Currently Working on Content Creation. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please email us!

SaucyCosplays

Re: SaucyCosplays

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:13 pm

Gorillaz1236 wrote:
You take criticism very well, so I feel that while not deluding your content, try new things.

Don't be afraid. Be brave. If it doesn't work. Move on and try something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is very true. Though easier said than done, trying new things and leaving your comfort zone can be a great learning experience :) and maybe even have great things come out of them.

It's advice that I wish someone told me "that you can try new things without changing yourself " (of course you change/keep growing as a person. But I hope you get what I'm saying) a few years ago. Everyone has their self-doubts. As long as you're being you and having fun with it, there shouldn't be anything to be afraid of :D

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:21 pm

foxymoxxy wrote:Who cares if a million people have used the same technique, if you wanna use it then do it!
This. It's not about technique, it's about how one makes use of that technique and turning it into something fresh. :D

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Gorillaz1236 wrote: You're not wrong in what you say. It's a competition and youtube is growing daily with new channels. Sometimes you do have to ride on coat tails or pull a Brittany Spears (though I feel you're higher than that)

We have yet to see your main stuff, so we'll leave what you can do that's different on the back burner until then.

But, from the cons you've went to, I feel you have to gather as much inspiration from others while adding your personal touch.
In your cosplays, direct copy cat is good but adding a twist is what makes it fun.
Like your Yoko bunny and those Victorian Sailor Moons.

Do a character you feel you can make their style malleable. Change a costume. I know this is easier said than done but a challenge is a challenge.

I have a newtype magazine with Cosplayers in it. I'll reread their advice and see if you can benifit from it.

Try working up your courage. Being a youtuber is about shoot and miss. If no one likes it, screw it. We know what not to do next time.
You take criticism very well, so I feel that while not deluding your content, try new things.

I do try to add my personal touch, I'm glad you've noticed! Acurate cosplaying is a talent but some of my absolute favorites are reimaginings! I'm confident in my looks and I'm pretty darn proud of my skills having not been traditionally trained, it's specifically talking to a camera that get's me all weird. You'd think talking about yourself and something you love would be easier than reading the news! I just need to suck it up and do it often so I get more comfortable ^^;
Dragonmax wrote:
foxymoxxy wrote:Who cares if a million people have used the same technique, if you wanna use it then do it!
This. It's not about technique, it's about how one makes use of that technique and turning it into something fresh. :D
Oh I agree! I was talking more on the overall format of a video rather than techniques. Typically it's make up tutorials, BTS, hauls, OOTD, unboxing. I took a hard look at those and said "how can I do this video with my own spin?" For Unboxing, I chose to make it ASMR! For crafting videos, I decided on adding some stop motion heavy elements. Things like that^^

@DeathToAllSpiders
I have had the same experience for the most part, I think it's different for Japanese Americans versus native Japanese. It's one thing to wear a cheap halloween costume that synonymies geisha with prostitute versus going to a traditional tea house or lantern festival in authentic kimono or yukata! Overall they're a very welcoming, polite, and helpful people as a whole! There are very few things I've seen true offense taken with, the people I've met definitely wanted to bring us in and show us their world, but that's just my experience. I think the worst thing you can do as a tourist is not be up on social queues and etiquette. We went bowling and my rusty Japanese definitely didn't include any bowling vocabulary so we had to speak english and the guy apologized to us for not knowing how to say certain things and we were like nonono! We're in your country this is our fault we are inconveniencing you!

What I meant was you'll never see me using the culture as an accessory or a costume. I know enough to know what's respectful and what isn't. And of course, again, the anime bit is already shameful on both ends ;) So I just let that freak flag fly there's no helping me there I'm too far gone.

