We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Markiplier

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by shyguyflys » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:30 am

personthepanda wrote:That's sad! I understand what you were getting at. Each person has varying degrees of comfort with sharing personal things. That's why i said I generally keep my personal stuff to myself, and that's my own preference. Everyone is different and like you said, sometimes certain situations change that :) I guess it's kinda wishful thinking that every person would be respectful in regards to personal life haha

It is what it is, sadly.

However, while on this topic, it does give me the opportunity to clear it up that GG is not responsible for the original leak of Mark's past recent relationship. We cannot take credit for that (I don't know why we would want to... we only posted what we have out of speculation or because we didn't agree with the blatant lies; I believe things can be stated without outright lying). From my own information and from other sources, Reddit had posted things about it way before information started popping up here. Even past the original Reddit post, people were leaking information. While I agree that many only leaked the info out of jealousy, that was never the reason behind my actions or behind the actions of others on here (I have no sexual or romantic thoughts about Mark whatsoever, as it may be guessed due to what I just said on here earlier).

FatPrincess
Talker
Talker

Post by FatPrincess » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:32 am

shyguyflys wrote:SIDE NOTE: I recently noticed that we are only a few pages away from Mark being a full-fledged forum rather than a thread. What this means is that things can be sorted out. I don't know if individual posts from these last 38 pages or so can all be sorted out into particular subtopics, but having a forum in general would make everything so much more organized. Plus, for those of you only here to see criticism concerning Mark, you could then just go to that subtopic and avoid seeing things that you would rather not read. This is going to be great!

Definitely looking forward to turning this topic into it's own forum. I think it would make conversation a lot smoother to separate and clearly label threads. That way there wouldn't be any silencing of valid commentary in the future.
There's a difference between wild speculation and fairly accurate gossip, just keep that in mind. If a board member has evidence and can use such evidence to justify their point of view, it is perfectly fine to post.
Continue being respectful of each other, GG'ers. :respekt:

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:46 am

shyguyflys wrote:
The only reason I care about being inquiring on my relationships is because in my state, you can get fired if you're a LGBT+ state employee. Since my state is very radical, I see openly lesbian employees being fired many times.

Anywho, I never said it was right that people discuss relationships on gossip sites and such; I only stated that it happens regardless.

How ridiculous is it that we still live in states where being who you are is grounds for being fired? I am so sorry that you, or anyone, has to go through this. My state is just as ridiculous and backwards. I have similar issues, though not with my sexual orientation. I can't allow my coworkers onto my Facebook page because I'm an atheist and I know I would be fired for that. It's beyond stupid that we have to guard part of who we are in order to maintain our livelihood.

I don't care if people discuss Mark's love interests, or if they don't. I know very little about it other than what he himself has said and what's been posted here. I mind when people jump to conclusions based on their own personal desire to see the situation one way or another (someone earlier mentioned confirmation bias, I think, which is exactly what this is). I don't wish his ex, if she is, ill at all. I hope she finds her happiness and can get herself sorted into a comfortable situation. I haven't seen her say anything that was against Mark, and I haven't seen Mark say anything that was against her. So any hint of animosity is, most likely, in the mind of the one who sees it and not in the relationship that the two have.

I don't want to see anyone get torn down based on pure conjecture, and especially not someone in the ex's situation. She's going through a lot and certainly doesn't need salt added to the wound. I'd hope that people in general would just cut her some slack.
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

whodunit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by whodunit » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:31 pm

If you look at her channel, it says she joined October 2014. So they were still together when she started, or at least when she locked down the name. I wonder what it would be like if they hadn't broken up, if he would have promoted her? I think it's a good thing that she has to do it on her own now, cause even with the spill over she only has 60 subs currently, it'll be interesting to see what kind of name she intends to make for herself! To me, it's telling that she created separate twitter and tumblr accounts for the channel versus her personals, where all her markiplier inflated numbers are. Can't see the follow count on tumblr but on twitter her personal has over 1000 while her "professional" has less than 100. She could have easily turned her already popular accounts into her professional ones and gained traction off the drama, but the most she does is reblog and retweet herself and I think that's fair. Who wouldn't want to promote themselves?

