We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:09 am

To anyone reading this, whether you're against 'Mark, a fan or a friend of his understand this:

This is a gossip site. In this forum a lot of what is said is pure speculation and opinions on true facts. If you're going to use all that is said here as evidence Mark is a horrible person, then sit down and understand youre using blanks to fire.

Mark is t a bad guy at all and is pretty kind and nice. People who know him personally have said Mark Fischbach, as himself is a really kind and easy going guy. he's stated he's aware he has a growing ego due to this fame and through implications and observations he's trying not to let it take over.

After all the drama that constantly surrounds him, Mark is growin more detested over tumblr. Whenever he mentions the site it's with hints of disgust and him rather chewing rocks than to be there. He's sick of being accused of so much because of gossip or shit starters.
In his "Priority One" post, he's implying he's sick of bullshit and people jumping on bandwagons on topics they don't fully understand. He wasn't telling those trans women they don't know what transmisogymy is but their fake allies and radical sjws who he's been at it for years with. He's done apologizing, and justifying things everytime someone on tumblr gets weepy.

Put yourself in his shoes: if drama surrounded yor daily life all the time, people asking you to apologize for everything and you trying to show you've grown as a person but no one listens, would you not be frustrated?

There is no rule book or guide on handling drama as a celeb.

A thing I noticed is that Mark shuts down in drama. Perhaps his own defense mech. Against drama. He feels if he doesn't say anything the fire won't be fueled.

In a nutshell: Mark is sick of bullshit in the tumblr community and people being quick to accuse him of things without fully understanding the issue.

And yes he can tell his fans to stop but there are some persistent fucks out there who don't listen to him anyways.
Image

User avatar
FatPrincess
Talker
Talker
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:15 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by FatPrincess » Mon May 18, 2015 5:26 pm

ely wrote:@Everyone:
It seems like Mark went to the animal shelter and movie theatre with his friends yesterday. Not much to say over at that end because I could care less over the pet he'll choose. I find more interesting that his percentage of subscriptions has dropped by a 40% this month on the Youtube charts. What do you guys believe might be the cause of his drop? I think it is a mix of multiple issues like the comments he made towards the trans community and his lack of entertaining content as of late. I admit that I haven't watched any of his videos in over two months because none of them appeal to me. I only watch his videos whenever his tumblr, twitter, or reddit tag explode which hasn't happened at all recently for me. He's a little boring to watch now which disappoints me a bit. :| I used to waste time watching his videos.


elaidara wrote:That's actually a really good theory. He's the "FNAF guy" and now that he finished the series so far I think a lot of his more recent subscribers have no reason to stay. Mark's always been good at racking up the numbers; his 8mil milestone might take longer to reach than he expected if this trend continues.

His videos are getting boring, though. I've been skipping over a lot of his content lately.


There has been a dip in subs, but he's still on track to hit 8 million in early June.
The dip may not be related to drama, but rather the month itself. May is finals, graduation, and the start of summer weather for many. I've heard other Youtubers say December & January are their best months (paycheck wise).
Last edited by FatPrincess on Mon May 18, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
FatPrincess
Talker
Talker
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:15 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by FatPrincess » Mon May 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Ely wrote:@Everyone:
It seems like Mark went to the animal shelter and movie theatre with his friends yesterday. Not much to say over at that end because I could care less over the pet he'll choose. I find more interesting that his percentage of subscriptions has dropped by a 40% this month on the Youtube charts. What do you guys believe might be the cause of his drop? I think it is a mix of multiple issues like the comments he made towards the trans community and his lack of entertaining content as of late. I admit that I haven't watched any of his videos in over two months because none of them appeal to me. I only watch his videos whenever his tumblr, twitter, or reddit tag explode which hasn't happened at all recently for me. He's a little boring to watch now which disappoints me a bit. :| I used to waste time watching his videos.


elaidara wrote:That's actually a really good theory. He's the "FNAF guy" and now that he finished the series so far I think a lot of his more recent subscribers have no reason to stay. Mark's always been good at racking up the numbers; his 8mil milestone might take longer to reach than he expected if this trend continues.

His videos are getting boring, though. I've been skipping over a lot of his content lately.


There has been a dip in subs, but he's still on track to hit 8 million in early June.
The dip may not be related to drama, but rather the month itself. May is finals, graduation, and the start of summer weather for many. I've heard other Youtubers say December & January are their best months (paycheck wise).[/quote]
Image

personthepanda
Learner
Learner
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:48 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by personthepanda » Mon May 18, 2015 8:42 pm

I know I haven't been able to watch his videos for the past couple of weeks because of college finals and moving back home for the summer.

I feel like at this point in his channel, he's coming to a wall by which I mean he needs to find something new. Whether it be different types of games or more vlogs, I feel like I'm just becoming bored with the content which makes me kind of sad :/

In regards to tumblr, it's actually starting to really get on my nerves. I enjoy looking through some fandom tags for interesting posts or art etc...but lately I feel like everyone is just waiting for someone to say something that could be slightly misconstrued and twisted into something awful. Tumblr has unfortunately become too social justice for me (at least my dashboard is....) and while I believe in social justice as much as the next person, it's just consumed what used to be a light-hearted and funny website.

Also in lieu of the sass that's been happening here, I feel the purpose of a forum is to discuss thoughts about a topic, and sometimes you might think of something new which pertains to an older topic and so you post your thoughts. Anyways.

The whole "notice me senpai" shit on twitter makes me cringe. I personally don't understand why people will reply and comment on every single post that someone tweets. It's like major second hand embarrassment for me lol! Sometimes I'll retweet Mark's tweets depending on what they are about, but that's it.

