We have upgraded to the latest forum software, so we are currently editing styles and testing extensions.

Shopping Advice - Londoners/Europeans

Eclectic
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shopping Advice - Londoners/Europeans

Post by Eclectic » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:54 am

Hey! I'm from South Africa, from a tiny town where shopping is somewhat limited. So my sister is going to London for a bit in a few weeks, and also has a couple days in France, Italy and Spain.

I have a few pounds from years back, like 20 pounds, and my sister is going to add quite a bit to that to get me something really nice. What beauty product, gadget or cool item would you recommend I ask for?

I was thinking something like a special lipstick, a really high quality face cream or something unique to Europe that I would struggle to find here, as opposed to a few cheaper gimmicky items.

Any one who has 'holy grail' or 'treat' item/product that you think I should ask for? Any shopping recommendation for her would be appreciated too! (London specifically)

Thanks lovelies <3 <3

pamplemousse
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shopping Advice - Londoners/Europeans

Post by pamplemousse » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:35 am

I would really recommend a box of Laduree macaroons/macarons as they are so iconic, beautifully packaged and absolutely delicious! They are certainly available in London and Paris, and I expect in other locations in Europe.
However, I know that they are best to be eaten within 4 days as they are freshly made, so your sister would have to get them at the end of her trip!

Otherwise I would really recommend french skin care brands like Nuxe and la Roche Posay.

Return to “Europe”