Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

First signs of weight loss?

First signs of weight loss?

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:18 am

I know answers will vary, but I was just wondering.. What were the first signs of weight loss for you? And how long did it take for you to notice the weight beginning to come off? I read somewhere that you won't see results on the scale at first as when you exercise you lose fat but also gain muscle (which is heavier).

I'm really determined to get fitter and don't want to feel discouraged from not seeing any physical improvement! I've joined a gym for the next 6 months and am hoping to lose weight in a healthy way to reach my goal. :)

I know I can look up this kinda thing online but I'd rather hear it from you guys. :tu:

Re: First signs of weight loss?

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:30 am

My face I think. It was just one day I was tryna take a selfie and I noticed how much more defined my cheekbones were and that my cheeks weren't as chubby. My stomach as well, I noticed it getting flatter as time went on and also my arms I started to notice that they weren't as flabby anymore.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:31 am

OH and I tried on a pair of jeans I wore at my heaviest weight one day wanting to see how loose they were and I had went own 2 sizes so that was fun haha. And for how long it took to see...since my face was the first thing I noticed, it was a month maybe.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:55 am

weigh yourself once a week in the morning when you get up to monitor your weight loss. don't weigh every day. weighing every day is a better indicator of fluid balance, not weight loss. don't focus on the scale, focus on the physical signs. are your pants getting looser? do you feel better about yourself? do you have more energy? the number really doesn't matter.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:03 am

If you're excercising, then non-scale victories will be more significant...be sure to take your measurements because they'll show weight loss before the scales do, because you're gaining muscle!
Personally, when I see my waist coming back...that's how I know. Haha. :)

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:26 am

I think it's different for every individual. My sister always notices her collar bone and shoulders (how boney they are) and I always notice how much my hips are sticking out. It just depends on what your problem areas are, and when you lose weight there are more angles and bones there lol.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:45 pm

I can fit into my jeans and breathe. Even button them up.

Return to “Fitness”