Sorry for the long post haha it's been a while since I've said something substantial [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

User avatar
shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by shyguyflys » Tue May 19, 2015 6:48 am

Many of the Let's Players have been seeing a decrease in the rate that they gain subscribers. (DudePerfect and other YouTubers being promoted by YouTube have seen a huge increase in their rate of subscribers, no surprise. However, from when I last checked, it look like Jack has went up a little in the rate of subs he gains in a day, so I wouldn't count him in with the LPers who have seen a decrease.) Pewds has not taken a hit like the other LPers, but he did see a small drop. Mark, though, it's been a dramatic drop in the rate of subs he gains a day. That's why this has my attention; the others LPers, as it looks, do not have the sharp decrease that Mark has. Because of that, I would say that there is more to it than May being a slow month. I'll change my mind of that if I see his increase come back next month. I know Mark doesn't do what he does for subs, but when it's this sharp of a decrease, it may be indicating something important. I didn't say it must be. I'm just saying it's something that should be kept in mind and looked into. Call it my teacher side of me speaking, but this is a way that YouTubers can get valuable feedback, that is if they look into it.
Image

User avatar
Ely
Learner
Learner
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by Ely » Tue May 19, 2015 5:52 pm

@skettyburnochurno:
Funny you say that because I just finished watching his new Amnesia playthrough, and I loved it. I highly recommend it to you and everyone to watch. It was really a fun watch; although it was sadly short. :(

@elaidara:
That could be a good theory, actually. I do admit that I found Mark due to his first FNAF playthrough which was a lot of fun to watch and is worth rewatching. Too bad the magic died out by the third installment and I do fear his playthrough for the final one which should arrive by the end of summer (only if Scott doesn't get too excited and released the game early as usual). :roll:

Even so, I have a feeling another reason could be that most are suffering from a youtube video burn as well. I know I am burned out by him right now.

@Gorillaz1236:
You can definitely tell that Mark is growing tired of the constant attacks or attempts from the radical SJW that do not like him nor have ever liked him. However, there is one point I will disagree with you on -- Mark did add more gas to the fire during the trans issue. If he was aiming his anger against the SJW, then he should have done so in a better way because his actions and words did hurt his trans community a great deal. Whenever it comes to people's feelings, I do not agree in choosing the action that will cause harm to those who were innocent from this misfire. I understand that he is a flawed human being like the rest of us, who was placed in a position he never asked for, but even he needs to learn to be more cautious over scenarios like these and pick his battles better especially if he wishes to keep his career as an entertainer for a long time. In this case, I won't suggest what he should or shouldn't do other than to be more mindful next time.

Unfortunately, most people do suffer from the syndrome known as a "content burn" or growing tired of the same reactions or commentary. I like to believe his lack of interesting content is more due to lack of interesting games to play. The flash games were entertaining to watch, at first, but now they're just boring to watch especially games I have played on my own before. I definitely believe once he returns to long playthroughs, then he'll be more entertaining again.

This board is definitely not a hate one nor is it filled with 100% truth as this is a space to discuss all types of rumors and gossip. You're correct to say and remind other people as such; however, my only suggestion is to refrain from calling fans from other social mediums names as it doesn't help our appearance in the least bit. We need to be mindful of our positions especially when people refer to us as "haters" or "anti-fans".

@FatPrincess:
Oh, really? I didn't know this. Thank you for telling me this! Now I'm curious to see his numbers for next month. We should definitely watch his numbers next month, then discuss further the idea.

@personthepanda:
I feel you're right concerning his content because he is getting dull to watch. Well, at least, I find his new Amnesia playthrough worth taking a look though. It's the first video of his that I have watched in the past two months. I recommend it!

I like to believe most sites have these issues though. The loudest and more agressive group are usually the ones that turn sites the way they do, but luckily I only use tumblr for fanart just like you. I think if you ignore the extreme SJW, then you should be fine. I, at least, do this.

Unfortunately, I don't believe forums are used in such a way due to all posts and information are saved in the previous pages unlike a chat, where information disappear as time goes on. This thread has been 98% all about Mark's love life which is...boring to keep kicking the dead and decaying horse so much especially concerning the toxic levels concerning it which I do not wish to taint my hands with further. There is hardly any other juicy topic to discuss here. Of course, I wouldn't mind it if this thread was known as "Markiplier's love life" or "Believe it or not: Markiplier has a love life". If this topic had such a name I wouldn't be here, truth be told. I really want to avoid that subject as I feel extremely uncomfortable talking about it.

Fans get over-excited at the chance to communicate with their idol, but once they cross lines by disrespecting other people over it and the person-in-question, then we definitely have an issue about that.

@shyguysfly:
Good to know that Jack is doing well this month! :tu: I do genuinely like and respect him; although I don't watch all of his content.

Hmmm. Well, I believe you as an educator. You guys are trained to be highly skilled in observations. The optimist in me hopes he is only suffering a bad month due to school. We'll have to keep an eye on those numbers for next month especially when we officially begin our summer months.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:51 pm

Ely wrote:@skettyburnochurno:
Funny you say that because I just finished watching his new Amnesia playthrough, and I loved it. I highly recommend it to you and everyone to watch. It was really a fun watch; although it was sadly short. :(

@elaidara:
That could be a good theory, actually. I do admit that I found Mark due to his first FNAF playthrough which was a lot of fun to watch and is worth rewatching. Too bad the magic died out by the third installment and I do fear his playthrough for the final one which should arrive by the end of summer (only if Scott doesn't get too excited and released the game early as usual). :roll:

Even so, I have a feeling another reason could be that most are suffering from a youtube video burn as well. I know I am burned out by him right now.

@Gorillaz1236:
You can definitely tell that Mark is growing tired of the constant attacks or attempts from the radical SJW that do not like him nor have ever liked him. However, there is one point I will disagree with you on -- Mark did add more gas to the fire during the trans issue. If he was aiming his anger against the SJW, then he should have done so in a better way because his actions and words did hurt his trans community a great deal. Whenever it comes to people's feelings, I do not agree in choosing the action that will cause harm to those who were innocent from this misfire. I understand that he is a flawed human being like the rest of us, who was placed in a position he never asked for, but even he needs to learn to be more cautious over scenarios like these and pick his battles better especially if he wishes to keep his career as an entertainer for a long time. In this case, I won't suggest what he should or shouldn't do other than to be more mindful next time.

Unfortunately, most people do suffer from the syndrome known as a "content burn" or growing tired of the same reactions or commentary. I like to believe his lack of interesting content is more due to lack of interesting games to play. The flash games were entertaining to watch, at first, but now they're just boring to watch especially games I have played on my own before. I definitely believe once he returns to long playthroughs, then he'll be more entertaining again.