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:25 pm

PsychGrad0317 wrote:How ridiculous is it that we still live in states where being who you are is grounds for being fired? I am so sorry that you, or anyone, has to go through this. My state is just as ridiculous and backwards. I have similar issues, though not with my sexual orientation. I can't allow my coworkers onto my Facebook page because I'm an atheist and I know I would be fired for that. It's beyond stupid that we have to guard part of who we are in order to maintain our livelihood.

That's another thing on my list as well, but despite the odds, I continue to be me. I'm fortunate that my current state employers are very liberal and think the state is backwards on some of it's laws.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:27 pm

whodunit wrote: if he would have promoted her?

I only quoted this little snippet because other YouTubers have stated that they don't actually gain as much as people think they do when they collaborate with other people or are promoted by others.

kayuhsee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:47 pm

FatPrincess wrote:
shyguyflys wrote:SIDE NOTE: I recently noticed that we are only a few pages away from Mark being a full-fledged forum rather than a thread. What this means is that things can be sorted out. I don't know if individual posts from these last 38 pages or so can all be sorted out into particular subtopics, but having a forum in general would make everything so much more organized. Plus, for those of you only here to see criticism concerning Mark, you could then just go to that subtopic and avoid seeing things that you would rather not read. This is going to be great!

Definitely looking forward to turning this topic into it's own forum. I think it would make conversation a lot smoother to separate and clearly label threads. That way there wouldn't be any silencing of valid commentary in the future.
There's a difference between wild speculation and fairly accurate gossip, just keep that in mind. If a board member has evidence and can use such evidence to justify their point of view, it is perfectly fine to post.
Continue being respectful of each other, GG'ers. :respekt:

Actually it SHOULD be four threads then a forum. Though they could be doing it differently now since the YT personality sections looks a mess.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:57 pm

kayuhsee wrote:Actually it SHOULD be four threads then a forum. Though they could be doing it differently now since the YT personality sections looks a mess.

Really? Hm. I was informed that after forty pages, you get a forum on here. If what you said is the case, then that would four different ones related to this thread?

kayuhsee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:01 pm

shyguyflys wrote:
kayuhsee wrote:Actually it SHOULD be four threads then a forum. Though they could be doing it differently now since the YT personality sections looks a mess.

Really? Hm. I was informed that after forty pages, you get a forum on here. If what you said is the case, then that would four different ones related to this thread?

It's 1,000 posts then we get a pt.2 for Mark, but it's still under less gossiped about. Once we reach four parts we get our own little piece of the forum under YT personalities. At least that's how it should be. Like I've said they've been kind of just throwing around things wherever now.

frogert
Informer
Informer

Post by frogert » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Vendetta??

I don't care about her beyond what connection she has to Mark.

Why??

because that's how we know her.

Only reason.

So me saying she is a nobody is true.

She can go and succeed I don't give a shit tbh, but don't pretend like his fans aren't watching and sucking up to her (fanart for her....really??) and giving her, her first subs and views, that's just plain ignorance imo

Anyway, I just wanted to discuss her in relevance to mark, but this has devolved into butt kissing, policing and people not realizing its a damn gossip site.

Also, any issues ya'll have me, take it to pms.

"Everyone thought I was being a bitch, when all I was doing was being brutally honest" - Santana Lopez :love2:

Lambchop
Talker
Talker

Post by Lambchop » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:46 am

shyguyflys wrote:

I only quoted this little snippet because other YouTubers have stated that they don't actually gain as much as people think they do when they collaborate with other people or are promoted by others.