I for sure have a lot of ambitions, I worry sometimes I may have bitten off more than I can chew but there's no turning back! The problem is never drive, it's resources. The more successful I become, the more comfortable it will be to branch out to more and more things and not have to worry about running out of money^^; My schooling was focused on broadcasting and live TV, I am versed(albeit rusty) in industry standard sound and editing programs. I even have a little production background as once upon a time I wanted to be a producer. One thing I never dabbled in during school though was make up and wardrobe, but dang I wish I had cause I love it! These skills aren't hyper specific to costuming. There's a lot I can do with a sewing machine and prop making skills outside of this subculture! I'm focused on what's ahead of me, but I'm confident in the doors that will be opened along the way^^

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:35 pm

SaucyCosplays wrote:
Gorillaz1236 wrote: You're not wrong in what you say. It's a competition and youtube is growing daily with new channels. Sometimes you do have to ride on coat tails or pull a Brittany Spears (though I feel you're higher than that)

We have yet to see your main stuff, so we'll leave what you can do that's different on the back burner until then.

But, from the cons you've went to, I feel you have to gather as much inspiration from others while adding your personal touch.
In your cosplays, direct copy cat is good but adding a twist is what makes it fun.
Like your Yoko bunny and those Victorian Sailor Moons.

Do a character you feel you can make their style malleable. Change a costume. I know this is easier said than done but a challenge is a challenge.

I have a newtype magazine with Cosplayers in it. I'll reread their advice and see if you can benifit from it.

Try working up your courage. Being a youtuber is about shoot and miss. If no one likes it, screw it. We know what not to do next time.

I do try to add my personal touch, I'm glad you've noticed! Acurate cosplaying is a talent but some of my absolute favorites are reimaginings! I'm confident in my looks and I'm pretty darn proud of my skills having not been traditionally trained, it's specifically talking to a camera that get's me all weird. You'd think talking about yourself and something you love would be easier than reading the news! I just need to suck it up and do it often so I get more comfortable ^^;
Dragonmax wrote:
Oh I agree! I was talking more on the overall format of a video rather than techniques. Typically it's make up tutorials, BTS, hauls, OOTD, unboxing. I took a hard look at those and said "how can I do this video with my own spin?" For Unboxing, I chose to make it ASMR! For crafting videos, I decided on adding some stop motion heavy elements. Things like that^^

@DeathToAllSpiders
I have had the same experience for the most part, I think it's different for Japanese Americans versus native Japanese. It's one thing to wear a cheap halloween costume that synonymies geisha with prostitute versus going to a traditional tea house or lantern festival in authentic kimono or yukata! Overall they're a very welcoming, polite, and helpful people as a whole! There are very few things I've seen true offense taken with, the people I've met definitely wanted to bring us in and show us their world, but that's just my experience. I think the worst thing you can do as a tourist is not be up on social queues and etiquette. We went bowling and my rusty Japanese definitely didn't include any bowling vocabulary so we had to speak english and the guy apologized to us for not knowing how to say certain things and we were like nonono! We're in your country this is our fault we are inconveniencing you!

What I meant was you'll never see me using the culture as an accessory or a costume. I know enough to know what's respectful and what isn't. And of course, again, the anime bit is already shameful on both ends ;) So I just let that freak flag fly there's no helping me there I'm too far gone.

I for sure have a lot of ambitions, I worry sometimes I may have bitten off more than I can chew but there's no turning back! The problem is never drive, it's resources. The more successful I become, the more comfortable it will be to branch out to more and more things and not have to worry about running out of money^^; My schooling was focused on broadcasting and live TV, I am versed(albeit rusty) in industry standard sound and editing programs. I even have a little production background as once upon a time I wanted to be a producer. One thing I never dabbled in during school though was make up and wardrobe, but dang I wish I had cause I love it! These skills aren't hyper specific to costuming. There's a lot I can do with a sewing machine and prop making skills outside of this subculture! I'm focused on what's ahead of me, but I'm confident in the doors that will be opened along the way^^
That's the beauty of Cosplay. It's special and awesome to see people either get technical and build their own props and whatnot and it's great to see people add twists (ex: SteamPunk Kamikaze Jeanne or I dunno a kawaii Soul Reaper) but your eye for mainstream fashion and personal touch could add a great twist to characters.

TIP: try doing characters that aren't overused like Sailor Moon.

Try riding off popularity. Look for popular animes and do a twist Cosplay of the favorite character.

Also, confidence is key!! And personality is key!! Those two things will make you! You can have talent but a shitty personality would break you. Be confident, cool and have a shining personality.

Seeing as how you love make up, try doing a few simple make up tutorials or make up for Cosplay? That would be cool!!