This board is definitely not a hate one nor is it filled with 100% truth as this is a space to discuss all types of rumors and gossip. You're correct to say and remind other people as such; however, my only suggestion is to refrain from calling fans from other social mediums names as it doesn't help our appearance in the least bit. We need to be mindful of our positions especially when people refer to us as "haters" or "anti-fans".

@FatPrincess:
Oh, really? I didn't know this. Thank you for telling me this! Now I'm curious to see his numbers for next month. We should definitely watch his numbers next month, then discuss further the idea.

@personthepanda:
I feel you're right concerning his content because he is getting dull to watch. Well, at least, I find his new Amnesia playthrough worth taking a look though. It's the first video of his that I have watched in the past two months. I recommend it!

I like to believe most sites have these issues though. The loudest and more agressive group are usually the ones that turn sites the way they do, but luckily I only use tumblr for fanart just like you. I think if you ignore the extreme SJW, then you should be fine. I, at least, do this.

Unfortunately, I don't believe forums are used in such a way due to all posts and information are saved in the previous pages unlike a chat, where information disappear as time goes on. This thread has been 98% all about Mark's love life which is...boring to keep kicking the dead and decaying horse so much especially concerning the toxic levels concerning it which I do not wish to taint my hands with further. There is hardly any other juicy topic to discuss here. Of course, I wouldn't mind it if this thread was known as "Markiplier's love life" or "Believe it or not: Markiplier has a love life". If this topic had such a name I wouldn't be here, truth be told. I really want to avoid that subject as I feel extremely uncomfortable talking about it.

Fans get over-excited at the chance to communicate with their idol, but once they cross lines by disrespecting other people over it and the person-in-question, then we definitely have an issue about that.

@shyguysfly:
Good to know that Jack is doing well this month! :tu: I do genuinely like and respect him; although I don't watch all of his content.

Hmmm. Well, I believe you as an educator. You guys are trained to be highly skilled in observations. The optimist in me hopes he is only suffering a bad month due to school. We'll have to keep an eye on those numbers for next month especially when we officially begin our summer months.


You are right. I do apologize if I let to much vinegar in what I said. I think Mark let that completely fly over his head with the trans community. Someone said when he met Mark, Mark was asking what pronouns the group of fans he was with were comfortable with. But Mark has limited knowledge on the trans community since it's a struggle finally being listened to. (Im young so im not sure if that statement is correct).

Some fans do get excited on seeing word in Marks love life. I know I did XD Just fueling my own fantasies.
this forum pretty much is "hey I wonder who Mark is banging and what he likes"

I just dislike it when people find this forum they take it to places like tumblr and tag it.

Mark will hit his milestone! New people are coming in and will subscribe. I'm really proud that Jack is hitting his milestones as well! I love him to bits! I think Wade is going to hit his to!
Pewdiepie, I don't have anything against him but Pewds will be fine. A dip for him isn't much.


These guys understand what they do is temporary.
Image

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 8:53 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by PsychGrad0317 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:46 am

Hey all! I’m new to posting on this site but I’ve been lurking for a while and following the “Markiplier” drama for even longer. First of all, let me just say that I appreciate the way things are handled on this thread. Even when gossiping and speculating, there always seems to be a level of general kindness and respect for each other and, to a lesser extent perhaps, for Mark. I am not one of those people who refuses to see the signs of “bad” in people and I will be the first to say that I have had moments when I’ve thought Markiplier was quite “douchey”. Having said that, I do like him and I do feel the need to add my own thoughts into the mix.
Some of this is going to piggyback Gorillaz post, because I found it very insightful. First of all, I think that Mark is probably a very nice person. I don’t think that he’s trying to be manipulative or misleading. Two things play heavily into the problems that he has had. One, he’s going through all of this with no safety net. He has to learn as he goes. Add to that the fact that he’s kind of uncertain about himself in the first place and you have a recipe for some heavy missteps from time to time. He’s in the middle of something that is too big for him to truly comprehend, and he’s gotten swamped by all of this relatively quickly. If I’m understanding correctly (as I haven’t been in the fandom very long), his big break was the FNAF series. Those videos were made about a year ago. So he’s still probably trying to adjust to the fact that, almost overnight, his fandom swelled massively. He isn’t a big celebrity in everyday life, but there are a significant number of people watching him very closely. So he goes from having a normal life one day to being under the microscope and having every detail and decision analyzed and, often, criticized. That would be hard for anyone to take, let alone someone who is (confessedly) really unsure of himself. You’ve basically just created the perfect storm of self-doubt and desperation.
Two, Mark’s not very old. I am not in my twenties anymore, but I remember well enough the all-too-often realization that you just didn’t see something bad coming. Experience teaches us so much, and most of get to earn it without the scrutiny of the internet community. That’s not the case for Mark. Most of us could send out a joke tweet about wanting to get some full-frontal pics without having to really worry that anything bad was going to happen. That’s where Mark was, I believe, when he sent that tweet. Unfortunately for him, it went wrong. The older you get, the more you can see the issues that would arise from that, but he wasn’t there yet. He had to learn the hard way. I’m not, by any stretch of the imagination, calling Mark immature or unintelligent. Far from it. I’m just saying that he hadn’t had the experience to tell him “BAD idea, Man!” And again, a few weeks before the FNAF games came out, he may have been able to make that same tweet without having the same results. He’s going to have to get used to the fact that he isn’t completely “normal” anymore, despite the fact that most of his life probably seems completely normal to him. I forgot to add that I’m still unclear on the timeline of all of this, so it’s possible that the Snapchat drama happened before FNAF. If so, then picture the same scenario when he only had 10,000 subs instead of 2 million.
I also want to emphasize that Mark and Markiplier may very well be two sides of the same coin. I get the feeling that Markiplier is half-show and half-feigned comfort. I think Markiplier is who Mark is at his most comfortable, but it’s also the persona that he thinks will keep his channel running. In my opinion. Markiplier is drunk Mark. I noticed, when watching his earlier Drunk Minecraft videos that drunk Mark is a rather different (douchier) version of his normal self. He puts on the great face of being confident and even arrogant, but it’s just that—a put on. I think that he’s sincere when he says thank you to his fans, and I think that he’s honest when he says how much he appreciates his position. I think, though, that he’s still got a long way to go before he actually feels like he deserves this.
One last point—I agree with Gorillaz that Mark probably sees shutting things off as the best line of defense. I won’t get into the ideas of how people who have been abused learn to handle their emotions, but I can almost guarantee that every issue that has come up on this board, especially the way that he has handled or failed to handle things, goes back to the fact that he was treated very badly at one point and he’s developed habits that are unhelpful for everyone else, but lifesavers for him.
So now that I’ve written a novel of my own thoughts on Mark, I can only say that I hope I haven’t bored the crap out of everyone. I appreciate having the opportunity to discuss this because I find myself fascinated by Mark. I don’t know why, but I am. Ta, guys!
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