Though this may be true, that guy Patrick that Mark hung out with for the Make A Wish thingy already has over 240k subs without having a single video posted yet. It probably doesn't work as well usually but in this case :o

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Lambchop wrote:
shyguyflys wrote:

Though this may be true, that guy Patrick that Mark hung out with for the Make A Wish thingy already has over 240k subs without having a single video posted yet. It probably doesn't work as well usually but in this case :o

Make-A-Wish helps out those who are battling life-threatening illnesses achieve their dreams. The name itself provides a greater incentive to people to help people with possibly not much time left reach their dreams before it's too late. It usually doesn't play out this way; it takes a very special case for these kinds of things to happen. Mark even dedicated an entire video with him helping him with his channel and promoting it. Mark doesn't usually do that, but in the case of Patrick, I think it was really nice of him that he did.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:00 pm

kayuhsee wrote:It's 1,000 posts then we get a pt.2 for Mark, but it's still under less gossiped about. Once we reach four parts we get our own little piece of the forum under YT personalities. At least that's how it should be. Like I've said they've been kind of just throwing around things wherever now.

That is true. They've been doing a lot of modifications to the site. So much that GG has been down for me a lot lately or has been incredibly slow.

Lambchop
Talker
Talker

Post by Lambchop » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:14 pm

Make-A-Wish helps out those who are battling life-threatening illnesses achieve their dreams. The name itself provides a greater incentive to people to help people with possibly not much time left reach their dreams before it's too late. It usually doesn't play out this way; it takes a very special case for these kinds of things to happen. Mark even dedicated an entire video with him helping him with his channel and promoting it. Mark doesn't usually do that, but in the case of Patrick, I think it was really nice of him that he did.

I know, and I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all! I think it's awesome and I'm happy for the guy. I'm just saying, for him, he got a huge head start on a Youtube career.

Deebop2
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Deebop2 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:58 pm

Hello I recently found this forum/thread and I've found it very interesting to read. I'm pretty fascinated with markiplier lately and I'm just trying to understand him as a person. He seems really sweet and fun although I hear he seems to shut people out once he's done with them. I mean sometimes you outgrow friendships, but that reminds me of someone I personally knew and he was kind of a selfish d*ck. Not kind of, entirely. An ex of mine, although in the end I shut him out. But anyway, I do kind of have a crush on Mark. And I'm mainly curious to know if once again I'm crushing on a similar character. I hope he's a sweet guy. Just cuz, I wanna like him. I already do. He seems very positive and fun loving. He honestly, comes across as caring. I read a lot of this thread but not all of it. All I know about his exes is that he recently had one and dumped her in January. I'm just wondering if you guys know anything else about his history. Friendships, relationships, I just kinda wanna patch it together. I know people learn from their mistakes but at the same time I believe people don't change much. If you guys could patch up all that you know about how he deals with people, specially ex girlfriends and whatnot, I feel like id have a clearer picture of what he really is like. I'd appreciate any input. I'm just curious about him and why I seem to like him so much lol. Also you guys seem to be very perceptive, I'd like to hear your opinions on Marks character in general.

Cat_Lady22
Debater
Debater

Post by Cat_Lady22 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:12 am

Deebop2 wrote:Hello I recently found this forum/thread and I've found it very interesting to read. I'm pretty fascinated with markiplier lately and I'm just trying to understand him as a person. He seems really sweet and fun although I hear he seems to shut people out once he's done with them. I mean sometimes you outgrow friendships, but that reminds me of someone I personally knew and he was kind of a selfish d*ck. Not kind of, entirely. An ex of mine, although in the end I shut him out. But anyway, I do kind of have a crush on Mark. And I'm mainly curious to know if once again I'm crushing on a similar character. I hope he's a sweet guy. Just cuz, I wanna like him. I already do. He seems very positive and fun loving. He honestly, comes across as caring. I read a lot of this thread but not all of it. All I know about his exes is that he recently had one and dumped her in January. I'm just wondering if you guys know anything else about his history. Friendships, relationships, I just kinda wanna patch it together. I know people learn from their mistakes but at the same time I believe people don't change much. If you guys could patch up all that you know about how he deals with people, specially ex girlfriends and whatnot, I feel like id have a clearer picture of what he really is like. I'd appreciate any input. I'm just curious about him and why I seem to like him so much lol. Also you guys seem to be very perceptive, I'd like to hear your opinions on Marks character in general.