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:07 am

I've always been very shy since I was a bit sheltered as a child which I'm grateful for as my parents are just looking out for me. My shyness and lack of confidence when it comes to public speaking, talking to new people and just being myself is one of the reasons I'm starting a YouTube channel. So I can practice and also make new friends along the way :D I don't have the equipment yet as it is my birthday next month so my mum just says wait until then even though I'm more than happy to buy it myself but still not sure what equipment is best to start with so it isn't overboard but also isn't rubbish quality. Yes just thinking about it is making me extremely nervous but I'm determined to do it because if you don't where would you get in life with out taking that little step in doing something? :tu:

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:57 am

I'm psyched to see the stop motion DIY / crafts :)

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:34 am

best of luck to your channel and endeavors! may I pm you, I wanna ask you a question without having to publicize it if that's ok @saucycosplays

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:25 am

Hello and welcome to GG!

So about ur channel I wouldn't mind seeing more outfits of the days and markup looks, I really do like how u do your makeup and some of your clothes choices, I think that would been a nice thing for u to do.....

And as to the cospalyer, I like that u have a backup plans, that's good! I always say to everyone -so what's your backup plans?- lol I would like to see the processing of how u create and the work u put in As well, maybe a time lapse video? ..... And if u did do makeup in college I would mind see u creat like different cospalyer looks for fun and maybe even Halloween makeup looks.....

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:06 am

Makeup tutorials would be really cool. Maybe you could do a video/series of videos that covers the construction of a costume from start to finish. For me, the process is usually the part I find most interesting :D

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:38 am

I initially was going to include the costumes themselves in the crafting videos rather than just props and accessories but it isn't feasible, at least right now. It slows production time WAY down. Stop motion is extremely time consuming, I have to do one thing, take a picture, do one more thing, take a picture. Sewing and stop motion don't exactly mix. I'm not sure how a time lapse would turn out, but I could certainly test those waters!

As far as make up tutorials, how I do my makeup for costumes will be included in costuming videos! Everyday makeup though, It'd be a one and done type deal. I do the same look in different colors. My secrets revealed!

Anyone is free to PM me!

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:36 pm

I would really like to see makeup vids, even if it's the same thing, even if different shadows and such. I like to see what other people wear and try with their style. Also, a what's in my purse/bag video, and maybe even how you pack your bags for a event.

I hope you don't t mind I put in my requests.... I like to see what others girls do and try to get tips and tricks from others and always looking for someone new to watch.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:13 pm

SaucyCosplays wrote:I initially was going to include the costumes themselves in the crafting videos rather than just props and accessories but it isn't feasible, at least right now. It slows production time WAY down. Stop motion is extremely time consuming, I have to do one thing, take a picture, do one more thing, take a picture. Sewing and stop motion don't exactly mix. I'm not sure how a time lapse would turn out, but I could certainly test those waters!

As far as make up tutorials, how I do my makeup for costumes will be included in costuming videos! Everyday makeup though, It'd be a one and done type deal. I do the same look in different colors. My secrets revealed!

Anyone is free to PM me!
I like your eye makeup, really :). I hope you can show us your eyeshadow technique in one of your makeup tutorials.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:24 pm

I can definitely do makeup vids^^ There seems to be enough demand, that's something I could easily do! The what's in my bag idea about how I'd pack for a con is super interesting! I really love that idea! I'll do one for PAX for sure!

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:55 am

Hey there, Jess! I'm not familiar with cosplays and stuff, but I've seen some of yours and they're pretty cool. I'm sure your Youtube channel can expand nicely with a lot of branch and ideas! Maybe some videos of how you prepare your cosplays could be a nice idea? ;) Make-up tutorials, vlogs, conventions, clothes, anime/manga reviews, etc.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:32 am

Hi Saucy, about your A(nime)SMR video:

I watch a lot of ASMR videos and I know that it's hard to give constructive criticism because as you've mentioned before, everyone is different when it comes to ASMR and what triggers one person could be completely grating to another, so it's impossible to please everyone, so for feedback I'm going to give a suggestion for future ASMR videos but I understand that it's just my entirely subjective opinion and if it doesn't mesh with your preferences or with what other people suggest then that's fine!