User avatar
Ely
Learner
Learner
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by Ely » Thu May 21, 2015 4:40 pm

@Gorillaz1236:
Not at all. I'm just glad you understand the reason I offered you this friendly suggestion. :)

The entire situation with the trans community and SJW happened so quickly; even I was confused by the ruckus until someone explained the entire timeline of events. It was definitely a sticky situation, but I know Mark isn't the type to offend people without reason. Sadly, he did make a bit of a mess.

When it comes to his love life, I am one of the minority, who doesn't find it the least bit interesting. Then again, I'm uninterested in the drama of my own family and friend's love lives because they're private matters that I have no business to know and quarrels can be immature that I now ignore it unless it is a need to know basis. This is how I treat Mark as well. He's a stranger to me, who I watch some of his videos from time to time, his love life is even less interesting to me than an actual friend or relatives.

Of course, don't get me wrong, I understand the reason his fans are so interested in it, but...be careful with the fantasies or searching for answers to questions you're not ready for. Remember. Curiosity kills the cat, at times. I really don't want people to get hurt by that particular topic. :(

You're not alone. You're not alone in the way you feel.

Fortunately the do unlike certain other Youtubers. Even knowing it, they need to continue being careful with the way they treat or handle situations because their fame can end prematurely. Fame is truly a fickle and unreliable way of living.

@PsychGrad0317:
Welcome to our board, and no worries about the length as I'm known as the Queen of TL;DR, myself. You haven't bored me in the least bit. :D

Now then, time to discuss this new topic, hm?

Topic #1!
I do believe you're correct over your assumption of FNAF's franchise did offer him the much needed boost to become the man that he is today. Not only did FNAF help, but his earlier videos as well. His personality, charm, and generosity attracted the current following he has now. He all ready had over 3 millions subscribers by the time he made the FNAF videos. And you're correct to believe that the fame arrived to him early, but the drama surrounding him made its appearance before his fame boost. He already was under the microscope longer than this and last year.

Topic #2!
Mark does understand he is no longer "normal" as Molly pointed out earlier this week that he cannot go to any public area without someone recognizing him especially in a small town like Cincinnati. His youtube and charity fame has reached pretty high levels that he can no longer do the same things he used to do before youtube.

You're not wrong in believing that he is immature and naive because he is. There is nothing wrong in being known as those words along with inexperience because that's how he is. I'm the same age as him, and even I know we both have a long way to go. Everyone does, really.

And no, the snapchat issue happened way before FNAFs. It happened in the summer of 2013, then it appeared once more in 2014. Again, Mark already had over 3 million subscribers before his boost from FNAF's.

No one has question his sincerity with his fans as far as I know. He is definitely genuine in that aspect because he knows he wouldn't be where he is without his fans. I believe Jack and all those who have worked with Mark when they describe him as a great guy. The Cinco de Mayo prank video done to him showed Mark in his rawest form in 2013ish?

There has been countless videos, where Mark was caught off guard and you can definitely tell he isn't as outgoing as he likes to be. He does have a temper to him and can be a douche. I have seen those videos first hand, but it doesn't mean he is a terrible person. After all, we, humans, are multidimensional creatures.

The Markipler persona is definitely him, but not entirely him all at once. The first rule of acting or being an entertainer is: create an original character by using the little of your own personality as a base to begin with, then exaggerate those traits to the point of making them seem more 2D than 3D.

It's a simple trick Mark and many other people use because the individual I am online isn't the same person I am outside of the forum. Just like you and everyone else here.

I don't believe Youtube fame is about deserving it though. As Mark and many other Youtubers have said before, it's more about luck than anything else. After all, Mark is only a pantless guy who plays video games all day and makes his comments over it. You can hardly call it a true job in society's standards.

Mark's behavior and reaction to problems by avoiding them isn't a issue solely given to victims of abuse because everyone in the world use the same method as well especially when they feel frighten or uncertain over the best way to confront it. Everyone in the world reacts the same way as he does -- some in more extreme than others. The only reason Mark's passive reaction is an issue is due to the large amount of followers creating a community in his name. Being placed in a "soap box" -- as he likes to call it -- with many people watching him instead of being part of the audience makes it a better deal than it should especially when he is a one man show and doesn't have his own PR team like the politicians and actual celebrities have under their belts.

Now, does it mean he is excused by all the issues surrounding him? No, not entirely. There are some issues you can easily ignore, but there are others he does need to face before it explodes. Of course, I do understand it is easier said than done. Even Jack has spoken over being unable to control or fix every little issue in his community, but he has the courage and bravery to still try and point them out. Mark can learn a lot from Jack in that regard over needing that exact courage to honestly face his audience and talk about the issues instead of constantly praising them, knowing about these problems, and allowing that praise to swell those problematic fan's egos while allowing them to continue the same toxic patterns or get worse.

That is mostly my main concern, to be honest, but again who am I to judge or tell him what to do? This simply my personal opinion over the matter.

And once more, I didn't find your thoughts to be boring in the least bit, but I do have one request to make: can you please separate the paragraphs a little more next time? I had a difficult time figuring out which paragraphs were independent and which were still part of a similar point. I'd greatly appreciate it if you do.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:37 am

Ely wrote:@Gorillaz1236:
Not at all. I'm just glad you understand the reason I offered you this friendly suggestion. :)

The entire situation with the trans community and SJW happened so quickly; even I was confused by the ruckus until someone explained the entire timeline of events. It was definitely a sticky situation, but I know Mark isn't the type to offend people without reason. Sadly, he did make a bit of a mess.

