Weight loss tips?

mayorpatty
Talker
Talker

Weight loss tips?

Post by mayorpatty » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:18 pm

So recently I decided to loose weight. I wasn't happy with my weight and started working out and eating healthier. And I would like to know some of your guys sugestions or tips to loose weight.
BellaJane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Weight loss tips?

Post by BellaJane » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:39 pm

Mmm.. sounds like you've got it down. Eating healthy and working out. I mean at the end of the day -for most people- losing weight is pretty basic. I don't think there are any real tricks or secrets. Not if you want to do it the healthy way, at least. And that's the only way I would ever recommend. Just eat correctly and move your butt. I keep track of Macros, but only casually. Tons of water. Fresh foods. Real foods. I try to avoid anything if it has ingredients that sound like they were cooked up in some chemistry lab. I avoid most fast food, save for once or twice a month. I avoid most things that come in a wrapper. DON'T starve yourself. In general, people need a bare minimum of 1200 calories for their metabolism to function normally. Most people will need more, depending on things like age, weight, activity level, etc. And don't think that you can eat 1200 calories and then burn off 1000 of them with workouts and you'll be fine. You should be trying to NET at least that much. Meaning that if you plan on burning 500 calories working out, you should be consuming a minimum of 1700 calories. You have to fuel your body. Using myself as an example, on rest days I'll eat between 1550 and 1800 calories. That's for days with zero exercise. On hardcore training days, I'm generally eating closer to, sometimes over, 3000. Most of the time I'm between 2200 and 2500. I've lost just over 10 pounds since Easter. MyFitnessPal is an amazing app for tracking your diet and fitness. If you want to go all out, I suggest a food scale and a heart rate monitor. Most people really overestimate their calories burned and really underestimate their calories consumed, so being able to have more accurate ways to track is nice. But again..they're not necessities by any means. As for working out, keep it fun. I don't kill myself with cardio, and I don't treat workouts like a chore. I do things I enjoy. I split about 50/50 with strength training and cardio...something like Yoga works wonders since it fits into both categories. Find some YouTube videos that you can follow along with. Vary your workouts. HIIT. Take fun classes, like Gymnastics or Ballet or Boxing. Go swimming. Go to a park and use the jungle gym for a fun strength workout. Sign up for a themed 5k. Make it a lifestyle change and enjoy it. If you're miserable and hungry and exhausted all of the time it's going to backfire. My trainer tell me "If you put good in, you'll get good out." Put in good effort, good food and good energy and you'll get good results :)
mayorpatty
Talker
Talker

Post by mayorpatty » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:03 am

BellaJane wrote: MyFitnessPal is an amazing app for tracking your diet and fitness. )

I know it was the first app I downloaded. I love it.
thelastbagel
Talker
Talker

Post by thelastbagel » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:50 am

Everything BellaJane said, plus some foods I noticed that really helped me lose weight quickly were baked salmon, black bean soup, avocado, and squirting a lemon wedge in my water to help with sugar cravings. But if you want something sweet, I recommend Greek Gods Greek Yogurt with a handful of fresh fruit. Their yogurt is sweet and creamy enough to make it a dessert. If you have more than 50 pounds to lose, I recommend working out for at least an hour 5-6 days a week for a month. It'll rev up your metabolism like crazy if you stay consistent. The 30 Day Shred, running and eating clean helped me lose 15 pounds in a month at my heaviest.
kayleeee
Informer
Informer

Post by kayleeee » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:14 am

I agree with BellaJane on the scale and the heart rate monitor. The heart rate monitor has helped a lot. I use to base my calorie burn from the machines and myfitnesspal, but those where very overestimated. I was also eating back all those exercise calories so my weight loss was staying the same. Found out I was overestimating a lot. Granted it's still an estimate but it's a bit more accurate.

Aso Couch to 5K is a fun app if you want to start running :)
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog
mayorpatty
Talker
Talker

Post by mayorpatty » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:48 pm

thelastbagel wrote:Everything BellaJane said, plus some foods I noticed that really helped me lose weight quickly were baked salmon, black bean soup, avocado, and squirting a lemon wedge in my water to help with sugar cravings. But if you want something sweet, I recommend Greek Gods Greek Yogurt with a handful of fresh fruit. Their yogurt is sweet and creamy enough to make it a dessert. If you have more than 50 pounds to lose, I recommend working out for at least an hour 5-6 days a week for a month. It'll rev up your metabolism like crazy if you stay consistent. The 30 Day Shred, running and eating clean helped me lose 15 pounds in a month at my heaviest.

Thanks for the suggestions. But thankfully I only have to loose 25.
white trash sparkles
Talker
Talker

Post by white trash sparkles » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Cook your own meals
Don't weigh yourself at all. Measure instead
Don't obsess over your weight otherwise this may cause you to start obsessing about food and you will fall off the wagon
Don't go to the gym. Instead pick a fun sport like tennis in the summer or cross country skiing in the winter.
Don't drink soda or certain types of alcohol. For most people these things cause a person to put on rapid weight or keep them from losing it.
wiliamshape
Stalker
Stalker

Post by wiliamshape » Tue May 12, 2015 12:28 am

I was in facing for weight loss, after lots of searches i got a blog of http://645-cleanse-xtrem-za.blogspot.in/ that is really helpful for me when i used it & follow its instructions, my weight loss 80 kg to 65 kg & i am very happy to slim fit my body. I am really that about of Cleanse Xtrem ZA. For more info>> https://www.cleansextrem.com/
onigiri815
Informer
Informer

Post by onigiri815 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:53 pm

I would highly recommend that you dont look at the scales. Do ensure you are in a range of calorie deficit (your output is higher than input) and that you incorporate weights training into your workout regime.

Its taken me 3 years to GAIN weight and I have incorporated weights training. However, I do not look like I have gained any weight at all. I am simply more toned and defined. Muscle burns fat even while you dont work out. Even if you miss gym for a week, your muscle keeps working to burn fat to sustain it.

HIIT is great and I really love stair runs and stair sprints as a way to really burn your body out. Squats are also my favourite; leg day in general.

I cut out soft drink, I dont drink alcohol unless it is 'necessary'/ special occasion, I havent eaten any fast food in almost 5 months and I quit Doughnut Time (my aussie ladies, hola at me for this joy) and gelato for a month and Im not even missing it ... plus my wallet is alot fatter from it ;)

Finally; HAVE FUN! :tu: Fitness is amazing and its about being the best you you can achieve!

Return to “Fitness”