Advice about working online?

bubblegumbitch
Informer
Informer

Advice about working online?

Post by bubblegumbitch » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:12 am

Hi! So basically I'm going back to school and I want to have flexible working hours. Plus I'm in a long distance relationship and want to be able to travel freely without worrying about taking time off from work. I found an article about working online but I was wondering if anyone here had any advice about it? I know to make sure the company is legit and things like that but I was wondering if there's anything else I should know. :) thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can say what you want, I'm the shit
LipstickOnMyTeeth

Re: Advice about working online?

Post by LipstickOnMyTeeth » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:05 am

Would you mind posting a link to the article? Many of these claims are in fact scams but you never know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sarcastic bitch with an affinity for anything pink and or covered in glitter.
bubblegumbitch
Informer
Informer

Post by bubblegumbitch » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:36 am

http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/online-j ... -students/

I think some of them might be more legit than others, I was thinking of audio transcription. I know a few people who've done it and liked it
You can say what you want, I'm the shit
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by bipolarmorgan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:35 am

My two cents...

It's a decent article. Working online can be a great source of income, but it has it's drawbacks... First and foremost - not often do you get benefits. I have to pay for my own healthcare, I have no sick days that get paid, etc... Generally - you set your schedule and you have to self motivate yourself to do the work. If you aren't one of those self motivated people, working online will not make you much money. On the other hand if you are truly dedicated, you can make almost an unlimited amount, it all depends on your strategy. This applies in many of the jobs and areas listed in the article.

Good luck!

Return to “Advice Column”