When it comes to his love life, I am one of the minority, who doesn't find it the least bit interesting. Then again, I'm uninterested in the drama of my own family and friend's love lives because they're private matters that I have no business to know and quarrels can be immature that I now ignore it unless it is a need to know basis. This is how I treat Mark as well. He's a stranger to me, who I watch some of his videos from time to time, his love life is even less interesting to me than an actual friend or relatives.

Of course, don't get me wrong, I understand the reason his fans are so interested in it, but...be careful with the fantasies or searching for answers to questions you're not ready for. Remember. Curiosity kills the cat, at times. I really don't want people to get hurt by that particular topic. :(

You're not alone. You're not alone in the way you feel.

Fortunately the do unlike certain other Youtubers. Even knowing it, they need to continue being careful with the way they treat or handle situations because their fame can end prematurely. Fame is truly a fickle and unreliable way of living.

@PsychGrad0317:
Welcome to our board, and no worries about the length as I'm known as the Queen of TL;DR, myself. You haven't bored me in the least bit. :D

Now then, time to discuss this new topic, hm?

Topic #1!
I do believe you're correct over your assumption of FNAF's franchise did offer him the much needed boost to become the man that he is today. Not only did FNAF help, but his earlier videos as well. His personality, charm, and generosity attracted the current following he has now. He all ready had over 3 millions subscribers by the time he made the FNAF videos. And you're correct to believe that the fame arrived to him early, but the drama surrounding him made its appearance before his fame boost. He already was under the microscope longer than this and last year.

Topic #2!
Mark does understand he is no longer "normal" as Molly pointed out earlier this week that he cannot go to any public area without someone recognizing him especially in a small town like Cincinnati. His youtube and charity fame has reached pretty high levels that he can no longer do the same things he used to do before youtube.

You're not wrong in believing that he is immature and naive because he is. There is nothing wrong in being known as those words along with inexperience because that's how he is. I'm the same age as him, and even I know we both have a long way to go. Everyone does, really.

And no, the snapchat issue happened way before FNAFs. It happened in the summer of 2013, then it appeared once more in 2014. Again, Mark already had over 3 million subscribers before his boost from FNAF's.

No one has question his sincerity with his fans as far as I know. He is definitely genuine in that aspect because he knows he wouldn't be where he is without his fans. I believe Jack and all those who have worked with Mark when they describe him as a great guy. The Cinco de Mayo prank video done to him showed Mark in his rawest form in 2013ish?

There has been countless videos, where Mark was caught off guard and you can definitely tell he isn't as outgoing as he likes to be. He does have a temper to him and can be a douche. I have seen those videos first hand, but it doesn't mean he is a terrible person. After all, we, humans, are multidimensional creatures.

The Markipler persona is definitely him, but not entirely him all at once. The first rule of acting or being an entertainer is: create an original character by using the little of your own personality as a base to begin with, then exaggerate those traits to the point of making them seem more 2D than 3D.

It's a simple trick Mark and many other people use because the individual I am online isn't the same person I am outside of the forum. Just like you and everyone else here.

I don't believe Youtube fame is about deserving it though. As Mark and many other Youtubers have said before, it's more about luck than anything else. After all, Mark is only a pantless guy who plays video games all day and makes his comments over it. You can hardly call it a true job in society's standards.

Mark's behavior and reaction to problems by avoiding them isn't a issue solely given to victims of abuse because everyone in the world use the same method as well especially when they feel frighten or uncertain over the best way to confront it. Everyone in the world reacts the same way as he does -- some in more extreme than others. The only reason Mark's passive reaction is an issue is due to the large amount of followers creating a community in his name. Being placed in a "soap box" -- as he likes to call it -- with many people watching him instead of being part of the audience makes it a better deal than it should especially when he is a one man show and doesn't have his own PR team like the politicians and actual celebrities have under their belts.

Now, does it mean he is excused by all the issues surrounding him? No, not entirely. There are some issues you can easily ignore, but there are others he does need to face before it explodes. Of course, I do understand it is easier said than done. Even Jack has spoken over being unable to control or fix every little issue in his community, but he has the courage and bravery to still try and point them out. Mark can learn a lot from Jack in that regard over needing that exact courage to honestly face his audience and talk about the issues instead of constantly praising them, knowing about these problems, and allowing that praise to swell those problematic fan's egos while allowing them to continue the same toxic patterns or get worse.

That is mostly my main concern, to be honest, but again who am I to judge or tell him what to do? This simply my personal opinion over the matter.

And once more, I didn't find your thoughts to be boring in the least bit, but I do have one request to make: can you please separate the paragraphs a little more next time? I had a difficult time figuring out which paragraphs were independent and which were still part of a similar point. I'd greatly appreciate it if you do.


Oh no problem! I'm always open to correction if I say something incorrect or add too much salt.

As we all say, Mark is a good guy. He genuinely is. He truly wants to make people happy and make the world a better place. But yes, he's human. He can do stupid things. Get douchy and hints of temper. But those are all the qualities that make Mark human. It's the common story of Saint and Sinner. It's just people tend to seperate these negative and positive qualities of Mark and amplify them to make him look like either Jesus or Satan himself.
He knows he has work to do on his own charactwr and some of that may come with age, but we can appreciate Marks kindness and genuine being.

Yeah, I shouldn't get to nosey in that part of Mark and I generally dont. I just dislike it when questions, speculations and "headcanons" about his sex life and romances are made in his range of sight (the tumblr tag, facebook, Twitter). It's cringe worthy the things I see get put in the tag about those aspects of his life. Sure, I'm calling the kettle black because I came here hoping to get some naughty facts but I'm not going to disrespect Mark and ask anywhere he resides and checks daily. I'm like a clean rubbish bin XD

New poster, you're words are so much appreciated here. None of us mean Mark any harm and do hope him the best in his future.


