to, for his true fanbase, and-- most importantly-- to help this world to the best of his ability. Cut him a teensy-weensy break, if you will.

gblzsk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gblzsk » Tue May 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Slagg wrote:
gblzsk wrote:I've been watching Mark since before he had 500,000 subscribers and I have to (and hate to) say that I've noticed an overall change in his personality and his videos. When you look at his older videos, he didn't go about screaming and all that at every little thing. Sure, he would get startled and yell, but not every few minutes. Now it seems he's adopted this over the top persona akin to Pewdiepie that is just starting to irk me. I mean, clearly it's working for him because he hit 2,000,000 subscribers, but it just seems like he's doing this because he knows he will gain followers.

I think Mark is still coming out of his shell. He's stated that he's always been crazy around his friends/closer acquaintances, but was quite reserved elsewhere. Being in front of the camera all day, speaking through stream of consiousness woud rip the mask off of the Phantom of the Opera.

I understand that screaming is/can obnoxious, and that PEWDIEPIE DOES IT TOO, so it's a sin„ but Mark has proven time and time again that he does YouTube because he truly wants to, for his true fanbase, and-- most importantly-- to help this world to the best of his ability. Cut him a teensy-weensy break, if you will.

Um, I'm not saying that Mark can't do what Pewdiepie can because that argument is pointless and played out. I am saying that I personally find the over the top reactions to be annoying.

I'm also very impressed by what he does with charities and how he still stays connected to his fans - that's the reason I subscribed to him in the first place. I suppose it could be Mark further coming out of his shell, but I'm hoping he finds the balance between the personality he shows in his old videos and his personality in his new.

Slagg
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Slagg » Tue May 20, 2014 10:48 pm

gblzsk wrote:
Slagg wrote:

Um, I'm not saying that Mark can't do what Pewdiepie can because that argument is pointless and played out. I am saying that I personally find the over the top reactions to be annoying.

I'm also very impressed by what he does with charities and how he still stays connected to his fans - that's the reason I subscribed to him in the first place. I suppose it could be Mark further coming out of his shell, but I'm hoping he finds the balance between the personality he shows in his old videos and his personality in his new.

Fair enough; but the over-the-top is what Mark truly is. As you just stated, he's still an excellent human being, so I personally don't mind his brutish yelling. Gotta take the good with the bad on this one.

Remember, also: When Mark first started out, he was miserable. He wasn't quiet because he wanted to be, or because it as natural per se, he was quiet because he wasn't sure of what he was doing. His new confidence enthralls me, personally, so if he feels the need to screech every video, I say go hard.

phoeblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by phoeblue » Fri May 23, 2014 11:39 pm

I really like Mark. Honestly though I much prefer his talking to the camera videos than the actual gameplay ones. He comes across as so genuine and lovely that you really don't see too often on youtube. I hope that doesn't change seeing how he's getting crazy popular now.

Nazgull123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nazgull123 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:41 pm

He rubs off on me as a pretty intelligent guy. I just hate when they put on whiny voices/characters when playing through some games. It's annoying people... i know it's tempting to do it but I prefer if you just acted as yourself.
ImageImage
"I'm not carefree, I'm pissed" - Alli Speed 2014

phoeblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by phoeblue » Tue May 27, 2014 2:07 am

So his new sketch, "how to get famous on youtube" is literally disgusting. I'm actually really surprised he put this up on his channel considering his fanbase is mostly young teens and the like. My mind is actually blown after watching it.

Arya
Learner
Learner

Markiplier

Post by Arya » Tue May 27, 2014 4:19 am

Edit: should have finished reading the thread before posting, apparently my opinion is going to be ripped apart so I removed my post.

Return to “Markiplier”