Another pretentious IPSY commercial...
MishBunny Tumblr >> highlighting Michelle Phan's shenanigans
Contributors always welcomed.
amuto_lover
TROLL
TROLL

Re: [VIDEO] PSYCHEDELIC DREAMS

Post by amuto_lover » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:10 pm

I felt like she put most of the products on in the wrong order. And she was layering makeup products for no reason other than squeezing them in because they're in the ipsy bags.
**EDITED: INAPPROPRIATE SIGNATURE**
ArcaneExplosion
Learner
Learner

Post by ArcaneExplosion » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:03 pm

Psychedelic is often connoted to hallucinigens such as LSD and shrooms. I hope she knows shes technically advertising drugs to kids, as even the psychedelic patterns is associated with drug usage because it's "trippy"
Fairwind
Learner
Learner

Post by Fairwind » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:31 pm

Her eye makeup looks similar to plenty of her other videos and that lipstick looks like it's drawn outside of her lips unintentionally. AND FILTERS. AGAIN.
Fairwind
Learner
Learner

Post by Fairwind » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:00 pm

I couldn't edit my post so...

Okay, so I wasted 7 minutes of my life actually trying to watch her video. Her eyebrows were badly blended with that concealer! Woman needs to learn about blending (so much about being an "artist" ew.) And can she just shut up about being an anime lover already, she don't have to shove it so hard to everyone's throats. The bodysuit was specially made by her friend and it was not even shown in the video. What can we see from just the shoulder part?

The eyeshadows were different with each eyes and like I said, the overall eye look was rehashed from other videos. Also, she's a highlighting freak. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did she put some highlighter before brushing it off with her "CC Cushion" (not cream, btw)? What's the point then if she's gonna put some highlighter again after. Her cheeks look like two shining circles.

The overall look was pretty bad even when she used the nude lip color. Eyes look muddy, lips look sickly, and several bad application techniques. Don't get me started when she used the blue lip color. It was badly applied, it went out of her lips. I think Michelle aware that her makeup was atrocious so she decided to hide it with that hideous pair of sunglasses :rofl: Then what's the point of that tutorial if she's gonna hide it after?
Evil_robot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:39 am

another bullshit from Michelle.
yuck.
bad makeup. her face looks puffy. and who the hell applies foundation after peeling? so that your pores will clog? why :rofl:
Chiyou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Chiyou » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:53 am

She doesn't know how to do makeup on her "new" eyes. You know, with her deep set sockets and all. That's why all of her makeup looks the same. She brings her wings all the way up to her deep set crease as if she still had her Asian double eye lids, and that just looks way too exaggerated.

Her narration makes it sound like it's some unique trend to try for fall, but really, it's just an exaggerated winged eyeliner look - nothing special. For all of the time she spent on that eye makeup, it's really the blue lipstick that brings this look out of anyone's comfort zone and that doesn't require any creativity whatsoever.

That eye makeup makes her look really tired too.

Her posing with her hands and waving her arms around were so bad. :rofl:
ImageImage
Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:28 am

Concealer too light for her skin tone. It's 2 shades too light for her skin. LEARN TO COLOUR MATCH, MICHIN.

Putting the CC cream on after the highlighter merely covers the highlighter. wtf.

SO MUCH PRODUCT PLACEMENT.

The eye makeup was the neatest I've seen her do it, but it's a generic winged smoky eye. We've seen quite a few before, but this time it was rehashed with distracting graphic editing and funky effects. It's great video editing, and I'm betting she had someone else do it.

Someone had their silicone fillers topped up. :3

What the hell is with this:

I give it a C+. The eye makeup wasn't exactly technical or groundbreaking, but it wasn't a train wreck. It did however, distract from the fact that she had more fillers done to her cheekbone and upper lip.

Just admit that you do get fillers, Michelle, and we'll shut up about it forever, I promise.

And she ended up covering it with those funky kaleidoscope glasses, which means we can't see the overall makeup look.
ImageImage

Any typos made are the result of smartphone screen typing. #butterfingers

freegurugossip.tumblr.com
Eleabear57
Informer
Informer

Post by Eleabear57 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:40 am

I think what really bothers me the most is that she is diving into this world of spirituality but it's becoming more and more obvious of how much of an empty shell she actually is. There is no personality to her anymore unless she is bitching someone out in the comments. There's no happy Michelle. Just a body and a voice on a screen trying to make her life seem complete and dreamy.
Chiyou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Chiyou » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:56 pm

YUCK! wrote:Image
She looks like she's ready to burst into tears in this photo. Her eyes look soulless and tired.
Eleabear57 wrote:I think what really bothers me the most is that she is diving into this world of spirituality but it's becoming more and more obvious of how much of an empty shell she actually is. There is no personality to her anymore unless she is bitching someone out in the comments. There's no happy Michelle. Just a body and a voice on a screen trying to make her life seem complete and dreamy.
I totally agree. I feel like she originally starting getting into spirituality because she realized how empty her life is and so wanted to tap into her spirituality to find something more fulfilling, but instead it just keeps getting worse.

Her "spirituality" makes me feel like she just wants to discard her corporeal self and be something abstract - like a symbol or something. And I'm not saying this like it's a good thing. It's almost disturbing how lacking and empty her personality is.
ImageImage
Pooka
Learner
Learner

Post by Pooka » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:00 pm

Does anyone else think the blemishes on her nose and cheeks are from the filler injection sites? I feel like they're always in the same spot after a few months and have the same consistant pattern every time (if they were pimples, I feel like they'd be redder around the pimple itself. Each one looks like its drawn blood and is super tiny...).

I really liked the editing in this video tbh, but I know theres no way in hell Michelle did it, so in the end I'm still not impressed with her.

Return to “Michelle Phan”