To be honest, if Mark was a raging douch who wasn't genuine in his kindness, im sure his friends would imply it or J***** would have went into full tattle mode.
Image

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Kong Studios, Essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by Gorillaz1236 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:39 am

Ely wrote:@Gorillaz1236:
Not at all. I'm just glad you understand the reason I offered you this friendly suggestion. :)

The entire situation with the trans community and SJW happened so quickly; even I was confused by the ruckus until someone explained the entire timeline of events. It was definitely a sticky situation, but I know Mark isn't the type to offend people without reason. Sadly, he did make a bit of a mess.

When it comes to his love life, I am one of the minority, who doesn't find it the least bit interesting. Then again, I'm uninterested in the drama of my own family and friend's love lives because they're private matters that I have no business to know and quarrels can be immature that I now ignore it unless it is a need to know basis. This is how I treat Mark as well. He's a stranger to me, who I watch some of his videos from time to time, his love life is even less interesting to me than an actual friend or relatives.

Of course, don't get me wrong, I understand the reason his fans are so interested in it, but...be careful with the fantasies or searching for answers to questions you're not ready for. Remember. Curiosity kills the cat, at times. I really don't want people to get hurt by that particular topic. :(

You're not alone. You're not alone in the way you feel.

Fortunately the do unlike certain other Youtubers. Even knowing it, they need to continue being careful with the way they treat or handle situations because their fame can end prematurely. Fame is truly a fickle and unreliable way of living.

@PsychGrad0317:
Welcome to our board, and no worries about the length as I'm known as the Queen of TL;DR, myself. You haven't bored me in the least bit. :D

Now then, time to discuss this new topic, hm?

Topic #1!
I do believe you're correct over your assumption of FNAF's franchise did offer him the much needed boost to become the man that he is today. Not only did FNAF help, but his earlier videos as well. His personality, charm, and generosity attracted the current following he has now. He all ready had over 3 millions subscribers by the time he made the FNAF videos. And you're correct to believe that the fame arrived to him early, but the drama surrounding him made its appearance before his fame boost. He already was under the microscope longer than this and last year.

Topic #2!
Mark does understand he is no longer "normal" as Molly pointed out earlier this week that he cannot go to any public area without someone recognizing him especially in a small town like Cincinnati. His youtube and charity fame has reached pretty high levels that he can no longer do the same things he used to do before youtube.

You're not wrong in believing that he is immature and naive because he is. There is nothing wrong in being known as those words along with inexperience because that's how he is. I'm the same age as him, and even I know we both have a long way to go. Everyone does, really.

And no, the snapchat issue happened way before FNAFs. It happened in the summer of 2013, then it appeared once more in 2014. Again, Mark already had over 3 million subscribers before his boost from FNAF's.

No one has question his sincerity with his fans as far as I know. He is definitely genuine in that aspect because he knows he wouldn't be where he is without his fans. I believe Jack and all those who have worked with Mark when they describe him as a great guy. The Cinco de Mayo prank video done to him showed Mark in his rawest form in 2013ish?

There has been countless videos, where Mark was caught off guard and you can definitely tell he isn't as outgoing as he likes to be. He does have a temper to him and can be a douche. I have seen those videos first hand, but it doesn't mean he is a terrible person. After all, we, humans, are multidimensional creatures.

The Markipler persona is definitely him, but not entirely him all at once. The first rule of acting or being an entertainer is: create an original character by using the little of your own personality as a base to begin with, then exaggerate those traits to the point of making them seem more 2D than 3D.

It's a simple trick Mark and many other people use because the individual I am online isn't the same person I am outside of the forum. Just like you and everyone else here.

I don't believe Youtube fame is about deserving it though. As Mark and many other Youtubers have said before, it's more about luck than anything else. After all, Mark is only a pantless guy who plays video games all day and makes his comments over it. You can hardly call it a true job in society's standards.

Mark's behavior and reaction to problems by avoiding them isn't a issue solely given to victims of abuse because everyone in the world use the same method as well especially when they feel frighten or uncertain over the best way to confront it. Everyone in the world reacts the same way as he does -- some in more extreme than others. The only reason Mark's passive reaction is an issue is due to the large amount of followers creating a community in his name. Being placed in a "soap box" -- as he likes to call it -- with many people watching him instead of being part of the audience makes it a better deal than it should especially when he is a one man show and doesn't have his own PR team like the politicians and actual celebrities have under their belts.

Now, does it mean he is excused by all the issues surrounding him? No, not entirely. There are some issues you can easily ignore, but there are others he does need to face before it explodes. Of course, I do understand it is easier said than done. Even Jack has spoken over being unable to control or fix every little issue in his community, but he has the courage and bravery to still try and point them out. Mark can learn a lot from Jack in that regard over needing that exact courage to honestly face his audience and talk about the issues instead of constantly praising them, knowing about these problems, and allowing that praise to swell those problematic fan's egos while allowing them to continue the same toxic patterns or get worse.

That is mostly my main concern, to be honest, but again who am I to judge or tell him what to do? This simply my personal opinion over the matter.

And once more, I didn't find your thoughts to be boring in the least bit, but I do have one request to make: can you please separate the paragraphs a little more next time? I had a difficult time figuring out which paragraphs were independent and which were still part of a similar point. I'd greatly appreciate it if you do.


Oh no problem! I'm always open to correction if I say something incorrect or add too much salt.

As we all say, Mark is a good guy. He genuinely is. He truly wants to make people happy and make the world a better place. But yes, he's human. He can do stupid things. Get douchy and hints of temper. But those are all the qualities that make Mark human. It's the common story of Saint and Sinner. It's just people tend to seperate these negative and positive qualities of Mark and amplify them to make him look like either Jesus or Satan himself.
He knows he has work to do on his own charactwr and some of that may come with age, but we can appreciate Marks kindness and genuine being.

Yeah, I shouldn't get to nosey in that part of Mark and I generally dont. I just dislike it when questions, speculations and "headcanons" about his sex life and romances are made in his range of sight (the tumblr tag, facebook, Twitter). It's cringe worthy the things I see get put in the tag about those aspects of his life. Sure, I'm calling the kettle black because I came here hoping to get some naughty facts but I'm not going to disrespect Mark and ask anywhere he resides and checks daily. I'm like a clean rubbish bin XD

New poster, you're words are so much appreciated here. None of us mean Mark any harm and do hope him the best in his future.