Mark seems to be introverted, shy and possibly solitary most of the time, from what I'm seeing. He has a few people(other than his family) close to him, but has everyone else at an arms length. I think that the Markiplier that everyone else sees, is just a persona.

Deebop2
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Deebop2 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:30 am

Cat_Lady22 wrote:
Deebop2 wrote:Hello I recently found this forum/thread and I've found it very interesting to read. I'm pretty fascinated with markiplier lately and I'm just trying to understand him as a person. He seems really sweet and fun although I hear he seems to shut people out once he's done with them. I mean sometimes you outgrow friendships, but that reminds me of someone I personally knew and he was kind of a selfish d*ck. Not kind of, entirely. An ex of mine, although in the end I shut him out. But anyway, I do kind of have a crush on Mark. And I'm mainly curious to know if once again I'm crushing on a similar character. I hope he's a sweet guy. Just cuz, I wanna like him. I already do. He seems very positive and fun loving. He honestly, comes across as caring. I read a lot of this thread but not all of it. All I know about his exes is that he recently had one and dumped her in January. I'm just wondering if you guys know anything else about his history. Friendships, relationships, I just kinda wanna patch it together. I know people learn from their mistakes but at the same time I believe people don't change much. If you guys could patch up all that you know about how he deals with people, specially ex girlfriends and whatnot, I feel like id have a clearer picture of what he really is like. I'd appreciate any input. I'm just curious about him and why I seem to like him so much lol. Also you guys seem to be very perceptive, I'd like to hear your opinions on Marks character in general.

Mark seems to be introverted, shy and possibly solitary most of the time, from what I'm seeing. He has a few people(other than his family) close to him, but has everyone else at an arms length. I think that the Markiplier that everyone else sees, is just a persona.

I completely agree with that.
That's why I'm so curious about him personally.

Also something else I wanted to ask you guys, how my exes of his are actually "known" ? Besides the last one, any?
I've heard him say he's been cheated on in the past. And that he was in an abusive relationship and one girl used to hit him.
Anything else he's said about his past relationships? I wonder how many girlfriends he's had. He definitely doesn't seem like the kinda guy who goes out to pick up women. Lol I dunno, he doesn't seem that way.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:29 am

Deebop2 wrote:Also something else I wanted to ask you guys, how my exes of his are actually "known" ? Besides the last one, any?
I've heard him say he's been cheated on in the past. And that he was in an abusive relationship and one girl used to hit him.
Anything else he's said about his past relationships? I wonder how many girlfriends he's had. He definitely doesn't seem like the kinda guy who goes out to pick up women. Lol I dunno, he doesn't seem that way.

No clue. I mostly watch his videos from 2013 since they're my favorites, though, so maybe there's something I missed.

And hello everyone! :) I am so, so glad I found this site. I've tried to get involved with the community on Twitter and YT and such, but sometimes it feels like no one cares to talk unless you make fanart/animations/edits/roleplays (eugh to that last one) or have been "noticed by senpai." It doesn't help that I'm 25 and WAAAY past my fanfiction days. :? I feel a little alienated from the rest of the viewers sometimes. So like other newcomers in this thread have said... I'm glad this place exists for those of us who want to express opinions different from the rest. Peace.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:44 pm

handlewithcare wrote:It would hold up with the theory that Mark shuts people out when he's done with them.