So, the length was fine to me, as you say ASMR videos can be very long, i've watched ones that are up to two hours long and they're actually good because if you fall asleep in 15 minutes one night then the next night you can go back to the same video and start it where you left off! Although I will say that if I could choose between a 20 minute video with really good tingles or a 60 minute video that only gave some tingles, i'd go with the first one, so I think if it was me I'd personally stick to a 25-30 minute video and work really hard on making every minute count.

I think the main thing is that with unboxing videos you have to be careful of those grating plastic sounds. The cardboard sounds and opening-with-scissors sounds are all common triggers but it's hard to get the sound of opening up plastic packaging without it being grating. I don't know how realistic it is for your setup but I think the best aspect of your video was putting together the little figures (the motions are relaxing), not necessarily the unboxing part because of those sounds, so if i could magic-up a perfect AnimeSMR video right now, i'd actually remove the 'base' audio from the unboxing part of the video and instead layer up more desirable audio, you could have nail tapping ear-to-ear on different surfaces and maybe some gentle rustling (at first you might think it'd be disorienting for the audio to not match up with the visuals but i've seen a lot of people do it and it can be quite effective). I'd remove all the pieces from the packaging and organise them neatly on a table, all with that 'base' audio removed and with layered tapping etc in the background, and then once you moved onto the 'assembly' portion of the video you could bring the audio back so we can hear the pieces click into place etc, but continue the layered sound either at a different level or maybe switching it up a bit. I have a personal preference for no-talking ASMR but i'm certain you could still do the talking with the setup i've suggested, but a voiceover would be needed for the unboxing portion of the video.

I think a longer video without layered sounds or a 25-30 minute video with layered sounds would probably equal out, and layered sound videos are always really impressive and tingle-y, so that's what i'd aim for personally!

Just to reiterate again- if any of that input is not to your personal liking or it'd be too difficult with the hardware or software that you currently have, that's totally understandable, but like I said feedback can be difficult with ASMR so the best I can do is offer what I think are the good elements of the video (the assembly, the tapping) and tell you what i'd do to build on those, and I just hope any of it is helpful. :P

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:02 am

That was fantastic advice!!!!!!

Now you all mention triggers and sounds?
Is that the main attraction to ASMR vids?

But I already suggests clacking noises because those are very universally liked triggers.

Snapping and clicking noises are quite well liked too.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:58 pm

Gorillaz1236 wrote:That was fantastic advice!!!!!!

Now you all mention triggers and sounds?
Is that the main attraction to ASMR vids?

But I already suggests clacking noises because those are very universally liked triggers.

Snapping and clicking noises are quite well liked too.

ASMR is an extremely relaxing/calming sensation that can be triggered by sounds, visual, and physical touches. Sound is very important, and visuals typically include hand movements or "flow" which is when someone is extremely focused on a task. Personal attention and soft spoken/whispers is extremely popular, role plays are huge! Triggers vary person to person as previously said, its personal preference, what gives you the best result!

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:49 pm

I have a request for asmr actually. I relax while watching time lapse make up videos. I would watch real time videos, but most of them are tutorials and i don't care to hear them talk. Literally i have muted long make up videos and opened Pandora radio in a new tab xD I'm sure asmr videos like that already exist, but it wouldn't hurt to have one other person do the same. It's like watching time lapse drawings and paintings but on a face. I would really enjoy that. I didn't realize asmr could appeal to all the senses and not just hearing. I guess if that were the case deaf viewers would be excluded from enjoying asmr. But yeah, that's all!

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:53 pm

When will the next video be out?

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Ok Jess uploaded!

So far as I'm watching I love the softeness in her voice. Good job jess!!

My personal triggers is nail tapping from a woman's long nails and that's what really got me!

So warning for nail tapping in case it's a negative trigger to anyone.

And she made it 27 minutes.

I'll finish watching.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:27 pm

I loved her new video!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:31 pm

well, nice markiplier gave her channel a boost and exposure but hm. she's going to have to work extra hard to pave her own identity from him like she wanted to do in the first place. work hard jess!

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:35 am

True. Most of the subs at the moment are either Mark's stalkers or have only liked because Mark has said so. Mark has spoken! :lol:

Return to “N-Z”