To be honest, if Mark was a raging douch who wasn't genuine in his kindness, im sure his friends would imply it or J***** would have went into full tattle mode.
Image

elaidara
Learner
Learner
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by elaidara » Fri May 22, 2015 4:53 am

Ely wrote:Now, does it mean he is excused by all the issues surrounding him? No, not entirely. There are some issues you can easily ignore, but there are others he does need to face before it explodes. Of course, I do understand it is easier said than done. Even Jack has spoken over being unable to control or fix every little issue in his community, but he has the courage and bravery to still try and point them out. Mark can learn a lot from Jack in that regard over needing that exact courage to honestly face his audience and talk about the issues instead of constantly praising them, knowing about these problems, and allowing that praise to swell those problematic fan's egos while allowing them to continue the same toxic patterns or get worse.


This is my biggest problem with Mark. Like the others have said, I think he's a good guy but everyone has their flaws, and passivity is a large part of that. Personally, within my family, I've always been the only one who refuses to ignore the issue, hoping it'll go away which is probably why it frustrates me so much when Mark hides away until the heat dies down. Taking that next step and following in the same vein as Jack, in my opinion, would earn him more respect from his fanbase.

Gorillaz1236 wrote:full tattle mode.


:rofl:

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 8:53 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by PsychGrad0317 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:19 pm

Hey guys! Sorry about the formatting earlier! I hope it wasn't too difficult to read.

Ely, I think you make some great points about Mark, but I do have to disagree on one thing. Not everyone handles situations by running from them. Some people confront them head-on, sometimes even recklessly. Like Elaidara said, some people prefer to actually handle an issue rather than hiding from it. I don't know Mark, but it seems as though he's learned to just sit quietly until the sun comes out again. I can't say that I blame him for that method of "dealing" with things, but I wouldn't have pegged him as one that is naturally passive, no matter how shy he might have been at one time.

I honestly don't think that Mark is immature, really. I think he acts his age, given his personality. I watched the last live stream and I honestly think it's a good thing that his friends don't mind his particular brand of humor because there were times when it could have been (and was, if you read the comments) perceived as being really rude. I think people fail to take into account that they are young, they are men and they are extremely comfortable with each other. To say that Mark is any less mature than Wade or Tyler is incorrect. Is he less mature than Bob? Yes, but then again, so am I! :D Thank you again for your reply and for your warm welcome!

Gorillaz, I think you nailed it about the Saint/Sinner thing. People seem to either love Mark or hate him and I think that's because of his big personality. Everything he does it amplified in the eyes of some to either prove that he's "God's gift" or that he's the devil incarnate. It's a shame that he can't just be who he is without people picking it apart or trying to make him something that he isn't and doesn't want to be.

You also made a very good point about his friends and his "ex". He is in a spot where he couldn't afford to me an ass, because the second he is everyone is going to know about it. I read a story (maybe on here) about a fan and a box of Cheez-its. She was upset because he didn't react the way she wanted him to and promptly posted about it for all to see. He can't even just have a tired moment without someone making it into something that it isn't. You couldn't pay me enough to do what he does.

By the way, Hi Jack! :tu:
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

elaidara
Learner
Learner
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by elaidara » Thu May 28, 2015 1:29 pm

Mark just had his three-year anniversary; it's really incredible to see how far he's gotten in such a (relatively) short amount of time.

User avatar
SuperSmashPeach
Debater
Debater
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:14 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Markiplier

Post by SuperSmashPeach » Sun May 31, 2015 12:50 am

i picked it up somewhere that he's half korean and half german? is that true?
Image
Nintendo roughly translates to Leave luck to heaven
Thank you for everything Iwata-san and be safe up there :love2:

User avatar
Lambchop
Talker
Talker
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:32 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by Lambchop » Sun May 31, 2015 2:09 am

SuperSmashPeach wrote:i picked it up somewhere that he's half korean and half german? is that true?


Yeah, there's a few sites that have his full name that mention that (however I THINK it might be Vietnamese, not Korean) According to his Draw My Life, if I remember correctly, his father was a white military man and he was stationed in Korea or Vietnam or something and that's where he met Mark's mommy. I might be remembering it incorrectly so it's probably better to just watch the video hahahaha but I think that's how it went.

Edit: Also, his last name is Fischbach which is pretty German sounding haha

elaidara
Learner
Learner
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by elaidara » Sun May 31, 2015 7:54 am

Lambchop wrote: (however I THINK it might be Vietnamese, not Korean) According to his Draw My Life, if I remember correctly, his father was a white military man and he was stationed in Korea or Vietnam or something


Mark's part Korean, not Vietnamese. Anyways, if his dad had fought in Vietnam, Mark's parents would be like 80 :D He's mentioned it several times though, and his mom and brother have super-Korean features.

User avatar
Lambchop
Talker
Talker
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:32 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by Lambchop » Sun May 31, 2015 12:26 pm

elaidara wrote:
Lambchop wrote: (however I THINK it might be Vietnamese, not Korean) According to his Draw My Life, if I remember correctly, his father was a white military man and he was stationed in Korea or Vietnam or something


Mark's part Korean, not Vietnamese. Anyways, if his dad had fought in Vietnam, Mark's parents would be like 80 :D He's mentioned it several times though, and his mom and brother have super-Korean features.


I didn't say he fought Vietnam, I just said (I THOUGHT) he was stationed there lol

User avatar
frogert
Informer
Informer
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by frogert » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:14 am

elaidara wrote:
Lambchop wrote: (however I THINK it might be Vietnamese, not Korean) According to his Draw My Life, if I remember correctly, his father was a white military man and he was stationed in Korea or Vietnam or something


Mark's part Korean, not Vietnamese. Anyways, if his dad had fought in Vietnam, Mark's parents would be like 80 :D He's mentioned it several times though, and his mom and brother have super-Korean features.


