Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

TyrannosaurusLexxx

TyrannosaurusLexxx

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:35 pm

What do you think of her? I like her vlogs and beauty videos when she acts abit more serious, but I find her attempt of being funny SO cringe. It's really embarassing to watch so i had to unsubscribe.

PoisonedApple

Re: TyrannosaurusLexxx

Post by PoisonedApple » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:58 pm

I'd heard of her but never saw her in anything until I watched Becoming YouTube, and literally EVERYTHING she says on there is so fucking stupid and annoying, she should have just been cut out. In every episode, she just laughed at her own idiotic attempts at being funny and offered NOTHING of value. It made me despise her and I've never seen a single one of her videos, and I don't care to.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:21 pm

She isn't that funny but she's a very eloquent ranter and a great musician. Certainly one of the best British youtubers.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:25 pm

I really like her. She's not the funniest out there sure, but some of her 'comedy' videos are genius... The Yule Ball Hangover, Lex Logic, the one where she's dressed as a christmas tree and the recent SD card saga to name a few. They're kinda hit and miss though, and you can definitely tell which ones she's put more effort into.

I prefer when she talks about issues important to her, like animal cruelty, feminism and charity. She's very eloquent and discusses some really important things in an enjoyable to watch kinda way? Plus I like the fact that she isn't afraid to call people out on their bs and that she talks about controversial issues knowing full well it's not going to help her channel grow. I feel like she has a lot of integrity, in that sense. If you guys haven't seen the Becoming Youtube panel from Vidcon last year, you should definitely watch it, she was the only woman on it and absolutely killed it, standing up for beauty gurus who all the guys were being incredibly rude about, and generally making really good points about the gender gap on youtube.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:29 am

^ Agree. I also like that she called herself out on some of the things she said in Becoming Youtube.
She posted this a while ago and somehow it's always stuck with me:

what I actually dedicate the majority my life to these days is standing up for the things I believe in, for my friends, and for myself. also, trying to be brave. lately it’s my little crazyperson brain mantra when things suck; be brave, be brave, be brave. bravery isn’t always being fearless, it can be being scared fucking shitless and finding it in yourself to face the thing that’s terrifying you. that’s what I do.

I'm not a fan of some of her recent comedy videos and sometimes she can be too passionate. But she's one of the Youtubers I've subscribed to the longest because of her content and sense of humor. I like her music the most, she has a great ear for harmonies and there's a nice depth to her songs from the vocal layers she adds in.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:24 am

She seems like a nice girl, but I just don't find her funny. And the content she's put out isn't something that would make me want to subscribe (ie I didn't find it interesting, but I'm happy that she has many many people who do think it is).

Post by Guest » Sun May 24, 2015 12:20 am

I know her thread isn't very lively lately but I thought I'd stop by anyway.
I would say I like Lex's instructional videos. Some of her sketch videos are clever but I don't always think she's funny.

Post by Guest » Sun May 31, 2015 3:09 am

I had no idea who she was until I met her recently at an event. We spent a little while talking in a group of mutual friends and she was incredibly stuck up. That said, I have enjoyed the videos that I've seen of hers when she talks about activism and things she is passionate about. It's just a shame my first impressions of her weren't good ones!

Post by Guest » Sun May 31, 2015 2:31 pm

I first knew her from the sarcaschicks days, when she was 'Friday' but hardly ever made a video. I didn't much like her then - found her stuck up as you said. However maybe 6 months ago I watched a more recent video out of boredom and ended up watching a bunch, now I'm subscribed and think she's really funny. Not all the time, but when she is she really is- very witty, and smart with it, I think. I also respect how passionate about certain causes she is. I can imagine her coming across badly in real life though, she seems the kind of person that uses sarcasm and cutting put downs as a defence mechanism.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:28 pm

Lex has a very dark, sarcastic, British kind of humour that I honestly enjoy. At first her personality struck me as very overbearing, but I believe she's the type of person that is betrayed by first impressions. The more I watched Lex, the more I liked her and understood where she was coming from. I find that I agree with her on a lot of "touchy" subjects so that probably helps. All in all, she's a powerful voice for women and she's not afraid to speak up about her views. I wholeheartedly respect that.

Return to “N-Z”