That reminds me of a guy I knew in college. He was awkward, but also very friendly and fun to be around. We were close friends for a while, but there were a few sudden times when he'd inexplicably shut me out, along with his other friends. It really hurt because I considered him to be one of my best friends. We don't talk now. :( What's interesting is that when we were friends, he often told me how insecure he felt around most people. He was fully aware of how awkward he was, and didn't always know how to relate to people in friendships. I think he was too hard on himself, which led to him overanalyzing and overreacting in his relationships, imo. If this is the same with Mark...not that I'm that great at analyzing people...I actually feel really bad for him.

personthepanda
Learner
Learner

Post by personthepanda » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:01 pm

Kierans wrote:
handlewithcare wrote:It would hold up with the theory that Mark shuts people out when he's done with them.

That reminds me of a guy I knew in college. He was awkward, but also very friendly and fun to be around. We were close friends for a while, but there were a few sudden times when he'd inexplicably shut me out, along with his other friends. It really hurt because I considered him to be one of my best friends. We don't talk now. :( What's interesting is that when we were friends, he often told me how insecure he felt around most people. He was fully aware of how awkward he was, and didn't always know how to relate to people in friendships. I think he was too hard on himself, which led to him overanalyzing and overreacting in his relationships, imo. If this is the same with Mark...not that I'm that great at analyzing people...I actually feel really bad for him.

handlewithcare wrote:From now on I'm only going to use this site to add information. As I've said before I'm a huge fan of Cry. I know a long time ago sombody on here hinted that cry didn't care too much for Mark. Last night on his live stream durning wind down ( they had just started playing uno) someone in chat asked Cry why he didn't do videos with Mark anymore and Cry said it was because Mark unfriended him on Skype. It would hold up with the theory that Mark shuts people out when he's done with them.

I totally agree, because I'm the exact same way. I also have friends that do the same thing.
Most of the time, if I don't talk to someone for a while it's hard for me to start talking to them again and most of the time I just won't talk to them again. I know the reason I do and feel like this (and I'm just speaking for myself lol) if I don't talk to a person for a while, I feel weird and even ashamed for not speaking to them in a while. Mark could be the same way, it wouldn't surprise me. And it could also be a combination of what I just said and the chance that he thought "Oh, since I haven't talked with him in forever, maybe I don't need to." and that could be for whatever reason and I think that should be considered as well
[emoji4]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:21 pm

Mark posted a long thing on Facebook about mistakes and regrets and how he just wanted to make people happy but it looks like it has disappeared. Did anyone else see it? Any thoughts?

Edited to add: It's still up on his Tumblr account, apparently.
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

Cat_Lady22
Debater
Debater

Post by Cat_Lady22 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:50 pm

PsychGrad0317 wrote:Mark posted a long thing on Facebook about mistakes and regrets and how he just wanted to make people happy but it looks like it has disappeared. Did anyone else see it? Any thoughts?

Edited to add: It's still up on his Tumblr account, apparently.

He posted something similar on Twitter, too.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:40 pm

From what it seems, it looks like these messages have been posted because of what has been going on across the board. On Tumblr yesterday, there was a lot of talk about Mark being a God or Mark having a God complex. I have on a few accounts spoken about how many fans see Mark as a God figure instead of the human that he truly is.

Ely
Learner
Learner

Post by Ely » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:45 pm

Along with a handful of fans in both Mark and Jack fandoms were creating trouble in his tag over the way Mark hid his past romantic relationship from the fans while other fans policed and tried to remove the negativity or rumors by giving Mark his positive hype train where every fan on Earth express the way Mark saved their life in some way which I believe rubbed him the wrong way especially with the way those fans usually worship Mark went a bit overboard with the praising and idolization.

After this letter, now every single Markiplier fan believes they fully understand the meaning behind his words and are basically a) parroting what he said, b) they are rejecting the thought and believing Mark is being too hard on himself or c) a mix of both. With tl;dr goodness and photos included. I'm simply facepalming at them right now.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Agreed, Ely. There was a lot of talk about Mark a) being in a past relationship, b) not being in a past relationship, or c) denial that he was in a past relationship. I decided to separate b and c because there are still many fans who genuinely do not know about that past relationship or, on good faith, have decided not to listen to the rumors.

Return to “Markiplier”