His Mother has super Korean features because she is legit Korean :lol:

she was learning English as they grew up, and didn't want to burden Mark and Tom with learning Korean, or so she told him. That's why Mark doesn't know any Korean. His Dad also spoke fluent German, but didn't teach him and Tom that either. He talked about in a GrumpCade ep with Arin. It'd be cool if he could learn them now, but hes way to busy for that.
Image


"Everyone thought I was being a bitch, when all I was doing was being brutally honest" - Santana Lopez :love2:

User avatar
frogert
Informer
Informer
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by frogert » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:40 am

Image


"Everyone thought I was being a bitch, when all I was doing was being brutally honest" - Santana Lopez :love2:

User avatar
kayuhsee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:13 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by kayuhsee » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:53 am


:roll: Too late of an apology. What damage he's already done with the first post has been done. You can take all the time in the world for a good apology like that, but the initial reaction is what really counts and shows what kind of person you are.
Image

User avatar
frogert
Informer
Informer
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by frogert » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:55 am

kayuhsee wrote:

:roll: Too late of an apology. What damage he's already done with the first post has been done. You can take all the time in the world for a good apology like that, but the initial reaction is what really counts and shows what kind of person you are.


Massively disagree.

He honestly thought he didn't do anything wrong reacted in a defensive way, has since learned, detailed what he did was wrong, apologized, apologized for those hurt via what he did or by bullying. Apologized for using the word tr***y in the past, and has said it wont happen again.

If people still think there is damage or have an issue, that's with them and that's their problem. He has learned from what happened, wont let it happen again.

He also told his fangirls to chill the fuck out and stop their shit.

Literally everything everyone wanted on here.

If you treat everyone like that, like they cant learn, then they wont and its a shitty outlook.
Image


"Everyone thought I was being a bitch, when all I was doing was being brutally honest" - Santana Lopez :love2:

User avatar
skettyburnochurno
Informer
Informer
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:11 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by skettyburnochurno » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:36 am

Ah!!!!! A day of celebration!

Mark put on some big boy pants and recognized the errors of his ways. He even brought up the issue of his DISMISSIVE tone (which in all fairness, was my bigger upset right behind the trans bullying--and bullying in general, THAT WAS WAY OVERDUE but he did take a stand on that as well). This took a while and I was losing hope it would ever come and that he would ever change but right now I couldn't be happier. While the apology is nice, that wasn't even what I was holding out for. Just his acknowledgement of the problem in a mature way is amazing on its own.

Damage was done, that's true, but I'm personally glad it happened assuming he's being sincere with his words. He sees what was wrong on all angles, and that is a strong step forward and in the right direction.

While I won't be heading back into his community spaces because they've just proven to be unsafe after this last big blow up I will give Mark credit where it's due.

Personally, I accept the apology in full. That post took a HUGE weight off my chest to be honest.

The initial issues didn't bother me (not even his tslurring from way back because in the context it just didn't hurt me--the second-hand embarassmemt from ignorance can be really funny :rofl: ). What did hurt was the aftermath of his "oh whatever, tumblr being tumblr" attitude that messed me up. It's strange how context changes things quick. It was seeing those same tslurs, in his name, being thrown like stones at the women who were standing up for their beliefs that really emphasized that this all was too much. It was vile and frankly terrifying. If you can't turn up places because you will be attacked and/or brutalized for who you are that is terrifying. I am so happy that was something he brought up because it does make a difference.

So THANK YOU MARK. This needed to happen, in one way or another for a long time. Thank you for honestly stepping back and trying to see a bigger picture. Thank you for trying to understand. Thank you for recognizing how many people you directly and indirectly hurt. Thank you for approaching this reasonably and maturly. Thank you for admitting you didn't handle yourself appropriately the first time around. Thank you for trying to see this from other perspectives. Thank you for trying to move forward. And I could honestly keep going.

Granted, I'll accept and can even reciprocate--I'm sorry I've been rough, rude and genuinely unpleasant toward you.
But I'm not such an asshole that I can't admit that I respect what you've done now and surely what you'll do later down the road.

I think this is a good thing to have happened and I hope it's as good for everyone else as it was for me ;) ;) ;)

User avatar
skettyburnochurno
Informer
Informer
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:11 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by skettyburnochurno » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:54 am

frogert wrote:
kayuhsee wrote:

:roll: Too late of an apology. What damage he's already done with the first post has been done. You can take all the time in the world for a good apology like that, but the initial reaction is what really counts and shows what kind of person you are.


Massively disagree.

He honestly thought he didn't do anything wrong reacted in a defensive way, has since learned, detailed what he did was wrong, apologized, apologized for those hurt via what he did or by bullying. Apologized for using the word tr***y in the past, and has said it wont happen again.

If people still think there is damage or have an issue, that's with them and that's their problem. He has learned from what happened, wont let it happen again.

He also told his fangirls to chill the fuck out and stop their shit.

Literally everything everyone wanted on here.

If you treat everyone like that, like they cant learn, then they wont and its a shitty outlook.


Massively agree frogert.
He messed up and it snowballed and it was clearly weighing on him. I'd even go as far as to say his response recently was excessive, though, on point and I appreciate it.

Like I said, I didn't even desire an apology....lol.

He did good and even did better than I thought he would. While people can still hold their grudges and find fault in what happened--a lot of damage was done, and that's true--I just hope people can at least recognize that he is trying to make better what he can and that he is going to handle things differently from now.

I don't feel like it's fair to dismiss his words--we were upset at his dismissals so it's just as wrong to not give him a chance I'd think. For me personally, finding fault in his post is a kick to ribs while he's down.

Even if it's not "perfect" to some, it's something, and that's better than nothing.

His reaction was childish, sure, but that's what it was: a reaction. With no thought. And now that he's thought about it clearly and said he's been thinking about while just not doing anything (which he also hints was not okay), he realizes how wrong his reaction was. Maybe a bit late, but what can you do?

elaidara
Learner
Learner
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by elaidara » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:21 am

I think it's definitely a step in the right direction. He might have handled things in the wrong way at first, but at least he's starting to try now. A late apology is better than nothing at all and he called out the fangirls as well.

skettyburnochurno wrote:Mark put on some big boy pants and recognized the errors of his ways.


:tu:

Locked

Return to “Markiplier”